• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood

Started by RTF, November 14, 2013, 09:46:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

Baitshop

Quote from: TigerDog on November 14, 2013, 08:17:17 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on November 14, 2013, 04:34:41 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 03:38:23 pm
Ricepig.....Dogs78 is a girl.   

That's not surprising....we need to have an Estrogen board around here...

Back from Sin City?.....Need to plan some grub time.

Tuesday or Wednesday of next week are good for me....PM me and we will firm up a plan...

Baitshop

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 09:16:27 pm
Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 08:02:24 pm
Quote from: Dogs78 on November 14, 2013, 07:38:16 pm
Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 03:45:49 pm

Ok, Ms. Overconfident, then.

That would be Mrs. Overconfident? Naw, not at all. It's pretty much a no brainer.

Speaking of no brains.............

Gee ricepig, it's really unlike you to be so rude.   What's the deal?   You dislike Greenwood that much? 

Quote from: Baitshop on November 14, 2013, 04:34:41 pm

That's not surprising....we need to have an Estrogen board around here...

Lol!!!  We do.  It's called the 7A Board.   I thought maybe you wanted to change your name from the SS Rebs to perhaps the SS Sissies or Rosie Rebs.   What do you think???.......  ;)

^^^I rest my case^^^^

fnu lnu

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 10:19:51 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 09:41:09 pm
I understand that ricepig is a Jonesboro fan and I realize that he must be really worried that they are going to be ones to meet Greenwood in the playoffs instead of Eldo.....is that right?  Or no?  :)

I'm sorry, I missed reading where Greenwood received a 3 round bye.

Hmmph.  It was clearly marked in paragraph 3, on page 42 in xtreme's dissertation.  Chapter titled "Greenwood", Section "Byes".  Footnoted and all.  If memory serves me, the "cite" was Dr. DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIAmBecauseIDon't.  Come on Ricepig.  Ya gotta stay focused. 

ricepig

Quote from: fnu lnu on November 15, 2013, 04:59:12 am
I understand that ricepig is a Jonesboro fan and I realize that he must be really worried that they are going to be ones to meet Greenwood in the playoffs instead of Eldo.....is that right?  Or no?  :)

Hmmph.  It was clearly marked in paragraph 3, on page 42 in xtreme's dissertation.  Chapter titled "Greenwood", Section "Byes".  Footnoted and all.  If memory serves me, the "cite" was Dr. DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIAmBecauseIDon't.  Come on Ricepig.  Ya gotta stay focused. 

Since my kids all grew up, I can't read crayon anymore, must have missed it.

fnu lnu

I got a chuckle out of that one.

7AFBFAN

4 I believe.

RTF

Pr8hd.. i have relatives that did and still do play for Gwood so I do have some affiliation and like to keep up with them. I did not mean to start a feeding frenzy though, my bad lol.

Baitshop

It was on page 1425 of the Obamacare handbook under the section of delusional behavior and narcissism....

Lanny

Quote from: RTF on November 14, 2013, 09:46:56 am
Is there anyone in 6a that can even challenge Gwood this year.. asking because i haven't been paying attention to 6a this year because i figured its already a lock for Gwood
Coach Jones should size for the rings and plan on the championship party.  Everyone else in 6A is playing for 2nd place

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 14, 2013, 01:52:06 pm
Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2013, 12:50:16 pm
The champ will have to go through the South?? How you figure that? Last year, that was the case because Eldo was the defending champ and for the most part the picked favorite to win it again. This year, Greenwood is the defending champ and the very very hands on favorite to win it this year. Also with Texarkana coming to Greenwood in the second round and Pine Bluff coming in the third, it looks like the Southern teams will have to go through the River Valley if they wanna be the champ. Eldo will then have to go through Greenwood for the title.

The road to the title goes through Rick Jones and company until someone comes in and takes it from us. Greenwood will be breaking in a new (but very experienced ) QB next season and a couple of guys on defense. Other than that, 90% of our guys are returning. Greenwood will be a title contender again. Eldo will return all of their sophomores and will be very good next year as well. Gatecrasher has already claimed the 2014 title for Eldo. Nah, Greenwood has one more in them after this year :)

The South will rise again next season. PB should be very solid barring injuries the 12 or sophs playing this year will get even bigger and faster we'll lose 2-3 very good linemen but the OL has been plug and play for us. Several kids could become D-1 prospects. So next season looks to be very competitive in the 6A! But there is a lot yet to be done this season.
Heard that before...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 14, 2013, 02:01:01 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 14, 2013, 01:15:33 pm
I don't think it will be Eldo in the finals...I think it will be Jonesboro...
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 01:19:59 pm
I agree.

Need I remind you that they will have to drive 5 hrs on a banana bus? They also have had a couple of key injuries. 

I know one of you is praying JB can stop us because he doesn't want me to pull up what I predicted and his "boneheaded" responce. LOL!

The other doesn't want me to remind her that she claimed GW would mercy rule us last year in their backyard.

Nevertheless, both are what I call secondary fans. Which means their true team sucks and now they are swinging on Rick.
Speaking of secondary fan...you didn't even come to GW last year to watch Eldo start their basketball season...

Pr8hd

November 15, 2013, 10:51:41 am #62 Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:55:41 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: Baitshop on November 15, 2013, 10:06:38 am

It was on page 1425 of the Obamacare handbook under the section of delusional behavior and narcissism....

Ohh... I found prominent mention of these words by doing a Google search using the key words "Ft Smith Southside Rebels"....had a big loud intro page as well!  ;D

No mention of byes for either teams to the third round though.

MDXPHD

Jonesboro can not beat Greenwood.  Nobody in 6A can.  I will say that PB and Eldo are the closest, and they're far away.  I remember when Greenwood moved up, everyone talked about how they would lose and blah blah blah.  The 6A is week.  Their "top heavy" teams are not very good.  Greenwood will win this years state championship. It's okay to be a fan and support your team, but be a realistic one.

Pr8hd

Quote from: RTF on November 15, 2013, 09:03:58 am
Pr8hd.. i have relatives that did and still do play for Gwood so I do have some affiliation and like to keep up with them. I did not mean to start a feeding frenzy though, my bad lol.

No biggie, and good to hear....just had not seen. It's just getting to comical levels and always turns back to venom between SS/GW at some point. Two or three other threads on on here, started by non Greenwood fans (4th&Goal, Maclin,  even Lanny, etc). It's really pretty funny to see it and become part of it at times. you bite a limb off and lose interest then come back for more later...because some other shark has come in made a new "blood pool".  Boy, Bait did you ever choose the best board name ever the more I visit FF boards.

ricepig

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 15, 2013, 11:11:23 am
Jonesboro can not beat Greenwood.  Nobody in 6A can.  I will say that PB and Eldo are the closest, and they're far away.  I remember when Greenwood moved up, everyone talked about how they would lose and blah blah blah.  The 6A is week.  Their "top heavy" teams are not very good.  Greenwood will win this years state championship. It's okay to be a fan and support your team, but be a realistic one.

I don't recall saying Jonesboro, or anyone could beat GW,, but I also don't believe it is a no brainer, like that Diehard? There is no telling what can happen in the next 4 weeks, that's the reason we play  the games.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2013, 11:57:00 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 15, 2013, 11:11:23 am

I don't recall saying Jonesboro, or anyone could beat GW,, but I also don't believe it is a no brainer, like that Diehard? There is no telling what can happen in the next 4 weeks, that's the reason we play  the games.
There are no gimmies anymore...good point. I believe that Jonesboro proved that in baseball last year...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas