• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

parkview scores

Started by infinity41, March 11, 2006, 12:20:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

infinity41

please post the score of todays game when someone hears. thanks

PigBoi

MikeDiesel™

xtremewildcat

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 11, 2006, 01:18:10 pm
Is that a final score?

Yes sir.  I was told that it was pretty much a 6 point game, but Parkview pulled away at the end.

neafbfan

Jonesboro station 1230 AM said that LRPV pretty much took JB out of their game early on. Great season for the Hurricane though. Looks like the Central Conference is still the premier conference.

taintlint

Quote from: Mike Diesel a.k.a. Freak on March 11, 2006, 01:19:31 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 11, 2006, 01:18:10 pm
Is that a final score?

Yes sir. I was told that it was pretty much a 6 point game, but Parkview pulled away at the end.

I was there. You were told wrong. Jboro was slapped around all day by LRPV with the lead moving between 6 and 14 points through out the game!

xtremewildcat

You know, several of my friends and I saw PV play ED last week. What I saw was not the team I expected to see. They played a very controlled, disciplined, slowed down game. They did not shoot the ball well. They also looked very slow. However, they totally dismantled ED. They took them so far out of their game it was funny. Is that the way they have been playing all year or is that just the way they played ED.

taintlint

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 11, 2006, 02:41:39 pm
You know, several of my friends and I saw PV play ED last week. What I saw was not the team I expected to see. They played a very controlled, disciplined, slowed down game. They did not shoot the ball well. They also looked very slow. However, they totally dismantled ED. They took them so far out of their game it was funny. Is that the way they have been playing all year or is that just the way they played ED.

You hit the nail on the head. The only thing that they mix up is the tempo. If pressed, they run with the best of them. If need be, they will slow the game down too. That is all the reflection of having a Hall of Fame bound coach.

PigBoi

Quote from: taintlint on March 11, 2006, 02:45:11 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 11, 2006, 02:41:39 pm

You hit the nail on the head. The only thing that they mix up is the tempo. If pressed, they run with the best of them. If need be, they will slow the game down too. That is all the reflection of having a Hall of Fame bound coach. Al Flanigan is my idol, I get wood when his name is mentioned.
Fixed that for you.

xtremewildcat

How many titles has this guy won.

taintlint

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 11, 2006, 02:52:52 pm
How many titles has this guy won.

As an assistant and head coach at LRPV, almost 8 or 9!?!?

HOGDOG

How many has a head coach?

taintlint

Quote from: HOGDOG on March 11, 2006, 03:46:00 pm
How many has a head coach?

At least 3 (98,02,06). Not sure if he was the head of that 91 and 92 squad or not. Those may be credited to Ripley with Al as the assistant. Then of course there were the times he was the head coach in the title game and lost such as 1994.

HOGDOG

So you think he is better than Bray?

taintlint

March 11, 2006, 04:10:13 pm #16 Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 05:30:15 pm by taintlint
Quote from: HOGDOG on March 11, 2006, 04:03:32 pm

No way of ever comparing oranges and apples. I think the bottom line is this....... Al is the most successful active coach, by a longshot, in the 5A. No one can touch his hardware and resume. Not a soul in the 5A can come close. No other coach has cultivated and produced the amount of D1 athletes, NBA players, or Conference and State titles that he has. It is for those reasons that he is Hall of Fame bound. Is he better than Phil Jackson or John Wooden? Who cares? He takes what he has and does what he is supposed to do. Period.

jborocanes

Quote from: taintlint on March 11, 2006, 04:10:13 pm

No way of ever comparing oranges and apples. I think the bottom line is this....... Al is the most successful active coach, by a longshot, in the 5A. No one can touch his hardware and resume. Not a soul in the 5A can come close. No other coach has cultivated and produced the amount of D1 athletes, NBA payers, or Conference and State titles that he has. It is for those reasons that he is Hall of Fame bound. Is he better than Phil Jackson or John Wooden? Who cares? He takes what he has and does what he is supposed to do. Period.

didnt he coach at pine bluff too?

HOGDOG

No way of ever comparing oranges and apples. I think the bottom line is this....... Al is the most successful active coach, by a longshot, in the 5A. No one can touch his hardware and resume. Not a soul in the 5A can come close. No other coach has cultivated and produced the amount of D1 athletes, NBA players, or Conference and State titles that he has. It is for those reasons that he is Hall of Fame bound. Is he better than Phil Jackson or John Wooden? Who cares? He takes what he has and does what he is supposed to do. Period.
You are nuts Bray has four has a head coach no recruiting and not near that much talent. Not saying Flanigan isnt good because he gets alot out of his kids but he his hardware as a head coach does not compare to Brays. If he has 2 or 3 like you said he is one short of Bray which is a Hall of Fame coach as well. And the Hall of Fame is something you like bringing up alot.

taintlint

Quote from: HOGDOG on March 11, 2006, 08:44:33 pm

You are nuts Bray has four has a head coach no recruiting and not near that much talent. Not saying Flanigan isnt good because he gets alot out of his kids but he his hardware as a head coach does not compare to Brays. If he has 2 or 3 like you said he is one short of Bray which is a Hall of Fame coach as well. And the Hall of Fame is something you like bringing up alot.

You seem to forget that Ripley practically let Al run the team in the late 80's and early 90's. He has 3 as a head coach. 3 or 4 as the assistant. He also has two "overall" titles to go along with countless conference titles. Unfortunatley, no one remembers or cares for "2nd place" or you can add on the times he took his teams to the title games but did not win. Hey....bottom line for today is..........

LRPV 64
Jboro 50

HOGDOG

Now taint listen up- that would give him 7 total or maybe six( 3 as a head and 3 or 4 as assistant) Bray has 6 4 head 2 assistant. Lost in the finals several times. You are good at avoiding the recruiting part of it but it is a major part of Parkviews success. Bray coaches whoever is there that is why some years he has bad ones like this one. Flanigan is good no arguing that but no way can you say he is the Coach K of Arkansas well I guess you could because he gets the best players around as well. In the past 15 years or so WM is easily equal to Parkview as the best basketball program in the state. Bray is the best basketball coach in the state but you can have your glory today and yes I know 64-50 and I am some what happy about that as well because I cant stand Jonesboro either.

Missco

Flanigan is a better coach than Bray. Parkview was not even the most talented team in LR this year. Mills and Fair had most of the talent.

taintlint

Quote from: Missco on March 12, 2006, 12:54:53 pm
Flanigan is a better coach than Bray. Parkview was not even the most talented team in LR this year. Mills and Fair had most of the talent.

These kids from Jboro know nothing more than their team "is the best in the state" and yadda, yadda, yadda......blah, blah, blah. They know nothing of the talent that Mills had. They do not know who Mills is! They also know nothing of how talented Fair is. They only know the 2nd place team in the state. They ask each other......Who is better? The East or the West? Meanwhile the 5A boys and girls titles reside in the Central.

LRPV 64
Jboro 50

hogsfan41

taint do you leave the score in every post?  I think we've seen it the first few hundred times you put it there, and its not like we didn't know it anyways.  Your an idiot.

taintlint

Quote from: hogsfan41 on March 12, 2006, 09:20:53 pm
taint do you leave the score in every post? I think we've seen it the first few hundred times you put it there, and its not like we didn't know it anyways. Your an idiot.

LRPV 64
Who? 50

canes06

everyone just let taintlicker enjoy his championship(s)...he never was able to play anything growing up and now he has to live vicariously through students he teaches. so i really feel bad for him and my sympathy is sent to you

hogsfan41

I dont send sympathy, but I do believe Canes06 is right!

Frylock

No way of ever comparing oranges and apples.......... Is he better than Phil Jackson or John Wooden?

Most likely the DUMBEST thing you have ever said. You're right about the comparing apples and oranges but terribly wrong about comparing Flannigan to these coaches........Shouldn't you be teaching or grading papers or something rather than posting on here. I think you're really a bus driver or janitor and not really a teacher.

Quote from: taintlint on March 12, 2006, 01:50:29 pm

These kids from Jboro know nothing more than their team "is the best in the state" and yadda, yadda, yadda......blah, blah, blah. They know nothing of the talent that Mills had. They do not know who Mills is! They also know nothing of how talented Fair is. They only know the 2nd place team in the state. They ask each other......Who is better? The East or the West? Meanwhile the 5A boys and girls titles reside in the Central.

LRPV 64
Jboro 50

Pretty sure Jonesboro knows who Mills is, were they not in the same conference only a few years ago?

taintlint

Quote from: The Schwabb on March 15, 2006, 07:47:09 pm

No way of ever comparing oranges and apples.......... Is he better than Phil Jackson or John Wooden?

Most likely the DUMBEST thing you have ever said. You're right about the comparing apples and oranges but terribly wrong about comparing Flannigan to these coaches........Shouldn't you be teaching or grading papers or something rather than posting on here. I think you're really a bus driver or janitor and not really a teacher.

Quote from: taintlint on March 12, 2006, 01:50:29 pm

LRPV 64
Jboro 50

Pretty sure Jonesboro knows who Mills is, were they not in the same conference only a few years ago?

No one was comparing Al to John Wooden or Phil Jackson. Are you at least in the 6th grade? Have you learned the concept of analogies or sarcasm? The 3 coaches being brought up in the same sentence was to make it clear that there is no need to compare coaches that will never face each other and are all great with what they are given. I think you become dumber with each post!

LRPV 64
Who? 50

Frylock

So why did you say it Taint? If there is no need to compare it then why did you even make it close to resembling to a comparison between the three? Stop contrdicting yourself and say something that actually makes sense or that is credible, besides the same old, same old "LRPV-64, Who?-50" please.

taintlint

March 16, 2006, 09:50:23 am #30 Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 09:54:56 am by taintlint
Quote from: The Schwabb on March 15, 2006, 10:52:10 pm
So why did you say it Taint? If there is no need to compare it then why did you even make it close to resembling to a comparison between the three? Stop contrdicting yourself and say something that actually makes sense or that is credible, besides the same old, same old "LRPV-64, Who?-50" please.

Your 14 year old brain has clearly yet to develop in many of the areas needed for critical thinking or "thinking outside of the box". Whether I compared Al to Wooden and Jackson or, for your sake I'll make this easy on you, Barney and Pokemon, the point still stands. There is no need, cause, rhyme, or reason to give deep thought to rhetorical questions that could only be answered by comparing individuals that will never be on a level playing field. Let me break that down for you even further.........you can't compare apples (a coach at LRPV) to oranges (a coach from UCLA). It was called sarcasm in response to "do you think so and so is better than Al". From the horribly spelled and unwitty childish attacks that you send me in personal messages, I have realized that you are just old enough to lash out in uncalled for babbling but are clearly not yet mature enough for debate or trash talk that has any point behind it. From the script of "Billy Madison", I give you...................

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...."

Oh yeah....
LRPV 64
Who? 50

hogsfan41

you know I see all of your posting about how young the people are on this board taintlint, so how old are you?  Do you get your rocks off to coming on here and arguing with what you call "idiotic, undeveloped minded kids"  Something is weird about that...

taintlint

Quote from: hogsfan41 on March 16, 2006, 07:58:51 pm
you know I see all of your posting about how young the people are on this board taintlint, so how old are you? Do you get your rocks off to coming on here and arguing with what you call "idiotic, undeveloped minded kids" Something is weird about that...

The only thing "weird" is how you avoid a post that completely owns one of your peers by shifting the topic. I'm surprised you did not have to resort to name calling as your defense mechanism.

HOGDOG

Comparing Bray to Flanigan is not completely comparing apples to oranges. Same classification both great programs and great coaches but

CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BRAY-4(without any recruiting cuz he could in Memphis easily and doesnt)
    FLANIGAN-3
Since your such a good scorekeeper there Mr Taint. Enjoy your trophy and get back on the Little Rock roads and get to recruiting.

Missco

Another thing WM has a bigger school population that LRPV by about 250 kids. Parkview is a Magnet School.

taintlint

Quote from: HOGDOG on March 17, 2006, 09:04:18 am
Comparing Bray to Flanigan is not completely comparing apples to oranges. Same classification both great programs and great coaches but

CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BRAY-4(without any recruiting cuz he could in Memphis easily and doesnt)
    FLANIGAN-3

Do not forget that in Ripley's later years, Al almost entirely ran the team. Either way, assistant or head coach, Al has 8 State title rings, 3 or 4 times where he finished 2nd in state, and far far far far more conference titles.

LRPV 64
Jboro 50

HOGDOG

Quote from: Missco on March 17, 2006, 09:32:26 am
Another thing WM has a bigger school population that LRPV by about 250 kids. Parkview is a Magnet School.
Missco your point is completely useless because if you recruit the 10 kids( or players) you want I dont care if the school has 200 students your team is better than everyone else.

Missco

Parkview doesn't recruit any more than any other school in Arkansas. BIC just won a state title and 3 of their players live in another district. I could go on and on. WM has also had players that lived in other districts..

bknittin

Quote from: Missco on March 17, 2006, 12:08:29 pm
Parkview doesn't recruit any more than any other school in Arkansas. BIC just won a state title and 3 of their players live in another district. I could go on and on. WM has also had players that lived in other districts..

and we won't even go into the Har-ber deal and recruiting...

hogsfan41

Taintlint, you talk about me avoiding a comment, but you completely avoided mine?  Once again you might out to to think about what you say before you say it.  Now answer my original post

taintlint

Quote from: hogsfan41 on March 17, 2006, 10:17:47 pm
Taintlint, you talk about me avoiding a comment, but you completely avoided mine?  Once again you might out to to think about what you say before you say it.  Now answer my original post

Your attempt to derail a thread by asking me to answer to your childish accusations is a hardly a reason for a response. Regardless, here is my response...........

LRPV 64
Who? 50

Quite Frankly

Here's what I love...........tantlint has a 2nd id and has been using it to "clap" himself as if he's on a mission to make himself look better.  We know that there are very few posters that support his views and suddenly he begins to get claps.  The fact that he "claps" for himself is enough reason to discount his views.  At this point I call on ALL FF posters to begin the BIGGEST  ALL OUT ASSAULT in the history of FF by slapping the heck out of Taintlint until we get to 1000!

curiouscat

Frylock

Its ILoveToSuckABigFlannigan

PigBoi

Quote from: The Schwabb on March 19, 2006, 07:24:09 pm
Its ILoveToSuckABigFlannigan

You are my new favorite poster.

HOGDOG

Quote from: Missco on March 17, 2006, 12:08:29 pm
Please that is a joke give me the list of WM players that played at the high school that were not in Junior High here in WM. I can think of one.

wm 007

I can think of three recently in Football....Only one was actively recruited (although not by a member of the coaching staff)---
Lionel harris---Came from Memphis Melrose
BJ Hausworths----Came from Marion
Michael Montgomery---Transfer from WM Christian

HOGDOG

Talking about basketball here but Montgomery lived in the district and went to a private school so that is legal even if they did try to get him to come to WM. Other two I dont know but if the coaches didnt do it then it is fine fans will always do it. I promise you if any WM people see Darcel they will be telling him to come to Blue Devils next year cant be that hard to move a couple of miles down the road.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas