• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TMYCJY pick for week 1 of 2015 football season

Started by tmycjy, August 16, 2015, 04:18:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

August 16, 2015, 04:18:49 pm Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:22:14 pm by tmycjy
Tmycjy pick for week 1

5-A EAST

Wynne 42.   :)   (Last state runner up Wynne open up the season with a win move to 1-0 on the year just waiting on week 2 match up with P.A. Will Wynne return to the state tittle game only time will tell for them I think if Wynne plays there card right they will be in the finals )
Marion 10.    :(. ( last year Marion only had 1 win this year Marion will be much improve but will not beat Wynne move to 0-1 on the year will Marion have more then 1 win this year only time will tell for Marion )

Batesville.          27.   :) ( last year Batesville went 11-2 this year Batesville look to be one of the favorite for the east tittle and maybe the state tittle they win this one to start out 1-0 on the year will they be a factor for the tittle only time will tell for Batesville )
Watson Chapel.   7    :-\ ( last year WC went 5-6 this year chapel could be a factor in the south tittle but for now they cant beat Batesville start out 0-1 on the year will they win the south tittle only time will tell for WC )

Paragould. 38.  :D ( last year Paragould went 4-6 and this year start out with a win move to 1-0 on the year will they make the playoff only time will tell )
Rivercrest   21.  :'( (last year Rivercrest went 5-5-1 this year they start the season with a lost move to 0-1 on the year will they win this one only time will tell for them )

Green County Tech  21.  :-X ( last year GCT went 1-9 tech will be much improve this year but they will not see it in the win lost area tech start out 0-1 on the year will they win more then 1 game this year only time will tell for them )
Searcy.                   40  8) ( last year searcy went 4-7 this year searcy start out with a win move to 1-0 on the year will they do better then 4 win from last year only time will tell for them )

Nettleton 35  :-\ ( last year nettleton went 7-4 and almost had a big upset in the playoffs this year nettleton look like dark horse for the east tittle they win this game to start out 1-0 on the year will nettleton be east champion only time will tell for them )
Newport.  31  :'( ( last year Newport lost in the first round of the playoff this year Newport start there season 0-1 on the year will they go pass the first round of the playoffs only time will tell for them )

Blytheville   31  :) ( last year Blytheville went 6-5 this year Blytheville will be better then last year the question Is it look like the east could have 5 good team and one will not go right they win the season opener move to 1-0 on the year will they make the playoff only time will tell for them )
Osceola    21  8) ( last year Osceola went 8-5 this year Osceola loses the opener move 0-1 on the year will they win this one only time will tell )

Valley View 6  >:( ( last year VV went 3-7 on the year this year look like more of the same move to 0-1 on the year will they win this game only time will tell for them
Jonesboro. 42  :-* ( last Jonesboro lost in the simi finals this year look like might make it back to the simi finals right now they win this game to  move to 1-0 on the season will they make it back only time will tell for them )

Forrest City 24  :'( ( last year FC went 4-6 this year they could make the playoff but they loses the season opener to move to 0-1 on the year will they make it to the playoff only time will tell for them )
West Memphis 31  :) (last year WM didn't make the playoffs this year they open with a win to move to 1-0 on the year will they make the playoffs only time will tell for them )

5-A Central

Sylvan Hills    34  :D ( last year SH went 8-3 and lost in the first round this year SH could be a dark horse in the central if SH can stay healthy SH start out 1-0 on the season will they be the dark horse only time will tell for them )
Viloina          21  >:( ( last year Viloina went 4-6 this year look like more of the same with new coach at the school will they win with this coach who know for sure Viloina start out 0-1 on the season will they make the playoffs only time will tell for them )

LR Fair. 19  :'(. ( last year LRF went 2-8 this year could be more of the same LRF start this year 0-1 on the year will they win more games then last year only time will tell for them )
Subaco academy 28  :) ( SA start this season 1-0 on the year will they win this one only time will tell for them)

LR McClellan 21  >:( last year. LRMC was in the playoff until they had to fortit some game and cost them the playoffs this year LRMC start with a lost move to 0-1 on the year will they make the playoff only time will tell for them)
Sheridan   27  :) ( last year Sheridan went 2-8 this year they could be better start out the season 1-0 on the year will they win more game then last year only time will tell )

LR Mills 6  >:( ( last yearMills won only 3 game this year look more of the same start out the season 0-1 on the year will they make the playoff only time will tell for them)
LR Parkview 42  :D ( last year LRP went to the quarter finals this year more of the same this year LRP move to 1-0 on the year will they have a big winning season only time will tell )

Jacksonville. 14  :P ( last year Jacksonville went 4-7 this year it look like they will be better then last year they also pick up north Pulaski football player do. To the fact that NP not fielding a team so there letting them play with Jacksonville they start the season 0-1 on the year will they win this game only time will tell for them)
Maumelle.     19  :D ( last year maumelle went 10-1-1 this they got a new coach. At the helm and will this  work for maumelle I say it dose maumelle start there season 1-0 on the year will they go win the west again only time will tell)

Pulaski academy 41  :) ( last year state champion p.a. Went 13-1 this year could be more of the same they start there season with a win over a Texas powerhouse team move to 1-0 on the year will they repeat as state champion only time will tell for them )
TX Highland park 22  :-X ( TX powerhouse loses to and Arkansas powerhouse start out 0-1 I think on the year)

Beebe 28.          ??? ( last year Beebe went to the simi finals this year could be more of the same if they get the right playoff spot the wrong playoff spot could put them out early they start there season with a lost move to 0-1 on the year will they win big this year only time will tell for them )
Greenbrier. 41.   :) ( last year greenbrier went 8-4 this year could be about the same they could be the dark horse for the west tittle they start there season 1-0 on the year will they be west champion only time will tell for them )

5-A SOUTH

HS Lakeside    21.  :'( ( last year HSLS went 4-6 this year look like more of the same they there season out with a lost move to 0-1 on the year will they make to the playoffs only time will tell for them )
LR Central   42  ;D ( last year  LRC went 6 win last year this year Central will be more of the same central start there season 1-0 on the year will they win only time will tell for them

Camden Fairview 21.  :) ( last year Camden went 8-4 this year Camden one of favorite to be south champion right now they start there season 0-1 on the year will they win the south only time will tell for them )
Eldorado             31  :) ( last year the wildcats went to the simi finals this they could be back as of right now they start there season 1-0 on the year will they win only time will tell for them )

Watson chapel 7  :'(.  ( same as east )
Batesville.     27.    8) ( same as east)

Hot Springs 21  :-\ ( last year HS went 7-5 and had south champion this year could be more of the same HS could start out 0-3 and could very Easley win 7 straight for right now they lost to start there season 0-1 on the year will they repeat as champion only time will tell for them )
Lake Hamilton 31 ( last Year LH lost in the first round this year look like they could compleat in the 6-a south they start there season with a win move to 1-0 on the year will they win this one only time will tell for them )

Magnolia   19.  :) ( last year magnolia went 4-6 this magnolia look much improved but I don't think there see it in the win lost column they start there season with a win move to 1-0 on the year will they win more then 4 games only time will tell for them )
Crossett.   17  :o ( last year crossett went 6-5 last year this year they start out with a lost move to 0-1 on the year will they win only time will tell for them)

DeQueen 12   :'( ( last year DeQueen went 1-9 last year and look like more of the same this year start 0-1 on the year will they win more then 1 game only time will tell for them
Mena.      42.  :D ( last year 4-A state runner up start this season with a win over a 5-A school start out 1-0 on the year will they go back to the state tittle game only time will tell for them )

White hall 21  ??? ( last year WH went 5-6 last year and this year look like they might fall short of playoffs start out the season 0-1 on the year will they make the playoff only time will tell for them )
Van Buren 40  :)  ( last year VB went 4-6 this year more of the same move to start there season 1-0 win they have big winning season only time will tell for them )

Hope 14         ::). ( last year hope went 3-7 last year this year could be more of the same start there season with a lost move to 0-1 on the year will they beat there rivals only time will tell for them)
Nashville 41     :-* ( last year Nashville went 10-2 this year they could have a deep run for the state tittle start there season with a rival win move to 1-0 on the year will they win this game only time will tell for them )

5-A WEST

Viloina.    21  :'( ( same as central )
Sylvan hills 34  :) ( same as central )

Greenbrier 41  :) ( same as central)
Beebe.      28  :( ( same as central )

Farmington 24.   :-\ ( last year Farmington went 4-6 in there first year of 5-A this year will be more of the same Farmington will be better but still will not make the playoff they start there season 0-1 on the year will they make the playoffs only time will tell for them )
Prairie Grove 35   :) ( last year PG went 7-4 I don't know much on this team but they start 1-0 on the year will they win this one only time will tell)

Clarksville.  14.  :-[. ( last year Clarksville went 0-10 this year is more of the same they start out 0-1 on the year will they win a game only time will tell for them)
Lamar.        40.   :) ( Lamar win this one to move to 1-0 on the year will they win this only time will tell for them)

LR Christian.  31  :'( (last year LRC went 6-5 this year they look lot better where they could be a factor in the west but they start there season with a lost move to 0-1 on the year will they be a factor in the west only time will tell for them )
Fountain. Lake 34   :) ( Last year FL went 6-5 this year they start with a win move to 1-0 on the year  will they win this one only time will tell for them )

Maumelle.  19.  :) ( same as central)
Jacksonville 14  :'( ( same as central)

Morrilton 21       :( ( last year Morrilton went 4-6 this year Morrilton look like a wild card in the west but they start there season with a rival lost move to 0-1 on the year will they make the playoff only time will tell for them )
Russellville 26  :) (Russellville win this rival game to start out 1-0 on the year will they win in week 1 only time will tell for them )

Mountain home 31  :o ( last year MH went 0-10 this year look like more the same they start out with a lost move to 0-1 on the year will they win a game only time will tell for them )
Harrison.           38  8) ( last year Harrison went 6-5 this year Harrison got a new coach will the new coach win for Harrison I say yes Harrison start the season with a win to move to 1-0 on the year will the new coach win big at Harrison only time will tell for Harrison )

This is my pick for week 1 of the season good luck and hope your team wins in week 1 of the season

P.S . Last year TMYCJY went 154-59 last year

PA Dad

I hope you're right about PA.  I think they will win but I don't think the spread will be 20 points.

tmycjy

GuvHog

I agree that Batesville will likely beat WC but it'll be much closer than a 3 TD spread and WC will score more than 7 points.

tmycjy

Intelligentsia

Quote from: GuvHog on August 17, 2015, 11:31:47 am
I agree that Batesville will likely beat WC but it'll be much closer than a 3 TD spread and WC will score more than 7 points.

I'll say 35 - 21 Pioneers

mijally

mijally

Looks like the computer isn't impressed with LRCA's preseason expectations.

GuvHog

Quote from: Intelligentsia on August 18, 2015, 07:55:18 pm

I'll go 28-24 Pioneers

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on August 18, 2015, 07:55:18 pm

I say Batesville by 10.

tmycjy

Good luck to all team on the first week of the season

tmycjy

Good luck to all team on September 4 hope your high school team win on the first Friday night put of the season

Intelligentsia

Quote from: tmycjy on August 22, 2015, 11:12:37 am
Good luck to all team on September 4 hope your high school team win on the first Friday night put of the season

Good luck to Wynne - I would love to see the Yellow Jackets and Pioneers play twice this year!!

tmycjy

good luck to all team this year hope your team will win for you

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on August 16, 2015, 07:22:26 pm
I hope you're right about PA.  I think they will win but I don't think the spread will be 20 points.

I hope so to, but I'll be happy if PA wins by 1 point.  On the road against a 6A TX school with a long home-winning streak.  No way I see PA winning by more than a TD. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on August 24, 2015, 08:34:56 pm

I hope so to, but I'll be happy if PA wins by 1 point.  On the road against a 6A TX school with a long home-winning streak.  No way I see PA winning by more than a TD.

I initially picked PA to win this game by 3.  After watching PA scrimmage with Bryant tonight I think the margin could be 14 or more.  PA looks impressive.

GuvHog

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2015, 10:34:16 pm

I initially picked PA to win this game by 3.  After watching PA scrimmage with Bryant tonight I think the margin could be 14 or more.  PA looks impressive.

That's a bold prediction since you haven't seen that Texas team scrimmage.

PA Dad

Quote from: GuvHog on August 26, 2015, 01:08:21 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2015, 10:34:16 pm

That's a bold prediction since you haven't seen that Texas team scrimmage.

You are right.  I'm going strictly on what I saw last night and the knowledge that Highland Park returns only three starters this year so they will be very inexperienced. 

I just saw that Hootens picked HP to win by 1.

It will be interesting to see if my evaluation of PA based only on a scrimmage is way off the mark.  But, since Bryant usually has a pretty good team, I don't think I'm that far off.

tmycjy

Good luck to all teams next Friday night and good luck to all team who plays before Friday night

Proud Buckaroo

tmycjy

Good luck to all teams next week hope your team wins next week

tmycjy

Good luck to all teams this week hope your team wins and want leave u with some information here are all the state champion and runner up from last year back for what is 5-A classafation back

Years                State champion.            State runner up

2014.               Pulaski academy.            Wynne
2013.                Morrilton.                        Batesville
2012.                  Camden Fairview.           Batesville
2011.                 Greenwood.                     Batesville
2010.                 Greenwood.                    Camden Fairview
2009.                  Monticello.                     Camden Fairview
2008.                 Pulaski Academy             West Helena
2007.                 Greenwood.                    LR Christian
2006.                 Greenwood.                    Pulaski academy
2005.                  Greenwood.                   Morrilton
2004.                 Wynne.                           Greenwood
2003.                 Batesville.                       Viloina
2002.                 Stuttgart.                        Sylvan hills
2001.                 Wynne.                           Stuttgart
2000.                 Greenwood.                     Hope
1999.                 Harrison.                         Alma
1998.                  Alma.                             Osceola
1997.                 Alma.                              Hamburg
1996.                 Waston chapel                  Greenwood
1995.                 Osceola.                          Waston chapel
1994.                 Monticello.                       Magnolia
1993.                  Malvern.                          Lake Hamitlon
1992.                 Lake Hamiltion.                Alma
1991.                 Newport.                         Lake Hamition
1990.                PB Dollaraway
1989.                PB Dollaraway
1988.                PB Dollaraway
1987.                Arkaedlphia.
1986.                Wynne
1985.                 Rivercrest
1984.            Don't reamber this one
1983.              """"""""""
1982.             """""""""""
1981.             """"""""""""""""""""""""
1980.               Wynne.                       Alma         

Intelligentsia

Just read a bit about the Watson Chapel vs Star City scrimmage, which WC won 21-19.  While just a scrimmage, Star City is mentioned as one of the top picks for the 4-A state championship.  Add to that Hootens pick for WC to win the south, Friday's game a Pioneer Stadium promises to be a dandy!!  I like the Pioneers at home but will make a final prediction if 31-21, Pioneers.  After watching the scrimmage at Highland, it looks like we have a couple young men who can kick a field goal from a descent distance!! 

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on August 30, 2015, 09:52:10 am
Just read a bit about the Watson Chapel vs Star City scrimmage, which WC won 21-19.  While just a scrimmage, Star City is mentioned as one of the top picks for the 4-A state championship.  Add to that Hootens pick for WC to win the south, Friday's game a Pioneer Stadium promises to be a dandy!!  I like the Pioneers at home but will make a final prediction if 31-21, Pioneers.  After watching the scrimmage at Highland, it looks like we have a couple young men who can kick a field goal from a descent distance!!

I wish I could see that game.  Good way to start the season.

What's a field goal?

Intelligentsia

PADad, field goals are used occasionally by teams as a motivation to involve Soccer players on the football team.  They actually award points for involving those players if the player can kick the ball through the extra point poles (a strategy used by teams without the nerve to go for two extra points after a touchdown).  We have had great success involving Soccer players, some of whom occasionally contribute on offense and defense:)

mijally

Thank the good Lord for the field goal. Because of it my son got to enjoy a wonderful season last year playing football.  Dad loved it too.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on August 30, 2015, 02:38:08 pm
PADad, field goals are used occasionally by teams as a motivation to involve Soccer players on the football team.  They actually award points for involving those players if the player can kick the ball through the extra point poles (a strategy used by teams without the nerve to go for two extra points after a touchdown).  We have had great success involving Soccer players, some of whom occasionally contribute on offense and defense:)

Thanks for the explanation.  I always wondered why teams would kick the ball when they were deep in our territory.  It seemed to me that they would do better scoring a touchdown!

I just tried to remember a time when PA kicked a field goal.  I'm sure it has happened but I can't remember it.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on August 30, 2015, 05:12:00 pm

Thanks for the explanation.  I always wondered why teams would kick the ball when they were deep in our territory.  It seemed to me that they would do better scoring a touchdown!

I just tried to remember a time when PA kicked a field goal.  I'm sure it has happened but I can't remember it.

Interestingly enough, your kicker went D-1!

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 30, 2015, 07:10:04 pm

Interestingly enough, your kicker went D-1!

You are correct although he went as a walk on.  I assure you it's not because of what he did in PA's games, although he is a former soccer player and has a strong leg.

Maynard G Krebs

If memory serves me correctly, PA kicked a field goal in '08 state champioship game vs Helena-West Helena and one in the regular season of '07 vs HWH.   I may be forgetting some that have happened since then.

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 30, 2015, 08:25:52 pm

If memory serves me correctly, PA kicked a field goal in '08 state champioship game vs Helena-West Helena and one in the regular season of '07 vs HWH.   I may be forgetting some that have happened since then.

I knew one of the old timers would remember.  Thanks.

tmycjy

PA Dad

Quote from: tmycjy on September 01, 2015, 11:13:32 am
As of right now tmycjy is 1-0 for the week

Yes, and the Central conference leads all conferences in 5A with a 1-0 record!

PA Dad

The Central conference is now 2-0 and again leads all conferences in 5A!

tmycjy

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 01, 2015, 11:16:18 pm
The Central conference is now 2-0 and again leads all conferences in 5A!

Poor West...

mijally

We're late bloomers. We'll look a lot better later in the year. When we're playing each other. Lol

tmycjy

Good luck to all teams tomarrow night have fun and from the road teams drive safe to and from place you play

tmycjy

Going in to Friday night tmycjy is 1-2 so far good luck to all team tonight

Go Postal

Chris, here is the West scores if you haven't seen them.

5A West vs...

7A-6A   2015-09-04
(W) Morrilton (35) Russellville (21) Final
(W) Harrison (42) Mountain Home (21) Final

5A   2015-09-04
(W) Maumelle (59) Jacksonville (21) Final
(L) Vilonia (28) Sylvan Hills (62) Final
(L) Greenbrier (27) Beebe (41) Final

4A   2015-09-04
(W) Little Rock Christian (47) Fountain Lake (7) Final
(W) Farmington (28) Prairie Grove (12) Final

3A   2015-09-04
(L) Clarksville (12) Lamar (42) Final

tmycjy

Tmycjy goes in week 1 a total of 16-11

My up side of the week
Went 6-2 in east play
And went 5-2 in central

Down side of the week went 2-3 in west play

PA Dad

Quote from: tmycjy on September 05, 2015, 11:18:02 am
Tmycjy goes in week 1 a total of 16-11

My up side of the week
Went 6-2 in east play
And went 5-2 in central

Down side of the week went 2-3 in west play

I'll be very interested in your picks this week.  I think week 1 really shook things up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas