• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East Conference changes for non-football sports.......merge with 6A

Started by Grond, August 23, 2015, 07:33:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grond

Very interesting article in the Paragould Daily Press (local paper). And it goes something like this......

AAA announces new conference alignments for 2016-2018.

Sports affected are: basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, and volleyball. NOT FOOTBALL (at this time). [I know this is football board, but I figure it will eventually affect football.]

The new 6A/5A conference will include: Jonesboro, Blytheville, Forrest City, Greene County Tech, Marion, Nettleton, Paragould, West Memphis, Wynne, and Valley View.

The article does NOT say what happens to Batesville.

So, anyone else heard about this?

Overdahill

Only heard for the Central; thankfully we didn't pick up Batesville there  ;)

tmycjy

hey I know what happen to Batesville will be in coffrent where they will have Batesville, beebe, greenbrier, Morrilton, Mountain home, Searcy,Vilonia

Grond

Saw headline on Home page of FF, but could not get to any article. I have not checked AAA website.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: tmycjy on August 23, 2015, 08:05:18 pm
hey I know what happen to Batesville will be in coffrent where they will have Batesville, beebe, greenbrier, Morrilton, Mountain home, Searcy,Vilonia

I could go for that. 

Go Postal

Here is what I saw in the local paper in Harrison.
Conferences were assigned to schools in April and those conferences will determine who will proceed to postseason play.  However, in theory, the new districts will provide each school a league to play in that will eliminate travel and student absences.  The sport of Football is exempted from the new leagues as is all sports in class 7A.  The only team sports involved in this move are baseball, basketball, softball, soccer and volleyball.

What I saw for the northern 6A/5A schools as follows:

During Regular Season
North West side league (not sure what it is actually called)
Russellville
Siloam Springs
Greenwood
Alma
Harrison
Farmington
Clarksville

(not sure of where Maumelle will be playing in regular season)

North East side league (not sure what it is actually called)
Mountain Home
Searcy
Batesville
Beebe
Greenbrier
Morrilton
Vilonia

Now Alma should be moving back down to the 5A West and I'm not sure if Maumelle will be moving up to 6A.  But the way I see it is that the 5A West during the Postseason District Tounament is as follows:
Alma
Maumelle
Greenbrier
Harrison
Clarksville
Farmington
Morrilton
Vilonia

This is what I saw for the 5A West, not sure on what teams the 5A East will play in the Postseason District Tournament.

Grond

Pioneer86

Here is what I saw:

Combined Classification Districts 5A & 6A
1)Alma                           2) Batesville                   3) Blytheville
   Clarksville                        Beebe                            Forrest City
   Farmington                Greenbrier                      Greene County Tech
   Greenwood                      Morrilton                        Jonesboro
   Harrison                Mountain Home               Marion
   Russellville                Searcy                           Nettleton
   Siloam Springs                Vilonia                           Paragould
                                            Valley View
                                                                              West Memphis
                                                                              Wynne

4)  J.A Fair                     5) Benton                      6) Camden Fairview
      Jacksonville                  LR McClellan                  DeQueen
      LR Christian                  LR Millis                         El Dorado
      LR Hall                         Pine Bluff                       Hope
      LR Parkview                  Sheridan                        Hot Springs
      Maumelle                     Watson Chapel               HS Lakeside
      Pulaski Academy          White Hall                       Lake Hamilton
      Sylvan Hills                                                       Magnolia
                                                                              Texarkana         

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Go Postal on August 24, 2015, 09:00:54 pm
Here is what I saw in the local paper in Harrison.
Conferences were assigned to schools in April and those conferences will determine who will proceed to postseason play.  However, in theory, the new districts will provide each school a league to play in that will eliminate travel and student absences.  The sport of Football is exempted from the new leagues as is all sports in class 7A.  The only team sports involved in this move are baseball, basketball, softball, soccer and volleyball.

What I saw for the northern 6A/5A schools as follows:

During Regular Season
North West side league (not sure what it is actually called)
Russellville
Siloam Springs
Greenwood
Alma
Harrison
Farmington
Clarksville

(not sure of where Maumelle will be playing in regular season)

North East side league (not sure what it is actually called)
Mountain Home
Searcy
Batesville
Beebe
Greenbrier
Morrilton
Vilonia

Now Alma should be moving back down to the 5A West and I'm not sure if Maumelle will be moving up to 6A.  But the way I see it is that the 5A West during the Postseason District Tounament is as follows:
Alma
Maumelle
Greenbrier
Harrison
Clarksville
Farmington
Morrilton
Vilonia

This is what I saw for the 5A West, not sure on what teams the 5A East will play in the Postseason District Tournament.

You will play the same team in district tournament (for sports above), as your football played.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas