• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off season

Started by HeberFan, January 16, 2019, 01:47:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Would ya'll rather have a football player be in an off-season weight program, or, play basketball and run track?  I kinda like the multi-sport idea.

RabAlumni

Multi-Sport.... I played Baseball and still did Spring Football, as well as summer off-season workouts during Summer ball. Start looking at all the elite athlete's starting to pop up out there and you will see the majority of them are atleast two sport players, sometimes three sport players.

scrapman

Play other sports and lift weights too.

LeftyWorld

Every situation and kid is different. It is hard to truly answer what is best any particular kid unless you know what their goals are, what they are capable of, what programs they are in or going to be in, etc. I would not send my son to on off season with coaches who did not know how to lift and develop players. I would not send my son to a baseball coach who doesn't know what he is doing and is just there, and I would not send my son to a track coach who sits in the hospitality room all night and just lets his kids go. But if I thought there was a positive for my kid to be apart of any program I would let him be. Just remind him where his priority is and what he is trying to get out of the program he is doing.     

HeberFan

I think "the grind" of off-season football is tough on some. Back in the day, players started two-a-days just a few weeks before the games started.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas