• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIP: Bay 40 Wonderview 35 (w/stats)

Started by Brian G, March 09, 2017, 08:55:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Fearless Friday congratulates the players, coaches and fans of Bay.

Brian G

March 09, 2017, 08:55:19 pm #1 Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:07:01 pm by B.G.
                    1st   2nd   3rd   4th   Total
Wonderview   4   10   9   12   35
Bay                  12   9   9   10   40

Whs-g       Bay-g
Field goals   13-42   31.0%       12-31   38.7%
3-point FGs   0-17   0.0%       4-11   36.4%
Free throws   9-12   75.0%       12-15   80.0%
Reb (O-D)   29 (13-16)       22 (5-17)
Turnovers   9       10
Last FG   4th-00:26       4th-02:16
Large lead   4 (1st-06:28)       11 (2nd-05:13)

Bay (32-9)
Player       FG   3FG   FT   Reb    A    F   Pts
02   Whitlee Layne   *   2-10   0-4   4-5   3   4   3   8
10   Abby Frisby   *   1-5   1-4   2-2   3   1   2   5
24   Sydney Higgins   *   1-1   1-1   0-0   3   1   2   3
25   Sarah Blackman   *   5-7   2-2   0-0   0   0   5   12
35   Mallory Hartley   *   3-8   0-0   6-8   9   0   1   12
01   Shelby Corn      0-0   0-0   0-0   0   0   0   0
44   Kaylee Crain      0-0   0-0   0-0   1   0   0   0

Wonderview (38-4)
Player       FG   3FG   FT   Reb    A    F   Pts
05   Faith Byers   *   3-4   0-0   4-4   3   2   4   10
12   Brooke Zimmermann   *   3-8   0-3   2-4   4   1   4   8
14   Kailey Gullett   *   1-10   0-7   0-0   6   1   0   2
22   Shelby Reynolds   *   5-12   0-0   1-2   8   0   3   11
23   Bailey Wright   *   0-4   0-4   2-2   3   0   5   2
03   Rylee Raper      0-1   0-1   0-0   0   0   0   0
24   Bre Gottsponer      1-3   0-2   0-0   0   0   0   2

LHHC

Brian G

Quote from: LHHC on March 09, 2017, 09:15:52 pm
Hartley had way more than 9 boards
I just go with what they provide from the event.  Wouldn't doubt there are errors.

ISU7

Congrats Bay🏀💍 nice job.
Great season Wonderview.

RedWolf275

Great job Bay Lady Yellowjackets. Representing NEA in championship fashion!

STUNNA

NEA Razorback olfan

Thechosen1

I think it's safe to say 1a girls is better than 2,3 and 4a girls.

BigLion10

Idk about that this year chosen Quitman and Earle could probably beat this year's finalists

Thechosen1

Quote from: BigLion10 on March 10, 2017, 10:34:04 pm
Idk about that this year chosen Quitman and Earle could probably beat this year's finalists
Wv beat quitman this year I believe. Also beat valley springs so did Nemo. Norfork beat Pocahontas (4a state finalist) and pottsville the other 4a finalists. Hoxie girls are not better than Bay or Wv.

SlamminAllStar

Thechosen1

Quote from: SlamminAllStar on March 10, 2017, 10:39:50 pm
No way!
No way to what? Bay girls beat hoxie this year. (3a state champs). Wv beat quitman who beat Earle I believe to make 2a finals? Norfork beat Pocahontas who is in 4a state finals. And Wv beat Pottsville by 4 I believe who is in the other 4a state finals. So explain to me Slammin. I'd love to hear it.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 10, 2017, 10:49:42 pm
No way to what? Bay girls beat hoxie this year. (3a state champs). Wv beat quitman who beat Earle I believe to make 2a finals? Norfork beat Pocahontas who is in 4a state finals. And Wv beat Pottsville by 4 I believe who is in the other 4a state finals. So explain to me Slammin. I'd love to hear it.
he was saying no way like he was shocked but in a good way!

Thechosen1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 10, 2017, 10:50:52 pm
he was saying no way like he was shocked but in a good way!
Oh okay. Didn't seem that way

Moonshiner

Norfork beat Valley at Valley.  Beat Pocahontas at Flippin.  Didn't Wonderview beat Parkview?  Didn't know that Bay had beaten Hoxie.  Class A girls are pretty tough.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 10, 2017, 11:33:37 pm
Norfork beat Valley at Valley.  Beat Pocahontas at Flippin.  Didn't Wonderview beat Parkview?  Didn't know that Bay had beaten Hoxie.  Class A girls are pretty tough.
Very tough. Not just 1 or 2 good teams.

BoxNOne

RedWolf275

Class 2a Earle beat Bay twice during the regular season and then lost to Quitman in 2a semis.

BannerMountainMan

Did not take them long to make their way to the 1a thread

Brian G

What the heck is wrong with you people?

When we post congrats to the winner threads, it's not open season for you to come spread your stuff.   Please show a little respect for the winners in this thread.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on March 11, 2017, 09:44:12 am
What the heck is wrong with you people?

When we post congrats to the winner threads, it's not open season for you to come spread your stuff.   Please show a little respect for the winners in this thread.

I'd venture to say that the 1a basketball board is heaviest moderated board on fearless Friday....

Brian G

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 11, 2017, 10:09:40 am
I'd venture to say that the 1a basketball board is heaviest moderated board on fearless Friday....
And probably not moderated enough  :)

Your statement is probably accurate though with Politics board gone and the Greenwood/Southside/ElDorado football stuff in remission.

no mascot

Is it just me or are there a lot more mad mommas on here than there used to be?

LHHC

J.D.

Quote from: B.G. on March 11, 2017, 10:11:10 am
And probably not moderated enough  :)

Your statement is probably accurate though with Politics board gone and the Greenwood/Southside/ElDorado football stuff in remission.

Put me in coach.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 10, 2017, 11:33:37 pm

ICC beat hoxie....Nemo Vista beat 2a runner up Hector by 30ish....1a boys wasn't very deep this year...But 1a girls was a pretty solid field this year compared to other classes

ISU7

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 10, 2017, 10:37:21 pm
Wv beat quitman this year I believe. Also beat valley springs so did Nemo. Norfork beat Pocahontas (4a state finalist) and pottsville the other 4a finalists. Hoxie girls are not better than Bay or Wv.
Hoxie, Osceola and Riverside girls would beat bay right now Earle would too. Enjoy your 1A championship and be grateful.

Thechosen1

Quote from: ISU7 on March 12, 2017, 03:46:46 am
Hoxie, Osceola and Riverside girls would beat bay right now Earle would too. Enjoy your 1A championship and be grateful.
And you're a fool. Lol

Thechosen1

Quote from: ISU7 on March 12, 2017, 03:46:46 am
We beat Hoxie. I think by 20. And had valley springs down 15 at half at the fed ex. 2a and 3a girls were the worst. Hoxie wouldn't have beaten Bay, Nemo, wv, MVE, Norfork, or ICC. Already lost to ICC to be exact so wrong buddy.

BoxNOne

For the second time, Bay did not play Hoxie this season.

Thechosen1

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 12, 2017, 11:25:08 am
For the second time, Bay did not play Hoxie this season.
Must've been last year I'm thinking of. Hoxie would not have beaten the top 6 1a girls teams. And neither would've valley. Not quitman or hector.

BoxNOne

Thechosen1

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 12, 2017, 11:35:06 am
How about Earle?
Earle is good. I don't see how they lost to either team in 2a because that was brutal to watch yesterday.

BoxNOne

They lost to Quitman at Quitman in the semis. Bad draw for Earle.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 12, 2017, 11:29:51 am
Must've been last year I'm thinking of. Hoxie would not have beaten the top 6 1a girls teams. And neither would've valley. Not quitman or hector.

Quitman would have made things interesting with a good center against most of the top 1a schools, probably beat a few..... Heard from folks(not from Quitman) that usually they knock down all those open shots... But Hector being there was more to do with the draw they got than quality... Quitman, Earle, and Carlisle being on the same side of the bracket had to benefit someone...

J.D.

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 12, 2017, 08:06:32 pm
Quitman would have made things interesting with a good center against most of the top 1a schools, probably beat a few..... Heard from folks(not from Quitman) that usually they knock down all those open shots... But Hector being there was more to do with the draw they got than quality... Quitman, Earle, and Carlisle being on the same side of the bracket had to benefit someone...

Quitman beat MVE girls by a lot at some point in the year.

Thechosen1

Quote from: J.D. on March 14, 2017, 12:10:35 am
Quitman beat MVE girls by a lot at some point in the year.
Also we're blown out by WV I was told.

Rackjack74

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 14, 2017, 10:45:32 am
Also we're blown out by WV I was told.

Not exactly...but did lose to WV both occasions.  Had a 4pt game at home with 54 seconds; missed three layups and threw the ball away.  At their place...down 2 with a minute and a half ish left.  Had to start fouling.  Shot 7 of 17 from the free throw line.  Should have been up around 6 instead of down 2.  Both games were loses but no sane individual would classify either a "blow out."  Both were close games down the stretch with WV doing a little better job finishing.  One thing is for sure; both of those games did much more to help Q-Town than they did to hurt us.  We won the final 24 games of the season after our second loss to WV according to the paper.  If those games do qualify as "blow outs" then ok...cause this championship be sweeeetttttt!

Also, one should be careful following a "team A beat team B by X and team B beat..."  It almost never works and comes down to match ups.  WV matched up much better with us for some reason.  We would play teams that gave them trouble till deep in the 4th and win by pretty good margins.  That is coming from a WV parent/fan.   

thebigman3

My bet is WV for next year just because they got the same team and everybody else is losing folks. I think next year WV finally wins them one.

Oldref

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 19, 2017, 10:16:28 am
My bet is WV for next year just because they got the same team and everybody else is losing folks. I think next year WV finally wins them one.

WV will once again be in the mix along with Bay, MVE and Norfork. I think talent wise MVE was probably about as tough as anyone Bay played all year. Bay played Pocahontas last regular season game of the year and lost by 3 at Poky. The caliber of girls teams in NEA right now is really good and that helped Bay, Hoxie and Pocahontas all win state titles in my opinion. The better the regular season competition the better chance you have in post season.
JMO

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas