• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA vs Highland Park

Started by Maynard G Krebs, August 31, 2015, 09:36:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Not that it matters, but it makes for interesting conversation:  I heard that Jerry Jones grandson (yes, of Jerry's World fame) is a backup QB on the HP team.

beach bum

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 31, 2015, 09:36:05 pm
Not that it matters, but it makes for interesting conversation:  I heard that Jerry Jones grandson (yes, of Jerry's World fame) is a backup QB on the HP team.

Back up?????? Jerry has enough money to get what ever he wants in life lol.

Maynard G Krebs

He is only a sophomore (I think)

mijally

Sounds like HP has as many connections as PA. This game should be called the Web Bowl.

PA Dad

Quote from: mijally on August 31, 2015, 10:02:02 pm
Sounds like HP has as many connections as PA. This game should be called the Web Bowl.

We'll all go have tea and scones after the game.

FD4

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: mijally on August 31, 2015, 10:02:02 pm
PA can't compete with HP in the money and connections categories.

Overdahill

September 01, 2015, 08:59:42 am #7 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:01:30 am by Overdahill
^^ you got that right; whole other league in that regard. But I do like our chances on the field  :)

mijally

Not with with state's football media. If they did they would be ranked #3 overall regardless of classification like PA is. Not 16th in their region.

Maynard G Krebs

At last years game, visitor attendance was impressive.  Watching the replay on Dallas TV, the commentators mentioned the turnout for PA was more than they expected.  There are several PA alums in the Dallas area, which helped.

Overdahill

Quote from: mijally on September 01, 2015, 09:46:50 am
Not with with state's football media. If they did they would be ranked #3 overall regardless of classification like PA is. Not 16th in their region.
[/quote

PA's results year in and year out justify the local media's optimism. Plus, in Arkansas there are only a handful of other teams to consider most years. Texas is a lot different

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 01, 2015, 09:59:50 am
At last years game, visitor attendance was impressive.  Watching the replay on Dallas TV, the commentators mentioned the turnout for PA was more than they expected.  There are several PA alums in the Dallas area, which helped.

Quite a few younger PA alums attending colleges in the metroplex as well

MDXPHD

PA should like their chances on the field. They are playing against a team ranked 16th in the 6A around the Dallas area, not even the top 25 in their full classification, picked to possibly win their weak conference, and not ranked in the top 200 in Texas overall, and coming off a 2 point victory against a team they beat by 40 last year. On top of that, PA uses a strategy that HP simply does not have to prepare for much because it would be a waste of time, since they won't see that again in Texas.  What is there not to like?

mijally

Quote from: Overdahill on September 01, 2015, 10:02:19 am
Quote from: mijally on September 01, 2015, 09:46:50 am
[/quote

PA's results year in and year out justify the local media's optimism. Plus, in Arkansas there are only a handful of other teams to consider most years. Texas is a lot different
I wouldn't call ranking the 1 time defending 5A champ who graduated their D1 ahead of the 2 time 7a champ who has their D1 QB returning as "media optimism". I think "media homerism" is a better description.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 01, 2015, 10:06:21 am
PA should like their chances on the field. They are playing against a team ranked 16th in the 6A around the Dallas area, not even the top 25 in their full classification, picked to possibly win their weak conference, and not ranked in the top 200 in Texas overall, and coming off a 2 point victory against a team they beat by 40 last year. On top of that, PA uses a strategy that HP simply does not have to prepare for much because it would be a waste of time, since they won't see that again in Texas.  What is there not to like?

As I've said before, I do like PA's chances.

But I find it ironic that many members of this board have complained that PA has the advantages of money, athletes, etc.  All of those arguments could be applied to HP.  And, if Batesville was playing HP, I think you might be singing a different tune.

Red Devil Alum

Bill Clinton was president the last time that HP lost at home.

PA Dad

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 01, 2015, 01:16:35 pm

The PA cheerleaders run through sign reads "pucker up, close your eyes, kiss your winning streak goodbye."

I sure hope they're right.

MDXPHD

They are! You know that PA is going to win the game. It was excellent scheduling by Kelley. The main thing is your kids have bought into it being a huge win because of the home win streak, even though HP is way down this year. Maybe gives them some momentum for the next week.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 02, 2015, 11:04:47 pm
They are! You know that PA is going to win the game. It was excellent scheduling by Kelley. The main thing is your kids have bought into it being a huge win because of the home win streak, even though HP is way down this year. Maybe gives them some momentum for the next week.

I'll take any win even if it's over a weak 6A Texas team.  And I'd love to have some momentum going into the Wynne game.  We need all the help we can get.

Intelligentsia

HP by 7 - home win streaks end, but not easily. 

PA Dad

Rivalshog

Quote from: PA Dad on September 02, 2015, 10:25:49 pm

The PA cheerleaders run through sign reads "pucker up, close your eyes, kiss your winning streak goodbye."

If true that is ridiculous.  I hope PA gets destroyed

PA Dad

Quote from: Rivalshog on September 03, 2015, 10:04:30 am

You may be taking things a little too seriously!

#1jacketfan

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2015, 10:15:14 am

Its always fun when there's a lot of momentum behind the game...fun for the kids and the fans.....I hope the Arkansas team beats the Texas team!

PA Dad

Quote from: #1jacketfan on September 03, 2015, 10:18:41 am

Its always fun when there's a lot of momentum behind the game...fun for the kids and the fans.....I hope the Arkansas team beats the Texas team!

We appreciate the support.

A loss by PA probably won't make any difference in the Wynne v. PA game, but it would be nice if both teams are undefeated for that game.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2015, 10:21:07 am
Quote from: #1jacketfan on September 03, 2015, 10:18:41 am

We appreciate the support.

A loss by PA probably won't make any difference in the Wynne v. PA game, but it would be nice if both teams are undefeated for that game.
Yes I agree....It will make it more exciting for sure.....I just hope the game is close either way.....It will be fun...and I'm expecting a packed house!

Complete Biased PoV

I've been seeing you blabber mouth on here for the past two weeks about how bad HP is this year.  Did you go watch them last Saturday against Centennial?  If not, maybe you need to lay off of MaxPreps for a little while.  From everything I have heard they pretty much look like the same team.  Is HP beatable, of course, they were last year.  Are they more beatable this year, maybe a little.  However, a team that establishes a 15 year home winning streak has obviously gone through some down years and still maintained the streak.  PA had no clue about the streak until the game last year. It seems to me with as much research as you have done on HP, we may have a closet PA fan on our hands.  Can you give me an assessment of our week 4 opponent from Jennings, MO?

MDXPHD

September 03, 2015, 08:01:02 pm #27 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:17:27 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 03, 2015, 06:52:45 pm

I've been seeing you blabber mouth on here for the past two weeks about how bad HP is this year.  Did you go watch them last Saturday against Centennial?  If not, maybe you need to lay off of MaxPreps for a little while.  From everything I have heard they pretty much look like the same team.  Is HP beatable, of course, they were last year.  Are they more beatable this year, maybe a little.  However, a team that establishes a 15 year home winning streak has obviously gone through some down years and still maintained the streak.  PA had no clue about the streak until the game last year. It seems to me with as much research as you have done on HP, we may have a closet PA fan on our hands.  Can you give me an assessment of our week 4 opponent from Jennings, MO?

Give me a week or so and I'll try to have some information about them for you.

Something interesting about the home win streak is how Texas does high school playoff football games.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 03, 2015, 08:01:02 pm

Something interesting about the home win streak is how Texas does high school playoff football games. If you don't know, you should read about it.

I have agreed that HP is probably down this year because they have only three returning starters.  But, HP has won 84 games in a row at home.  That is an amazing statistic.  They have had down years in the past ten years and still maintained that streak.  So they obviously have a huge advantage at home.

They never lack for talent.  They have had numerous players go D-1 and have a qb in the NFL.  Regardless of what MDX thinks, a win would be a great accomplishment.

Intelligentsia

Come on guys, are you seriously biting on MDX... bait :).  I can just imagine his big grin every time you respond.  I thought it was funny for a while, but now it's just embarrassing.   

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 03, 2015, 08:31:19 pm
Come on guys, are you seriously biting on MDX... bait :).  I can just imagine his big grin every time you respond.  I thought it was funny for a while, but now it's just embarrassing.

I don't think so.  If you go back and read all his posts, I don't think there's any doubt that he thinks a win over HP would be unimpressive.

I think that is greatly influenced by his dislike of PA.

PA Dad

By the way, Intelligentsia, what do you think about a win over HP?  I haven't seen your comments on it.

MDXPHD

You don't have to cast very far at all and you get a bite every time! PA is not only the prime place in central Arkansas for football, but it is for fishing too.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 03, 2015, 08:43:16 pm

You don't have to cast very far at all and you get a bite every time! PA is not only the prime place in central Arkansas for football, but it is for fishing too.

Well, if you in fact have been reeling us in you have done a great job.  I fell for it hook, line and sinker!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2015, 08:38:21 pm
By the way, Intelligentsia, what do you think about a win over HP?  I haven't seen your comments on it.

I posted earlier, HP by 10, or maybe I said 7.  Anyway, home streaks end, but not easily.  I looked at HP a lot last year and commented that they were likely the same as our better 6-A teams and likely the same as the lesser 7-A Springdale.  If they are not as good as last year, it could go to P.A., but that's if P.A. is as good.  The P.A. style won't be a surprise this year and, again, the home streak has a life of its own.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 03, 2015, 08:45:27 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2015, 08:38:21 pm

I posted earlier, HP by 10, or maybe I said 7.  Anyway, home streaks end, but not easily.  I looked at HP a lot last year and commented that they were likely the same as our better 6-A teams and likely the same as the lesser 7-A Springdale.  If they are not as good as last year, it could go to P.A., but that's if P.A. is as good.  The P.A. style won't be a surprise this year and, again, the home streak has a life of its own.

Fair enough.  I agree with you that the streak has a life of its own.  But, I still think PA will break it. 

Tomorrow night can't come fast enough.

PA Dad

MDX if in fact you were reeling us in, I'm curious about your real opinion.  You have a sharp tongue but your picks are usually thoughtful.  Who do you think will win?

PA Dad

September 03, 2015, 09:09:23 pm #37 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:16:53 pm by PA Dad

Something interesting about the home win streak is how Texas does high school playoff football games.

I'll be interested in your research on Jennings.  I haven't looked at them at all so I know nothing about them.

mijally

You fish Lake Maumelle too. Lol. For largemouths.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2015, 08:56:42 pm
MDX if in fact you were reeling us in, I'm curious about your real opinion.  You have a sharp tongue but your picks are usually thoughtful.  Who do you think will win?

It's not the veracity of his pick, it's his comment options regardless of the outcome. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 03, 2015, 09:26:38 pm

It's not the veracity of his pick, it's his comment options regardless of the outcome.

Huh?

Intelligentsia

Just a side note, PADad, the Jr. High Pioneers just extended their win streak to 23 games, defeating Jonesboro Anne Camp on the road, 21-0.  That's not a home streak, that's a win streak.  Bodes well for the Pioneer's future.  I heard they had to add to the Pioneer dressing room with 80+ on the High School team.  I think the Jr. High has at least that many in just grades 8&9 and around 60 on the 7th grade team!!   Winning does increase interest:)

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 03, 2015, 09:37:46 pm
Just a side note, PADad, the Jr. High Pioneers just extended their win streak to 23 games, defeating Jonesboro Anne Camp on the road, 21-0.  That's not a home streak, that's a win streak.  Bodes well for the Pioneer's future.  I heard they had to add to the Pioneer dressing room with 80+ on the High School team.  I think the Jr. High has at least that many in just grades 8&9 and around 60 on the 7th grade team!!   Winning does increase interest:)

I'd say that bodes well for Batesville's future.    I'm glad to hear it .   I look forward to many good games in the future with Batesville and Wynne.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on September 03, 2015, 09:20:51 pm

Haha, I did fish there last Fall for sure. Caught a couple.

PA.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 03, 2015, 09:46:00 pm
Quote from: mijally on September 03, 2015, 09:20:51 pm

Haha, I did fish there last Fall for sure. Caught a couple.

PA.

Thanks.  It will be interesting to seei if you or Intelligentsia is right.

Complete Biased PoV

Current PA sophomores are 74-0 as a class, dating back to 4th grade football.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2015, 08:19:10 pm

Something interesting about the home win streak is how Texas does high school playoff football games. If you don't know, you should read about it.

I have agreed that HP is probably down this year because they have only three returning starters.  But, HP has won 84 games in a row at home.  That is an amazing statistic.  They have had down years in the past ten years and still maintained that streak.  So they obviously have a huge advantage at home.

They never lack for talent.  They have had numerous players go D-1 and have a qb in the NFL.  Regardless of what MDX thinks, a win would be a great accomplishment.

They only have 3 returning starters because their varsity team is jr and sr only, and jr's play a full 10 game schedule as well.  So if a jr is starting, they deserve to be starting.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 03, 2015, 09:48:54 pm
Current PA sophomores are 74-0 as a class, dating back to 4th grade football.

12 games per year is pretty impressive. I'm not talking about just winning, I'm talking about any 4-6 grades playing 12 games per year.

MDXPHD

They never lack for talent.  They have had numerous players go D-1

Can't tell if you're talking about PA or HP.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 03, 2015, 09:54:28 pm

They never lack for talent.  They have had numerous players go D-1

Can't tell if you're talking about PA or HP.

Both!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas