• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarksville vs Lamar

Started by macadoshis, July 28, 2015, 09:59:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

macadoshis

The Panthers open up the season just up the road at Lamar.  They will be looking for some revenge for last years 42-14 loss.  Do they stand a chance this year against a loaded Lamar Warriors. 

Rivalshog

macadoshis

Lamar returns a lot of skill players but they did lose an all state quarterback.  Clarksville has a solid quarterback in Mason Schucker, so one would think this should be a tighter game.  I know you can't take away much from 7on7, but the Panthers did recently beat Lamar.  and things have been a little chippy at times. 

x14113

I always wonder where the Warriors would be standing today football-wise had it not beat the Panthers a decade ago.

Would they have continued to flounder as they had in the years leading up that point?

Or would they simply built up success more gradually?

Either way, that game was a turning point for Lamar football. Clarksville's most faithful are still seeing red over it.

macadoshis

Some of Lamar's better athletes were former Panthers.  For whatever reason, I don't know every situation.  I know a few were due to some of the actions of the previous coaching staff.  Had they not been ran off,  just think where the program would be right now. 

Uncle Ivan

I'm offended that this subject is on the 5A board.

Bump it down to whatever classification Lamar plays in, as if they matter.

macadoshis

Clarksville is a 5A school.  Why would you be offended.

macadoshis

I want nothing more for the program to get back to where it used to be.  I look forward to seeing where Coach Cranor takes them.  Alot of excitement around here about football again. 

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 03, 2015, 01:47:14 am

Unlike Barrack Obama, we don't care that you are offended. As for the game...Lamar by 30+

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 03, 2015, 01:47:14 am

When did you become a liberal?

tmycjy

Here my prediction Lamar 38 Clarksville 13

Lionheart88

It depends on how much progress Coach Cranor has made, certainly, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for this year.  That's a big hill to climb.

Proud Buckaroo

I think another 0-10 season is in the works.. Just my opinion.

GuvHog

Quote from: macadoshis on August 03, 2015, 06:56:34 am
I want nothing more for the program to get back to where it used to be.  I look forward to seeing where Coach Cranor takes them.  Alot of excitement around here about football again. 

Does Clarksville have another Gary Brashears at QB??

TheTruth2010

I don't think it matters who they're Qb is this year, They won't beat the Warriors.

macadoshis

Watched the red/white game the other night and the Panther offense was pretty impressive.   Schucker really ran a smooth set of plays.  Threw the ball well.  They only ran the ball a couole of times.  My thoughg is that if they dont mix it up then Lamars linebackers will come after him every play.  The defense looked like the weaker side of the ball again this year. Overall the team looks better than last year so they are heading the right direction.

macadoshis

MICHAELSPAPPY

Sounds like here ought to be a huge crowd.

footballone

Now do you know 42 to 12 I would say no

footballone

I think this loss hurt our program just like last year, Lamar could have run the score up both years, it not helping our program getting our butts kicked by a 3a school, we need to play schools in 4a and above

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas