• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rich's Semi Final Picks

Started by bleudog, November 29, 2012, 09:33:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Quote from: Rich Sanders on November 29, 2012, 07:05:25 am
Class 2A

Bearden 24, Mineral Springs 16 -- The Bears are coming back to WMS with the easiest of the semifinal opponents. Mineral Springs is good and has pulled off a surprise or two, but they did lose three games this year and finished third in their conference. Bearden win percentage: 59.7 percent.

Junction City 29, Walnut Ridge 21 -- Junction City won the 1 vs. 2 battle last week and gets the emotional advantage on a couple of fronts. One, the Dragons are at home and two, Junction City beat a team that handled Walnut Ridge during the regular season. It's not a cinch, but watch for an all 2A-8 final again. Junction City win percentage: 58.4 percent.

State champion: Junction City

cuz

November 29, 2012, 09:36:12 am #1 Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:34:15 pm by cuz
Quote from: bleudog on November 29, 2012, 09:33:08 am
Quote from: Rich Sanders on November 29, 2012, 07:05:25 am
Class 2A

Bearden 24, Mineral Springs 16 -- The Bears are coming back to WMS with the easiest of the semifinal opponents. Mineral Springs is good and has pulled off a surprise or two, but they did lose three games this year and finished third in their conference. Bearden win percentage: 59.7 percent.

Junction City 29, Walnut Ridge 21 -- Junction City won the 1 vs. 2 battle last week and gets the emotional advantage on a couple of fronts. One, the Dragons are at home and two, Junction Citybeat a team that handled Walnut Ridge during the regular season. It's not a cinch, but watch
for an all 2A-8 final again. Junction City win percentage: 58.4 percent.

Bet that hurt ol Rich to type...... ;D

State champion: Junction City
Bet it hurt ol Rich to type that...........

hornets23byers

Easiest opponent we lost to glenrose #1 Gurdon and murf without our key players playing fully healthy keep thinking that.

gatecrasher

Excuse #1.
Injuries are part of the game. Deal with it.

The difference is Bearden and JC can plug players in due to injury and there is little drop off.

Can yall do that?

hornets23byers

Nope lol that's what makes it so much better so get ready wont be excuses this Friday tell mama to greet me with some cookies heck I may go home with her lol like pie better

tacklethis...

November 29, 2012, 10:17:54 am #5 Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:23:26 am by tacklethis...
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 29, 2012, 09:59:05 am
Excuse #1.

The difference is Bearden and JC can plug players in due to injury and there is little drop off.

Can yall do that?

Its an excuse for the losses for sure. But if Mineral is better with those players playing than not then this is also part of the game. They are still in it will all those players injured or missing during the season and playoffs. They may be better than some thought.

Good news is we will know very soon! Wish this game was in Mineral! I would be there!

paraloma

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 29, 2012, 09:59:05 am
Excuse #1.

Can yall do that?

With 20-22 players? I would not think so.

We'll put 11 out there and let em eat.

Classof91

I know when Bearden has lower numbers than they do now, one injury could really be drastic.  Here is a real example of it:

2008-10-03  JC came to bearden and destroyed us 0 - 43!  Here is the history of that game:

The week before we played JC our starting qb broke his hand and we brought up Defonta Lowe (9th grade) to be our qb against JC the following week.  It was Lowes first highschool game and it was ugly to say the least (not necessarily him, but the entire team played bad).  The biggest hurdle was losing our starting qb and then the psychological issues that came with it and then knowing we had to play JC to boot!

We were much better than a 43 pt loss to JC; but we probably would have still lost with our full starting line-up but it would have been a lot closer.

This is a real example of what MS went through this year so I can promise you the Bearden coaching staff and the players and most of the fans realize that just because MS struggled in some games this year; since they had some key injuries or players not playing at 100% this can drastically affect the game.  Now that MS is seemingly 100% and playing like they are, they are not the same team that lost those games.  Would they have lost those games if they had everyone and at 100%?  I don't know but I know it would have affected the outcome to some degree.

But, regardless of why, good teams must be able to play with injuries / loss of players.  Beating Carlisle w/o Rashad was an awesome feat AND it ignites the spirits of the players, coaches, fans to do even more tomorrow.  Bearden had better be on their toes with their chin straps fastened tight or we will get it handed to us in a dramatic way tomorrow. 

Gate is 100% right in his statement.  For a team to expect to win it all they have to do well in adversity and sometimes that means losing players / playing with some less than 100%.  In the past we were in the position that Gate is talking about.  We were good with all players at 100% but with one or more out we fell off drastically.  This year the Bears have more depth than I can ever remember in virtually every position.  And I know for a fact that the players are not overlooking Mineral Springs.  I saw some of the players several weeks ago and I asked them about their drive to make it back to Little Rock and every one of them said the same thing to me; "We are not thinking about anything other than Foreman"  That is our concern this week.  The week after that I asked a few others the same thing and they said, "We are not thinking about anything other than Gurdon".  And this week some of the players were in a group and I asked them (knowing what they would say at this point), "What does the team think about them possibly making it to Little Rock this year?" "We are not concerned with that, we are focusing all our attention on Mineral Springs because if we don't we won't make it to Little Rock"!  I am quietly and conservatively pleased with where our boy's minds are at this point.  They are not going to take MS lightly.  These boys are battle tested and know how to play with their backs against the wall and trailing!   As far as I know they are playing fully loaded and w/o any significant injuries.  They know what is at stake.  It's going to be a great game tomorrow against a great team that deserves to be where they are!  If Mineral Springs beats us it will be because they played their absolute best game of the year and for 4 quaters down to the last second (Gurdon tipped pass with time running out)! 

Man this time of the year is exciting isn't it!   

tacklethis...

That's how to use class in a post. I respect your views and attitude no matter who you root for!
Listening to good info here makes it better.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: Classof91 on November 29, 2012, 11:29:00 am
I know when Bearden has lower numbers than they do now, one injury could really be drastic.  Here is a real example of it:

2008-10-03  JC came to bearden and destroyed us 0 - 43!  Here is the history of that game:

The week before we played JC our starting qb broke his hand and we brought up Defonta Lowe (9th grade) to be our qb against JC the following week.  It was Lowes first highschool game and it was ugly to say the least (not necessarily him, but the entire team played bad).  The biggest hurdle was losing our starting qb and then the psychological issues that came with it and then knowing we had to play JC to boot!

We were much better than a 43 pt loss to JC; but we probably would have still lost with our full starting line-up but it would have been a lot closer.

This is a real example of what MS went through this year so I can promise you the Bearden coaching staff and the players and most of the fans realize that just because MS struggled in some games this year; since they had some key injuries or players not playing at 100% this can drastically affect the game.  Now that MS is seemingly 100% and playing like they are, they are not the same team that lost those games.  Would they have lost those games if they had everyone and at 100%?  I don't know but I know it would have affected the outcome to some degree.

But, regardless of why, good teams must be able to play with injuries / loss of players.  Beating Carlisle w/o Rashad was an awesome feat AND it ignites the spirits of the players, coaches, fans to do even more tomorrow.  Bearden had better be on their toes with their chin straps fastened tight or we will get it handed to us in a dramatic way tomorrow. 

Gate is 100% right in his statement.  For a team to expect to win it all they have to do well in adversity and sometimes that means losing players / playing with some less than 100%.  In the past we were in the position that Gate is talking about.  We were good with all players at 100% but with one or more out we fell off drastically.  This year the Bears have more depth than I can ever remember in virtually every position.  And I know for a fact that the players are not overlooking Mineral Springs.  I saw some of the players several weeks ago and I asked them about their drive to make it back to Little Rock and every one of them said the same thing to me; "We are not thinking about anything other than Foreman"  That is our concern this week.  The week after that I asked a few others the same thing and they said, "We are not thinking about anything other than Gurdon".  And this week some of the players were in a group and I asked them (knowing what they would say at this point), "What does the team think about them possibly making it to Little Rock this year?" "We are not concerned with that, we are focusing all our attention on Mineral Springs because if we don't we won't make it to Little Rock"!  I am quietly and conservatively pleased with where our boy's minds are at this point.  They are not going to take MS lightly.  These boys are battle tested and know how to play with their backs against the wall and trailing!   As far as I know they are playing fully loaded and w/o any significant injuries.  They know what is at stake.  It's going to be a great game tomorrow against a great team that deserves to be where they are!  If Mineral Springs beats us it will be because they played their absolute best game of the year and for 4 quaters down to the last second (Gurdon tipped pass with time running out)! 

Man this time of the year is exciting isn't it!   
+1

hornets23byers

Whole bearden fans have been class on here

Scorpiux

Classof91

Quote from: hornets23byers on November 29, 2012, 12:07:13 pm

We've had our moments...me especially!  ha.  But thanks for the compliment. I would use a smiley here but it won't let me for some reason....

the game

November 29, 2012, 01:18:01 pm #13 Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:36:32 pm by the game
Quote from: Classof91 on November 29, 2012, 12:58:07 pm

We've had our moments...me especially!  ha.  But thanks for the compliment. I would use a smiley here but it won't let me for some reason....
I'll put the smiley face on here for the both of us 91 ...  :)   When I got on here in 2006 , I use to talk trash /smack etc , but over the years I've learned it's better , at least for me to be respectful to all opponents ... and Yes , I'm proud of all the other Bearden posters / fans on here and those at the game too  :)   OH and thanks hornets23byers ... You guys have been classy too ... just stay that way ... lol  ;)

Scorpiux

Quote from: the game on November 29, 2012, 01:18:01 pm

I'll put the smiley face on here for the both of us 91 ...  :)   When I got on here in 2006 , I use to talk trash /smack etc , but over the years I've learned it's better , at least for me to be respectful to all opponents ... and Yes , I'm proud of all the other Bearden posters / fans on here and those at the game too  :)   OH and thanks hornets23byers ... You guys have been classy too ... just stay that way ... lol  ;)
[/quote]

You and me both, but I've mellowed a lot and kept my blood pressure down.  8)

cuz

Quote from: the game on November 29, 2012, 01:18:01 pm
Quote from: Classof91 on November 29, 2012, 12:58:07 pm

That smack talk leads to a lot of lot of crow eating. Think everyone can learn to reframe from that at times. Bearden fans get loud and vocal at their games but you can't fought them for that as that's the best way to show support for their team. JC's fans tend to be awful vocal also......... ;D

Scorpiux

hornets23byers

Sometimes if u don't talk a lil trash be bored do u agree lol

Classof91

cuz

Scorpiux

Quote from: cuz on November 29, 2012, 01:54:12 pm

What would I do without you Scorp????? ;D

Keep ole Bleu company I guess LOL!

the game

Quote from: hornets23byers on November 29, 2012, 01:49:17 pm
Sometimes if u don't talk a lil trash be bored do u agree lol
I hear you 23 ...   Believe me , if I feel a post is disrespectful towards the Bears ... I will be woken up ... remember never wake a sleeping Bear  ;D

brown2010

i hope you lose both of them rich

COACH-Mike

Don't wake a sleeping Bear or P_ss in the wind.  And might I add Mess with a nest of Hornets!  Reminds me of a story about my old baby sitter Ms. Johnnie.  When I was young I was outside around a bush swatting at Bees and she came to the door and said get yo tail in here them bees gonna hit you harder than you hit them.
Love playing folks like Bearden and JC cause they give you a mutual respect but by God you have to earn it.  Here is to my Hornets hitting harder than you hit us.  Good luck fellas.

Classof91

Quote from: COACH-Mike on November 29, 2012, 05:17:57 pm
Don't wake a sleeping Bear or P_ss in the wind.  And might I add Mess with a nest of Hornets!  Reminds me of a story about my old baby sitter Ms. Johnnie.  When I was young I was outside around a bush swatting at Bees and she came to the door and said get yo tail in here them bees gonna hit you harder than you hit them.
Love playing folks like Bearden and JC cause they give you a mutual respect but by God you have to earn it.  Here is to my Hornets hitting harder than you hit us.  Good luck fellas.

It's ok to pee in the wind as long as its blowing away from you!
It's ok to wake a sleeping Bear as long as he is in a solid cage and you are safely on the other side.
When I was little a wasp stung me in the ear and a little old lady swooped me up and bit off a chew of tobacco, chewed it up and spit in my ear!  I will take the pain any day over spit in the ear....

I don't know what my statements bring to the table but they are out there for all to consider.   ;D  Now talk amongst yourselves...

hornets23byers

I wouldn't take either one I wear a space suit when I go places u will notice me its green

the game

Quote from: hornets23byers on November 29, 2012, 06:24:06 pm
I wouldn't take either one I wear a space suit when I go places u will notice me its green
OK 23 funny ... just don't try any funny stuff on the football field  , I see your basketball trickery ... play fair and tell your pals ... just sit in the stands or Mitchell will come get you  :o  ...  http://youtu.be/E_tjKljq5UA

Classof91

Quote from: the game on November 29, 2012, 06:54:37 pm
Quote from: hornets23byers on November 29, 2012, 06:24:06 pm
OK 23 funny ... just don't try any funny stuff on the football field  , I see your basketball trickery ... play fair and tell your pals ... just sit in the stands or Mitchell will come get you  :o  ...  http://youtu.be/E_tjKljq5UA

For real Game, he does wear a space suit.  Look!  He's just color blind...it's really orange for walnut ridge.....

Mule Shoe in a Space Suit! 

hornets23byers

It's me bro sorry but u got the wrong clip

hornets23byers

I do t put the football clips on there till after season don't want y'all to scout me

paraloma

Quote from: Classof91 on November 29, 2012, 06:18:50 pm

It's ok to wake a sleeping Bear

I wonder if we can catch a bear with some honey. I know you can catch a fly.

Speaking of, is FlyDraw going to be at the game?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas