• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rating the gyms in the 5AAA

Started by athletic supporter, February 08, 2006, 03:29:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

athletic supporter

At the Pottsville/Atkins game last night, I got to thinking about how everybody used to think that Pottsville's gym was real nice after it was built. Several schools have built new gyms(arenas) since that time. How would you rank the gyms now?

1. Clinton- this place is absolutely the cream of the crop in the 5AAA
2. Atkins
3. Dover
4. Dardanelle
5. Pottsville
6. Mayflower-they fall here only because of the concession stand
7. Clarksville
8. Lamar

spirit05

i just commented on how nice the clinton gym was on another board. it is very nice, however the parking is quite a problem, but it should be fixed by next year

1. Clinton
2. Atkins
3. Pottsville
4. Dover
5. Dardanelle
6. Clarksville
7. Mayflower
8. Lamar

Mark_Freeman03

Clarksville has by far the worst gym ive ever been in, take a look at the ceiling, nuff said! and they took the panther off the court, what the crap?!!?!?!

basketball4

Youthguy you usually have good input, but how can you honestly say that Dardanelles gym is better then Pottsvilles?  Pottsville, Dover and Atkins all have practically the same kind of gym and they are newer.  I dont see how Dard.'s gym is better then those three i just mentioned.

athletic supporter

Quote from: basketball4 on February 08, 2006, 05:20:27 pm
Youthguy you usually have good input, but how can you honestly say that Dardanelles gym is better then Pottsvilles? Pottsville, Dover and Atkins all have practically the same kind of gym and they are newer. I dont see how Dard.'s gym is better then those three i just mentioned.

I guess I like it better because the fans aren't off the floor like they are on Pottsville's visitors side. I don't know. Maybe it is just the home court advantage. ;)

petey24g

i dont like dardanelles gym because of the lighting, it is hard to shoot because of how dark it is

athletic supporter

Quote from: petey24g on February 08, 2006, 10:09:24 pm
i dont like dardanelles gym because of the lighting, it is hard to shoot because of how dark it is

If you think it is dark in there you should have went to Clarksville a couple of years ago. It was so dark that I saw some girls from Clinton and ALMOST asked one of them out.

Mark Few's pupil

Great thread my friend.

This is from a players/coaches/fans vantage point and taking all of the information in.

1. Clinton
2. Atkins
3. Dardanelle
4. Dover
5. Pottsville
6. Clarksville
7. Mayflower
8. Lamar

basketball4

Quote from: youthguy on February 08, 2006, 10:12:55 pm
Quote from: petey24g on February 08, 2006, 10:09:24 pm

If you think it is dark in there you should have went to Clarksville a couple of years ago. It was so dark that I saw some girls from Clinton and ALMOST asked one of them out.

Yeah Clarksvilles gym is kinda dark even now.   Also youthguy are you sure that wasn't petey24g that you ALMOST asked out? ;)

petey24g

1.clinton
2.Atkins
3.pottsville
4.dover
5.lamar
6.dardanelle
7.mayflower
8.clarksville

Mark Few's pupil

Quote from: youthguy on February 08, 2006, 10:12:55 pm
It was so dark that I saw some girls from Clinton and ALMOST asked one of them out.

Clap for you.

razorbackfan3

Clinton
Atkins
Pottsville
Dover
Lamar
Mayflower
Clarksville
By far the worst Dardanelle

jacketfan08

1.Clinton
2.Atkins
3.Pottsville
5.Dover
6.Mayflower
7.Lamar
8.Dardanelle

Mark_Freeman03

i need to go to clinton's gym, i hear its really nice. i know lamar and c-ville suck, and i wish dardanelle still had the rubber court, that was sweet. anyone remember the old days when dard. threw TP on the court after their 1st basket against c-ville, this is so random, but i remember my soph. year when gavin, finlay, tate, and the seniors were spankin them something like 15-0 and they scored and threw the TP everywhere, i have never laughed so hard! 

SouthpawSensation

I haven't made it to Clinton's new gym, either, so I guess I need to find a way to make a trip up there and view the situation.
As far as the others, I do like the gyms at Atkins, Dover and Pottsville (and often wondered why Pottsville has never attempted to bid for a regional ... the atmosphere and hospitality are wonderful!). Clarksville's could be a tad brighter, and there is need for more seating at Lamar and Mayflower. But Dardanelle ... ugh!!!!! That thing is a cave, and the atmosphere isn't much brighter, either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas