• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjack Soccer

Started by AirWarren, December 19, 2015, 10:02:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Was wondering if anyone had any insight on what their program is looking like for the 2016 year?

I do know the city and school have teamed up in building a new lumberjack soccer complex. The complex will be located on the grounds of the old jr high school site where the gym is and the the administration building. The neat thing about it is, there will be dressing rooms and a workout facility on site. The field that it will be built on is old axley field. A field that myself and a lot of warren alums played pee wee football on, practiced on for Jr Jack football, etc when the school was still there. I know the Locker rooms have been repainted and remodeled. The field is also the old home to lumberjack football before Jim Hurley Jr stadium was built. Looking forward to the Lumberjack soccer complex to be complete. It was be a huge asset to our young and successful program.

sevenof400

That's good news AW - anytime we hear of news fields and/or complexes being built, that's a positive development.  Best of luck to y'all this season!

AirWarren

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 19, 2015, 11:18:35 am
That's good news AW - anytime we hear of news fields and/or complexes being built, that's a positive development.  Best of luck to y'all this season!

I got a good friend who claims any American that claims they like soccer is lying and is a fake fan. I disagree. The sport is growing like a weed in this country and people can't see it they are blind. I can't wait until the complex is done.

The Coach

December 20, 2015, 09:33:52 pm #3 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:37:34 pm by The Coach
I believe Warren returns the majority of the team from a year ago. I know they play Danville March 1st at Burns Park and Dardanelle March 4th at Burns. Should be 2 good games right there. I know Dardanelle returns 9 starters off their semi-final team so they should have a solid team again hopefully. Danville returns 5 or 6 starters I'm not sure exactly. I know they had a few exchange students last season and a few other SR's.

AirWarren

Great news. Thanks for the update. May try to make those matches.

AirWarren

SportsDad

JACKS beat Dardanelle last night 4-2. Great game that featured two teams that will probably play each other again at some point in the state tourney. Dardanelle scored about five minutes into the game, Warren responded about two minutes later. Warren added two more goals before halftime to take a 3-1 lead. Warren had nine shots on goal, while Dardanelle only had 3 shots on goal in the first half. In the second half, Dardanelle scored again, while Warren answered with a goal on a penalty kick at the 37 minute mark in the second half. Dardanelle outshot Warren 15-6 in the second half. The game got little chippy in the second half, with four yellow cards on Warren and one red card, while Dardanelle had four yellows, including one on the coach. Warren plays at Star City next Monday, 3/7/16.

AirWarren

I like that update. Yellow cards. Red card. Looks like Warren is carrying on the tradition of sending Dardanelle packing with their scaly tails tucked. Like in football.

Go jacks!!!

The Coach

March 05, 2016, 07:25:26 pm #8 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:38:32 pm by The Coach
Quote from: SportsDad on March 05, 2016, 06:33:08 pm
JACKS beat Dardanelle last night 4-2. Great game that featured two teams that will probably play each other again at some point in the state tourney. Dardanelle scored about five minutes into the game, Warren responded about two minutes later. Warren added two more goals before halftime to take a 3-1 lead. Warren had nine shots on goal, while Dardanelle only had 3 shots on goal in the first half. In the second half, Dardanelle scored again, while Warren answered with a goal on a penalty kick at the 37 minute mark in the second half. Dardanelle outshot Warren 15-6 in the second half. The game got little chippy in the second half, with four yellow cards on Warren and one red card, while Dardanelle had four yellows, including one on the coach. Warren plays at Star City next Monday, 3/7/16.

Center official let the game get away from him at the end. Dardanelle made to many mistakes on defense to win. Especially the first 2 goals. A misclear for the first, and an own goal on the second. Hard to win when you play as poorly on defensive as Dardanelle did but, it's early and they'll get better.

As for Warren they have a solid team and Coach Densmore does a great job. I fully expect these 2 to see each other again down the road. 

SportsDad

Dardanelle looked a step slower than Warren the first half, which may have caused the defensive errors early on. Warren has tremendous speed and ball movement, as was evident in the first half. In the second half, I thought Dardanelle did a better job of ball control and neutralizing the speed of Warren. It was a competitive game that is much needed for both teams early in the year. It is possible that this game was a preview of what we will see in the state tourney.

SportsDad

JACKS defeat Star City 6-2 to improve to 2-0 on the season. JACKS scored 36 seconds into the game and dominated the entire first half, scoring 5 goals on 25  shots while only allowing 3 shots on goal. The mercy rule went into effect 2 minutes into the second half, when the JACKS scored goal number 6 to take a 6-0 lead. At that point, the second string played the remainder of the half, giving up two goals. The JACKS scored their 6 goals on 33 shots, while Star City scored 2 goals on 8 shots. The JACKS play next against Hope in the El Dorado Tournament this Friday, at 5:30pm.

AirWarren

SportsDad

JACKS are scheduled to play Hope tonight at 8:20pm in the El Dorado Tournament.... game will be at the football stadium (on turf), so should not have to worry about cancellation.

Jack1990

Games have been moved.  Boys now play at 3:30 and the girls play at 7:00.

SportsDad

El Dorado Tourney Update:
JACKS will now play against DeQueen at 3:30. These two teams were originally on opposite sides of tourney, but due to cancellations, they will play early. Will try to update score during game...

AirWarren

Keep us updated. Dequeen will be a solid measuring stick of how good we are.

razorback

Ladyjacks also had their time changed too.  They play Hope at 7pm in the El Dorado tournament as well.  Go Jacks!

beach bum

How long are the games in high school soccer in Arkansas? I imagine 30 to 35 minutes for a half so a 60 or 70 minute game?

SportsDad

JACKS beat DeQueen 3-2!!!
Play tomorrow at 12:40

beach bum

Quote from: SportsDad on March 11, 2016, 05:24:33 pm

That is a very impressive win.... great job Lumberjacks!

chaoslord

Quote from: beach bum on March 11, 2016, 04:13:21 pm
How long are the games in high school soccer in Arkansas? I imagine 30 to 35 minutes for a half so a 60 or 70 minute game?

JV are 35 minutes for a half, Varsity are 40. Some non-state tournament games may be shortened to 30 to allow everyone to play multiple games in a single day without being too tired.

beach bum

Quote from: chaoslord on March 11, 2016, 06:12:29 pm
JV are 35 minutes for a half, Varsity are 40. Some non-state tournament games may be shortened to 30 to allow everyone to play multiple games in a single day without being too tired.

TY!

AirWarren

Quote from: SportsDad on March 11, 2016, 05:24:33 pm

Wow. That's a solid win.

SportsDad

JACKS beat Texarkana 4-1
Outshot them 30-1

Will play winner of Hamburg/Hope at 8pm

Jack1990

Warren VG - 1
El Dorado VG - 2
FINAL

AirWarren

Could this be the year the Warren boys win the soccer state title?

Jack1990

Romeo

Beating De Queen says a lot about our talent this year. In years past, we seemed to lack the talent and skill of teams like CAC and Danville. I think we can make it to state this year.

AirWarren

I want a state title in soccer!

SportsDad

Games tonight running long... LadyJacks will play in consolation game at 7:30
JACKS should start at 8:45 against Hope.

both teams play at home next week, Tuesday and Thursday.
The fans at Warren need to come out and watch both the girls and guys play!

AirWarren

March 12, 2016, 07:04:57 pm #30 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:10:25 pm by AirWarren
What's our depth and roster like? How many kids are on the boys team? And who is leading in scores?

Jack1990

Warren VG 4
Hamburg VG 1
Final

Consolation game of the Wildcat Invitational

Jack1990

Warren VB 1
Hope VB 1
Hope wins 4-3 kicks from the mark

AirWarren

SportsDad

Hope matched the JACKS speed very well. I still thought the JACKS were the faster team, but the center official allowed Hope to play very physical, which is not to the JACKS advantage. The game was very competitive with both teams having several scoring opportunities and some great keeper play on both sides. Both teams made their first three PK's, then the JACKS missed their final two shots (both were high and hit the crossbar)... allowing Hope to escape with the win.

AirWarren

Can someone post a schedule for this year? If Warren is playing in central Arkansas I may try to attend.

SportsDad

Quote from: AirWarren on March 14, 2016, 08:36:21 am
Can someone post a schedule for this year? If Warren is playing in central Arkansas I may try to attend.

2016 LumberJack/LadyJack Soccer Schedule

3/1         Danville         NLR (Rained Out/ Waiting for Make-up)
3/4         Dardanelle         NLR
3/8         Star City*         Away
3/11-12      El Dorado Tourney
3/15         LISA Academy*      Home
3/17         White Hall         Home
3/29         Malvern         Home
4/1         Hermitage*         Home
4/5         Estem*            Home
4/8         Hot Springs         Away
4/11         Monticello*         Home
4/14         Stuttgart*         Away
4/19         LR Episcopal*         Home
4/22         DeQueen         Home
4/26         Monticello (girls)      Home
4/26         Gurdon (boys)         Home
4/29         Lake Village*         Away
5/6         Hamburg*         Away

5/12-14      State Tourney at Harrison
5/20         State Final at Fayetteville

*Conference game

Girls games start at 5pm/Boys games start at 7pm

SportsDad

2016 LumberJack/LadyJack Soccer Schedule

3/1         Danville         NLR (Rained Out/ Waiting for Make-up)
3/4         Dardanelle         NLR
3/8         Star City*         Away
3/11-12      El Dorado Tourney
3/15         LISA Academy*      Home
3/17         White Hall         Home
3/29         Malvern         Home
4/1         Hermitage*         Home
4/5         Estem*            Home
4/8         Hot Springs         Away
4/11         Monticello*         Home
4/14         Stuttgart*         Away
4/19         LR Episcopal*         Home
4/22         DeQueen         Home
4/26         Monticello (girls)      Home
4/26         Gurdon (boys)         Home
4/29         Lake Village*         Away
5/6         Hamburg*         Away

5/12-14      State Tourney at Harrison
5/20         State Final at Fayetteville

*Conference game

Girls games start at 5pm/Boys games start at 7pm

AirWarren

Thanks. Lisa academy, Estem, and episcopal would be great games I could attend. Just so happen to be at home!

SportsDad

I will post just as soon as the Danville game gets rescheduled... that should be a really good game!

SportsDad

JACKS beat LISA Academy 7-2
mercy rule went into effect 10 minutes into the second half
six different players scored... two goals off of headers on corners
Daniel Mondragon had two goals and two assists

LadyJACKS beat LISA Academy 6-0 (I think, not sure if it was 6 or 7)
mercy rule went into effect early in second half
Danisha Stallings had four goals for the LadyJACKS

AirWarren

Thanks for the update. Go JACKS!

SportsDad

SCHEDULE UPDATE:
JACKS game against White Hall tonight at home has been moved to tomorrow night (Friday) at White Hall.
Girls play at 5pm; Boys play at 7pm

razorback

Ladyjacks defeat White Hall 3 to 0.  Hannah Richey with a pair of goals and Rosa Bautista added another goal with a perfect header from a beautiful corner kick from Isabel Densmore.  Ladyjacks improve to 6 and 1 on the season.

Lumberjacks defeat White Hall 4 to 0.  Jacks strike on 3 corner kicks and frustrate a speedy White Hall team all night, limiting them to 3 total shots.  Lumberjacks improve to 6 and 1 on the season as well.  Go Jacks!

AirWarren

Romeo

Guarantee that either the boys or girls team will make it to the state championship game.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on March 21, 2016, 11:51:12 am
Guarantee that either the boys or girls team will make it to the state championship game.

Yep. It's going to be fun.

MDXPHD

The girls are gonna have to play some quality opponents to get some recognition though. They have yet to beat a really good team this year, but that may be because they haven't played one. The boys are showing they are worthy of being in that talk, so it will be interesting to see if they meet expectations.

beach bum

The Lumberjacks should be like the Portland Timbers in MLS.... give the kids a chainsaw and let them have some fun when they score goals at home games! I am sure nothing could go wrong there.

JMBknvc

Quote from: beach bum on March 21, 2016, 09:57:34 pm
The Lumberjacks should be like the Portland Timbers in MLS.... give the kids a chainsaw and let them have some fun when they score goals at home games! I am sure nothing could go wrong there.

Well maybe not the players, but that would be a great idea. Think that the high school matches could use a little more atmosphere. Think it would be a good idea for the pep squad, or band to come out and participate.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas