• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 8 (Monday, April 25th thru Saturday, April 30th) results here please!

Started by sevenof400, April 23, 2016, 09:00:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

4A:

Jacksonville Lighthouse VB 6, Riverview VB 1
Central Arkansas Christian VB 2, Centerpoint VB 0
Hamburg VB 4, Episcopal VB 1
Monticello VB 4, Star City VB 1

Brookland VG 4, Mountain View VG 1
Central Arkansas Christian VG 10, Centerpoint VG 0
Monticello VG 6, Star City VG 1
Hamburg VG 7, Episcopal VG 1

5A:

Sylvan Hills VB 3, McClellan VB 2
Beebe VB 5, Fair VB 1

6A/7A:

Fayetteville VG 5, Rogers-Heritage VG 1

Girls SHoccer

hogbert

Badger

MB Hog

PA VG 13 - LR Mills VG 0
* Senior skip day for Mills, so they only had 7 players.  Conference game, so PA secured the mercy rule win, then dropped to 7 players as well.  Mostly bench players at that point, and lots of passing around and passive play to try not to run up the score, but 7 goals were scored in the first 13 minutes... too much time to kill.

PA VB over LR Mills VB by forfeit
* Not enough Mills boys available to play due to senior skip day.

VHSCoach2

Kids taking Senior Skip Day entirely too seriously to let their younger teammates down like that. What a horrible message to send to the younger players.

Where was the coach and/or parent intervention to get their butts to the soccer pitch on game night?

Arbitro

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 29, 2016, 07:08:43 am
Kids taking Senior Skip Day entirely too seriously to let their younger teammates down like that. What a horrible message to send to the younger players.

Where was the coach and/or parent intervention to get their butts to the soccer pitch on game night?
The intervention would have been to get them to attend class.  No classes, no extracurriculars.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Arbitro on April 29, 2016, 07:42:12 am
The intervention would have been to get them to attend class.  No classes, no extracurriculars.

You are completely right, my mistake.  Still, the notion of "Senior Skip Day" is ridiculous all around.

mijally

VHSCoach2

always88

"* Senior skip day for Mills, so they only had 7 players."

I find this hard to justify no matter how you look at it. Kids are already missing school enough as it is without having to have a "skip day", it seems to say that the players were not dedicated to the concept of soccer being a "team" sport. But to each his own, I'm not condemning anyone, just stating my opinion. It was not only a letdown to the younger players, but to the other parents and coaching staff as well.

MB Hog

Ironically, it was Senior Night for the PA soccer team where all the seniors from both the girls and boys teams get introduced between the two games.  In this case, all the seniors were introduced after the girls game... and then we all went home. ::)

chaoslord

Quote from: MB Hog on April 29, 2016, 01:03:31 am
PA VG 13 - LR Mills VG 0
* Senior skip day for Mills, so they only had 7 players.  Conference game, so PA secured the mercy rule win, then dropped to 7 players as well.  Mostly bench players at that point, and lots of passing around and passive play to try not to run up the score, but 7 goals were scored in the first 13 minutes… too much time to kill.

PA VB over LR Mills VB by forfeit
* Not enough Mills boys available to play due to senior skip day.

As a former Mills player, this disgusts me. I know they are the whipping boys for that conference (I think my senior year was the last time the Boys made the playoffs), but... Wow. Unreal.

mijally

Arbitro

Quote from: mijally on April 29, 2016, 10:46:24 am
It's only ridiculous for grumpy old men. Seniors love it.
@chaoslord hardly qualifies as a grumpy old man  ::)

5/3 is Mills' senior night.  Not sure they deserve it.

[edit] and I probably do qualify as a grumpy old man  :)

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Arbitro on April 29, 2016, 11:06:37 am
@chaoslord hardly qualifies as a grumpy old man  ::)

5/3 is Mills' senior night.  Not sure they deserve it.

[edit] and I probably do qualify as a grumpy old man  :)

I hope I don't qualify, since I graduated high school in 2009. I knew there was a Senior Skip Day. Didn't participate.

Badger

hogbert

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 29, 2016, 11:54:21 am
I hope I don't qualify, since I graduated high school in 2009. I knew there was a Senior Skip Day. Didn't participate.

outstanding response to skip boy advocate. kudos to you.

chaoslord

VHSCoach2

Vilonia at Clarksville JVB, VG, and VB all postponed from tonight to Wednesday, May 4th.

Lionheart88

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 29, 2016, 11:54:21 am
My mother would've taken it out of my hide if I'd ever skipped school for any reason other than being too ill to get out of bed.  And she taught at the high school, so you can bet she'd have known by 2nd period if I wasn't there.

mijally

Quote from: hogbert on April 29, 2016, 12:19:24 pm
outstanding response to skip boy advocate. kudos to you.
"Outstanding response". Fabulous. Beautiful. Lol. What's wrong little Hoggie. You too goody boy to skip school.

MB Hog

Quote from: mijally on April 29, 2016, 03:34:11 pm
"Outstanding response". Fabulous. Beautiful. Lol. What's wrong little Hoggie. You too goody boy to skip school.
I guess we know who was a bully in high school.

mijally

Quote from: MB Hog on April 29, 2016, 05:12:10 pm
I guess we know who was a bully in high school.
Not quite. My Sr Skip Day 6 of us went to St Louis for a Friday night and Saturday afternoon baseball game at Busch Stadium. Awesome time. All my siblings had a skip day and so did my son last year. You guys are the first people I ever heard of that didn't.

onewildrice

hogbert

Quote from: mijally on April 29, 2016, 03:34:11 pm

actually was kicked out of my high school. knifed a guy. so while you were playing with your boyz in St. Louis, I was in juvy.

did get my GED though.

Badger

Sir Alex

Quote from: hogbert on April 29, 2016, 07:48:54 pm
actually was kicked out of my high school. knifed a guy. so while you were playing with your boyz in St. Louis, I was in juvy.

did get my GED though.

Didn't realize Privates offered a GED program. 😀

AirWarren

did get my GED though.

Awesome story.

sevenof400

did get my GED though.

..via correspondence course though....right?    :)

hogbert

Quote from: Sir Alex on April 30, 2016, 07:44:15 am
Didn't realize Privates offered a GED program. 😀

Oh yeah, they just let us recruit our own test takers. :)

hogbert

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 30, 2016, 07:58:16 am

..via correspondence course though....right?    :)

Yep. And no #2 pencils for me. I preferred red crayon. :)

Badger

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas