• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could this years NLR team be an all-time Ark HS great??

Started by tacomeat, December 02, 2013, 02:52:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Quote from: Head Lion on December 13, 2013, 09:06:48 pm
Any human that thinks NLR could carry the bags of Keith Lee's, Michael Cage and Aaron Price West memphis Blue Devils team to the gym. They should not be allowed to post another statement on athletics in public, cause "they lost their freaking mind!"

I'd probably vote for WM or Parkview when they had 5 D1 players signed.  Still, for some idiot to say NLR couldn't carry West Memphis' bags is just stupid.

Head Lion

The style of basketball is totally different now, WM wouldnt just demolish them. But if they played a 100 times the Blue Devils would be the Globetrotters and win a 100 times and NLR would be the "ole Washington Generals." :o :o :o

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2013, 08:36:40 am
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on December 06, 2013, 09:43:16 pm
Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2013, 10:40:06 am
I keep forgetting about KJ Hill, if they develop chemistry, they will be up there.

Hill plays basketball too? Yikes.

Yep, some aren't sure what his best sport is?

Wow. He was pretty dominant in late October at receiver when I saw him.

neds

Nice win last night for NLR over Archbishop Mitty (CA) in a holiday tournament, 77-74. Anton had a big game in the win.
They play Parairie Seeds from MN today.

MarionBlueDevil

Saw North Little Rock in West Memphis last night. Pretty good game, but the Blue Devils more than held their own.

I think the Chargin' 'Cats are still the favorites in 7A but it'd take one heck of a team to be close to the same level as the 60-0 Blue Devils.

I'm not sure there's ever been a more dominant team in Arkansas ever. North Little Rock is good, but dominant they are not.

urban legend2

Right now, they are not as good as last year's team. Still a very good team though.

mack

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on January 15, 2014, 05:43:49 pm
Saw North Little Rock in West Memphis last night. Pretty good game, but the Blue Devils more than held their own.

I think the Chargin' 'Cats are still the favorites in 7A but it'd take one heck of a team to be close to the same level as the 60-0 Blue Devils.

I'm not sure there's ever been a more dominant team in Arkansas ever. North Little Rock is good, but dominant they are not.

Last year they were dominant.  This year not so much.

We'll never know if the Parkdales, Parkviews, Conway etc. state champs were as good as West Memphis was.  They never played.

CathywithaC

NLR vs Jonesboro tonight at the Cat House!  Should be a battle!!!

ricepig

Quote from: CathywithaC on January 17, 2014, 10:09:10 am

Hopefully NLR doesn't shoot 8/8 from the 3pts line in the first half, like at the Rumble, haha. Good luck to both teams.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2014, 10:34:39 am

Hopefully NLR doesn't shoot 8/8 from the 3pts line in the first half, like at the Rumble, haha. Good luck to both teams.

You coming tonite?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: mack on January 17, 2014, 08:11:25 am
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on January 15, 2014, 05:43:49 pm

Last year they were dominant.  This year not so much.

We'll never know if the Parkdales, Parkviews, Conway etc. state champs were as good as West Memphis was.  They never played.

They had the overall tournament though.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on January 17, 2014, 11:33:12 am

You coming tonite?

So, park wherever one can?

mack

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2014, 12:13:59 pm

You coming tonite?

When you get off the freeway at the Parkhill/JFK/Hwy 107 exit, turn left at the light onto JFK.  Go down the hill about 200-250 yards and you'll see a drycleaner on the right and a hotel on the left.  Go thru that intersection and you'll see a ton of places to park on your left.  When you park, make sure you have your gun handy, exit your car and continue walking south on JFK, carefully being aware of your surroundings.  Cross the street at the next light.  You'll walk in front of the main campus and the gym is on the west side of the main building.

See you there.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on January 17, 2014, 12:25:42 pm

You coming tonite?

When you get off the freeway at the Parkhill/JFK/Hwy 107 exit, turn left at the light onto JFK.  Go down the hill about 200-250 yards and you'll see a drycleaner on the right and a hotel on the left.  Go thru that intersection and you'll see a ton of places to park on your left.  When you park, make sure you have your gun handy, exit your car and continue walking south on JFK, carefully being aware of your surroundings.  Cross the street at the next light.  You'll walk in front of the main campus and the gym is on the west side of the main building.

See you there.

Thanks, bring a backup clip, or will I even have a chance to reload?

mack

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2014, 12:29:55 pm
Quote from: mack on January 17, 2014, 12:25:42 pm

You coming tonite?

See you there.

Thanks, bring a backup clip, or will I even have a chance to reload?

Sure, but I prefer an ankle holster....

Oldref

Quote from: Head Lion on December 19, 2013, 04:56:16 pm
The style of basketball is totally different now, WM wouldnt just demolish them. But if they played a 100 times the Blue Devils would be the Globetrotters and win a 100 times and NLR would be the "ole Washington Generals." :o :o :o
I saw West Memphis play a lot and called a few of their games back during the Lee & Cage years.......they were a great team and could play with any team in Arkansas history. I still believe the 92 Parkview team was the best/deepest team in Arkansas history. They had 5 D-1 players that started and two great juniors that came off the bench that also were D-1 the next year. That was the last year of the overall state and they beat everyone by 20 or more in that tournament also. Parkview in 92 in my opinion was the best team in Arkansas history. NLR was good but I rank them someplace also behind West Memphis.  I go back to the early 60's so I have seen a lot of teams in Arkansas. Hard to compare eras but it makes for good conversation.

mrcptkirk

Rmbr, last year team had e1 lived in NLR, from NLR feeder schools, tallest player 6'4, there was no superstars on the team, 3 footballs and one first year head coach and first year assistant coach.

They played every top team from the year 2012 that won state or state runner up, play two teams that had players 6'8 - 6'10. They also had a 27-0 run to finish the season.

I think that put them in there as a top team.

bballfan00

March 07, 2014, 11:12:07 am #67 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:22:33 pm by bballfan00
I would say no.  In my years, the best teams I have seen are as follows:

1. 1980 - West Memphis (Keith Lee and Michael Cage)
2. 1981 - West Memphis (Keith Lee)
3. 1976 - Conway (Lawson Pilgrim, Herman Hammons, TJ Ticey, Austin Sullivan)
4. 1999 - LR Central (Joe Johnson, Jarrett Hart)

Others I think are better would include the LR Parkview teams of the early to mid 90's and LR Hall teams in the early to mid 80's.

All these teams were just as athletic, but had better fundlementals which sets them apart.

Shady

I say no, the West Memphis teams and Central team with Johnson were better. Maybe a top 10 all time, no better than that.

mack

Quote from: mrcptkirk on March 07, 2014, 06:01:34 am
Rmbr, last year team had e1 lived in NLR, from NLR feeder schools, tallest player 6'4, there was no superstars on the team, 3 footballs and one first year head coach and first year assistant coach.

They played every top team from the year 2012 that won state or state runner up, play two teams that had players 6'8 - 6'10. They also had a 27-0 run to finish the season.

I think that put them in there as a top team.

I agree.  These others can say what they want, but NLR could only play who they played.  They whipped all the other top teams in the state.
They could have competed with any of those other teams mentioned.  I saw them all too.

DerekOxford

Quote from: bballfan00 on March 07, 2014, 11:12:07 am
I would say no.  In my years, the best teams I have seen are as follows:

1. 1980 - West Memphis (Keith Lee and Michael Cage)
2. 1981 - West Memphis (Keith Lee)
3. 1976 - Conway (Lawson Pilgrim, Herman Hammons, TJ Ticey, Austin Sullivan)
4. 1999 - LR Central (Joe Johnson, Jason Hart)

Others I think are better would include the LR Parkview teams of the early to mid 90's and LR Hall teams in the early to mid 80's.

All these teams were just as athletic, but had better fundlementals which sets them apart.

Jarrett Hart, you mean.

urhog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas