• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FRIDAY START: 7A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

Started by Brian G, March 01, 2015, 12:19:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Brian G

I'd like to use this thread for local info (like places to eat) as well as overall chatter about the games.

Scores will be on a separate thread each day.  Feel free to start other topics but lets try to gather here for one stop shopping.

I should be able to handle most of your questions as I will likely be there each day.

Razorback Red

Quote from: B.G. on March 01, 2015, 12:19:26 pm
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Basketball/2015/BRACKETS/STATE/BB_7ASTATEBracket_2015.pdf

They seem to be waiting on the Fayetteville vs Bentonville game to fill the whole thing in. Just keep clicking the link and it will eventually fill in all spots.  Everything is set except the Boys W2, W3 and W4.  Fayetteville, Har-Ber and Northside will fill those spots but we will not know until late Monday night.

Thanks BG for starting this thread.  IMO, there are 5 teams capable of winning state in 7A: Bville, NLR, VB, NS and Fville.  Some of them have different strengths, but all are solid.  I do think Smith from VB will have to step up and take over games for them to do it.  Bville and NLR are in for obvious reasons.  Fville is complete when inside/outside game is going and NS has tons of talent everywhere. 

Razorback Red

March 01, 2015, 01:00:52 pm #3 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:06:35 pm by Razorback Red
Quote from: B.G. on March 01, 2015, 12:19:38 pm
I'd like to use this thread for local info (like places to eat) as well as overall chatter about the games.

Scores will be on a separate thread each day.  Feel free to start other topics but lets try to gather here for one stop shopping.

I should be able to handle most of your questions as I will likely be there each day.

Just one guys opinion, but here are places I would highly recommend if visiting NWA:

Hotels
top choice would be Embassy Suites in Rogers, but it is usually full during the week. 
Doubletree in Springdale is nice (closest choice to Harber)
Hilton Garden Inn in Fayetteville
Courtyard in Fayetteville
for a bed & breakfast, Inn at the Mill in Johnson is very good
The best overall hotel in NWA is 21C on the Bentonville square, but it is expensive

Food
Fayetteville is loaded with great places, but most Hog fans would always recommend Catfish Hole
Many good choices on Dickson St near U of A campus
Venetian Inn or Mama Z's in Tontitown
Rogers (Pinnacle Area) has the best selection of chain restaurants in NWA and the best mall (outdoor)
The square in Bentonville has several good options, such as Table Mesa, Flying Fish, The station cafe (steakburgers) and Tavola.  All are very good.

Activities
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville- a must see if you've never been there. 
High-rise trampoline and Fastlane in Rogers- both great for kids
Jones Center in Springdale- ice skating, swimming, etc
Nightlife- Dickson St (mentioned above) is clearly the place to be

There are lots of other great things about NWA if the weather cooperates.  Lakes, bike trails, hiking, etc... but it might be cold. 

Brian G

Another thing to be aware of is 6A is being played in Siloam Springs.  Anything on that side of SDale might be crowded at eat times. 

We won't talk about the Wed weather yet.

Razorback Red

Quote from: B.G. on March 01, 2015, 01:04:09 pm
Another thing to be aware of is 6A is being played in Siloam Springs.  Anything on that side of SDale might be crowded at eat times. 

We won't talk about the Wed weather yet.

Good point.  I didn't realize the 6A tourney was in SS.  Nothing against SS, but there's not a lot there when it comes to lodging and food.  That will definitely add to the crowds in the places mentioned above. 

Cabotred

Will the tournament be streamed on Internet?

If so wht is the link?

Thanks

ricepig

@ArkActAssnAAA: All State Basketball Tournaments postponed today...will resume tomorrow March 6.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas