• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Texas Thread

Started by gatecrasher, March 06, 2013, 04:02:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

The Haka is just a gag that the Tongan's from Euless Trinity have been pulling on the "non-islanders" for years....

It is actually the Tongan version of this song....with much bigger and scarier guys... ;)

The bad news for Bennie is that they usually are able to back up the talk....

OPoraquê

Baitshop, I figured that from the New Zealanders who responded to that YouTube video saying: "Write your OWN lyrics if you're going to copy us."

Baitshop

Which week will this game be played in..??

OPoraquê

March 16, 2013, 12:52:32 pm #53 Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:54:53 pm by OPoraquê
Quote from: Baitshop on March 16, 2013, 12:46:34 pm
Which week will this game be played in..??

Third week, baitshop.  They took the spot where South Panola was last year on the BHS schedule (didn't even see this until yesterday).

Barry Lunney, Sr.'s upcoming theme:

Baitshop

Crap....we have HarBer at home that week....if it were week 2, I would have come up, ate at one of the Earl's conglomerate of eating establishments, and caught this game....CRAP!!

OPoraquê

Understood, I may not get to see it as well.  BTW, just joking on Lunney, Sr.  Don't know that BHS will win but I'm the one who'd been saying the past three seasons that it would be good to see Bennie play a Texas team like a Euless Trinity.  And as someone said earlier on this thread BLSr won't schedule a game if he doesn't think he has a chance to win it.

He's worked to schedule the best teams in mid-America these past four years including 2013...hat's off to him.  (And to Fayetteville for being the only team to beat him prior to this year's season (which may be the BHS season some of us were expecting last year...hope not).)

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on March 16, 2013, 12:56:18 pm
Crap....we have HarBer at home that week....if it were week 2, I would have come up, ate at one of the Earl's conglomerate of eating establishments, and caught this game....CRAP!!

So you guys have Eldo and Harber, who do you open up with?

Baitshop

March 16, 2013, 03:55:04 pm #57 Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:03:47 pm by Baitshop
Heritage....yep, it's a murderer's row....

Valleysports

What can't you people used dates?  What is the date of week #3?  I'm looking my work schedule up on this one.

SouthpawSensation

Oddly enough, the season is pushed back a week next season.
Week 3 will be Sept. 20. Keep in mind as well that it will also be the week of Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Northwest Arkansas. The game makes a crazy week even crazier.

RD™

Bentonville will be unmercifully embarrassed.

Billyo62

Quote from: RD on March 17, 2013, 03:01:35 pm

I'm sure that would make everyone happy on here considering only 1 team from the state of Arkansas has beaten Bennie the last 3 years.

olddog79

Sometimes one is all it takes...to be great, you have to win them all.

7AFBFAN

Just curious how many of the other so called "great" Arkansas teams are trying to schedule Bennie? I know the answer.

Billyo62

Quote from: olddog79 on March 17, 2013, 05:42:59 pm

And who has done that in the 7A Lately?  I can name one school.  ;)

7AFBFAN

OPoraquê

March 17, 2013, 07:05:13 pm #66 Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:08:29 pm by OPoraquê
Quote from: RD on March 17, 2013, 03:01:35 pm

In 2010 and 2011 (offensively better teams than 2012, but not trying to take away from the latter) Lunney, Sr./Bennie were locked into two year contracts with NLR, Fort Zumwalt West and Texas High for the non-conference schedule.  However, if in 2010 Lunney would have said, "I want to schedule the #1 and #2 high school football teams in the nation for BHS" he would have delivered on his word, just 2-3 years later.  Trinity started #1 in USA Today rankings and finished described by Rivals as the "best 1-loss team in the nation" (upset in the Texas 5A Championship game by 4 points).  South Panola started #4 in USA Today and ended up #1 both there and on Rivals.  ETHS and SPHS combined for a 30-1 record in 2010.

Someone on the Texas forums said ETHS will be #2 in Texas (unsure of that, but maybe).  SPHS finished undefeated and state champs after coming to Bentonville.  BTW, Tulsa Union went down to D/FW (Cowboy Stadium?) and lost by 3-4 points to Trinity after being beaten in scrimmage by Bentonville, by 2 (which made Rivals put Bentonville in their top 100 from season's beginning).  Maybe it won't be embarrassing, though maybe it won't be a win for Bennie, either.  FWIW, BHS will have about 800 more students than Trinity next September, amazingly.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: ricepig on March 06, 2013, 04:22:06 pm
I wonder if Shilow will give them any tape?

Depends on if Benny wants to know how to take an unmerciful beatdown.

Then again, Shylow is used to it these days.

AirWarren

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 17, 2013, 05:53:24 pm

Fayetteville. The only thing I can say about the 7a is its a watered down conference. Outside of Bentonville and Fayetteville, that is it. Arkansas is too small to truly consider an anomaly school like bentonville to be king. The 7A central sucks. NLR has a glimmer of hope but can't put it together. Then there is the dinosaurs at Cabot, the baseball players at Bryant, and the underachieving Conway. The 7a has the biggest classes but the lowest amount of competition in the state. That's not their fault though. We are a SMALL state outside of NWA and central AR.

This will be a good gauge to see if they can compete with a real big boy TEXAS school. Where they play REAL big boy ball. IF Bentonville beats them, you will never hear me say a down thing about the 7a ever again. Until then, the 7A is the big fish in a little pond here in AR and the 7a is the little fish in the big pond of big time high school football.

Ready for this game!

Billyo62

March 18, 2013, 11:42:46 am #69 Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:44:51 am by Billyo62
Quote from: AirWarren on March 18, 2013, 10:28:03 am

Fayetteville. The only thing I can say about the 7a is its a watered down conference. Outside of Bentonville and Fayetteville, that is it. Arkansas is too small to truly consider an anomaly school like bentonville to be king. The 7A central sucks. NLR has a glimmer of hope but can't put it together. Then there is the dinosaurs at Cabot, the baseball players at Bryant, and the underachieving Conway. The 7a has the biggest classes but the lowest amount of competition in the state. That's not their fault though. We are a SMALL state outside of NWA and central AR.

This will be a good gauge to see if they can compete with a real big boy TEXAS school. Where they play REAL big boy ball. IF Bentonville beats them, you will never hear me say a down thing about the 7a ever again. Until then, the 7A is the big fish in a little pond here in AR and the 7a is the little fish in the big pond of big time high school football.

Ready for this game!

Fayetteville has never won them ALL. In fact Fayetteville has never won a state championship without losing to Bentonville... Think about it.

The Future

Bennie could beat Trinity. They could go 3-0 in noncon. Then go undefeated all the way back to Little Rock. But will they slip and fall again? You can play and beat any team in the nation for 3 weeks then beat any team in the state during the season. But if you don't win your state title because of all it, was it worth it?? I may be speaking way out on a limb here, but is Bennie on the track of becoming more interested in proving a nationally ranked status than becoming 7A champions?? Lets say Bennie goes 1-2 or even 2-1 during noncon. This I'm sure will fuel them even more next year. And what if they win 2 or maybe all 3 games next year?? Itll continue to progress. Eventually, signing top teams and worrying about national rankings will become the number 1 priority.

Bennie, and the rest of the 7A for that matter, can dog teams like Greenwood for not playing quality teams all 3 weeks of noncon and that we "run away" from them when if they call. But whether or not you play a top team or a crappy cupcake, noncon games don't matter when deciding playoff seeds or champions. Last year, Bennie played better quality teams for noncon than Greenwood. Yes its a fact. But another fact for you, Greenwood was able to go all the way. Bennie wasn't. So maybe scheduling teams who are bigger and better than you doesn't always work out does it? Maybe scheduling teams who are pretty close evenly matched so you can have room for your offense to move the ball and not have your defense get run all over is the better way to go.

And to AirWarren, don't go and say that. Whether or not Bennie goes 3-0 or 0-3 doesn't change the fact that the 7A isn't as almighty as they think they are and are closer to being a watered down class than being a dominate godly class.

7AFBFAN

Why would Bennie call Greenwood? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard on here.

ricepig

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on March 18, 2013, 12:30:37 pm
Why would Bennie call Greenwood? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard on here.

To play a baseball or basketball game?

olddog79

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 18, 2013, 11:42:46 am

Ready for this game!

Fayetteville has never won them ALL. In fact Fayetteville has never won a state championship without losing to Bentonville... Think about it.
I know of a team back in '05 that won them all. ;D

The Future

You mean to tell me out of all the absurd things you 7A fans have said and all the crap and bogus statements posted on here, the dumbest you have ever read is Bentonville calling Greenwood for a noncon game?? I don't buy it. Bentonville just doesn't want to deal with the consequences if Greenwood were to beat them.

I think Bennie and Greenwood are closer matched than many people (mostly 7A people) think. I think it would make a great postseason exhibition game.

Remember the last time Greenwood played a 7A noncon game?? First game of the year, we were seeing who fits where best. Contrary to what most people say and believe, Coach Jones don't care about winnin non con games as much as he cares about finding the right combination to win when it counts. Both Harber games, Greenwood couldn't do squat. Couldn't make stops. Couldn't move the ball. We weren't on the field long enough to see who fits where on offense better and our defense kept getting stomped on and we couldn't find anything there. So instead of playing awesome elite teams and seeing how you match up and if you can win, Jones decides to play teams who are closer matched and sees different things.

The system and the way that Jones does his football coaching, yes may not be the most elaborate or may not get him in Sports Illustrated or never make Greenwood a nationally ranked team, but obviously it works. 6 championships in 9 years with 2 undefeated years speaks for itself. Say what you want. Believe what you want. If you wanna believe you are far superior to Greenwood because you play national elite teams and we don't, then go ahead. Come December when Greenwood is playing for and has a great great chance of their historic 4peat and when Fayetteville beats you again at The Rock, its all good in northern Arkansas because Bentonville played 3 elite teams! So it makes them head and shoulders better than the rest of the state.
Plus I mean, come on, youre 7A. So that right there makes all the difference right??

7AFBFAN

Get over yourself. You are using one year to make assumptions that may end up making you look foolish.  Last year GW proved they can play with 7A teams who fielded mediocre to very bad teams while GW fielded one of their best teams ever. Next year we will see the caliber of teams the 7A opponents of GW fields and also see the caliber of team they field. Until then you have the right to beat your chest I suppose but downing Bennie in the process probably isn't necessary.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I hope Bennie beats ET...I will pull for any Arkansas team playing an out of state team with the exception of a Private school...

As a matter of fact I think I can make this game in week #3...

The Future

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on March 18, 2013, 01:42:37 pm
Get over yourself. 1You are using one year to make assumptions that may end up making you look foolish. 2 Last year GW proved they can play with 7A teams who fielded mediocre to very bad teams while GW fielded one of their best teams ever.3 Next year we will see the caliber of teams the 7A opponents of GW fields and also see the caliber of team they field.4 Until then you have the right to beat your chest I suppose but downing Bennie in the process probably isn't necessary.
1 What else am I gonna use? Greenwood and Bentonville have never played, so I can't compare anything to that. I doubt I am looking foolish by saying theres a chance Greenwood could beat Bentonville. Not a beatdown or mercy rule, but a win nonetheless. Same if Bentonville beats Greenwood.
2 Northside- yes a very bad team last year. LR Catholic- yes a mediocre average team. But SS and Conway were by no means mediocre to very bad. You guys can't get on here and claim Greenwood can't beat 2 teams then when we mudstomp them, turn around and say they were average teams.
3 Yes next year we will see. I don't know what Conway and SS are losing or gaining. I know Greenwood loses the corp of our receivers. Thats basically it. Plus both games are on the road, which will make a huge difference. As far as the regular season goes, these 2 teams have the best chance at ending the streak.
4 I am not downing Bentonville. I respect them. I respect the team. Great coach and great program. I'm downing the attitude. The 7A top dogs down Greenwood all the time and no one says anything. We could go 14-0 again this year and still be the 17th best in the state according to 7A. Fay and Bennie find it hilarious to schedule Greenwood as a non con game but at the same time hound us if we don't call to schedule one.
And yes Greenwood fielded one of their, if not the best, teams ever. But guys its just getting started. I'm not saying we will be perfect all the time. We'll have down years and road blocks. But these 2013 seniors were in middle school when Coach Jones got here and started his way of football. These kids who play football in Greenwood are grown up in Jones Football. We will field a great champion quality team 99.999% of the years that Jones is here.

I'm sure the entire state will be behind Bentonville when they play Trinity. Someone needs to step up and fix what Shiloh did a few years back. Bentonville has what it takes to beat them.

Billyo62

Quote from: olddog79 on March 18, 2013, 01:28:38 pm

Ready for this game!

as Bennie did in '10  that's the last one in the now 7A

Billyo62

Quote from: The Future on March 18, 2013, 11:43:03 am
Bennie could beat Trinity. They could go 3-0 in noncon. Then go undefeated all the way back to Little Rock. But will they slip and fall again? You can play and beat any team in the nation for 3 weeks then beat any team in the state during the season. But if you don't win your state title because of all it, was it worth it?? I may be speaking way out on a limb here, but is Bennie on the track of becoming more interested in proving a nationally ranked status than becoming 7A champions?? Lets say Bennie goes 1-2 or even 2-1 during noncon. This I'm sure will fuel them even more next year. And what if they win 2 or maybe all 3 games next year?? Itll continue to progress. Eventually, signing top teams and worrying about national rankings will become the number 1 priority.

Bennie, and the rest of the 7A for that matter, can dog teams like Greenwood for not playing quality teams all 3 weeks of noncon and that we "run away" from them when if they call. But whether or not you play a top team or a crappy cupcake, noncon games don't matter when deciding playoff seeds or champions. Last year, Bennie played better quality teams for noncon than Greenwood. Yes its a fact. But another fact for you, Greenwood was able to go all the way. Bennie wasn't. So maybe scheduling teams who are bigger and better than you doesn't always work out does it? Maybe scheduling teams who are pretty close evenly matched so you can have room for your offense to move the ball and not have your defense get run all over is the better way to go.

And to AirWarren, don't go and say that. Whether or not Bennie goes 3-0 or 0-3 doesn't change the fact that the 7A isn't as almighty as they think they are and are closer to being a watered down class than being a dominate godly class.
Spoken just like the short tough guy on the playground in 5th grade to the 6th graders that aren't there to pound him into the ground!  ;D

Earl is my Hero!!

Coming up on ten years ago Old Dog. Don't you think it's time for some new material?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 18, 2013, 01:48:49 pm
I hope Bennie beats ET...I will pull for any Arkansas team playing an out of state team with the exception of a Private school...

Come on and visit ole Earl!

olddog79

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on March 18, 2013, 03:39:08 pm

Coming up on ten years ago Old Dog. Don't you think it's time for some new material?
Give me a break...it's all I got.

7AFBFAN

The Future, your experience of grading 7A teams is very limited. Catholic fielded their worst team since 7A inception last year by far. Northside fielded their worst team since 7A inception by far. SS and Conway were mediocre in my opinion compared to the normal team they field. Both teams had their moments but they had glaring weaknesses. GW has a top program no doubt and will compete well each year from what I saw last year. I know Drew Morgan shocked me this year and I expect Jones to find another young man to take on his role and if the 7A or any class fields a mediocre team their glaring weaknesses will be exploited. Not that you guys will give any credit but I think you will see better quality teams fielded by SS and NS next year. Can't speak for the others.

Baitshop

Ready for this game!

You do realize how stupid that sounds considering the results of the past two Championship games....

But....since you are throwing soft toss....

-They've never won a Championship without beating Bentonville...

-They've never lost a Championship game....

-They've never choked an undefeated seasons (or two) away in a Championship....

-They've never lost a Championship while rated #1....

You catchin' my drift..??..??

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on March 18, 2013, 05:33:43 pm

Ready for this game!

You do realize how stupid that sounds considering the results of the past two Championship games....

But....since you are throwing soft toss....

-They've never won a Championship without beating Bentonville...

-They've never lost a Championship game....

-They've never choked an undefeated seasons (or two) away in a Championship....

-They've never lost a Championship while rated #1....

You catchin' my drift..??..??
No

Billyo62

It's too bad Bennie didn't schedule Southside this year to open the season, it has been proven to be an easy win for the Tigers.  Got a feeling the Tigers will get spanked before conference starts and maybe that is Barry's plan to get that Undefeated Monkey off our back going into the championship game this year..  3 years in a row the Tigers have entered the championship game undefeated because Arkansas teams have laid down in fear of the Tigers. Rebs...HA  Nevermind, might as well play Rogers to start the season if we want an easy win ....about the same...

7AFBFAN

Surely the Rebs provide better competition than Rogers.

DogsWin7

In restaurants? maybe....... ;)   Greenwood would be a much better opponent.

Baitshop

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 18, 2013, 09:45:50 pm
In restaurants? maybe....... ;)   Greenwood would be a much better opponent.

Give 'em a call....we did, and they "couldn't fit us in"....

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on March 18, 2013, 03:41:08 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 18, 2013, 01:48:49 pm

Come on and visit ole Earl!
I am planning on it Earl. Mansfield is at Mena week #3 and I would love to see BHS's stadium...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on March 18, 2013, 04:34:32 pm
The Future, your experience of grading 7A teams is very limited. Catholic fielded their worst team since 7A inception last year by far. Northside fielded their worst team since 7A inception by far. SS and Conway were mediocre in my opinion compared to the normal team they field. Both teams had their moments but they had glaring weaknesses. GW has a top program no doubt and will compete well each year from what I saw last year. I know Drew Morgan shocked me this year and I expect Jones to find another young man to take on his role and if the 7A or any class fields a mediocre team their glaring weaknesses will be exploited. Not that you guys will give any credit but I think you will see better quality teams fielded by SS and NS next year. Can't speak for the others.
I will agree with what you said about Catholic and Northside, but everyone was touting SS and Conway as the teams to beat in the Central...

AirWarren

Outside of Fayetteville, bentonville, and an occassional NLR team the 7a is horrid Venny!

And you should make a trip to to bentonville to see the stadium. It's really nice.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AirWarren on March 19, 2013, 10:37:44 am
Outside of Fayetteville, bentonville, and an occassional NLR team the 7a is horrid Venny!

And you should make a trip to to bentonville to see the stadium. It's really nice.
Well, I haven't watched Bennie, Fayetteville or NLR...it is obvious they are head and shoulders above the rest...but I did watch SS and Conway and they were loaded with talent but they leave alot to be desired in the coaching area. I think if you put a real good coach at either one of those schools they will do well. Northside will be proof of that the next couple of years I believe...

AirWarren

March 19, 2013, 11:03:43 am #94 Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:06:40 am by AirWarren
Could very well be coaching. I've had the opportunity to see Bennie play as well as Northside. IF Northside can get their roster up to par to the other 7a schools, the coach does well, and the kids respond they can be dangerous. I saw alot of potential talent, size, and speed out there with poor drive and terrible play calling.

I myself have seen what 7a then 5a depth can do to a 3a team with a smaller roster. Warren was up 14-7 at half on Springdale in 2002. At that time the largest school in the state. Our 45 guys to their 90 something took a toll on us in the second half!

GrizzlyBaseball

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 19, 2013, 10:50:16 am
Quote from: AirWarren on March 19, 2013, 10:37:44 am

Well, I haven't watched Bennie, Fayetteville or NLR...it is obvious they are head and shoulders above the rest...but I did watch SS and Conway and they were loaded with talent but they leave alot to be desired in the coaching area. I think if you put a real good coach at either one of those schools they will do well. Northside will be proof of that the next couple of years I believe...
Or in some cases "loaded with talent" but no particular desire to be coached.

7AFBFAN

Diehard, your boys definitely proved too much last year. Not sure I would shout too loud though about that being the case every year. I have seen enough football to know things can change for a team quickly in one direction or another.

Venny you are right they were touted by a few but so was Arkansas in football and baseball. Hype means squat when it comes to keeping score on the field.

AirWarren, I am the first to credit your beloved Warren team when they do something good. Why do you feel it necessary to ALWAYS discredit the 7A? I think teams likes Southside have proved over the years they can field a good team on occasion just like your Warren team does on occasion.

OPoraquê

Ready for this game!

I know one in '10 that did, too.  8)

AirWarren

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on March 19, 2013, 12:21:32 pm
Diehard, your boys definitely proved too much last year. Not sure I would shout too loud though about that being the case every year. I have seen enough football to know things can change for a team quickly in one direction or another.

Venny you are right they were touted by a few but so was Arkansas in football and baseball. Hype means squat when it comes to keeping score on the field.

AirWarren, I am the first to credit your beloved Warren team when they do something good. Why do you feel it necessary to ALWAYS discredit the 7A? I think teams likes Southside have proved over the years they can field a good team on occasion just like your Warren team does on occasion.

Please don't think I'm discrediting. There has been some fantastic big class schools in the past. Bennie and fayetteville. LR central in the mid 2000s, SS dynasty, Springdale before the split,Conway with hillis and brad boldin with NLR.

My point was AR is a small state with a small population. Its an anomoly to have schools the size of central and NWA schools. Its bigger rosters in a small pool so if only two or three teams are dominant its much easier to advance to WMS. Arkansas is a predominant 3-5a school base with a lot of teams to beat. Our playoffs bracket consisted of PG, Malvern, Warren, Nashville, and State champ Stuttgart. Plus some other good teams. All 5 of those teams were favored to win. Plus the other side that was tough.

That is without saying the 7a sucks. Ive seen some dang good football in that league with great facilities, fan base, and great football players. Great coaches with teachable pupils. And that's great!

Billyo62

Quote from: AirWarren on March 19, 2013, 04:22:52 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on March 19, 2013, 12:21:32 pm

Please don't think I'm discrediting. There has been some fantastic big class schools in the past. Bennie and fayetteville. LR central in the mid 2000s, SS dynasty, Springdale before the split,Conway with hillis and brad boldin with NLR.

My point was AR is a small state with a small population. Its an anomoly to have schools the size of central and NWA schools. Its bigger rosters in a small pool so if only two or three teams are dominant its much easier to advance to WMS. Arkansas is a predominant 3-5a school base with a lot of teams to beat. Our playoffs bracket consisted of PG, Malvern, Warren, Nashville, and State champ Stuttgart. Plus some other good teams. All 5 of those teams were favored to win. Plus the other side that was tough.

That is without saying the 7a sucks. Ive seen some dang good football in that league with great facilities, fan base, and great football players. Great coaches with teachable pupils. And that's great!
some how I feel like it may be my fault for your attitude about the 7A..  ;)  Those were the days... :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas