• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Thoughts on DeQueen football next season?

Started by Arkansas8, April 10, 2015, 09:49:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rivalshog on July 18, 2015, 07:05:56 pm
Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 15, 2015, 04:55:42 pm
What other schools have a high Mexican population? Are they any good at football?
Springdale  0-10

Danville made 3a playoffs last year

Rivalshog

Quote from: HF on July 18, 2015, 07:58:48 pm
Quote from: Rivalshog on July 18, 2015, 07:05:56 pm
Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 15, 2015, 04:55:42 pm
What other schools have a high Mexican population? Are they any good at football?
Springdale  0-10

Danville made 3a playoffs last year
Danville has won 9 games in 3 years and were pretty bad last year.  It would be a little easier for them because the Mexicans can compete better in 3a compared to 5a.  They play in a slow white conference, DeQueen isn't that lucky

sevenof400

Let's get one thing straight - not all Hispanics are Mexicans. 

Rivalshog

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 19, 2015, 07:45:27 pm
lets get another thing straight.  99 percent of the Hispanics in dequeen are Mexicans.  Go take your politically correct self and vote for that joke Hillary.

rapstr

You guys sound like a bunch of racist people. When did it matter what ethnicity makes up a school or team doesn't matter. And I noticed that Rivalshog doesn't have a place in 5A football haha that'sfunny wish I still played football and saw that post.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Rivalshog on July 19, 2015, 10:38:45 pm
lets get another thing straight.  99 percent of the Hispanics in dequeen are Mexicans.  Go take your politically correct self and vote for that joke Hillary.

And you know this information how, Rivalhog?    You know where 99% of all the population of Hispanics in DeQueen were born??     You've seen their Birth Certificate or where they moved from??     

sevenof400

Read more....read a lot more....before you jump to conclusions like that one. 

MDXPHD

lets get another thing straight. 99 percent of the Hispanics in dequeen are Mexicans.  Go take your politically correct self and vote for that joke Hillary.

I am not certain, but I would be willing to bet that this just isn't true.

Quote from: rapstr on July 19, 2015, 11:48:51 pm
You guys sound like a bunch of racist people. When did it matter what ethnicity makes up a school or team doesn't matter. And I noticed that Rivalshog doesn't have a place in 5A football haha that'sfunny wish I still played football and saw that post.

We weren't trying to turn this into a racist thread...but the demographics are going to come up when we discuss sports.  DeQueen has a great soccer program, primarily because of their massive Hispanic population. Some people think this may hurt their football program, but it isn't because they are a racist.

Beaver Fever

A lot of them may not have a birth certificate.
People act the the term Mexican is racist, if someone calls me American I don't get upset. 

Lionheart88

Sure, but what if you were English, Canadian, or Australian?  A number of those kids are from other Central and South American countries, like El Salvador, Costa Rica, Colombia, Honduras, Guatemala, etc.

Rivalshog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 20, 2015, 04:35:57 pm
Sure, but what if you were English, Canadian, or Australian?  A number of those kids are from other Central and South American countries, like El Salvador, Costa Rica, Colombia, Honduras, Guatemala, etc.
Nope, most are from straight Mexico or were born in America and parents were from Mexico. 

Lionheart88

July 21, 2015, 01:36:59 pm #61 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:41:53 pm by Lionheart88
Most, sure, but there are a number that are from other places.

One example, from an exchange on this site's soccer boards a few months ago:

Quote from: Leopard on May 19, 2015, 02:37:50 pm
Quote from: ARSoccer25 on May 18, 2015, 06:35:59 pm
Quote from: Leopard on May 18, 2015, 04:28:55 pm
Quote from: ARSoccer25 on May 17, 2015, 12:15:34 pm
DeQueen's best player, the best player I have seen in 5a by far, was out the whole tournament with a MCL tear. They are dominant with him. He just takes over games.  Without him they are good but no where near the same level. I know he has been offered by several D1 schools.  People that have seen him play know. #37 Estivan Garcia
I believe he is actually planning to attend the university of Memphis and play soccer there.

That's awesome! Wish he was healthy for the playoffs. Really enjoy watching him play.
Yes and he also went and tried out for a MLS team in Orlando Florida.  I'm not quite sure if they contacted him back or not.  Wish he was healthy also! He has a bright future ahead of him and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here.  I am glad he came to De Queen from Colombia his eighth grade year.  Its been great watching him mature into an excellent player.  Since I do not go to most away games, I was wondering, from yalls standpoint, what defender has been good at stopping him this year and what team has had a great defensive approach.  Obviously maumelle is good and what not, but what other team has been able to slow them down or stop him.
Emphasis mine

MDXPHD

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 21, 2015, 01:36:59 pm
Most, sure, but there are a number that are from other places.

One example, from an exchange on this site's soccer boards a few months ago:

Quote from: Leopard on May 19, 2015, 02:37:50 pm
Quote from: ARSoccer25 on May 18, 2015, 06:35:59 pm
Quote from: Leopard on May 18, 2015, 04:28:55 pm
Quote from: ARSoccer25 on May 17, 2015, 12:15:34 pm
DeQueen's best player, the best player I have seen in 5a by far, was out the whole tournament with a MCL tear. They are dominant with him. He just takes over games.  Without him they are good but no where near the same level. I know he has been offered by several D1 schools.  People that have seen him play know. #37 Estivan Garcia
I believe he is actually planning to attend the university of Memphis and play soccer there.

That's awesome! Wish he was healthy for the playoffs. Really enjoy watching him play.
Yes and he also went and tried out for a MLS team in Orlando Florida.  I'm not quite sure if they contacted him back or not.  Wish he was healthy also! He has a bright future ahead of him and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here.  I am glad he came to De Queen from Colombia his eighth grade year.  Its been great watching him mature into an excellent player.  Since I do not go to most away games, I was wondering, from yalls standpoint, what defender has been good at stopping him this year and what team has had a great defensive approach.  Obviously maumelle is good and what not, but what other team has been able to slow them down or stop him.
Emphasis mine

Colombians are Mexicans to rivalshog

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Rivalshog on July 20, 2015, 05:57:15 pm
Nope, most are from straight Mexico or were born in America and parents were from Mexico.

Still irrelevant to the fact that you do not personally know each of those families in DeQueen to be claiming "most" all are in fact from Mexico.  It's kind of disrespectful.  You paint with a broad brush.....and it also doesn't deserve the blame for the lack of wins in DeQueen Football....plenty of kids to go out and compete.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Rivalshog on July 20, 2015, 05:57:15 pm

<insert Eso Es Racista.gif here>

You forgot something.

Okieback

Okieback

Great in soccer and powerlifting. And decent most of the time in cross country.

Okieback

So they played 5 schools in junior hi that they play In hs, and played mena twice..

Youngsta71701

Nope!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on July 24, 2015, 08:30:56 am

Nope!

I would like to have one of their kickers though!

sevenof400

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on July 24, 2015, 08:34:11 am

Nope!

No thoughts but yet you're now quoting yourself.

Something seems amiss here....  ;D

You are correct about the leg strength of the futbol players though - DeQueen should have some excellent kickers.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 24, 2015, 09:45:45 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on July 24, 2015, 08:34:11 am

Nope!

No thoughts but yet you're now quoting yourself.

Something seems amiss here....  ;D

You are correct about the leg strength of the futbol players though - DeQueen should have some excellent kickers.

You got me!... ;D I guess I have to admit that I did at least think about their kickers...lol

Wahls

lets get another thing straight.  99 percent of the Hispanics in dequeen are Mexicans.

Not even close "homie"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas