• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Hill

Started by phdefense, December 13, 2014, 02:55:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

Quote from: The_Pioneer on January 31, 2015, 06:15:44 am
Maybe he's just tired of getting his whuppins from King....

Hay chris hill is 2-3 as far as I know with king

Morrilton 31-8 W in the simi finals
WYnne.   37-8 L reg. season
WYnne.    40-27 W reg. season
WYnne     12-37 L reg. season
WYnne      28-34 L reg season

Loyalfan1

What do the Jackets have coming back for the fall?

playmaker04

He's got a big senior class and one of the top running backs in 5a coming back from injury in Antonio Davis. He's not going anywhere.

Intelligentsia

May be a great game at Pioneer Stadium this year.  Home field advantage for a young Batesville team vs a more veteran Wynne squad.  What a great match-up each year.  Two well-coached teams with great tradition playing the last few years for the district championship and even more importantly, for extended home-field advantage in the playoffs.

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on December 15, 2014, 11:07:39 am
Quote from: PercussionMan on December 15, 2014, 10:14:41 am
Quote from: Pantherdaddy on December 14, 2014, 06:53:35 pm
Also heard rumor of possible position at Harding University

OC position that was rumored has been filled.

He was talking with the Harding coaches but not for a job. It was in regard to learning some of there tripple option offense. He is interested in adding a new rinkle to his playbook.
He's not adding a wrinkle lol he's changing his offense since he doesn't have a passing QB anymore. If you ask me Hill is in panic mode if he's going to change his spread offense completely to a triple option offense just because he doesn't have a passing threat as a QB. That's why I would not be surprised one bit if he decides to leave once again like he normally does the rumors are true, he's on the hunt.

Chip

I'm pretty sure Chris is not in panic mode, I've never seen him in panic mode.  He is looking at some options for the upcoming season.  Why try to fit a round peg in a square hole?  He is simply trying to use his personnel to the best of their abilities.  Most coaches wouldn't check their ego to do that. 
I also believe he is not "on the hunt".  Several schools have contacted him to see if he would have any interest.  He's agreed to listen which is what anybody would do in their respective careers.  A couple have even offered him the position and he's turned them down to stay at Wynne, so he's had his opportunity to leave several times and he has not.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 06, 2015, 08:22:32 am
Quote from: wynnefootballfan on December 15, 2014, 11:07:39 am
Quote from: PercussionMan on December 15, 2014, 10:14:41 am
Quote from: Pantherdaddy on December 14, 2014, 06:53:35 pm
Also heard rumor of possible position at Harding University

OC position that was rumored has been filled.

He was talking with the Harding coaches but not for a job. It was in regard to learning some of there tripple option offense. He is interested in adding a new rinkle to his playbook.
He's not adding a wrinkle lol he's changing his offense since he doesn't have a passing QB anymore. If you ask me Hill is in panic mode if he's going to change his spread offense completely to a triple option offense just because he doesn't have a passing threat as a QB. That's why I would not be surprised one bit if he decides to leave once again like he normally does the rumors are true, he's on the hunt.
sigh

FanOfTheSport

Once he finds a place where he can see himself at least staying 4yrs competing for a state championship every year he will leave Wynne. He's a "mover" it's in his blood, not that it's necessarily a bad thing but if you think he will be at Wynne for another 4yrs you're sipping on the wrong look-aid.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 06, 2015, 11:46:03 am
Once he finds a place where he can see himself at least staying 4yrs competing for a state championship every year he will leave Wynne. He's a "mover" it's in his blood, not that it's necessarily a bad thing but if you think he will be at Wynne for another 4yrs you're sipping on the wrong look-aid.

Silly kid.  You've got wishful thinking mixed up with objective fact.

rona

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 06, 2015, 01:51:29 pm
Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 06, 2015, 11:46:03 am

Silly kid.  You've got wishful thinking mixed up with objective fact.

Objective fact is Coach Hill has done a Great Job at Wynne. But will never replace Coach Campbell in the Fan Base Poll. Same for whomever replaces Coach Lunney, Jones, etc. at their respective schools. But he is a Mover and he will move when an opportunity even close to that he has in Wynne comes along and that is not a very tall order.

Chip

Who doesn't move to another job if it presents a chance for you to further your career?   Who doesn't listen to other opportunities when they are presented to them to see what else is out there? He's moved around a lot but you know what?  Schools keep hiring him!  Every job that he's had has been in a better shape than they were when he got there.  He is going on his 5th year at Wynne and he thinks they'll be pretty good again in a year or two (18 starters will graduate this spring)

Loyalfan1

Quote from: Chip on April 07, 2015, 08:20:50 am
Who doesn't move to another job if it presents a chance for you to further your career?   Who doesn't listen to other opportunities when they are presented to them to see what else is out there? He's moved around a lot but you know what?  Schools keep hiring him!  Every job that he's had has been in a better shape than they were when he got there.  He is going on his 5th year at Wynne and he thinks they'll be pretty good again in a year or two (18 starters will graduate this spring)

Every job that he's had has been in a better shape than they were when he got there.  Thats what keeps Coaches like him employable.

tmycjy

All u need to know is Wynne lol lol

Valleysports

FD4

Based on what I have seen and heard (have actually talked to Coach), the man has never been more excited to get a season started.  He has good group to work with and a lot of potential coming up behind this senior class.  Those of us around here that really know what is going on are excited as well.  It's about teaching young guys to be men in the long run.  I might throw this in as well.........back in the Campbell years, Wynne was commonly referred to as "Tail Back High", as in Antonio Warren, DeAngelo Williams and Courtney Williams, not to mention the Terrance guys Garrett and Boyken.  Hint. It's going to be fun to watch. Cant but will have to wait.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on April 07, 2015, 09:40:05 am
Quote from: Chip on April 07, 2015, 08:20:50 am

Every job that he's had has been in a better shape than they were when he got there.  Thats what keeps Coaches like him employable.
Didn't he only have 3 win in two years at Van Buren?

#1jacketfan

I can assure you Coach Hill is not in panic mode...I can tell you that he is very excited about this years group of kids...it will be a young team this year but these kids are very talented and work really hard...should be another great year!

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: #1jacketfan on April 09, 2015, 08:53:20 am
I can assure you Coach Hill is not in panic mode...I can tell you that he is very excited about this years group of kids...it will be a young team this year but these kids are very talented and work really hard...should be another great year!

I agree, I've chatted with a couple of the coaches now and then and they have said the same thing. At the absolute worst" IMHO" the Jackets will be in the second round of the playoffs. Best case, they are a legit contender to return to the rock. Now I said "contender"lol.. there is of course a ton of work and some good teams to get through but it's not unrealistic for this team to get there again.

Chip

Tigerdad, you're right, he did go 3-16-1 in his 2 years in VB.  I live in VB and nobody has really been successful except for maybe Coach Lee in his 3rd year.  The difference there is they were bumped down to 6A and  played in the Central that year and not the 7A West.  They did have some talent that year with Spoon, White, and Snapp.  I know that they implemented a legitimate weight program while Chris was there.  He also wanted to make some changes like changing the period of boys athletics and to make spring sports after school which is what most schools that are competitive year in and year out in football do and restructure the pee wee program, but it didn't happen.
His record over the past 6 years is 62-13 which is pretty good.  VB is just a different animal, just ask any of the coaches who have been there.  It's known as "the best job in the state except for 10 Friday nights!"

#1jacketfan

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on April 09, 2015, 09:26:51 am
Quote from: #1jacketfan on April 09, 2015, 08:53:20 am

I agree, I've chatted with a couple of the coaches now and then and they have said the same thing. At the absolute worst" IMHO" the Jackets will be in the second round of the playoffs. Best case, they are a legit contender to return to the rock. Now I said "contender"lol.. there is of course a ton of work and some good teams to get through but it's not unrealistic for this team to get there again.
I couldn't agree more....I would not be surprised at all!

playmaker04

Wynne switching to a flexbone offense. Those stable of running backs should excel.

Tigerdad2

What did they run before?

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on April 13, 2015, 12:57:55 pm
What did they run before?

Ballanced spread with a run first attitude.

Tigerdad2

So is he going to run the triple option?

Tigerdad2

Hill to Lincoln?
Hill to NLR?

playmaker04

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on April 13, 2015, 04:56:58 pm
So is he going to run the triple option?
looks that way

Okieback

True navy flex bone?
Of Air Force version with some pro I and 1-back zone mixed in?
Or double wing veer with lots of belly, trap, toss, Qb follow, pop passes?

On another note, what kind of town and community is wynne? I know it's on the way to Memphis, and that's all I know .  So please fill me in.
Thanks

Tigerdad2

Harding flexbone , idk if you know much about Arkansas but it's in the Delta

Okieback

I know of Harding , they have been one of the better d2 schools the last 3 -4 years.
Nice weight room too.

FanOfTheSport

He's running the slot slot same thing Paschal ran at Monticello if anyone remembers those days and what he runs at Barton. Lots of mid-line and option as well as buck sweep.

FanOfTheSport

Here is my next question say Hill tries to go to NLR and gets the job who does Wynne hire? Paschal I mean they are going to start running his offense the slot slot now ha! Can't think of a better coach to run that then him.

walkingguy72396

This coming season.  People are going to say Wynne must be recruiting tail backs.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on April 25, 2015, 05:16:34 pm
This coming season.  People are going to say Wynne must be recruiting tail backs.

Shhhhhhhhh

AirWarren

Chris Hill in the running for the NLR head coach. I personally think it will be between he and Van Paschal.

FD4

KWYN announced today on the 10:00am show, Chris was one of the finalists for the NLR job.  They went on to say a few other names as well, and Van was one of them, but indicated there were three applications already in the system at NLR that were being considered as well.  Meanwhile Bobby has a law suite against the NLR School District or Board which ever applies, sighting wrongful conditions in his being released.  Bobby is a great coach and a great person as well.  NLR should reconsider.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Wow...Chris Hill on the move again...why would anyone hire him. Yes he is a good coach but has zero loyalty...

Valleysports

Why would any coach want the challenge of coaching NLR?  Coach Venny, with all due respect - I like the business approach to coaching.  It's a coaching job - loyalty is overrated - ask Bolding....

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 28, 2015, 04:59:57 pm
Wow...Chris Hill on the move again...why would anyone hire him. Yes he is a good coach but has zero loyalty...
Thank you!

Valleysports

He leave your team Tigerdad2?

CathywithaC

Quote from: FD4 on April 28, 2015, 03:26:51 pm
KWYN announced today on the 10:00am show, Chris was one of the finalists for the NLR job.  They went on to say a few other names as well, and Van was one of them, but indicated there were three applications already in the system at NLR that were being considered as well.  Meanwhile Bobby has a law suite against the NLR School District or Board which ever applies, sighting wrongful conditions in his being released.  Bobby is a great coach and a great person as well.  NLR should reconsider.
Bobby coaches at Pine Bluff

Valleysports

Chip

Zero loyalty?  Aren't the contracts the coaches sign yearly contracts?

phdefense

Quote from: FD4 on April 28, 2015, 03:26:51 pm
KWYN announced today on the 10:00am show, Chris was one of the finalists for the NLR job.  They went on to say a few other names as well, and Van was one of them, but indicated there were three applications already in the system at NLR that were being considered as well.  Meanwhile Bobby Brad has a law suite against the NLR School District or Board which ever applies, sighting wrongful conditions in his being released.  Bobby Brad is a great coach and a great person as well.  NLR should reconsider.
FIFY

FD4

Thanks, but the announcement referred to Bobby not Brad, anyone can make a mistake, I may have heard Brad and thought old Staggy was saying Bobby.  Anyway, here in Arkansas most of the time the coach gets to make the decision to leave for another school.  Take a look at Texas High School Football, you don't produce down there, your done after two seasons at any high school the size of Wynne.  So far, nothing has been announced here as to Chris leaving, if he does take that job, I would be one of the first to know through the inside tack.  35 and 6 in four seasons aint too bad.

Lionheart88

If they said Bobby they were wrong.  Bobby is the AD/Head football coach at Pine Bluff.

FD4

Yeah, I never met him on a personal note but did get to watch him coach at Marked Tree a few years ago.  I was sort of helping keep stats for Cross County back then.  Never did know Brad at all.  I knew he was coaching in that area, he took the Stuttgart HC job I believe when he left Marked Tree and then over to PB.  Heck of Coach.  NLR has been doing pretty good as well with Brad too.

MoTownDog

Quote from: playmaker04 on March 13, 2015, 11:31:45 am
He's got a big senior class and one of the top running backs in 5a coming back from injury in Antonio Davis. He's not going anywhere.

Every year Chris seems to have everything, top quarterbacks, top running backs, 30 returning seniors.  Everything except?  Any guesses?

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: MoTownDog on April 30, 2015, 10:22:37 am

Every year Chris seems to have everything, top quarterbacks, top running backs, 30 returning seniors.  Everything except?  Any guesses?

Has he won a State Championship before?

walkingguy72396

All I know is a school in need of a  Head Football Coach.   Would be foolish not to ask Coach Hill if he was interested.

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on April 30, 2015, 10:40:08 am
Quote from: MoTownDog on April 30, 2015, 10:22:37 am

Has he won a State Championship before?
It seems like Wynne is ready for Hill to get out of Wynne actually. Why would they be so high on Hill leaving if he's such a great coach and guy????

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas