• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Buren Girls Job

Started by Whoa, April 11, 2006, 09:27:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Whoa

I hear the Van Buren girl's job is open.  Who would be a good fit for that job?

b-ball fan

Is anyone hearing any news on this one?

bknight33

b-ball fan

what are the names being thrown around for this one...what kind of timetable are they on.

Sneekers

Do you think they will go after Myron Heckmon?  He is at Ramsey now but used to coach with Tim.

b-ball fan

I think they will go after a well established head coach from a smaller classification...

bknight33

Quote from: b-ball fan on April 12, 2006, 11:45:56 am
I think they will go after a well established head coach from a smaller classification...

I think that they will go for the best possible candidate.  Myron would be an excellent choice. 

oldschool52

What's the scoop here....Why is Tim's job open..Did he move or take another job elsewhere?

Sneekers

What about Tim's assistant or a junior high head coach in the VB system?  Does anyone know what it might pay? 

Sneekers

I have heard Northside's assistant Scott Thompson has been mentioned as a possible applicant.

b-ball fan

have there been any developments on this one

b-ball fan

has this job stalled...is anything in the works

b-ball fan

Dr. 7A West

Would you want to go to a job that is a dead end?  If being .500 is a goal, then this job is for you.  Come one come all - come play in a new gym that can hold over 2000 people, but won't fill to see your team play. 

MeanGreen

The problems run deep, a good coach could make it above .500. The man lost his job i will not kick him while he's down. I'm sure coach didn't loose any sleep when he was given/reassigned, that's the VB way. That's all I have to say about it.

b-ball fan

a good coach can make a big difference in any program...good luck to who ever gets this job...Are they interviewing yet

Yee-Haw

Big-Time Winner and former league coach has been offered.

Will likely accept and announce tomorrow.

b-ball fan

T-Wacker

Quote from: Yee-Haw on April 25, 2006, 11:02:49 am
Big-Time Winner and former league coach has been offered.

Will likely accept and announce tomorrow.

Then you might want to move the word "former" to the first of this description! Talent will be at a minimum for years at VB.

hoggy34

That wouldn't happen to be Merrill Mankin would it?

b-ball fan

OLDGOLD

Why would Mankin want to do this to himself?

T-Wacker

Quote from: OLDGOLD on April 25, 2006, 04:04:40 pm
Why would Mankin want to do this to himself?

Does he not set on the bench at Chaffin and what players run up and down the floor just waiting for the game to end?

Yee-Haw

Look for a timely recruiting class  ;)

OLDGOLD

Sneekers

Is it official about Mankin takin the vb job?  Whose he takin with him? ;)

spaceeater

It is official, talked to him tonight, he is excited.

Rulesman

Quote from: hoggy34 on April 25, 2006, 12:21:13 pm
Why did he leave SS in the first place?

Scorpius

Tim McCutchen took an assistant principle job at VBHS and could not do both jobs. He left the bb program for an admin position and I would like to wish him the best of luck. As for Coach Mankin I dont know much about him but being a player in the VB athletics I would also like to extend a warm welcome to him and wish him good luck as well. To find out more about it there was an article in the Southwest Times Record in the Sports section on the 6th. You can find it on there website.

ladyballer

Van Buren made a very good hire.

Look for a major turn around in that program.

T-Wacker

Quote from: ladyballer on May 11, 2006, 12:08:27 pm
Van Buren made a very good hire.

Look for a major turn around in that program.

John Wooden couldn't turn that program around.

not ray

Quote from: Rulesman on April 30, 2006, 07:34:28 pm
Quote from: hoggy34 on April 25, 2006, 12:21:13 pm
Why did he leave SS in the first place?

He left because he wanted a lesser work load.  So he took the job at Chaffin.  Shortly after taking that job he had to have something like a quadruple bypass.  Since then he had not been coaching.  My guess is that he just wanted to be on the sidelines again. 

warriorsforever

It's great to see Coach Mankin back in a HS position!  I admired him as the Southside coach for the years my daughter played 5A West basketball and he was always nice to her- even though she was the opponent.  Best of luck to him!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas