• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did The West Play BB This Year?

Started by xtremewildcat, March 11, 2006, 09:25:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xtremewildcat

I am not trying to be funny, but I don't remember hearing about any teams from NW AR. Was there any team from that region that made any noise this year. Tell me what the best BB team was from that area. It doesn't matter what division the team was in. Be honest, have you guys completely thrown in the towel in BB?

cyclone33

There is stuff all over this board about the 5A West. Fayetteville went down first round, as did Har-Ber. Rogers and Northside moved onto the 2nd round but were both beaten there. It was just a down year for the west.

rogers06

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 11, 2006, 09:25:44 am
I am not trying to be funny, but I don't remember hearing about any teams from NW AR. Was there any team from that region that made any noise this year. Tell me what the best BB team was from that area. It doesn't matter what division the team was in. Be honest, have you guys completely thrown in the towel in BB?

yes exactly...us northwest arkansans just decided that basketball is overrated for a season so we took the year off...?

Dr. 7A West

That question is like asking did anybody else besides Springdale play football this year?  Are you serious?  Yes, it has been since 1987 (FHS) that a West team has won the state title.  The 90's were dominated by LR Parkview and the recruiting of Ripley.  LR Central finally put an end to that.  WM and Pine Bluff have made a splash, but the Central conference is the best conference in the state.

xtremewildcat

March 11, 2006, 11:57:21 am #4 Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 03:01:23 pm by xtremewildcat
Well, let me ask it another way. If there was a final top ten poll in BB, what team from the west would be in that poll. It doesn't matter what classification.

rogers06

taintlint

Quote from: Dr. 7A West on March 11, 2006, 11:45:54 am
The 90's were dominated by LR Parkview and the recruiting of Ripley. LR Central finally put an end to that.

Looks like someone forgot to tell Al over at LRPV that Central has shut them down! Since Rip left, his assistant has gone on to numerous state championship games and won 3 of them. He has also dominated the Central countless times since Rip went away. I'm glad Central shut them down though.

Grizzle BEAR

Quote from: cyclone33 on March 11, 2006, 10:24:58 am
There is stuff all over this board about the 5A West. Fayetteville went down first round, as did Har-Ber. Rogers and Northside moved onto the 2nd round but were both beaten there. It was just a down year for the west.
Is it that or Little rock homecourt and officials!

JCFanatic

Yes, the west didn't do so great at the State Tournament this year and I'll even go as far as to say that maybe the talent level isn't as high over here as it is in some other parts of the state, but I think it's an insult to any team whether they win or lose to say that they "threw in the towel" and gave up.  It looks like ur on ur own in this thread.

Dr. 7A West

March 12, 2006, 09:17:52 am #9 Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 09:48:27 am by Dr. 7A West
When you can recruit the best players in LR to LR Parkview, you SHOULD win.  Ripley was average at best in the 80's when Parkview was not a magnet school.  When the LRSD added the "magnet" title to Parkview, they started winning.  Ripley was the best recruiter in the city.  You found out what kind of coach he was when he went to Westark CC and had to recruit on a level playing field.  Couldn't win.  Flanagan is just carrying on the tradition of recruiting in the city.  Central dominated PView, Hall, WM, PB, and even JA Fair.

If you take the St. Trn. results, then Rogers and FS NSide should be in the top ten.

key_stone12

Fayetteville had probably the deepest team in the state this year....

Grizzle BEAR

No its football time! yep, move it back to neutral to hot springs!

Grizzle BEAR

how many finals has nhs and shs been in in the last 22 yrs! Girls smart dud!

xtremewildcat

March 12, 2006, 08:42:34 pm #13 Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 06:54:30 pm by xtremewildcat
TO EVERYONE THAT HAS READ THIS THREAD!!!!

I did not say the comment about throwing in the towel. Some low life has altered my comments. Would the moderator please find out who did that. If people start doing that, this board will lose all credibility. The comments a person makes should never be altered the way this person has done. Everyone who has read my post in the past, knows if I want to get some crap started, I will. I don't need some cowards help!!!!!

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 12, 2006, 08:42:34 pm

I did not say the comment about throwing in the towell. Some low life has altered my comments. Would the moderator please find out who did that. If people start doing that, this board will lose all credibility. The comments a person makes should never be altered the way this person has done. Everyone who has read my post in the past, knows if I want to get some crap started, I will. I don't need some cowards help!!!!!

What is a towell?

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on March 13, 2006, 12:02:33 pm

I did not say the comment about throwing in the towell. Some low life has altered my comments. Would the moderator please find out who did that. If people start doing that, this board will lose all credibility. The comments a person makes should never be altered the way this person has done. Everyone who has read my post in the past, knows if I want to get some crap started, I will. I don't need some cowards help!!!!!

What is a towell?

Quit trying to be funny. I have never claimed to be Phi Beta Kappa. I would butcher a lot of words if I did not have spell check.

curiouscat

Hey, Tony!  Glad to see you back. 

Tony the Tiger

curiouscat

I guess I missed all the wit and charm.  Compared to the garbage and I mean disgusting at times, you are a ray of sunshine................LOL

Frylock

Quote from: taintlint on March 11, 2006, 04:30:58 pm
Quote from: Dr. 7A West on March 11, 2006, 11:45:54 am
The 90's were dominated by LR Parkview and the recruiting of Ripley. LR Central finally put an end to that.

Looks like someone forgot to tell Al over at LRPV that Central has shut them down! Since Rip left, his assistant has gone on to numerous state championship games and won 3 of them. He has also dominated the Central countless times since Rip went away. I'm glad Central shut them down though.

Hey Taint you might want to get a towel and wipe off the cream that Coach Al left on your lips.....thin that it is hanging off your chin as well.

OLDGOLD

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on March 13, 2006, 12:02:33 pm

What is a towell?
It's a long beach towel.

Father Guido

Har-Ber High was supposed to be the best of the West, with two Razorback scholarship offers in Sanchez and Rakestraw, but they struggle quite a bit early and never did quite live up to their potential.

Question: Did Sanchez ever officially accept the scholarship offer to U of A?  I saw on  TV the other day where Rakestraw did.

Quite Frankly

Lets hope not.  I simply do not understand grabbing at talent that not very many others are after that at D-1 majors.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas