• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville Basketball

Started by WPWells, January 30, 2015, 10:46:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I drove to Bentonville tonight to see if Malik Monk was all he was cracked up to be, and I left as a fan of Bentonville basketball. My buddies and I were among the last people to get in before they stopped ticket sales, so we had to just sit wherever we could find seats. We ended up in front of the Bentonville band and had several nice fans come up and speak to us. I met Razorback Red and he was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Just a genuine nice person. The atmosphere was insane. I was very impressed with both Bentonville's student section and their band. Their band truly looked like they were having fun playing, and they were quite good (I was in band in high school, so I know when a band sounds good). The basketball was excellent, and Malik was all he was cracked up to be. I can't wait for the rematch! Thanks, Bentonville, for the great experience

Brian G

You were very close to me. I was the on the end of the FHS  bench with the scorebook.

WPWells

I saw you, but there was no way I was getting anywhere to speak to anyone

Brian G

Good choice of entertainment tonight.

WPWells

CincyGuyintheFort

January 31, 2015, 10:48:34 am #5 Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:57:09 am by CincyGuyintheFort
Dang I wish I cudda made it up there last night. Great game and atmosphere it seems . I'm very surprised that Fayetteville got the W there. I figured they'd split home games this season.
But all that Bentonville does is first class. The entire athletic department is no doubt the model for what other schools should be. I mean they did win big school "athletic program of the year" from MaxPreps, very impressive.  I am for sure going to the game at Northside.

And Malik Monk is such a joy to watch play. He's worth the price of admission everytime. And I am hoping very much to see him in Blue & white in Lexington come November 2016, I'm sure Coach Cal is on it!  8).  We already pillaged Archie Goodwin from this fine Natural State, and Archie got himself a ring. So now it's turn for Malik

AT

Archie didn't get a ring did he? He came in the year after their championship, I thought.

Catfish

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 31, 2015, 03:24:31 pm
Archie didn't get a ring did he? He came in the year after their championship, I thought.

Archie did NOT get a ring. They didn't even make the tournament that year.

AT

Quote from: Catfish on January 31, 2015, 09:02:48 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on January 31, 2015, 03:24:31 pm

Archie did NOT get a ring. They didn't even make the tournament that year.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

SouthpawSensation

My only two drawbacks to basketball at Bentonville — the music is WAY too loud (not the band, the stuff pumped over the speakers) and the announcer is annoying.

Brian G

Poorly designed gym for seating is the drawback.

A-Good-One

Quote from: B.G. on January 31, 2015, 11:08:18 pm
Poorly designed gym for seating is the drawback.

Fayetteville gym perfect tho.

NLR4Eva

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 30, 2015, 10:46:47 pm
I drove to Bentonville tonight to see if Malik Monk was all he was cracked up to be, and I left as a fan of Bentonville basketball. My buddies and I were among the last people to get in before they stopped ticket sales, so we had to just sit wherever we could find seats. We ended up in front of the Bentonville band and had several nice fans come up and speak to us. I met Razorback Red and he was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Just a genuine nice person. The atmosphere was insane. I was very impressed with both Bentonville's student section and their band. Their band truly looked like they were having fun playing, and they were quite good (I was in band in high school, so I know when a band sounds good). The basketball was excellent, and Malik was all he was cracked up to be. I can't wait for the rematch! Thanks, Bentonville, for the great experience

Now you just have to watch Kevaughn and KJ.

DerekOxford

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 31, 2015, 11:05:35 pm
My only two drawbacks to basketball at Bentonville — the music is WAY too loud (not the band, the stuff pumped over the speakers) and the announcer is annoying.

Dreadful. Worst in the conference by far.

Sect103

When the other team gets a shot off as you're finishing your screaming rant into the microphone, your not doing a good job. He's the most annoying person in the 7A West. Was glad to see FHS knock off the fighting Monks.

When Monk leaves, BHS goes back to what it used to be. A place to stretch your feet out.

businesstron

Anyone know what time the Harber game starts tommorrow?

DerekOxford

CincyGuyintheFort

Yes that is my bad, I definitely goofed that up. I guess my mind tends to look at that season as a blur.
But if I get a championship, a champ game appearance and a 20-0 start the other 3 years in that 4 year stretch, ill take it

Razorback Red

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 30, 2015, 10:46:47 pm

Thanks for the kind words, 12th Man.  I'm glad you guys got a chance to drive up and I'm glad we got a chance to visit for a few minutes.  Let me know any time you want to get back to Bville for football or basketball. 

Now for any of you that want to see the best basketball facility in NWA, when Bville plays at Fville in a couple of weeks, the atmosphere will be electric. 

WPWells

I plan on being there. I can walk to FHS from my dorm

Brian G

Hoophawg

Do I need to buy tickets in advance to see this game?  Please give me some info on this game.  Driving 2 hours to come see it.  Thanks

ricepig

Quote from: Hoophawg on February 17, 2015, 08:39:38 am
Do I need to buy tickets in advance to see this game?  Please give me some info on this game.  Driving 2 hours to come see it.  Thanks

Ask for QF at the pass gate, I'm sure there will be reserved seats for you...........Or maybe not.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Hoophawg on February 17, 2015, 08:39:38 am
Just get there early ... very early.
Fayetteville will have a lot more seating, but the game at Bentonville was ruled a sellout at halftime of the girls game. Between games, there were people standing from the ticket table to the doors, waiting for a chance to get it, and who knows how many more were at the other doors on the other side of the gym. Who knows how many more drove up, looked at the crowd and decided not to even try to get in.

Hoophawg

Brian G

No presale. 
Parking will be tough.
JV games start at 4:30 and probably will have their largest crowd ever since people will come early.
VG start at 6:00
VB start at 7:30.

I would not guarantee a seat after 5:45.

Do NOT park on the street on the side by the Lady Back Soccer Field.

When in doubt, park at the FHS football field and walk.

SouthpawSensation

What may add more to this game is the fact the boys game went down to the wire last time, and Fayetteville won it in the final 10 seconds.
What may cause the crowd to dwindle is if Bentonville clinches the conference championship before this game takes place, and that could be likely.

Brian G

They'll have it clinched by then.

I think people just want to see this again.

Hoophawg

So how many people you think show up? 

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Hoophawg on February 17, 2015, 10:28:29 pm
So how many people you think show up? 
It will be Senior Night at Fayetteville, so it's a big occasion for them. That will bring plenty of people out just by itself.
Then there is the Malik Monk factor. Wherever he plays, big crowds now then to follow. That's why we believe this one will sell out very early.

DerekOxford

I have friends coming to this game that haven't been to a high school game since they've graduated, some of which have been out of high school for more than a decade, simply because:

1) they want to see FHS new gym because they haven't yet

2) they want to see Malik Monk

I'd wager that there will be more than just a few of my friends who are also taking this approach.

Catfish

Is there any teams hosting regionals near Conway?

A-Good-One

7A teams don't host regionals. But you can find out where the regionals are here...

http://www.ahsaa.org/activity/4/basketball

heffy22

Fayetteville will be using their backup announcer.

Razorback Red

Quote from: DerekOxford on February 18, 2015, 10:16:12 am
I have friends coming to this game that haven't been to a high school game since they've graduated, some of which have been out of high school for more than a decade, simply because:

1) they want to see FHS new gym because they haven't yet

2) they want to see Malik Monk

I'd wager that there will be more than just a few of my friends who are also taking this approach.

I will be shocked if there are less than 3k people at this game tomorrow night.  Fayetteville is fighting for the #2 seed and Bentonville has a bit of payback on their mind.  This game will not disappoint. 

A-Good-One

You really think 3k people will show up to hear FHS' back-up announcer? I gotta think that fact alone will disappoint about a thousand into staying home.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas