• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA v. Wynne

Started by PA Dad, August 28, 2015, 08:40:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I know it may be a little early to open this thread but I'm doing it anyway.

This is the biggest early season game in 5A.  At this early stage the teams appear to be evenly matched.

What's your prediction?  How do you think the teams matchup?

This year it looks like Wynne's running game versus PA's passing game.  PA's weakest part of its defense may be the straight ahead run which plays to Wynne's strength.  I haven't seen much about Wynne's pass defense.

It should be another great game as it usually is when these teams meet.

tmycjy

Hey PA dad let worrie about Wynne VS Marion and P.A. VS Dallas highland park ok then we can do this thread ok

PA Dad

Quote from: tmycjy on August 28, 2015, 10:01:14 pm
Hey PA dad let worrie about Wynne VS Marion and P.A. VS Dallas highland park ok then we can do this thread ok

That's fine.  I know I started this early.

FD4

Well, from the fans perspective, it is going to be one of the bench mark games of the season for both teams.  While I feel it is important to get the first game out of the way, it is still a non district game, one which you can afford to do things differently.  Sure, everyone likes to run the table, but face it, that is really hard to do year end and out.  I am looking forward to this match up.

Grond

August 31, 2015, 12:14:43 pm #4 Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:42:24 pm by Grond
Since both schools lost outstanding QB's, and have faced each recently, it will be very interesting to see what tactics the coaches at both schools use.

I can't make it to the game, but I thinks these are the "What to Watch for" items:

WYNNE
W1) Will Wynne commit to more of a running game? In other words, will they actually try 3 running plays in a row? Because I think the Wynne o-line will have a size advantage over the PA d-line. >:(

W2) On defense, will Wynne go back to the 4-man d-line? Work to stop the run and put pressure on the PA QB, gambling that PA will struggle with the medium and long passing game? ::)

PULASKI ACADEMY
P1) Are you capable of having a consistent passing game? ???

P2) Are we going to see an "option" running game? Circa SMU, 1981? All this talk of 'laterals'.....  ::)

P3) How well can the PA defense hold up? I think it will be a lot of different looks, a lot of player rotations, and maybe quite a bit of gambling (shocking, really, for a Good Christian School*).  :o

*NOTE: Ok, PA is not affiliated with any church. Just taking literary license. sorry......

FD4

Grond, a scrimmage or benefit game is just another practice in a game setting I realize, but, as for running the ball from Wynne, we tossed one pass against Searcy for a TD.  The rest was on the ground.  Our #2 D held Searcy on a first and goal at the Wynne 1.  Took over on downs at about the Wynne 5.  48/14 Wynne,  Just sayin.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Grond on August 31, 2015, 12:14:43 pm
Since both schools lost outstanding QB's, and have faced each recently, it will be very interesting to see what tactics the coaches at both schools use.

I can't make it to the game, but I thinks these are the "What to Watch for" items:

WYNNE
W1) Will Wynne commit to more of a running game? In other words, will they actually try 3 running plays in a row? Because I think the Wynne o-line will have a size advantage over the PA d-line. >:(

W2) On defense, will Wynne go back to the 4-man d-line? Work to stop the run and put pressure on the PA QB, gambling that PA will struggle with the medium and long passing game? ::)

PULASKI ACADEMY

P2) Are we going to see an "option" running game? Circa SMU, 1981? All this talk of 'laterals'.....  ::)

P3) How well can the PA defense hold up? I think it will be a lot of different looks, a lot of player rotations, and maybe quite a bit of gambling (shocking, really, for a Good Christian School*).  :o

*NOTE: Ok, PA is not affiliated with any church. Just taking literary license. sorry......
The ONLY thing I know for sure is that as long as Coach Kelley is at PA they will have a good passing game.

PA Dad

August 31, 2015, 01:42:49 pm #7 Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:56:46 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: Grond on August 31, 2015, 12:14:43 pm

WYNNE

PULASKI ACADEMY

I understand the Wynne is committed to the running game this year.  And PA is undersized on the defensive line.  In its first possession Bryant ran the ball down the field on PA and scored.  PA adjusted and crowded the line and shut down the running game.  Bryant was not able to pass effectively.

While PA wasn't as polished in the passing game as I would like, the qb is farther along than I thought he would be.  I think PA will have a fairly good passing game.

I don't think you will see PA running an option game.  Any option will come down the field after a pass reception.

The PA defense looked good against Bryant.  But, I wasn't impressed with Bryant's running game.  I suspect Wynne will provide a much more difficult test, especially with the running game.  And, yes, you will see some gambling from PA's defense.

Lions84

FD4

Not going to hate on PA in this comment, the Bruins and Coach Kelley are a good team to play and beat if you can, but, I did see this morning that PA only has something like 259 students in the school.  I sort of wonder, how do you get that much talent with an enrollment like that?

Grond

Quote from: FD4 on September 04, 2015, 12:34:01 pm
Not going to hate on PA in this comment, the Bruins and Coach Kelley are a good team to play and beat if you can, but, I did see this morning that PA only has something like 259 students in the school.  I sort of wonder, how do you get that much talent with an enrollment like that?
Did you see the "Pulaski Academy" thread by PA Dad? We kind of beat this to death..... :P

FD4

Grond, I did, but this morning the Chief and I here at the Firehouse were looking up some information on a couple schools and he noticed the enrollment at PA.  Sort of blew my mind.  I think we have about 1600 or so in our system here could be like 1200 not too sure but anyway, that seems to me those kind of numbers just dont add up right.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: FD4 on September 04, 2015, 03:47:22 pm
Grond, I did, but this morning the Chief and I here at the Firehouse were looking up some information on a couple schools and he noticed the enrollment at PA.  Sort of blew my mind.  I think we have about 1600 or so in our system here could be like 1200 not too sure but anyway, that seems to me those kind of numbers just dont add up right.

I think that enrollment is just 10-12...

kwwolves2012

Wynne is gonna get punished..

justalionfan

PA is going to mercy rule wynne.

MDXPHD

Good luck PA! I know you will need it against this power house.

Razorback Red

Game is at Wynne and they will be hungry for a win.  I think it's close until half, and then PA pulls away.  I'll go with PA by 17. 

BigLion10

PA by as much as Kelly allows them it won't be close

PA Dad

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 04, 2015, 11:08:16 pm

My biggest fear about the Wynne game is that the PA players buy into this.  If they do, they're in for a long night.  I still think Wynne is a dangerous team and if PA takes them lightly PA could lose this game.

Complete Biased PoV

Ok, after reading some of the posts...I take it what I saw on the scoreboard was not a mistake.  Did Marion make a drastic improvement from last year? Did Wynne let their guard down because they were playing Marion? Or did Wynne just have a bad night?  I have to feel like Wynne was still the better team in that game. 

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on September 05, 2015, 01:42:28 am

My biggest fear about the Wynne game is that the PA players buy into this.  If they do, they're in for a long night.  I still think Wynne is a dangerous team and if PA takes them lightly PA could lose this game.

Based on last night's performances, you have little/nothing to fear.  It appears from the posts of some of the Wynne faithful that it will be the end of the season before they could give PA any trouble, at all.  The sportsmanship clock will beginning running after the first kickoff of the second half.

tmycjy

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 05, 2015, 05:57:07 am

Based on last night's performances, you have little/nothing to fear.  It appears from the posts of some of the Wynne faithful that it will be the end of the season before they could give PA any trouble, at all.  The sportsmanship clock will beginning running after the first kickoff of the second half.

I hate to say this if we play the way we played last night with p.a. U will smoke us but we beat are self in spots we also had the ref not calling it fair not

ricefarmer

Quote from: tmycjy on September 05, 2015, 06:24:27 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 05, 2015, 05:57:07 am

I hate to say this if we play the way we played last night with p.a. U will smoke us but we beat are self in spots we also had the ref not calling it fair not
Hopefully, the refs will keep this game close then!

Complete Biased PoV

Hahaha Ricefarmer.  No amount of Arkansas home-cooking can come close to what PA put up with in Dallas last night.  15 penalties for around 132 yards on PA, 5 for 26 yards on Highland Park, 2 of those were delay of game penalties.

The_Pioneer

I predict a lot of gnashing of teeth coming from the Delta.

GuvHog

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 05, 2015, 07:19:29 am
Hahaha Ricefarmer.  No amount of Arkansas home-cooking can come close to what PA put up with in Dallas last night.  15 penalties for around 132 yards on PA, 5 for 26 yards on Highland Park, 2 of those were delay of game penalties.

Officials are still a little rusty in the first couple of games so missed calls will happen more frequently. That was the case at Batesville last night too.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: GuvHog on September 06, 2015, 05:31:12 pm
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 05, 2015, 07:19:29 am

Officials are still a little rusty in the first couple of games so missed calls will happen more frequently. That was the case at Batesville last night too.

No, what happened in Texas was not "rusty".  There are people from Texas who commented on the Dallas Morning News article saying the "officiating was embarrassingly biased".

ricefarmer

I'm hoping this game isn't a blowout.  big class reunion going on this wknd!

PA Dad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 05, 2015, 11:34:23 am
I predict a lot of gnashing of teeth coming from the Delta.

I don't think Wynne can be discounted because of one loss.  Most folks had Wynne in the top 3 in 5A.  I expect a competitive game.

Maynard G Krebs

I also expect a competitive game.  Wynne is going to be motivated by the last meeting of the teams and the sting of this week's lost.  I think they are hungry.

Speaking of hungry, I am open to pregame meal suggestions from the locals.

olemissjacket99

Clock will be running in this game. 

Intelligentsia

I hope you guys are right, but I don't think so.  Competitive later in the season, possibly, but not Friday night.

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 06, 2015, 09:46:21 pm
I also expect a competitive game.  Wynne is going to be motivated by the last meeting of the teams and the sting of this week's lost.  I think they are hungry.

I second the request for suggestions for a good place to eat in Wynne or Forrest City.  Anything but Asian.

By the way, get ready for PA fans.  They will show up in large numbers.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Dad on September 06, 2015, 09:55:26 pm

I second the request for suggestions for a good place to eat in Wynne or Forrest City.  Anything but Asian.

I don't think there is many Asian food options in the area 😏

olemissjacket99

I don't recommend anything in FC.  Maybe Kelly's in Wynne.  Everything else is just ok in Wynne. 

PA Dad

Quote from: olemissjacket99 on September 06, 2015, 10:03:30 pm

I don't recommend anything in FC.  Maybe Kelly's in Wynne.  Everything else is just ok in Wynne.

Great.  Where is Kelly's(as in Coach Kelley!) and what kind of food?

Intelligentsia

Wyatt's has a pretty buffet on Friday evening, located on the northwest part of town, headed toward Balk Knob.

WPWells

Just go on to Bald Knob and go to Who Dat's

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 06, 2015, 10:09:40 pm

Wyatt's has a pretty buffet on Friday evening, located on the northwest part of town, headed toward Balk Knob.

Thanks.

Balk Knob?  Is that really a town?  I know we have some great names for towns but that's a new one for me.

Maynard G Krebs

^^typo.  It is Bald Knob.  Home of the best strawberries in Arkansas and once the home to a series  of great outdoor rock concerts.

tmycjy

Quote from: PA Dad on September 06, 2015, 10:14:13 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 06, 2015, 10:09:40 pm

Thanks.

Balk Knob?  Is that really a town?  I know we have some great names for towns but that's a new one for me.

Yep that a name for that town bald knob

Here are some other name of town and community

Colt
Parkin
Bono
Caldwell

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 06, 2015, 10:19:46 pm
^^typo.  It is Bald Knob.  Home of the best strawberries in Arkansas and once the home to a series  of great outdoor rock concerts.

I was yanking his chain.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Dad on September 06, 2015, 10:22:16 pm
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 06, 2015, 10:19:46 pm

I was yanking his chain.
Heard it was a short one 😄

MDXPHD

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 06, 2015, 10:13:51 pm
Just go on to Bald Knob and go to Who Dat's

Hopefully you won't get awful service that people have been experiencing lately. It's good food though

Intelligentsia

If your I'm a hurry going through Bald Knob, call ahead to the Bulldog Cafe when passing through Searcy and they will have a very good cheeseburger ready for you.  If you really need some calories, order the fries - they are breaded and deep fried.  Not enough, top it off with a strawberry shortcake - the best I've ever eaten.  Get it with extra shortcake and nuts!!  If you get the strawberry shortcake, skip the fries and order a single meat hamburger; the strawberry shortcake is huge!! I keep the number in my contacts - 501-724-5195.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 06, 2015, 10:58:52 pm
If your I'm a hurry going through Bald Knob, call ahead to the Bulldog Cafe when passing through Searcy and they will have a very good cheeseburger ready for you.  If you really need some calories, order the fries - they are breaded and deep fried.  Not enough, top it off with a strawberry shortcake - the best I've ever eaten.  Get it with extra shortcake and nuts!!  If you get the strawberry shortcake, skip the fries and order a single meat hamburger; the strawberry shortcake is huge!! I keep the number in my contacts - 501-724-5195.

That sounds wonderful but Bald Knob is 50 miles from Wynne.  That's a little out of my way for the game Friday.

brown2010

MDXPHD

September 07, 2015, 09:14:03 am #47 Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:16:04 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: PA Dad on September 06, 2015, 11:04:26 pm

That sounds wonderful but Bald Knob is 50 miles from Wynne.  That's a little out of my way for the game Friday.

What route do you take? I just assumed you would head down the interstate and turn off at Bald Knob, but I'm not sure the quickest way from LR. I guess you could go toward FC and then go, but you would only save a few minutes.  Plus, everyone needs to make a stop in a town called Bald Knob once in their lifetime.

mijally

The milkshakes at the Bulldog are fantastic.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 07, 2015, 09:14:03 am
Quote from: PA Dad on September 06, 2015, 11:04:26 pm

What route do you take? I just assumed you would head down the interstate and turn off at Bald Knob, but I'm not sure the quickest way from LR. I guess you could go toward FC and then go, but you would only save a few minutes.  Plus, everyone needs to make a stop in a town called Bald Knob once in their lifetime.

I go I-30 to FC, but I might go through Bald Knob after reading these glowing reviews!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas