• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State basketball Finals location

Started by oldschool52, June 09, 2006, 08:56:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschool52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it just me or do others feel like the AAA board made a grave mistakes in moving the state basketball finals to the Hot Springs arena. Don't get me wrong,I love Hot Springs,but it just isn't going to fit the bill for a now expanded 3 day finals event. The arena only hold 6,500 and I really don't feel like tripping over a packed house of fans or even watching the game from a connected facility via a 'big screen'.

Also,we have taken a venue that was positioned in the central part of the state and moved it to non-central,off the beaten path area that we also be hopping with horse race fans and activity. What about ease of location ?  Finding a hotel room ?  What if you wanted to take in more than one game or make a weekend out of it. At least with the Alltel arena you had 'space' and ease of movement...hotels,restaurants and shopping within a short driving distance.

A guess we can drive down and root for the home team and leave immediately to make room for the next games fan's.   The AAA board has forgot about the main purpose of these games...the athlete and fans....when is it not going to be about the overall money
coupled with free rooms,golf and extras for the board members.

I can't wait to see what a farce this is going to be.....better yet....let's check the attendance  for each day....I expect they will drop dramatically,due to people not wanting to put up with the headache,the drive,and the cramped surroundings in regards to seating in the actual arena..but wait there's an overflow area with a TV...!!!!.

Come on AAA board,what were you thinking !!!!!!

OlGuyWicker

Hot Springs in the early Spring!!!    The racing season is in full swing.  Take in a ball game and go watch the ponies run.

oldschool52

A city full of true virtue...gambling and racing...what have I been missing...

wawa111

Give me a break OLD SKOOL...it is not gambling it wagering. It takes skill. I am guessing you don't have that skill cus you don't like the ponies...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas