• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier vs Beebe at War Memorial on Sept 1

Started by pantherblue, August 14, 2015, 05:37:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pantherblue

Proud Buckaroo

Greenbrier takes this game by two touchdowns.

Burks

sevenof400

Quote from: pantherblue on August 14, 2015, 05:37:25 am
Thoughts on this game?

Thoughts?  In Greenbriar?  Ain't happenin'!  (Channeling IYG just for PB here). 

So Beebe and Greenbrier get a second straight opening game at WMS?  That seems odd and suggests the observation that the allure of an early season matchup in Little Rock is losing its allure for a a good number of teams.  I know this isn't directly related to this game but what's going on with these matchups when they can't get a team to travel a bit to play in WMS?

As far as Beebe vs Greenbrier, I'm saying there will be 50 (tops) fans in attendance, 49 of which are from Beebe. (More IYG channeling for PB there) 

Okay, if I have to offer a serious thought for this game, does Beebe still have the horseshoe they used last year?  The forfeit from LR McClellan moved the Badgers into a much better playoff scenario and to their credit, Beebe took advantage.  The Badgers haven't exactly shined in OOC play over the years and the Panthers have owned this series as of late.

From the Greenbrier perspective, the on the field performance has suffered a bit over the last two years as the Panthers don't seem to be at the level they were earlier in the decade.  I'm going to pick Greenbrier over Beebe based mainly on recent trends and pedigree and I think Proud Buckaroo has the margin about right. 

pantherblue

Ha!!  Greenbrier will bring a couple hundred fans themselves...  One thing they do is travel well.. At least early in the season!! ha!!  Beebe seems to have trouble with the spread..  I think GB will continue it's trend and win this game by 14... And who is IYG?  haha

mijally

Beebe sure was on a roll at the end of last season. I'm not sure what all they have returning but I think Tripp Smith is and if he's on the field Greenbrier won't stop him.  I say he runs wild on Greenbrier but will it be enough? 

InYoGrill

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 14, 2015, 09:39:52 am
Quote from: pantherblue on August 14, 2015, 05:37:25 am
Thoughts on this game?

Thoughts?  In Greenbriar?  Ain't happenin'!  (Channeling IYG just for PB here). 

So Beebe and Greenbrier get a second straight opening game at WMS?  That seems odd and suggests the observation that the allure of an early season matchup in Little Rock is losing its allure for a a good number of teams.  I know this isn't directly related to this game but what's going on with these matchups when they can't get a team to travel a bit to play in WMS?

As far as Beebe vs Greenbrier, I'm saying there will be 50 (tops) fans in attendance, 49 of which are from Beebe. (More IYG channeling for PB there) 

Okay, if I have to offer a serious thought for this game, does Beebe still have the horseshoe they used last year?  The forfeit from LR McClellan moved the Badgers into a much better playoff scenario and to their credit, Beebe took advantage.  The Badgers haven't exactly shined in OOC play over the years and the Panthers have owned this series as of late.

From the Greenbrier perspective, the on the field performance has suffered a bit over the last two years as the Panthers don't seem to be at the level they were earlier in the decade.  I'm going to pick Greenbrier over Beebe based mainly on recent trends and pedigree and I think Proud Buckaroo has the margin about right.

Ah!!! 7 wakes up the GRill and I see Peanut Butter Blue is delusional and grossly sick as always. BB smashes the blue off the Briar helmets this game. BB will be running 9th grade O by the 4th Q. BB uses all of 3 base plays and Briar might figure it out their 2nd game. Briar is finese and leotards with a hint of blue cream. No way Briar stops the dead wing this game unless BB missed getting on the buses.

BB 52
Briar 18  cause they can't kick extra points. I mean they don't understand that you can kick  chip shots for an extra pt. They would rather play square dance lining up after a td and then run the wildcat who throws over his back shoulder near the bleachers. Just sayin.....   

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Eagles!!!

pantherblue

You were grossly embarrassed last time you said that IYG so nothing new from you red belly fowl!!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: pantherblue on August 14, 2015, 05:10:09 pm
You were grossly embarrassed last time you said that IYG so nothing new from you red belly fowl!!

He could have just said that Beebe would win, but 52 - 18 !!  I see a major roasting in Grill's future ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on August 14, 2015, 05:15:56 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on August 14, 2015, 05:10:09 pm

He could have just said that Beebe would win, but 52 - 18 !!  I see a major roasting in Grill's future ;D

I'm picking  Beebe in a close game.  The central conference needs some respect.

Bondfan4ever

Haha, I sure hope there is more than 50 fans there at War Memorial.  I think this will be a good ballgame.  Both teams are picked to finish 2nd in their respective conferences.  I know both teams are looking forward to the matchup.

PA Dad

I'm going to this game.  I see that other games are scheduled at WMS the same day.  Does anyone know what time the Beebe game starts?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: PA Dad on August 16, 2015, 11:20:04 am
I'm going to this game.  I see that other games are scheduled at WMS the same day.  Does anyone know what time the Beebe game starts?

This is the last game of the night which starts @ 7:30pm.

According to this:

http://www.ahsaa.org/team_schedule.asp?schID=25&the_sport=Football&the_team=BEEBE HIGH SCHOOL 11-12 Badger&the_class=5A&the_conf=Central&the_coach=John Shannon

PA Dad

Proud Buckaroo

The Future

Intelligentsia

PA Dad

pantherblue

Beebe better bring a defense or it could get ugly.

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on August 17, 2015, 01:45:52 am

BB bring a D???  LOL-  You better hope Briar can tackle and kick extra pts. LOL!! Its been 7 years since Briar kicked an extra pt. and probably just as long since they held BB to less than 200 yards rushing.  That 7 on 7 pretty boy paper air plane league ain't gonna help win against BB.

Gosh Panther, stop swallowing so much lake water.  ;D ;D ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on August 17, 2015, 07:42:27 pm

BB bring a D???  LOL-  You better hope Briar can tackle and kick extra pts. LOL!! Its been 7 years since Briar kicked an extra pt. and probably just as long since they held BB to less than 200 yards rushing.  That 7 on 7 pretty boy paper air plane league ain't gonna help win against BB.

I think BB gets 350 yards rushing in this game.

pantherblue

I don't care if they do get 200 yards rushing.  After the scores of the games the last 3 years surely they are due to score more points...  But an opening win is just not in their immediate future     ;D  8)

GuvHog

Since Greenbrier returns only 5 starters from last years team, there's no reason Beebe shouldn't be favored. Greenbrier is having to almost completely rebuild on both sides of the ball.

Go Postal

IYG, I don't think it's a good idea about Greenbrier kicking the football.  Have you seen the way they try to kick the soccer ball?  sevenof400 and I have. ;D

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on August 17, 2015, 08:10:52 pm

I think BB gets 350 yards rushing in this game.

^^^ this

pantherblue

Doesn't matter if they have 600 if they only have 30 points. Lol.   Not many teams over the years have had much success running.

GuvHog

Greenbrier has to bring a good offense for that to happen and it's very difficult to do when they have to replace 9 starters on that side of the ball alone.

pantherblue

Quote from: GuvHog on August 20, 2015, 12:16:48 pm

Greenbrier has to bring a good offense for that to happen and it's very difficult to do when they have to replace 9 starters on that side of the ball alone.

Everyone starting this year will be very capable of replacing those lost to graduation.  Maybe even better...

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on August 20, 2015, 02:47:03 pm

Everyone starting this year will be very capable of replacing those lost to graduation.  Maybe even better...

Hilarious, the blue kool aid must be very tangy these days.  :o

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on August 20, 2015, 10:15:40 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on August 20, 2015, 02:47:03 pm

Hilarious, the blue kool aid must be very tangy these days.  :o

It's called reloading IYG... See you at WM stadium on Sept 1st 

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Is that like the old adage that the backup QB is always as good or better than the starter? 

Just messing with you PB - I really like Coach Tribble and know he'll have his bunch ready to play every year.  I just hope your RB from last year graduated.  He was able to run on us like no one else all year.  I think he had around 250 yards on like 40 or 50 carries.  Kid was a workhorse.

pantherblue

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on August 21, 2015, 11:29:18 am
Is that like the old adage that the backup QB is always as good or better than the starter? 

Just messing with you PB - I really like Coach Tribble and know he'll have his bunch ready to play every year.  I just hope your RB from last year graduated.  He was able to run on us like no one else all year.  I think he had around 250 yards on like 40 or 50 carries.  Kid was a workhorse.

GB usually has a good running back that enables the passing game...  I have not seen much of them at all this year but am excited for that opening game.  I'll try to make one of Maumelle's games this year also since I live less than a mile from the stadium...    ;)

Jayepea

sevenof400

Quote from: pantherblue on August 21, 2015, 04:20:14 pm
GB usually has a good running back that enables the passing game...  I have not seen much of them at all this year but am excited for that opening game.  I'll try to make one of Maumelle's games this year also since I live less than a mile from the stadium...    ;)

Enables or necessitates?    :o

arkcrash

Sorry if this has been asked, but will this game be streamed?

walkingguy72396

If BB is any-where near as good as when they showed up to play Wynne last year.  I'll take BB.  28 to 21

mijally

MoTownDog

September 01, 2015, 01:58:53 pm #37 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:05:29 pm by MoTownDog
Beebe 42 - Greenbrier 14

Morrilton Seniors are looking forward to a 3-0 record against Greenbier this year.

InYoGrill

Blue will be on the ground so bad that the color of the field will change after BB runs like a herd of buffaloes. You scared Panther B? LOL!

pantherblue

Never. The field is still red from Vilonia blood though. 

PA Dad

Pretty good crowd at the game.  Looks like GB has the most fans here.

pantherblue

We travel well.  Sitting on the west side 45 yard line. Green shirt with black stripes.

PA Dad

pantherblue

South side bright green shirt sitting with a golf buddy on the end of row

PA Dad

I'm on the east side.  I don't think I can get around but I'll try at half.

pantherblue

PA Dad

PA Dad

GB has a big QB who is mobile.  He eluded pressure and threw a td.

PA Dad

PA Dad

GB turns it over on downs.  GB receivers dropped two passes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas