• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Big One: North Little Rock vs. Bentonville

Started by NLR4Eva, March 10, 2015, 10:46:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Quote from: Marblehog on March 19, 2015, 11:17:58 am
Quote from: mack on March 18, 2015, 08:37:06 am
He's a guard
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 17, 2015, 09:06:59 pm
Quote from: mack on March 17, 2015, 09:04:31 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 17, 2015, 05:26:27 pm
No matter how good you are you still have to have help. It is a team sprt after all. I think Monk has done everything he can for Bentonville. Hes at least made them relevant. He plays just about every minute of every meaningful game Bentonville plays. Sure Allen has the trophies but Monk is the better player IMO.

And just for kicks Jordan is better than Lebron not because of the titles and not because of the numbers. Jordan was just a better player. Lebron is the better athlete though.

I love Monk.  Hope he's a Hog.  Still, I'll bet anyone on here a steak dinner he won't be a one and done.

Curious as to why you think that?

Like most on here, I've watched him when I could since his EPC days.  He's improved some each year, but not as much in two areas.
I think the weakest part of his game is ball handling.  Next it's probably his strength.  He can improve both, but I don't think he'll do it soon enough to be a 1 and done.  There is a big difference in 1 and done and a 2 and done.  Bobby Portis should be a 3 and done.
lol are you kidding me.

Nope.  Mark this post and thread's date and correct me in two years.  I'll be laughing at you then.

Cabotred

Quote from: mack on March 19, 2015, 02:00:23 pm
He's a guard
No matter how good you are you still have to have help. It is a team sprt after all. I think Monk has done everything he can for Bentonville. Hes at least made them relevant. He plays just about every minute of every meaningful game Bentonville plays. Sure Allen has the trophies but Monk is the better player IMO.

And just for kicks Jordan is better than Lebron not because of the titles and not because of the numbers. Jordan was just a better player. Lebron is the better athlete though.

I love Monk.  Hope he's a Hog.  Still, I'll bet anyone on here a steak dinner he won't be a one and done.

Like most on here, I've watched him when I could since his EPC days.  He's improved some each year, but not as much in two areas.
I think the weakest part of his game is ball handling.  Next it's probably his strength.  He can improve both, but I don't think he'll do it soon enough to be a 1 and done.  There is a big difference in 1 and done and a 2 and done.  Bobby Portis should be a 3 and done.
lol are you kidding me.

Nope.  Mark this post and thread's date and correct me in two years.  I'll be laughing at you then.

I will start by saying MM is a rare talent........

I tend to agree with Mack on this one.  Not saying he is not a one and done type talent.  But he or his support network seems more grounded than most. He/they are looking at the long haul, not get rich quick. He could have stayed a EPC and dominated 3A, but they moved to BV to for betterment of him. I have watched him the last three years in summer ball and his handlers(mainly  Marcus and Wings organization) have not pushed him to do anything that he is not ready for. I believe they are doing right thing to have a successful long term NBA career.

He is a great high school talent, but time will tell how good he will be at next level. Where ever he goes to college some of his team mates and competition will be on same or close to level as him.  It will be an adjustment for him.  More mentally than physically he will need more than one year to mature. 

If I am wrong on this so be it, I have been wrong before. 

mack

Quote from: Cabotred on March 20, 2015, 11:18:02 am
He's a guard

lol are you kidding me.

I tend to agree with Mack on this one.  Not saying he is not a one and done type talent.  But he or his support network seems more grounded than most. He/they are looking at the long haul, not get rich quick. He could have stayed a EPC and dominated 3A, but they moved to BV to for betterment of him. I have watched him the last three years in summer ball and his handlers(mainly  Marcus and Wings organization) have not pushed him to do anything that he is not ready for. I believe they are doing right thing to have a successful long term NBA career.

He is a great high school talent, but time will tell how good he will be at next level. Where ever he goes to college some of his team mates and competition will be on same or close to level as him.  It will be an adjustment for him.  More mentally than physically he will need more than one year to mature. 

Good points.  I'm not infallible.  I could be wrong.....

ricepig

Quote from: mack on March 20, 2015, 12:08:43 pm
Quote from: Cabotred on March 20, 2015, 11:18:02 am
He's a guard

lol are you kidding me.

Good points.  I'm not infallible.  I could be wrong.....

I'm starting to lose what little respect I had of both of you, nobody admits to being wrong on a message board....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Seems like the NBA drafts more on potential now, and he has the potential to be big time. So one and done is definitely a good possibility.

mr.gametime

Yeap ...that's how the N.B.A works now days there was a kid from North Carolina last year...who came out his Jr year and went undrafted ...but after his freshman year if he would have came out they had him projected a early first round pick....staying in college those 2 extra years exposed his game or lack there of...to the NBA scouts and cost him millions

Moonshiner

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 24, 2015, 06:02:00 pm
Yeap ...that's how the N.B.A works now days there was a kid from North Carolina last year...who came out his Jr year and went undrafted ...but after his freshman year if he would have came out they had him projected a early first round pick....staying in college those 2 extra years exposed his game or lack there of...to the NBA scouts and cost him millions

What was the kids name from Arkansas that went to Kentucky a couple years ago and went to the NBA after his Freshman year?  I've honestly not heard his name in so long I've forgotten it (Archie Goodwin?).  I know he wasn't drafted very high. Staying another year would've helped him I believe, but we will never know.  Some guys are just better college players than NBA players.  Christian Laettner, Scottie Thurman, Lee Mayberry etc..  There were some that even thought Ky Madden (cousin) would be a one and done.
I hope he decides to be a Hog, but I'm also hoping Cal will win it this year and jump back to the NBA himself.

mr.gametime

Archie Goodwin has been getting some playing time...they sent him down to the D league for a little bit ...but know his back on the phoniex suns rosters... Coming off the bench as a back up guard....I know he has had a few 20 point games he just not consistent enough yet

rammer

March 27, 2015, 12:42:12 pm #108 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:51:47 pm by rammer
Quote from: mr.gametime on March 27, 2015, 12:03:43 pm
Archie Goodwin has been getting some playing time...they sent him down to the D league for a little bit ...but know his back on the phoniex suns rosters... Coming off the bench as a back up guard....I know he has had a few 20 point games he just not consistent enough yet

And is receiving a paycheck in the neighborhood of 1.1MM per year.

AT

Ball handling is NOT one of Malik Monk's weak points. Completely disagree there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas