• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier vs Beebe at War Memorial on Sept 1

Started by pantherblue, August 14, 2015, 05:37:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

BB drives to the GB 15 but turns it over on downs.

PA Dad

I'm impressed with GB quarterback .  He's big, quick, has a good arm and is making good decisions.  GB just scored a touchdown on a 20 pass.  Good methodical drive down the field.

pantherblue

PA Dad

Beebe drives the field 5 yards at a time then Wyrick breaks one 20 yards for a touchdown .

PA Dad

GB QB eludes pressure and completes pass.  Receiver fumbles.  BB ball at midfield.  1:26 left in half.

PA Dad

September 01, 2015, 09:03:46 pm #55 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:05:18 pm by PA Dad
Wyrick breaks another one for 50 yards and a touchdown.  PAT fails.

GB leads 14-13.

PA Dad

GB QB just lowered his shoulder and ran over a tackler!  I like this guy.

Beebebadger1995

PA Dad

MoTownDog

Greenbrier better get some points up.  Beebe is fixing to suck up the clock. 

PA Dad

PA Dad

GB scores on 18 yard pass.  2 point fails.

GB leads 20-13.  10:49 third quarter

PA Dad

Patron returns kickoff for touchdown.

Tied at 20.  10:35 3rd quarter.

pantherblue

That was not a good call by an official that couldn't see the play.

PA Dad

I saw the face mask violation.  I called it before the flag came out.

Intelligentsia

Jayepea

PA Dad

GB QB scrambles and completes pass to one yard line on 4th and 15.  He was over the line of scrimmage .  BB ball on its own 48.

Jayepea

Maynard G Krebs

Jayepea

PA Dad

Trip Smith breaks 30 yard run to the 10.  On 4th and inches Trip takes it in for the touchdown.  PAT good.

Beebe leads 27-20. 10:37 4th quarter.

PA Dad

GB has dropped at least five passes and maybe more.

PA Dad

PA Dad

Both teams going for it on 4th.  GB just did and turned it over on downs at G B 42.

9:00 left in 4th

bobcat81

Jayepea

PA Dad

Beebe runs down field 3-5 yards at a time and scores touchdown.

I have to leave the game.  Can someone pick this up?

MoTownDog

Looks like Greenbriers last game at war memorial for the year

bobcat81

GB goes 65 yards with 42 yard td pass.
BB 34-27. 3:13

Jayepea

bobcat81

Jayepea

Tripp Smith is a beast and BB is well coached.

bobcat81

BB 4th and 6 at GB 33. Timeout with 1:16 to go.

bobcat81

Trick play on fake punt for a score.
41-27.
1:07

Maynard G Krebs

September 01, 2015, 10:43:21 pm #85 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:46:17 pm by Maynard G Krebs
The Achilles heel for Greenbrier is the receiving corps.  Several well placed passes went incomplete due to lack of concentration of the receivers, i.e., hearing footsteps, not watching ball into their hands, etc.
I liked the QB, big strong and fairly agile.  He needs some help from his receivers.

Beebe just has the hosses at running back positions.   Big running plays right up the middle, as you would expect.

pantherblue

PA Dad

Quote from: pantherblue on September 01, 2015, 10:47:58 pm
It was good to meet PA dad

It was very nice to meet you.  That was a good game to watch.

I agree with Maynard.  GB has a good qb.  Dropped passes and penalties killed GB tonight.  They had a good chance to win the game without the penalties and dropped balls.  I think they will compete in the West.

MoTownDog

Greenbriers quarterback doesn't like to get hit.  Pop him a couple times and they will self destruct.   That's how we beat them last year with a crappy team.  Defense sounds out of shape.   One long possession by Beebe and they never recovered.   If Beebe doesn't fumble a couple times it would have been a lot worse

PA Dad

Quote from: MoTownDog on September 01, 2015, 11:10:13 pm
Greenbriers quarterback doesn't like to get hit.  Pop him a couple times and they will self destruct.   That's how we beat them last year with a crappy team.  Defense sounds out of shape.   One long possession by Beebe and they never recovered.   If Beebe doesn't fumble a couple times it would have been a lot worse

That's not my impression of the qb.  I saw him lower his shoulder and run over tacklers a couple of times.

MoTownDog

September 01, 2015, 11:17:30 pm #91 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:19:48 pm by MoTownDog
Did u see the plays right after that and from then on.  Horrible.  radio said he was limping around. It's not just his play the whole team seems to loose it a bit. Receivers and center off sides negative yards 3 plays in a row.  All after an took a hit

PA Dad

Quote from: MoTownDog on September 01, 2015, 11:17:30 pm
Did u see the plays right after that and from then on.  Horrible radio said he was limping around

I saw him limping and he sat out a couple of plays.  But I didn't think he was afraid of getting hit at any point in the game.

MoTownDog

September 01, 2015, 11:21:11 pm #93 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:23:19 pm by MoTownDog
The never scored from that point on. We had a horrible team last year.  Our linebackers got a couple good licks In on him and the scoring stopped

PA Dad

Quote from: MoTownDog on September 01, 2015, 11:21:11 pm
The never scored from that point on. We had a horrible team last year.  Our linebackers got a couple good licks In on him and the scoring stopped

You've seen him play more than I have.  I'm just giving my impressions from tonight.

MoTownDog

Like I said it's not just him, the whole team gets frustrated for some reason.  I don't know if he brings it to the huddle or what.  But our game last year went exactly like tonight's did.  They were a much better team than we were last year   

PA Dad

Beebe looked about like they looked last year.  They have those 3 to 5 yard runs and occasionally break a long one.  If my memory is correct they attempted one pass which was incomplete.  I haven't heard the stats but I bet they had over 400 yards rushing.

On defense I think they are vulnerable to the pass.  GB had success passing and should have had a lot more but had way too many dropped balls.

MoTownDog

I've been told this was his first year as quarterback?  Is this true?   I know last years quarterback was a big 6'2 200 lbs also.  I was assuming they were one in the same. While greenbrier had a bad game, coach tribble won't allow that to go on much further.  They will work through it and win some games this year. 

PA Dad

Quote from: MoTownDog on September 01, 2015, 11:52:49 pm
I've been told this was his first year as quarterback?  Is this true?   I know last years quarterback was a big 6'2 200 lbs also.  I was assuming they were one in the same. While greenbrier had a bad game, coach tribble won't allow that to go on much further.  They will work through it and win some games this year.

This guy is a junior.  According to the program he's about 5'11 and 175 pounds.

bobcat81

The Greenbrier QB was wearing #10 tonight, rather than #9 which is how he was listed in the program.  He's a senior and listed at 6'1 and 215.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas