• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A West Region Tournament @ Westside, Johnson County(CoalHill)

Started by HorseFeathers, February 22, 2015, 08:59:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Boys Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Wednesday 5:30)
#1 Eureka Springs HighLanders
vs
#4 Hector Wildcats

Game 2 (Thursday 5:30)
#2 Bigelow Panthers
vs
#3 Decatur BullDogs

Game 3 (Wednesday 8:30)
#1 Conway St Joe Bulldogs
vs
#4 Westside Rebels

Game 4 (Thursday 8:30)
#2 Magazine Rattlers
vs
#3 Western Yell County

Semi Finals

Game 5 Friday 5:30
#1 Eureka Springs Highlanders
vs
#2 Bigelow Panthers

Game 6 Friday 8:30
#1 Conway St Joe Bulldogs
vs
#3 Western Yell County Wolverines

Consolation

Game 7 (Saturday 1:30)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Saturday 7:30)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner #6

Girls Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Wednesday 4:00)
#1 J.C Westside Lady Rebels
vs
#4 Conway St Joe Lady Bulldogs

Game 2 (Thursday 4:00)
#2 Conway Christian Lady Eagles
vs
#3 Hackett Lady Hornets

Game 3 (Wednesday 7:00)
#1 Hector Lady Wildcats
vs
#4 Magazine Lady Rattlers

Game 4 (Thursday 7:00)
#2 Mountainburg Lady Dragons
vs
#3 Quitman Lady Bulldogs

Semi Finals

Game 5 Friday 4:00
#1 J.C Westside Lady Rebels
vs
#2 Conway Christian Lady Eagles

Game 6 Friday 7:00
#1 Hector Lady Wildcats
vs
#3 Quitman Lady Bulldogs

Consolation

Game 8 (Saturday 12:00)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Saturday 6:00)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner game #6

RATTLER43

HorseFeathers

2A-4 East was canceled as well...I have the seedings for it, can someone help me with the West Ones?

sports03

Quote from: HF on February 24, 2015, 08:23:45 pm
2A-4 East was canceled as well...I have the seedings for it, can someone help me with the West Ones?

In boys it is
Eureka Springs
Magazine
Decatur
Westside

Girls
Westside
Mountainburg
Hackett
Magazine

HorseFeathers

Eureka Springs beat Hector by 7...Was a 1 point game with 4 minutes to go...

HorseFeathers

Cogratulations to the Hector Lady Wildcats, who locked up their first state tournament appearance in at least 15 years with the 52-34 victory over Magazine tonight!

WPWells

WPWells

WPWells

Anyone have Mountainburg-Quitman? Only final I'm missing at the moment

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

WYC punches their ticket to state with a 54-45 victory over Magazine..

BBALLFAN#1

Games for tonight have been postponed til tomorrow night due to weather.

WPWells

Thought they were going to play the first one and push the rest back

BBALLFAN#1

That may be true. I just assumed they all would be postponed....

jyd2205

They should all be postponed. Could create a unfair advantage.

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Found it odd that this one was canceled, but tournament at Scranton still played tonight, in front of a packed gym...

azwildcats

eureka bus had to turn around at Winslow due to snow and could not get to jcwestside. Conditions only got worse so good idea to cancel.

fbisgreat

Quote from: HF on February 27, 2015, 11:38:48 pm
Found it odd that this one was canceled, but tournament at Scranton still played tonight, in front of a packed gym...
I agree i don't see how Scranton had there games unless teams were already there.Pottsville played there games but the games at Danville were called off.And i don't see them playing at Danville today it's going to get a lot worse this aftarnoon.

BBALLFAN#1

Cheek

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fbisgreat on February 28, 2015, 08:05:07 am
Quote from: HF on February 27, 2015, 11:38:48 pm
I agree i don't see how Scranton had there games unless teams were already there.Pottsville played there games but the games at Danville were called off.And i don't see them playing at Danville today it's going to get a lot worse this aftarnoon.
from what i heard in the gym last night all the schools up north have been staying in clarksville...

Mr. Trill

What 2 teams will be facing off for the Regional crown since I heard the game Is canceled?

Sport718

Westside girls are waiting on the winner between Hector and Quitman

pantherfan3

Eureka should forfeit or get to coal hill....this is nuts!! Everyone so inconvenienced for one school who had to be almost there for the first game they cancelled......ugh

DickieV

I assume this means they will have semis on Monday and finals on Tuesday. Does this mean the entire state tournament will be pushed back a day?

future_coach®

Quote from: pantherfan3 on March 01, 2015, 09:35:36 am
Eureka should forfeit or get to coal hill....this is nuts!! Everyone so inconvenienced for one school who had to be almost there for the first game they cancelled......ugh

Sorry the safety of our children has "inconvenienced" you.

sports03

Quote from: future_coach® on March 01, 2015, 09:54:24 am

Sorry the safety of our children has "inconvenienced" you.

I totally agree with you safety first.  Also turning around at Winslow doesn't make them almost there - its roughly an hour still to Coal Hill and even longer in winter weather. 

HawgBall06

Quote from: DickieV on March 01, 2015, 09:49:57 am
I assume this means they will have semis on Monday and finals on Tuesday. Does this mean the entire state tournament will be pushed back a day?

I was told by a AAA official on Friday night that the state tourneys could not be moved/pushed back because of certain contracts.

Madmax

So the players for Eureka Springs should be punished for a weather-related event that they had no control over?  You really think the bus driver was going to drive a SCHOOL BUS through snow and sleet, thereby putting students lives at risk to make it to a basketball game?  Try again Sherlock.

HorseFeathers

so west side post poned again....games start at 1 on monday....players shouldn.t be punished for weather.... But at a point you start affecting 31 other teams, fans, and hotel reservations, not to mention parents vacation days from work....

jyd2205

What about getting there early before the weather or planning ahead. So is state going to be pushed back a day? So they can finish the regionals.

birddawg1986

Looks like the higher seeded team or cin flip. Some of these teams will play in state on Tuesday.

WPWells

birddawg1986

pantherfan3

I'm saying the weather wasn't a surprise and they should have planned better and made arrangements like all of the other teams. There are other teams from weather affected cities and were ready to play who planned ahead and had motels booked. And even if the first game was valid in your opinion and even if yesterday was valid....no excuse for not playing today.  At 9 am it was above freezing with multiple routes clear to mostly clear posted on I drive Arkansas and all roads CLEAR by 3 pm.

Of course I do not want any students at risk. Of course the players shouldn't be punished but this has been a little more than an inconvenience. There was weather in several areas and there were delays and postponement. This just feels fishy and ridiculous.

sports03

Quote from: pantherfan3 on March 01, 2015, 04:46:39 pm
I'm saying the weather wasn't a surprise and they should have planned better and made arrangements like all of the other teams. There are other teams from weather affected cities and were ready to play who planned ahead and had motels booked. And even if the first game was valid in your opinion and even if yesterday was valid....no excuse for not playing today.  At 9 am it was above freezing with multiple routes clear to mostly clear posted on I drive Arkansas and all roads CLEAR by 3 pm.

Of course I do not want any students at risk. Of course the players shouldn't be punished but this has been a little more than an inconvenience. There was weather in several areas and there were delays and postponement. This just feels fishy and ridiculous.

Fishy and ridiculous - How is it fishy or ridiculous.  I am sure Eureka like to get the games in check out this link for road conditions for today http://5newsonline.com/2015/02/28/road-conditions-in-nwa-river-valley.  The same could be said for the roads yesterday. It sleeted off and on most of the afternoon in coal hill yesterday.  So if they did come down and stayed in a hotel at either Clarksville or Ozark that still about a 15 minute drive to they gym. Anything can happen in a minute.  Maybe the AAA should put more of a time in between the tournaments just for this reason.  It is February and having this type of weather in north Arkansas is not uncommon.

Tell me if the tables were turned and it was the school you support was in Eureka's place would you want them to forfeit so they wouldn't inconvenience anyone.  Just an FYI I am not an Eureka supporter.

Madmax

Quote from: pantherfan3 on March 01, 2015, 04:46:39 pm

So, I guess in hindsight what should have happened is Eureka Springs should have driven down Friday morning knowing there was weather coming in so they could have gotten their semi-regional game out of the way.  Now what would have happened is they would then have to scramble to get hotel rooms for 20+ people at the last minute - and with the travel issues that would have been a challenge with the sudden demand for hotel rooms.  Seeing how the weather turned out they would have had to stay until at least today.  What Superintendent's going to make that call?  I don't think there's anything "fishy" about the whole thing - they couldn't get down here - end of story.  Get over it.

HorseFeathers

if scranton could get kingston and alpena to play and both teams fans could make the trip down....then why not eureka springs? As far as forfeit...well that.s the AAA rules for nonathletic events....or at least it was...

HorseFeathers

forgot to say....yes i would be as critical of hector for neglecting to plan a head...

Sport718

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2015, 06:28:52 pm
forgot to say....yes i would be as critical of hector for neglecting to plan a head...
There sure is alot of ignorance and misguided judgement on this thread. I know everyone involved inhosting all of these tournament and I can assure you every possible measure has been taken to get all of these games in and keep all of our kids safe. Panther whoever needs to put a lid on it. These are career professinals that are making these decisions and there is a lot more to it than most of the novices who are commenting could ever Imagine.

HorseFeathers

guess the officials from the jasper, ozark mountain school, amd huntsville districts are just ignorant as well since they made plans and were able to play their region tournament and not screw up plans of a couple dozen school districts....that is why people are upset, with what has happened now....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on March 02, 2015, 09:27:42 am
guess the officials from the jasper, ozark mountain school, amd huntsville districts are just ignorant as well since they made plans and were able to play their region tournament and not screw up plans of a couple dozen school districts....that is why people are upset, with what has happened now....

Now HF, you know there is no place for facts and common sense on here.

redrider30

They didn't just screw up plans of couple dozen school districts they screwed up plans of thousands of people and may cause more problems into next week because of new storm coming in on Wednesday. HF is exactly right.

Madmax

You guys are amazing.  The plan for ES was to screw up everyone's tournament plans, because they got ICED IN!  They're still out of school - do you people get it?  Anyone ever tried to drive around ES when the roads are iced over?  It was a grand conspiracy!  What's with all the butt-hurt on here, you guys act like they intentionally set out to derail the tournament.  Their roads were still iced over yesterday - they've got some kids on the team that live at Holiday Island that couldn't even make it to the school to get on a school bus.  I guess they should have anticipated, reserved a bank of hotel rooms a month ago, knowing that they would have had to stay in them for 3  or 4 nights, knowing that they were going to get iced in, knowing that they wouldn't be able to get home for 3 or 4 days.  I guess what will make it better is if we continue to vent and gripe about this for a few more days, maybe that will make it better. 

RedWolf275

Madmax

redrider30

Actually we drove to Hampton last year and roads could not have been any worse than they were in NE Arkansas. Took 5 hours to get to Searcy where roads cleared up at that point we were notified that tournament was postponed for another day. No one wants to put anyone at risk for a game but if all the other tournaments in the state are done, well I guess that says it all.

RedWolf275

Maybe AAA needs to think about moving regionals to a Tuesday start instead of Wednesday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas