• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjack Soccer

Started by AirWarren, December 19, 2015, 10:02:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

I have only been to one Lumberjack soccer game and that was the playoffs at Burns park. I'm not sure how many people turn out to the home games.

Jack1990

We counted right at 200 when we played Lisa Academy last week.

AirWarren

200. Wow. That's not bad. I was expecting lower.

Jack1990

Got Malvern at home tonight. 

VG at 5:00 and VB at 7:00.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on March 29, 2016, 09:47:27 am
Got Malvern at home tonight. 

VG at 5:00 and VB at 7:00.

Keep us updated.

SportsDad

LadyJACKS defeat Malvern 4-0

JACKS defeat Malvern 8-1

Warren dominated both games, with boys applying the mercy rule the entire 2nd half.

Next game against Hermitage was originally scheduled for this Friday, but may be moved to next Monday.

AirWarren

Man, those boys are putting up some goals.

Galan

It'd be very nice to have a pep band at soccer games, but with all these rules we have it seems impossible to bring atmosphere to Arkansas high school soccer

Arbitro

Quote from: Galan on March 31, 2016, 02:13:39 pm
It'd be very nice to have a pep band at soccer games, but with all these rules we have it seems impossible to bring atmosphere to Arkansas high school soccer
There are rules that prevent pep bands?

Romeo

It looks like the girls team is close to competing with teams like CAC.

chaoslord

Quote from: Galan on March 31, 2016, 02:13:39 pm

Har-ber had a drum section at times in the past. Well, at least once, anyway. Made those games a lot of fun!

Arbitro

Quote from: chaoslord on April 01, 2016, 09:11:14 am
Har-ber had a drum section at times in the past. Well, at least once, anyway. Made those games a lot of fun!
Monticello had a trio of trombone players for a game or two some years back.  They were fun too.

razorback

Warren vs Hermitage has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 5 in Hermitage.  Girls at 5 boys at 7pm.  Go Jacks!

SportsDad

JACKS and LADYJACKS dominate Hermitage tonight.
Both win 7-0 with mercy rule in effect the entire 2nd half.

Play at Hot Springs on Friday in nonconference game.

mijally

I imagine that will be a fun game to see. I'll be curious to hear a breakdown of how the game went Friday night.  Any predictions?

SportsDad

It should be a very close game. HS has one of the best players in the state (according to those who have watched him) and Warren is very solid on both offense and defense. Warren has a couple of great players as well, so it may come down to keeper play and the team that makes the fewest mistakes on defense. I will try and update at the game as much as possible on Friday night.

mijally

Quote from: SportsDad on April 06, 2016, 09:05:31 am
It should be a very close game. HS has one of the best players in the state (according to those who have watched him) and Warren is very solid on both offense and defense. Warren has a couple of great players as well, so it may come down to keeper play and the team that makes the fewest mistakes on defense. I will try and update at the game as much as possible on Friday night.
Thanks. I've kept watch on Warren the last 4 years and watched their success run a similar course with Maumelle.

AirWarren

Very exciting year for lumberjack soccer. This could be the year one of the team's brings home a state title.

AirWarren

It appears that some of Warren's top scorers are Sophomores.

Jack1990

Warren VB - 3
Hot Springs VB - 2
FINAL

SportsDad

Great game!
If not for some great saves by the HS keeper, JACKS win easily.
JACKS control the ball for the vast majority of the game. Daniel M scored two goals, Javier scored on a header!
GREAT win over a very good team!

AirWarren

GO JACKS!!! Love to hear this.

razorback

April 08, 2016, 09:23:18 pm #72 Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:41:54 am by razorback
Ladyjacks 3 Hot Springs 0...goals by denisha stallings, hannah richey, and isabel densmore, strong defensive performance by Anne yepes and Taylor Domineck

AirWarren

Romeo

April 08, 2016, 10:36:55 pm #74 Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:39:25 pm by Romeo
Hearing Densmore is like Megan Rapinoe in terms of assists. I see rings in the future.

razorback

Warren vs Monticello tonight has been cancelled.

Jack1990

April 14, 2016, 09:04:19 pm #76 Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:23:52 pm by Jack1990
Warren VB - 7
Stuttgart VB - 2
FINAL

Warren VG - 7
Stuttgart VG - 1
FINAL

AirWarren

Boom. Keep pushing along toward that title.

WPWells

Romeo

Both boys and girls teams ranked number one in 4A Maxpreps rankings.

SportsDad

Next week, the JACKS host LR Episcopal, which will be the toughest conference game for both teams yet. The boys still have to play Hamburg, which is very good... but if the girls win, that should basically wrap up the conference title.

Both teams need a great crowd Tuesday night at home.

On Friday, the JACKS host DeQueen, which both teams beat earlier in the season. This will be a great non-conference game that local fans, even if those that know nothing about soccer, should turn out to watch.

Last night at Stuttgart, both teams dominated the Ricebirds. I don't have stats for the girls game, other than the score, but for the boys game I can tell you the JACKS had 34 shots on goal to 5 shots on goal for the birds.

Daniel M. had three goals and an assist in the game, which seems to be the normal thing for him to do lately.

Also, the JACKS continue to face a stacked defensive box, with as many as 10 players within 25 yards of the goal on a consistent basis due to their great ball control. Because of their ball control, the defense, which is also very good, does't really see many scoring threats throughout most of the game.

If folks that live in the Warren area are not aware, they are missing out on a chance to see some very good soccer being played by both the boys and girls teams.

Arbitro

Quote from: SportsDad on April 15, 2016, 08:44:42 am
On Friday, the JACKS host DeQueen, which both teams beat earlier in the season. This will be a great non-conference game that local fans, even if those that know nothing about soccer, should turn out to watch.
DeQueen must be serious about working their way back into shape to try to defend their title.  A 3+ hour drive for a non-conference game this late in the season is unusual.
Last night at Stuttgart, both teams dominated the Ricebirds. I don't have stats for the girls game, other than the score, but for the boys game I can tell you the JACKS had 34 shots on goal to 5 shots on goal for the birds.

Also, the JACKS continue to face a stacked defensive box, with as many as 10 players within 25 yards of the goal on a consistent basis due to their great ball control. Because of their ball control, the defense, which is also very good, does't really see many scoring threats throughout most of the game.

Stuttgart boys did a good job of defending for much of the first half through a combination of an aggressive offside trap and excellent defensive speed on the flanks.  The line was much higher than 25 yards out, at least for the first half.  Warren made some adjustments late in the first half by making better timed runs that were more central, and Stuttgart was unable to adapt.  In the second half Warren took complete control, in part because the Stuttgart players were tired and no longer able to counter Warren's skill with speed.  It was a better game than the final score indicates - at least for the first 40 minutes.

SportsDad

the speed of Stuttgart's defensive back four was excellent... probably the fastest Warren has faced all year... the game was much closer than expected during the first half, because of their ability to recover so quickly. But as you saw, the patience and ball control of the JACKS is unusually exceptional at this level in high school.

Stuttgart has the athletes and speed to compete with anyone, just needs a few more skill players to help with ball control. Once they develop those types of players, watch out!

As far as conference opponents go, I think Stuttgart played the best first half Warren has faced so far this year, but just got tired from ball chasing in the second half.

AirWarren

razorback

Warren vs Episcopal tonight has been cancelled, just too wet!  No make up date has been announced yet

soccerjunkie

Quote from: razorback on April 19, 2016, 01:14:17 pm
Warren vs Episcopal tonight has been cancelled, just too wet!  No make up date has been announced yet

I have heard Episcopal field is playable and discussions are being held about moving game and not canceling

soccerjunkie

Quote from: soccerjunkie on April 19, 2016, 02:16:49 pm
I have heard Episcopal field is playable and discussions are being held about moving game and not canceling

Game canceled

MB Hog

Quote from: soccerjunkie on April 19, 2016, 02:16:49 pm
Do they have a grass field?  Or is it turf and too much standing water?

razorback

Episcopal has a grass field as does Warren.  I think both teams would like to play in better conditions than a wet field as this is one of the better conference matchups in the 4A-4 division year in and year out.

MB Hog

Quote from: razorback on April 19, 2016, 02:43:41 pm
Episcopal has a grass field as does Warren.  I think both teams would like to play in better conditions than a wet field as this is one of the better conference matchups in the 4A-4 division year in and year out.
Yep - hard to play good soccer in the mud!

AirWarren

Hopefully Warren's new turf for next season will help with these situations in the future.

mijally

Quote from: razorback on April 19, 2016, 02:43:41 pm
That's too bad. Episcopal has one of the coolest fields in Central Ar in my opinion. The bottom of Cantrell hill in Midtown with the Little Rock skyline in the background. I always enjoyed watching games there.

AirWarren

Yeah, I would head over there to watch that game if they were playing up here.

AirWarren

The matches with DeQueen this Friday is going to be HUGE. Heck, my dad just told me he may even go, haha.

Jack1990

Matches between DeQueen and Warren Friday have been cancelled. 

AirWarren

Jdhelbig

Quote from: Jack1990 on April 21, 2016, 12:45:09 pm
Matches between DeQueen and Warren Friday have been cancelled.

Is it being rescheduled at all?

SportsDad

Quote from: Jdhelbig on April 23, 2016, 01:54:48 pm
Is it being rescheduled at all?
I do not think it is going to be played, since it is so late in the season and Warren needs to make up 3 conference games in the next two weeks...

this week JACKS play eStem at home on Monday; Monticello at home on Tuesday; at Lake Village on Thursday.

razorback

Both teams play episcopal on may 2nd, agree with sports dad, dequeen game is more than likely not going to happen this year

AirWarren

Quote from: razorback on April 24, 2016, 07:50:18 pm
Both teams play episcopal on may 2nd, agree with sports dad, dequeen game is more than likely not going to happen this year

Is the episcopal game here or in Warren?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas