• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Region & State Tournament Results for 2015

Started by 3 Dollar, May 10, 2015, 07:03:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukon Cornelius

1-Adam-12

May 15, 2015, 06:05:47 pm #51 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:09:07 pm by 1-Adam-12
Quote from: fastpitchcoach0104 on May 15, 2015, 05:12:51 pm
Quote from: phstiger on May 15, 2015, 05:04:45 pm
That's just it...they shouldn't have to pick. The AAA has the calender set well before hand. The administration knows the schedule. They either dropped the ball on this or they don't care. Either way, it's a shame and not fair to the coaches or the kids.

Genoa (3A) is in the same boat. We have 3 seniors that are missing their graduation tonight to be in Harrison to play tomorrow. Its a horrible position to put both the seniors and coaches in! Its a once in a lifetime experience. But I am told that its not an uncommon position, many higher classifications have had this happen too.

This happened to Booneville in 4A last year.  We had one senior. With state in Monticello, no way she could have made it back. The girl said she would rather play.

The admin held a special ceremony just for her before we left so she was able to walk and also play the game.

NEASPORTSFAN

At least they tried to make it right. Kudos.

1-Adam-12

May 15, 2015, 06:21:22 pm #53 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:29:06 pm by 1-Adam-12
And it could have happened again had we played any later game yesterday than we did (12:30 game).  This time, one of the girls (starting left fielder) was the valedictorian so would have had to be back in Booneville for her speech.  The other two would have played out of necessity. (We finished the season with 11 players.)

As it was we lost so there was disappointment there, but everyone got back in time for the ceremony.

True Fan

We had an academic signing at the pavilion behind the concession stand for our two seniors Friday after our game. :)

My girl would have gladly stepped across home to get her diploma if it conflicted. Of course, she's no valedictorian. I don't think that the salutatorian has to give a speech. ;D

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Then there was 4. Who you think will make it to the finals?
I'll take Foreman & BIC

Sweet

I'm curious as to what happened to get Johnny Law on the field in Foreman - Midland game.

NEAsupporter

The south, once again, has 3 of the 4 teams in the Final Four.

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: Sweet on May 15, 2015, 10:54:54 pm
I'm curious as to what happened to get Johnny Law on the field in Foreman - Midland game.
Midland parent bowed up on ump on the field, don't think any punches were thrown.

CMhawgtracks

Springhill up 3-0 on Foreman, top of fourth

MHSmustangs

Fans got upset over inconsistent calls as well as the ump not delaying the game for the pouring down rain. The score was tied in the 4th inning 2 to 2. Midland was in the field during the pour down. Rather than stopping play it was allowed to continue. The pitcher could not grip the ball. It was quit evident. This was allowed to continue to the point of loading the bases and to get a 3-0 count on the next batter. When the tournament director came down he helped get it stopped and said that he was sorry it was the plate umps call. After play resumed the batter walked scoring a run. The pitcher struck out the next batter.

When the girls work so hard to get to this point emotions run high when you don't feel like you don't feel like the girls are getting a fair chance. The parent was just sticking up for the girls that he felt were being cheated out of a fair chance.

Weather shouldn't be a deciding factor in games that are this important.

CMhawgtracks

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Well I missed the 1st one. Hope I don't miss the 2nd. Lets go Lady Stangs!!

NEASPORTSFAN

CMhawgtracks

NEAsupporter

Top of 7: BIC 4 PC 1. Come on BIC, finish it!

Bwana

Quote from: MHSmustangs on May 16, 2015, 12:08:34 pm
Fans got upset over inconsistent calls as well as the ump not delaying the game for the pouring down rain. The score was tied in the 4th inning 2 to 2. Midland was in the field during the pour down. Rather than stopping play it was allowed to continue. The pitcher could not grip the ball. It was quit evident. This was allowed to continue to the point of loading the bases and to get a 3-0 count on the next batter. When the tournament director came down he helped get it stopped and said that he was sorry it was the plate umps call. After play resumed the batter walked scoring a run. The pitcher struck out the next batter.

When the girls work so hard to get to this point emotions run high when you don't feel like you don't feel like the girls are getting a fair chance. The parent was just sticking up for the girls that he felt were being cheated out of a fair chance.

Weather shouldn't be a deciding factor in games that are this important.
No excuse for that type behavior.. Unless a parent is asked to come onto the field for an injury to their kid they should never under any situation be on the field.. That's totally uncalled for.. And this time of year weather is a deciding factor in most games..

beastmode00

CMhawgtracks

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Great win Bic!!! Now on to the Championship!

the dude

To bwana if the umps can't take the heat they need to get out of the kitchen. Also u need to keep ur remarks to yourself unless u were there. Midland got a raw deal all the way through the game, had a Wana b calling behind the plate and nobodies behind 1st and 3rd. When u make it this far umping should not b the deciding factor. Also theres no telling how many highschool softball games I have watched this time of year and weather is rarely a factor but when it is u need umps that r mentally capable of making unbiased decisions that will not affect either team. So next time watch the game before u add ur 2cents.

Bwana

May 17, 2015, 11:41:33 am #71 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:20:28 pm by Bwana
Aw dude.. I've watched games where it was so cold you couldn't wear enough clothes to stay warm and it does effect the bats and balls and the players on the field.. I've watched games where it was so windy fair balls were blown foul and foul balls were blown fair and routine balls to the outfield were pushed over the fence for homeruns.. I've seen fog roll in to the point you couldn't see the light poles and the outfielders were just a blur and fields so wet the ball would float and there was no traction on the grass.. At the end of the games they still went in the books as a W or L.. Adapt and overcome.. If fans want to stand behind the fence and kick and scream and be an embarrassment to their teams and communities then so be it but once they set foot on a playing field they have crossed the line and should be banned from future events.. As I said before there is no excuse for that type behavior from fans/parents.. I don't go to games to be seen or heard or to become a distraction to the game being played, how about you??

old dawg

I have to say... To me the weather did have an impact on the game but it really only cost midland one run. The umpires seemed to allow the game to continue because the pitcher seemed to have no problem with the footing. Player safety is first and foremost. Midland coach should have addressed the possibility that the rain was causing a problem on the rubber. The foreman pitcher had little problem with her footing but that has a lot to do with her style. The rain definitely had an impact on the midland pitcher because she could not get the spin she needed.  With all that said... I was impressed by the level of play by both teams... That catcher from midland plays with tenacity. I wish both teams good luck next year.

searkhogfan

Quote from: the dude on May 17, 2015, 10:03:42 am
To bwana if the umps can't take the heat they need to get out of the kitchen. Also u need to keep ur remarks to yourself unless u were there. Midland got a raw deal all the way through the game, had a Wana b calling behind the plate and nobodies behind 1st and 3rd. When u make it this far umping should not b the deciding factor. Also theres no telling how many highschool softball games I have watched this time of year and weather is rarely a factor but when it is u need umps that r mentally capable of making unbiased decisions that will not affect either team. So next time watch the game before u add ur 2cents.

The exact same thing happened to Woodlawn in '13.  It was also at Norphlet in the quarter finals playing Magnet Cove. MC scored their runs in the rain when our 9th grade pitcher couldn't hold on to the ball.  The umps refused to stop the game until the damage was done.  And you'll never see any worse umps than what you'll see in Union County.  But even with all that going on. None of our fans were Ignorant enough to go on the field. That's just Stupid!!

bigboy77

The weather had an effect on both teams not just one

GatorBall

Quote from: bigboy77 on May 17, 2015, 02:18:01 pm

That's right!! Playing conditions were AWFUL but both teams were playing in the same conditions. It probably effected the Midland pitcher a little more because she puts so much spin on the ball. However, it did hurt the Foreman team as well because our pitcher started slowing it down so much in that one inning it was raining so hard just so she could throw strikes and one of the Midland hitters made her pay for it with a 2 run blast. So to make it sound as if the rain was only effecting one team is a little short sighted.

I don't know what AAA says verbatim about rain delays but every game I've ever been to, whether it was football, baseball or softball I've never seen a game delayed because of rain, ever!!! It's only for lightning strikes! We had one delay because of rain and one delay because of lightning so I think the umps did more than what they were even required to do. The game up on the hill, which was only 150 yards away being played at the exact same time, was never delayed because of rain or lightning, the entire time.

Fan9876

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: GatorBall on May 18, 2015, 07:25:00 am
Quote from: bigboy77 on May 17, 2015, 02:18:01 pm

That's right!! Playing conditions were AWFUL but both teams were playing in the same conditions. It probably effected the Midland pitcher a little more because she puts so much spin on the ball. However, it did hurt the Foreman team as well because our pitcher started slowing it down so much in that one inning it was raining so hard just so she could throw strikes and one of the Midland hitters made her pay for it with a 2 run blast. So to make it sound as if the rain was only effecting one team is a little short sighted.

I don't know what AAA says verbatim about rain delays but every game I've ever been to, whether it was football, baseball or softball I've never seen a game delayed because of rain, ever!!! It's only for lightning strikes! We had one delay because of rain and one delay because of lightning so I think the umps did more than what they were even required to do. The game up on the hill, which was only 150 yards away being played at the exact same time, was never delayed because of rain or lightning, the entire time.
the game up the hill was delayed twice for rain and about 5 minutes for lightning, was surprised the umps allowed the game to resume after such a short time, with the strike so close.

LowerAR

As long as the playoff system in AR stays at a single elimination, then the best team will only occasionally be the champion. The better team will win most of the time, but the closer the competition, the better the chance for an upset. It just depends if you like that sort of thing or do you believe the best deserves the trophy. Do you like that someone can steal a game or can you take it when a better team whips you twice. It does make it exciting to think that someone who is hot can win the championship when they lost to another team during the year. Wait one week and line them all up and play it again, probably will not end the same. Not even close. TX has a true playoff system where teams meet every week and play a best of 3. It takes a long time and lots of money that AR will not spend on softball, but we have a champion and they can call themself the best.     

BLUEBLOOD

I do believe in most games, both teams play on the same field....wet, muddy, dry, dusty, fast, slow, rocky.....  Just my experience.

Also, forums are designed so we can all throw our 2 cents in.  LOL.  Player safety is the utmost and I believe the Midland supporter was saying that as far as field conditions.  Nothing threatens player safety like idiots coming onto the playing field!!!  There is no excuse EVER!!!!

Rida4Life

no excuse for a parent to EVER come on to the field.  That's childish behavior and explains why so many kids feel "entitled" these days.  Last time I checked they don't delay a game for one team and not the other so as best I can tell, Foreman was still playing and having to deal with those conditions as well.  Sounds like sour grapes for getting beat to me.

True Fan

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 17, 2015, 01:48:34 pm

The exact same thing happened to Woodlawn in '13.  It was also at Norphlet in the quarter finals playing Magnet Cove. MC scored their runs in the rain when our 9th grade pitcher couldn't hold on to the ball.  The umps refused to stop the game until the damage was done.

C'mon now. That game was 1-0 when they stopped it in the 2nd inning. That run was the only damage and y'all did score one eventually.

The game changer came later in the sunshine after the long delay to get the fields into pretty good shape. We had a runner on second with two outs and y'all intentionally walked that redheaded beast of a pitcher we had. Our sophomore catcher took offense to that and burnt the center fielder to make her point. It scored both runners and that was the difference in the game. The catcher was the one who had scored the first run, as well.

The rain affected the game, no doubt, but the girls decided it. ;D   

searkhogfan

Quote from: True Fan on May 19, 2015, 11:14:36 am
Quote from: searkhogfan on May 17, 2015, 01:48:34 pm

The exact same thing happened to Woodlawn in '13.  It was also at Norphlet in the quarter finals playing Magnet Cove. MC scored their runs in the rain when our 9th grade pitcher couldn't hold on to the ball.  The umps refused to stop the game until the damage was done.

C'mon now. That game was 1-0 when they stopped it in the 2nd inning. That run was the only damage and y'all did score one eventually.

The game changer came later in the sunshine after the long delay to get the fields into pretty good shape. We had a runner on second with two outs and y'all intentionally walked that redheaded beast of a pitcher we had. Our sophomore catcher took offense to that and burnt the center fielder to make her point. It scored both runners and that was the difference in the game. The catcher was the one who had scored the first run, as well.

The rain affected the game, no doubt, but the girls decided it. ;D   

They loaded the bases before they stopped the game due to the rain. You scored 2 as a result of that.  Big Red never threw a pitch in the rain.  Your coach & I discussed the game at Hope at the DMac.  He said had the table been turned, he'd been upset too.  Not saying we'd have won. But the effects of the rain were one sided in that game. 

True Fan

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 19, 2015, 11:34:01 am

They loaded the bases before they stopped the game due to the rain. You scored 2 as a result of that.  Big Red never threw a pitch in the rain.  Your coach & I discussed the game at Hope at the DMac.  He said had the table been turned, he'd been upset too.  Not saying we'd have won. But the effects of the rain were one sided in that game. 

Okay, fine, you're probably closer to the truth than me. I looked back at some old threads. They work a little better than my old memory. I guess her double later just scored the third run. But, I'm gonna continue to disagree about us not playing defense in the rain.

Quote from: searkhogfan on May 11, 2013, 07:44:14 am
Both teams played "D" in the lite rain.

;D

Deluge was the word that you used to describe what y'all played in. I'm just gonna go with a Jerry Clower defense and point out that y'all had the option to have kept batting until the monsoon came. ;D

searkhogfan

Lol.  I'll have to look back at that one.  It wasn't lite the inning I'm talking about.  But if anything made it better.  It was that we played the eventual state champion a good game. Weather & All. 

We were glad y'all won it all, if we couldn't. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas