• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Democrat-Gazette Super Six 5A

Started by mijally, August 30, 2015, 07:28:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mijally

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Camden Fairview
4. LR Christian
5. Beebe
6. Hot Springs

WPWells

MDXPHD

mijally

They had Jamar Dixon from Wynne on the 4A watch list so maybe they don't know that Wynne is 5A. People in central Arkansas know how it is with the media here.

PA Dad

August 30, 2015, 08:06:58 pm #4 Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:18:55 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 30, 2015, 07:42:49 pm
Surprised Wynne isn't in there

I agree.  Hootens didn't have Wynne in the top six either.  Makes no sense.

Complete Biased PoV

I'm not really understanding all of the love for LRCA this year.... Guess we'll see Friday night.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Based on what reports from teams camps and scrimmages, I think LRCA and Morrilton will both be contenders this year.  And I know that my coaching buddies at those two schools are just loving that I just said that. No pressure.

I, too, am surprised that Wynne is not on there, but also that Camden is so high.  As for Maumelle, I think they will struggle early as they lost a lot of really good players and have a new head coach and new offensive coordinator.  I think they will be fine, but I think the Hornets, Goblins, and Panthers (Blue) will be battling for those 3/4 spots in the west.

Go Gobs and Go Bruins

Intelligentsia

They may be super surprised a few games into the season:).

PA Dad

Quote from: mijally on August 30, 2015, 07:28:22 pm
1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Camden Fairview
4. LR Christian
5. Beebe
6. Hot Springs

Two teams from Central, two from the South, and only one from the East?  I thought the East claims to be the best conference?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on August 30, 2015, 10:55:54 pm
1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Camden Fairview
4. LR Christian
5. Beebe
6. Hot Springs

Two teams from Central, two from the South, and only one from the East?  I thought the East claims to be the best conference?

Central Arkansas media biased much - I think yes.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on August 30, 2015, 11:05:27 pm
1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Camden Fairview
4. LR Christian
5. Beebe
6. Hot Springs

I know you know that was tongue in cheek.  I think Wynne should be in the top three.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on August 30, 2015, 11:08:27 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on August 30, 2015, 11:05:27 pm
1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Camden Fairview
4. LR Christian
5. Beebe
6. Hot Springs

I know you know that was tongue in cheek.  I think Wynne should be in the top three.

Yes, I knew.  I just wanted to construct a reply with an unusual sentence structure.  I actually should have used a semi-colon instead of the hyphen :-\

Grond

We know you two know that you know. I think.  ::)

A bit surprised by Beebe being in the list. When they were in the 5A East, it seemed they would run a relatively unsophisticated, but powerful, offense: student-body left, student-body right, crunch. Have they changed? :-\

Beebe is a good school, with a good football program. But are they really one of the Top 6 teams?

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on September 02, 2015, 11:30:57 am
We know you two know that you know. I think.  ::)

A bit surprised by Beebe being in the list. When they were in the 5A East, it seemed they would run a relatively unsophisticated, but powerful, offense: student-body left, student-body right, crunch. Have they changed? :-\

Beebe is a good school, with a good football program. But are they really one of the Top 6 teams?

Frankly, I'm not sure.  They run the ball very well on offense and I think they will score well against most teams.  I don't think they had a real test on defense last night.  If the defense holds up, I think they can be a contender.

mijally

Week 2

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Little Rock Christian
4. Beebe
5. Hot Springs
6. Maumelle

WPWells

AirWarren

mijally

Dardanelle Robinson Hamburg Nashville Malvern Shiloh in that order

gatecrasher

Maumelle is gonna get rolled up by Monroe Neville on Saturday night in Shreveport. 

GuvHog

After last Friday's Batesville/WC game, there's no doubt in my mind that WC belongs in the top 6 too.

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on September 06, 2015, 04:51:00 pm
After last Friday's Batesville/WC game, there's no doubt in my mind that WC belongs in the top 6 too.

You have been thinking that for the last 4 years

mijally

If they hang within 10 of Pine Bluff I'll put them there in my poll next week.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 06, 2015, 05:08:51 pm

You have been thinking that for the last 4 years

No, they were really young last season with a QB who could run but didn't pass well at all (he's a WR this year). Neither is the case this year. This May be (and I stress the word may) the best team WC has had since dropping to 5A. Don't believe me?? Ask the Batesville people.

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on September 07, 2014, 01:53:46 pm
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Greenbrier
5. Camden Fairview
6. Watson Chapel
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Morrilton
9. White Hall
10. Harrison

This was your post almost exactly a year ago...

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on September 15, 2013, 04:03:01 pm
Here's Mine:

1. Camden Fairview
2. Batesville
3. Pulaski Academy
4. Watson Chapel
5. White Hall
6. Morrilton
7. Mills
8. Wynne
9. Alma
10. Greenbrier

Or how about two years ago Guvhog? Its the same spill from you every year and WC starts out 0-3 and cant win more than 6 total games

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 06, 2015, 05:57:10 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on September 15, 2013, 04:03:01 pm
Here's Mine:

1. Camden Fairview
2. Batesville
3. Pulaski Academy
4. Watson Chapel
5. White Hall
6. Morrilton
7. Mills
8. Wynne
9. Alma
10. Greenbrier

Or how about two years ago Guvhog? Its the same spill from you every year and WC starts out 0-3 and cant win more than 6 total games

It's not surprising that they went 0-3 in non-conference play last season, they had the most difficult non-conference schedule in the state (they went 1-2 two years ago). I have them going 1-2 in non-conference play this year.

PA Dad

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 06, 2015, 03:27:19 pm
Maumelle is gonna get rolled up by Monroe Neville on Saturday night in Shreveport.

I know nothing about Neville but I predict that Maumelle competes well with them.

incogneto

I think Maumelle will be good.  I will be shocked if Maumelle competes with Neville. 

mijally

Neville is highly ranked again this year and expected to repeat for the 4A title. They have the #7 recruit on the ESPN 300.  We have our hands full.

PA Dad

Quote from: mijally on September 06, 2015, 08:45:07 pm
Neville is highly ranked again this year and expected to repeat for the 4A title. They have the #7 recruit on the ESPN 300.  We have our hands full.

I just looked them up on MaxPreps.  They are ranked number 6 in LA and number 172 nationally.  I probably should look at the teams before I shoot my mouth off.  Maumelle obviously has a hard row to hoe.  I wish them luck.

Overdahill

Quote from: mijally on September 06, 2015, 08:45:07 pm

Good luck to the Hornets; if they show up and play well and compete it will say a lot about the progress they have made in recent years

mijally

Thanks. We are going to need it. Good to see our coach scheduling games like this. It will make us better in the long run.

Intelligentsia

This was certainly a better WC team than the Pioneers played last year.  Like last year, however, they made a lot of mistakes.  The Pioneers made a lot also, making last minute comeback necessary.  The first and most important thing for WC is to clean up the snap problem.  High snaps, low snaps, a snap when the QB didn't call for the snap, and several poor exchanges.  Simple but critical fix.

GuvHog

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 06, 2015, 09:46:02 pm
This was certainly a better WC team than the Pioneers played last year.  Like last year, however, they made a lot of mistakes.  The Pioneers made a lot also, making last minute comeback necessary.  The first and most important thing for WC is to clean up the snap problem.  High snaps, low snaps, a snap when the QB didn't call for the snap, and several poor exchanges.  Simple but critical fix.

I believe we can chalk up mistakes on both sides to first game jitters.

mijally

Week 3

1. PA           
2. LRCA     
3. Sylvan Hills
4. Hot Springs
5. Maumelle
6. Batesville

Marblehog

SHHSFAN

Sylvan Hills was supposed to be down this year.  Wrong!  This team is not only underrated, it is considerably better than any in recent years.  This team could be the biggest surprise of the year barring injury to a few key players.  They are really, really good. 

PA Dad

Quote from: SHHSFAN on September 15, 2015, 05:55:44 pm
Sylvan Hills was supposed to be down this year.  Wrong!  This team is not only underrated, it is considerably better than any in recent years.  This team could be the biggest surprise of the year barring injury to a few key players.  They are really, really good.

They are ranked third and you think they are underrated?  Do you think they should be number 1?

I'm impressed with the SH offense but they have to find a defense to convince me that they are a contender.

SHHSFAN

Quote from: PA Dad on September 15, 2015, 08:03:38 pm

They are ranked third and you think they are underrated?  Do you think they should be number 1?

I'm impressed with the SH offense but they have to find a defense to convince me that they are a contender.
I'm referring to the poll on Hooten's.  I think they have us ranked 13th.  I didn't know that the AD-G had us at third. Sorry for the oversight and thanks for the correction. 

PA Dad

Quote from: SHHSFAN on September 15, 2015, 10:02:39 pm

I'm referring to the poll on Hooten's.  I think they have us ranked 13th.  I didn't know that the AD-G had us at third. Sorry for the oversight and thanks for the correction.

I agree that 13th is way to low.

What's the deal with the SH defense?  It looks like you guys can score at will but so can your opponent.

SHHSFAN

Quote from: PA Dad on September 15, 2015, 10:05:39 pm

What's the deal with the SH defense?  It looks like you guys can score at will but so can your opponent.
Well, for one, our defense consists of a group of kids that have been waiting for two years to see the field.  There is talent there, but not experience.  Our schedule will work to our favor and allow these kids to gain experience.  They played really well against Vilonia, but struggled to stop Lakeside.  A lot of that was due to our offense scoring so quickly, and Lakeside actually driving the length of the field for their scores.  Our guys were completely worn out. Plus, Lakeside is a scrappy team that lives and dies by running the ball. Overall, I think our defense is better than it appears on paper.  We will see, though!   

PA Dad

Quote from: SHHSFAN on September 15, 2015, 10:23:29 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on September 15, 2015, 10:05:39 pm

Well, for one, our defense consists of a group of kids that have been waiting for two years to see the field.  There is talent there, but not experience.  Our schedule will work to our favor and allow these kids to gain experience.  They played really well against Vilonia, but struggled to stop Lakeside.  A lot of that was due to our offense scoring so quickly, and Lakeside actually driving the length of the field for their scores.  Our guys were completely worn out. Plus, Lakeside is a scrappy team that lives and dies by running the ball. Overall, I think our defense is better than it appears on paper.  We will see, though!   

I'll be interested to watch SH develope.  If, indeed, you can come up with a good defense you may go deep in the playoffs.

Marblehog

You give up 54 to lakeside you shouldn't be ranked too high

#1jacketfan

Quote from: mijally on August 30, 2015, 08:04:02 pm
They had Jamar Dixon from Wynne on the 4A watch list so maybe they don't know that Wynne is 5A. People in central Arkansas know how it is with the media here.
And he hasn't even played a down this season.

mijally

Why is that?  I thought he ran hard against us in the playoffs last year.

TROJANS18

Quote from: Marblehog on September 15, 2015, 01:56:40 pm
Hot springs LOL
whats wrong with hot springs. All we do is our jobs and win. Dont matter how many points or what opponent it is...we go out there and bust our tails off. Hot Springs deserves to be in the top six

#1jacketfan

Quote from: mijally on September 16, 2015, 02:04:31 pm
Why is that?  I thought he ran hard against us in the playoffs last year.
He got suspended right after the scrimmage game....he has returned to practice this week...I know he wont start this week....he may get some PT but it wont be much!

mijally

September 20, 2015, 02:05:35 pm #47 Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:21:16 pm by mijally
Week 4

1. Pulaski Academy
2. LRCA
3. Sylvan Hills
4. Hot Springs
5. Hope
6. Maumelle

FYI. I'm just laying it down like I see it in the paper.

AT

hawgfan15

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 20, 2015, 02:16:02 pm
They put Maumelle at 6? Strange.

Very strange. They have Hope right though. The Bobcats will compete for the 5A south title.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas