• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bryant girls job open once again

Started by Yee-Haw, May 30, 2006, 12:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yee-Haw

Coach from Oregon backed out due to health reasons

infinity41

What is the word on the job then?  The guy from Oregon was originally coaching at Cabot, I think.

infinity41

Last I heard from someone at Bryant was that they hired the Cabot Jr. High Coach- I do think he is a male, heard that the parents were mad because he had never coached a high school team before, much less a 7A Basketball program- I believe Carla Crowder is still at Cabot as the High School Coach

kijex13

Quote from: infinity41 on May 30, 2006, 02:00:48 pm
Last I heard from someone at Bryant was that they hired the Cabot Jr. High Coach- I do think he is a male, heard that the parents were mad because he had never coached a high school team before, much less a 7A Basketball program- I believe Carla Crowder is still at Cabot as the High School Coach

They had hired a man that was one of the Cabot's junior high coaches, but he went to Oregon last year.  According to this, he isn't coming any more.  So it's open again.  Coach Crowder is still at Cabot coaching the senior high.  It used to be one of the premiere jobs in the state, but the talent seems to have dried up a bit.  It's also getting pretty late to not have a coach, so it will be interesting to see who they get.

Ballhawker

I tried to tell them to hire Chumley from Jessieville, but no, they wouldn't listen.  Now it's probably too late.  I don't think the money was good enough for anybody good.  They don't pay like they should over there.  They called and talked to our coach, Lee Scroggins, and he said they couldn't match his pay, and he's coaching AA!!  Isn't Bryant AAAAAA?

infinity41

kijex13

Quote from: Ballhawker on May 30, 2006, 07:24:21 pm
Isn't Bryant AAAAAA?

As ridiculous as it looks, they are actually AAAAAAA.  You really have to slow down and count how many A's there are.

infinity41

Bryant is 7A which you think more coaches would go for the job, but if the pay is lousy then why go!

infinity41

I would agree with you Exorcist.  So many programs now a days are putting their HS Football and Basketball Coaches on at least 245 day contracts and paying them on an index rather than stipend.  If they want to build that program back up, they need to put someone in there who will work hard, has control over their jr. high and middle schools, loves the game, etc.  Most schools give their HS coaches time throughout the day to go and visit the other programs and get involved.  That is what it will take to get the ball rolling there too and a little more pay!

#1softballfan

Who now has this job- it hasn't been re-opened- I know this for a fact so who know holds the position?

kijex13

Quote from: #1softballfan on June 05, 2006, 10:59:32 am
Who now has this job- it hasn't been re-opened- I know this for a fact so who know holds the position?

I believe the guy that had taken the LR Christian girls' job is back at Bryant.  He was an assistant or junior high coach at Bryant last year. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas