• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A State Tournament Bracket (With UPDATED Date/Times)

Started by AT, January 18, 2015, 12:37:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

January 18, 2015, 12:37:35 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:00:04 pm by Almatrackster
BOYS

W1 - Bentonville (Monday, March 9th, 2:00 PM)
C1 - Van Buren

W2 - Fayetteville (Monday, March 9th, 5:00 PM)
E1 - North Little Rock

GIRLS

E2 - North Little Rock (Monday, March 9th, 12:30 PM)
C1 - Conway

W2 - Fayetteville (Monday, March 9th, 3:30 PM)
E1 - LR Central

SouthpawSensation

Actually, Har-Ber and Bentonville would be switched in the boys.
They haven't played each other, so you can't use head-to-head. The next tiebreaker is points in conference wins, which Bentonville has 20 and Har-Ber has just 13.

AT

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 18, 2015, 04:20:52 pm
Actually, Har-Ber and Bentonville would be switched in the boys.
They haven't played each other, so you can't use head-to-head. The next tiebreaker is points in conference wins, which Bentonville has 20 and Har-Ber has just 13.

Good catch.

Cabotred

Considering Cental hasn't lost to a 7a team yet and we have lost to two and their conference record is better than ours I would put them in ahead of us as season stands now. Tues we play each other so will have better grasp on it then.

AT

Quote from: Cabotred on January 18, 2015, 08:37:02 pm
Considering Cental hasn't lost to a 7a team yet and we have lost to two and their conference record is better than ours I would put them in ahead of us as season stands now. Tues we play each other so will have better grasp on it then.

Good catch

AT

AT

AT

Razorback Red

I don't have all the updates, but with Bentonville's win over Springdale and Fayetteville's win over Harber tonight, Bentonville has clinched at least a share of the 7A West title.  Fayetteville, Northside and Harber are in a battle for 2nd, 3rd and 4th, unless Bentonville loses out.  Heritage is fighting to stay in the mix as well. 

AT

AT

Razorback Red

March 02, 2015, 10:19:12 pm #11 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:26:50 pm by Razorback Red
Quote from: Almatrackster on January 18, 2015, 12:37:35 pm
BOYS

W1 - Bentonville (Will play winner of West Memphis/Springdale Thursday, March 5th, 5:30 PM)
BYE

E2 - West Memphis (Wednesday, March 4th, 2:30 PM)
W6 - Springdale

C1 - Van Buren (Will play winner of Northside/LR Central Thursday, March 5th, 8:30 PM)
BYE

W4 - Northside (Wednesday, March 4th, 5:30 PM)
E3 - LR Central

W2 - Fayetteville (Will play winner of Bryant/Heritage Friday, March 6th, 5:30 PM)
BYE

C2 - Bryant (Wednesday, March 4th, 8:30 PM)
W5 - Heritage

E1 - North Little Rock (Will play winner of Har-Ber/Conway on Friday, March 6th, 8:30 PM)
BYE

W3 - Har-Ber (Thursday, March 5th, 2:30 PM)
C3 - Conway

GIRLS

W1 - Northside (Will play winner of North Little Rock/Springdale on Thursday, March 5th, 4:00 PM)
BYE

E2 - North Little Rock (Wednesday, March 4th, 1:00 PM)
W6 - Springdale

C1 - Conway (Will play winner of Har-Ber/Cabot on Thursday, March 5th, 7:00 PM
BYE

W4 - Har-Ber (Wednesday, March 4th, 4:00 PM)
E3 - Cabot

W2 - Fayetteville (Will play winner of Van Buren/Southside on Friday, March 6th, 4:00 PM)
BYE

C2 - Van Buren (Wednesday, March 4th, 7:00 PM)
W5 - Southside

E1 - LR Central (Will play winner of Bentonville/Bryant Friday, March 6th, 7:00 PM)
BYE

W3 - Bentonville (Thursday, March 5th, 1:00 PM)
C3 - Bryant

My final 4 in Boys: Bentonville, NS, Fayetteville, NLR
My final 4 in Girls: NS, Conway, Fayetteville. Bentonville

Cabotred

AT

Razorback Red

Looking at the boys bracket, if the higher seeds advance (except for VB), the semi's should be very, very entertaining.  I really think the way Fville is playing right now, they will give NLR all they want.  Fville is very difficult to go to the hole on, and I think they will be physical with NLR.  On the top side, I am guessing that NS will be very focused and really looking forward to a potential rematch with Bville.  Lots of games to be played before then, but these 2 games would be fun to watch. 

AT

Bump.

Look's like tomorrow's schedule in order is as follows:

(Girls) North Little Rock vs. Springdale - 1:00 PM

(Boys) West Memphis vs. Springdale - 2:30 PM

(Girls) Har-Ber vs. Cabot - 4:00 PM

(Boys) Northside vs. Cabot - 5:30 PM

(Girls) Van Buren vs. Southside - 7:00 PM

(Boys) Bryant vs. Heritage - 8:30 PM

AT

Original post has been updated to reflect dates and times for upcoming games.

Tomorrow's games in order:

(Girls) Bentonville vs. Bryant - 1:00 PM

(Boys) Har-Ber vs. Conway - 2:30 PM

(Girls) Northside vs. North Little Rock - 4:00 PM

(Boys) Bentonville vs. Springdale - 5:30 PM

(Girls) Conway vs. Har-Ber - 7:00 PM

(Boys) Van Buren vs. Northside - 8:30 PM

AT

Razorback Red

I don't understand the Monday schedule at all.  Not sure what the AAA was thinking starting the games at 12:30 when there's only 4 total games.  I guess for travel purposes, but this will kill the gate on Mon afternoon.  2, 3:30, 5 and 6:30 would have been a much better choice. 

AT

Quote from: Razorback Red on March 07, 2015, 09:19:36 pm
I don't understand the Monday schedule at all.  Not sure what the AAA was thinking starting the games at 12:30 when there's only 4 total games.  I guess for travel purposes, but this will kill the gate on Mon afternoon.  2, 3:30, 5 and 6:30 would have been a much better choice.

Add that to the fact that since we are losing an hour tonight, the later, the better.

Razorback Red

The Bentonville vs NS/VB game is scheduled for 2pm.  If this game were 2 to 3 hours later, the gym would be sold out again.  Gonna be hard for a lot of folks to get there at that time. 

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback Red on March 07, 2015, 09:27:52 pm
The Bentonville vs NS/VB game is scheduled for 2pm.  If this game were 2 to 3 hours later, the gym would be sold out again.  Gonna be hard for a lot of folks to get there at that time.

There will be a lot of late lunches at Wally World........

Razorback Red

I will prob be in that late lunch crowd myself.  Good call!

Rulesman

March 07, 2015, 09:33:40 pm #23 Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:35:54 pm by Rulesman
So it isn't "all about the money" as some claim?

Seriously, these would normally be the Saturday games which are traditionally played at about those same times. Given that the finalists would normally be in NLR on Monday for a meeting, getting the games over earlier to allow everyone to get home at a decent hour makes sense. I would guess that meeting is scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday. Not a lot of wiggle room left with the finals starting on Thursday.

Razorback Red

March 07, 2015, 09:38:26 pm #24 Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:40:03 pm by Razorback Red
Quote from: Rulesman on March 07, 2015, 09:33:40 pm
So it isn't "all about the money" as some claim?

Seriously, these would normally be the Saturday games which are traditionally played at about those same times. Given that the finalists would normally be in NLR on Monday for a meeting, getting the games over earlier to allow everyone to get home at a decent hour makes sense. I would guess that meeting is scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday. Not a lot of wiggle room left with the finals starting on Thursday.

Makes sense.  Then they should go a step further and switch the boys games around if NLR ends up in semi's, so they can play at 2pm and then get home.  All three teams on the top side are local and any combo in that game will pack the house, especially at 5pm.

ricepig

I suspect those classifications that finish on Monday will get the Thursday and early Friday games at Hot Springs, a lot like last year.

AT

I guess even the sports writers are going to bed. Kevin Taylor is the only one tweeting anything about Van Buren and Northside right now. There have been 4 or 5 tweeting all day.

AT

March 07, 2015, 11:25:47 pm #27 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:16:09 am by Almatrackster
Schedule for Sunday:

(Girls) - Fayetteville vs. Van Buren - 12:30 PM

(Boys) - Fayetteville vs. Heritage - 2:00 PM

(Girls) - LR Central vs. Bryant - 3:30 PM

(Boys) - North Little Rock vs. Har-Ber - 5:00 PM

jking7

Fayetteville girls play Van Buren not Har-Ber. Just a FYI

AT

Quote from: jking7 on March 08, 2015, 08:52:20 am
Fayetteville girls play Van Buren not Har-Ber. Just a FYI

Yeah I saw that before I got in the shower and was about to change it. Thanks!

AT

Who has the biggest chance of an upset today in 7A?

Van Buren's girls?

Heritage's boys?

Bryant's girls?

Har-Ber's boys?

WPWells

Burks

NLR4Eva

When will the finals for both Girls and Boys be held?

ricepig

Quote from: NLR4Eva on March 08, 2015, 01:49:52 pm
When will the finals for both Girls and Boys be held?

They'll announce the times on Wednesday, my guess, Thursday or Friday.

AT

Van Buren's run ends. Coach Bryant did a good job with the Lady Pointers this year. Took a team that was on like a 22 conference game winless streak and put them in the quarterfinals his first year with a very young team.

Burks

Lady Pointers about 2 years from a possible State Championship.

AT

Schedule for tomorrow:

(Girls) - North Little Rock vs. Conway - 12:30 PM

(Boys) - Bentonville vs. Van Buren - 2:00 PM

(Girls) - Fayetteville vs. LR Central - 3:30 PM

(Boys) - Fayetteville vs. North Little Rock - 5:00 PM

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas