• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fville 72 Bville 59 final in OT

Started by Cabotred, March 02, 2015, 09:38:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

Razorback Red

March 02, 2015, 10:16:05 pm #1 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:44:51 pm by Razorback Red
Just got home.  Fantastic game; great atmosphere.  Coach A and most of the Hogs were there and the placed was packed on a Mon night.

Congrats FHS on a big win.  I know some of you disagree, but Payton Willis is without a doubt (IMO) the 2nd best player in the 7A West.  He is smooth and makes great decisions with the ball.  He led the comeback in the 2nd half.  I believe he finished with 26. 

In overtime, CJ O'Grady took over on both ends.  He controlled the glass and had 2 and 1's.  Fayetteville bigs dominated the boards in 2nd half and OT. 

Monk had a solid night, but settled too much for the outside shot.  I believe he finished with 26. 

Brian G

TigerHawg

March 03, 2015, 06:34:20 am #3 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:03:05 am by TigerHawg

Brian G

Yeah, it was nice how they let off in OT.....

Fun night!

Did you guys go?

Sect103

It's nice to say they let off in the OT. Thanks for letting is win.  Just like the last two games we beat you. You guys are just so sweet.

TigerHawg

March 03, 2015, 10:32:17 am #6 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:03:21 am by TigerHawg

Brian G

TigerHawg

DerekOxford

Monk was four points away from breaking the 7A-West conference scoring record in a season in front of the record holder.

TigerHawg

March 03, 2015, 11:17:44 am #10 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:03:53 am by TigerHawg
Quote from: DerekOxford on March 03, 2015, 11:16:03 am
Monk was four points away from breaking the 7A-West conference scoring record in a season in front of the record holder.

DerekOxford

Imagine how nasty the atmosphere last night would've been in the old gym. Would've been nuts but would've had to turn a lot of people away as well.

Sect103

Best environment we've had in the new gym for sure.

Brian G

Marblehog

Is this guy for real saying bentonville let up in overtime.  What a joke

TigerHawg

March 04, 2015, 10:19:12 am #15 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:04:05 am by TigerHawg

TigerHawg

March 04, 2015, 10:29:27 am #16 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:07:52 am by TigerHawg
Quote from: Marblehog on March 04, 2015, 08:48:32 am

ricepig

Quote from: TigerHawg on March 04, 2015, 10:29:27 am

So, for pride alone, a coach will always have the players play full on and risk injury or fatigue before playoffs that week? Impossible to think a coach might realize the bigger picture? So, if you want the pride win, why not let Monk just play the entire 4th quarter and OT? There was no getting a better seed out of this so the win would be for pride and stats alone.

Says a lot about a program that doesn't try to win the game.

TigerHawg

March 04, 2015, 11:02:31 am #18 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:07:34 am by TigerHawg
Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2015, 10:46:33 am
Quote from: TigerHawg on March 04, 2015, 10:29:27 am

So, for pride alone, a coach will always have the players play full on and risk injury or fatigue before playoffs that week? Impossible to think a coach might realize the bigger picture? So, if you want the pride win, why not let Monk just play the entire 4th quarter and OT? There was no getting a better seed out of this so the win would be for pride and stats alone.

Says a lot about a program that doesn't try to win the game.

Razorback Red

I didn't see any let up at all until late in OT when the game was out of reach.  At that point, Coach M pulled his starters. 

Honestly, Bentonville was a bit lucky the game went to OT.  Fville dominated the 4Q and had 2 chances to win it in the final minute.  I knew Bville was in trouble when our PG fouled out in the last couple of minutes in 4Q.  We never got in sync from that point on.

Fville flat kicked Bville's butt in OT, had zero to do with anything else. 

TigerHawg

Quote from: Razorback Red on March 04, 2015, 12:18:10 pm
I didn't see any let up at all until late in OT when the game was out of reach.  At that point, Coach M pulled his starters. 

Honestly, Bentonville was a bit lucky the game went to OT.  Fville dominated the 4Q and had 2 chances to win it in the final minute.  I knew Bville was in trouble when our PG fouled out in the last couple of minutes in 4Q.  We never got in sync from that point on.

Agreed and said the same, but some think a coach would NEVER not go full on the entire game until the final buzzer lol...dream land

ricepig

Quote from: TigerHawg on March 04, 2015, 04:08:44 pm

Agreed and said the same, but some think a coach would NEVER not go full on the entire game until the final buzzer lol...dream land

I seem to remember seeing an article about some teams missing the playoffs for not  trying to win........

TigerHawg

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2015, 04:24:20 pm
Quote from: TigerHawg on March 04, 2015, 04:08:44 pm

I seem to remember seeing an article about some teams missing the playoffs for not  trying to win........

I remember the reg season Fay vs Bville game during football and Fay parents they didn't play up to speed because they wanted a better seed in the playoffs.....don't believe the hype :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas