• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Bold Predictions

Started by The Future, August 07, 2015, 10:44:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

Saw this on another thread and figured it would be fun to discuss here in 5A.

Anyone wanna throw out some bold predictions? Doesn't matter how bold. Doesn't matter if you really think it'll happen or maybe you just want it to happen or whatever. Let's hear 'em!
Then come the end of the season, we will see how each panned out.

I only have 2 so far. My Harrison prediction. Many are picking them to finish around 2-8 or 3-7. I'm picking 5-5, 4-3 and a third playoff seed. Now for the bold part. AND a second round playoff game!

PA, Wynne, or Batesville. One of these 3 more likely than not will be the champion. However, my second bold prediction is that only one of these 3 teams will make it to WMS. Which leaves the question of what other team or teams can step up and make their presence known in the title run.

Uncle Ivan

North Pulaski goes undefeated in non conference.

The_Pioneer

Someone accuses PA of recruiting.

Vteagle

Because of the new coach at Vilonia.....KFC goes bankrupt!!

Intelligentsia

1. The Pioneers have a perfect season, squeezing by Jonesboro in pre-conference play and dominating Wynne in the 5-A Championship game.

Razorback Red

My not so bold prediction is that PA loses game 1 on the road in TX and then doesn't sniff a loss the rest of the season. 

Overdahill

Rocko1493

Pioneers go 2-1 in non conference Go undefeated in in conference and win stat

GuvHog

Watson Chapel will go 1-2 (a win over Nashville) in non conference then go undefeated in conference play.

MoTownDog

Remember all the pre season polls. Fair warning the DOGS are back.  There's a buzz in the community of a deep playoff run this year.   

tmycjy

My bold prediction is p.a. Wynne or batesville will be in the finals wild card team that might knock off these teams is Beebe , Camden or Hot springs the question on my mine is how will playoff be set up this year I'm thinking it could like last year that maybe your loser of a coffrent tittle or a winner could be on the other side of good team

StateChampDad

PA will mercy rule every opponent this year, except Highland Park, TX (and the only reason PA will not mercy rule HP, is because Texas does not have a mercy rule).

MDXPHD

Quote from: StateChampDad on August 08, 2015, 09:34:40 pm
PA will mercy rule every opponent this year, except Highland Park, TX (and the only reason PA will not mercy rule HP, is because Texas does not have a mercy rule).

He said bold, not ignorant, predictions.

beach bum

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 09, 2015, 08:52:51 am

Lol

The Future

Quote from: beach bum on August 09, 2015, 09:20:12 am

Lol

Looking at PA's regular season schedule, I think they could only for sure mercy rule LR McClellan, Jacksonville, and LR Fair. Everyone else is good enough to keep within 35.

Rocko1493

I do not think PA will mercy rule Jachsonville.  If I am not mistake there football team is solid like last year but they picked up a lot of talent from one of the Little Rock schools.  Moving to 6a on next cycle I think.

PA Dad

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

Seriously I can't see PA beating HP and Wynne by 35+ points.  But there will be a number of mercy rule games.

GuvHog

Quote from: Rocko1493 on August 09, 2015, 11:17:12 am
I do not think PA will mercy rule Jachsonville.  If I am not mistake there football team is solid like last year but they picked up a lot of talent from one of the Little Rock schools.  Moving to 6a on next cycle I think.

Correct. North Pulaski is not fielding a football team this season, their players are playing on the Jacksonville team since the schools will soon merge. They'll be better than last year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on August 09, 2015, 12:08:38 pm

Seriously I can't see PA beating HP and Wynne by 35+ points.  But there will be a number of mercy rule games.

And they won't win all of their playoff games by 35+.

FD4

Nobody will mercy rule Wynne! Especially in Wynne.  PA better bring something other than what they had last season if they want to go home with a W in their pocket.  Whole new animal this year.

Jacketalum07

Wynne beats PA at Wynne on September 11th.

MDXPHD

Quote from: FD4 on August 10, 2015, 09:11:23 am
Nobody will mercy rule Wynne! Especially in Wynne.  PA better bring something other than what they had last season if they want to go home with a W in their pocket.  Whole new animal this year.

You're probably right. If that happens, Wynne will declare themselves state champions and think they can beat anyone, but then get knocked back down a notch when they play Batesville.

FD4

yeah, Batesville has become what Texas was to Arkansas back in the days of the SWC.  When we do manage to beat the neers, it is oh so sweet.  Good post.

Grond

WYNNE BEATS PULASKI ACADEMY - Wynne remembers the defensive adjustments they made in the second half of Finals, uses more of a team approach on offense (not relying on QB so much). It's about time for PA to be mortal again.

BATESVILLE WINS STATE 5A - Which is immediately followed by a new fashion of coonskin hats in Arkansas. God help us....

PARAGOULD WINS TWO GAMES - "Dream the impossible dream,...."

Overdahill

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 10, 2015, 11:24:21 am

You're probably right. If that happens, Wynne will declare themselves state champions and think they can beat anyone, but then get knocked back down a notch when they play Batesville.

For the time being the Pioneers need to concentrate on that first game against WC. The Pioneers will probably win it but it won't be a blowout. They'll have to earn that win.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2015, 01:15:41 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on August 10, 2015, 11:24:21 am

For the time being the Pioneers need to concentrate on that first game against WC. The Pioneers will probably win it but it won't be a blowout. They'll have to earn that win.

Agreed -_Happy we are hosting WC :)

Chief_Osceola™

My bold prediction - Jacob Acklin will rush for 2,000 yards this fall.  If he does that, Maumelle winning the West will be a foregone conclusion.

mijally

The 5A is loaded with talented running backs. I say 5 different running backs gain 2000.

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 12, 2015, 02:01:03 pm
My bold prediction - Jacob Acklin will rush for 2,000 yards this fall.  If he does that, Maumelle winning the West will be a foregone conclusion.
[/quote/
Can't wait to see Maumelle under the new coach. How's the offseason work been over there?

PA Dad

Quote from: mijally on August 12, 2015, 03:05:16 pm
The 5A is loaded with talented running backs. I say 5 different running backs gain 2000.

That is a bold prediction.  Can you name them?

mijally

Quote from: PA Dad on August 12, 2015, 06:36:31 pm

Acklin Maumelle Crocket LRCA Floyd Hot Springs Smith Beebe Dixon Wynne

PA Dad

Quote from: mijally on August 12, 2015, 07:21:32 pm

No doubt those are all dang good backs.  But, it would be amazing if all 5 gained 2,000 yards.  It will be interesting to watch.

Wonderdog

Quote from: PA Dad on August 12, 2015, 09:34:16 pm
Quote from: mijally on August 12, 2015, 07:21:32 pm

No doubt those are all dang good backs.  But, it would be amazing if all 5 gained 2,000 yards.  It will be interesting to watch.
It would be a historical season if that happened.

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on August 08, 2015, 10:39:37 am
My not so bold prediction is that PA loses game 1 on the road in TX and then doesn't sniff a loss the rest of the season.

That sounds like last year.  But, I think PA will beat Highland Park.  They may have a problem with Wynne.  What happens in the playoffs will depend on how the young skill players for PA developes  over the course of the season.

GuvHog

A lot of that depends on how good their teams offensive lines are.

Overdahill

Quote from: GuvHog on August 13, 2015, 12:23:00 pm

^^^ Truth

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on August 12, 2015, 03:15:52 pm
Can't wait to see Maumelle under the new coach. How's the offseason work been over there?

He's intense, that's for sure.  A lot more vocal that Coach Buchan was.  He seems to be pretty detail-oriented, which is good.  I'm liking the skill position guys, and I think Coach Thrash can get creative with the offense.  Lots of speed at WR and RB.  One thing I've seen is that we're not as big up front as last year.  We've got some big guys, but overall there's not as much size across the board.  I don't know how the defense will look - we're having to replace like 9 starters from last year's team.  Gonna be some growing pains early on.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on August 13, 2015, 12:26:26 pm

^^^ Truth

Most of those could get a thousand with no offensive line.

Ignatius J. Reilly

Chief O - The offensive line at Maumelle is almost the same as last year's. They have 4 returning starters this year, and most of the kids that played offense last year are back. They have 7 total returning starters on offense.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Ignatius J. Reilly on August 13, 2015, 05:40:58 pm
Chief O - The offensive line at Maumelle is almost the same as last year's. They have 4 returning starters this year, and most of the kids that played offense last year are back. They have 7 total returning starters on offense.

The offense will be fine I think. We're really gonna miss JB, Braylon, etc., but I think the younger guys will fill in nicely. The QB's have looked pretty sharp from what I've seen. My comments above were geared toward the defense. That will be the biggest question mark after losing some studs. It's impossible to replace guys like Malik, Nick, Michael, and the rest of those seniors and not see a drop off, at least until they mature and get some game reps.

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 13, 2015, 03:39:37 pm
Quote from: Overdahill on August 12, 2015, 03:15:52 pm

He's intense, that's for sure.  A lot more vocal that Coach Buchan was.  He seems to be pretty detail-oriented, which is good.  I'm liking the skill position guys, and I think Coach Thrash can get creative with the offense.  Lots of speed at WR and RB.  One thing I've seen is that we're not as big up front as last year.  We've got some big guys, but overall there's not as much size across the board.  I don't know how the defense will look - we're having to replace like 9 starters from last year's team.  Gonna be some growing pains early on.

Definitely seems to be a program on the rise

GuvHog

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 13, 2015, 03:40:06 pm

^^^ Truth

I respectfully disagree...

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2015, 12:01:41 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 13, 2015, 03:40:06 pm

^^^ Truth

I respectfully disagree...

That was hyperbole.

beach bum

5A West 2015 Prediction
1.Maumelle 8-2 (6-1)
2.Greenbrier 7-3 (5-2) head to head over LRC
3.LR Christian 8-2 (5-2)
4.Morrilton 5-5 (4-3) head to head over Vilonia
5.Vilonia 5-5 (4-3)
6.Farmington 4-6 (2-5) head to head over Harrison
7.Harrison 3-7 (2-5)
8.Clarksville 0-10 (0-7)

StateChampDad

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 09, 2015, 08:54:45 pm

Looks like my bold prediction was more prescient than ignorant.  I just missed on Wynne.   

The Future

Quote from: StateChampDad on November 29, 2015, 05:56:42 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on August 09, 2015, 08:54:45 pm

Looks like my bold prediction was more prescient than ignorant.  I just missed on Wynne.   

In my best Darth Vader voice

Impressive.

tmycjy

Quote from: The Future on August 07, 2015, 10:44:42 pm
Saw this on another thread and figured it would be fun to discuss here in 5A.

Anyone wanna throw out some bold predictions? Doesn't matter how bold. Doesn't matter if you really think it'll happen or maybe you just want it to happen or whatever. Let's hear 'em!
Then come the end of the season, we will see how each panned out.

I only have 2 so far. My Harrison prediction. Many are picking them to finish around 2-8 or 3-7. I'm picking 5-5, 4-3 and a third playoff seed. Now for the bold part. AND a second round playoff game!

PA, Wynne, or Batesville. One of these 3 more likely than not will be the champion. However, my second bold prediction is that only one of these 3 teams will make it to WMS. Which leaves the question of what other team or teams can step up and make their presence known in the title run.

It all depends on how the playoffs line up for seeding

the voice

Morrilton will be back in the finals,
Led by this years transfer RB who joins the returning starters and playmakers on offense. They win the west and host playoff games.

PWDad

Who transferred into Morrilton?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas