• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville VS Dollarway

Started by whippersnapper, November 29, 2013, 10:19:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

In the back of the Booneville faithfuls mind is a possible rematch with Warren in the title game. I know several I've talked to think it's very possible.

dragbunt

I usually don't make predictions but I have seen both play in person and it will be dway by atleast 14 but prob more! Both are good high school teams but dway is honestly hands down best team I have seen all year! I have seen 3 of final 4 teams left playing! Dway speed is incredible, on film they look beatable but in person the speed is faster!!!

catdaddy

Quote from: dragbunt on November 30, 2013, 06:49:04 pm
I usually don't make predictions but I have seen both play in person and it will be dway by atleast 14 but prob more! Both are good high school teams but dway is honestly hands down best team I have seen all year! I have seen 3 of final 4 teams left playing! Dway speed is incredible, on film they look beatable but in person the speed is faster!!!

Honestly.

Jacketman65

This could be the game that actually comes down to how good your coach is on this particular Friday night!

OLDSCHOOL82

It hasn't happened but maybe once this season.  This week the cats will be smaller,  slower,  and have less athletes on the field than dollar way.  Anyone who says other wise is not being realistic.  We will be the underdog and we love that.  This will come down to discipline and who wants it the most and that's what will be the deciding factor.  The cats will want it the most!!

mr.b@sc

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 30, 2013, 07:06:14 pm
It hasn't happened but maybe once this season.  This week the cats will be smaller,  slower,  and have less athletes on the field than dollar way.  Anyone who says other wise is not being realistic.  We will be the underdog and we love that.  This will come down to discipline and who wants it the most and that's what will be the deciding factor.  The cats will want it the most!!
oldman is going to love this post...

dragbunt

Lol I agree mr b, he will like it! In football my friend unlike most other sports speed size strength scheme and discipline make the difference! You can have all the heart and desire in the world but if one guy runs a 4.4 and you run a 5.0 you ain't going to catch him no matter how bad you want it!

OLDSCHOOL82

November 30, 2013, 07:23:27 pm #57 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:27:01 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Dragbunt,  come watch the game.  Have you ever seen booneville in one of these types of games? And also the gap on the speed isn't that drastic. 

elmerfudd

Quote from: dragbunt on November 30, 2013, 07:22:00 pm
Lol I agree mr b, he will like it! In football my friend unlike most other sports speed size strength scheme and discipline make the difference! You can have all the heart and desire in the world but if one guy runs a 4.4 and you run a 5.0 you ain't going to catch him no matter how bad you want it!

Booneville has made a living proving people like you wrong.

dragbunt

Man calm down I am not against you I love the underdogs but I am just stating facts!!

elmerfudd

Quote from: dragbunt on November 30, 2013, 07:27:30 pm
Man calm down I am not against you I love the underdogs but I am just stating facts!!

Haha so am I. Not trying to be hateful about it

Instant Replay

Typical of most of the Booneville posters, getting hooked by mostly other posters that are irrelevant to the game.

dragbunt

Booneville has a good team with rich tradition I am just telling you dway is unlike any 4a team I have seen in state! Put it like this they run a 7 th grade offense yet so talented no one can stop them! Most of time you know what they are running before they snap the ball and still no one has stopped them all year

OLDSCHOOL82

Awesome thing is we run a 6th grade offense.  We use hand signals.  1,2, or 3 fingers.  That's all we have.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Instant Replay on November 30, 2013, 07:33:14 pm
Typical of most of the Booneville posters, getting hooked by mostly other posters that are irrelevant to the game.

I'd say we're all irrelevant to the game. None of us will play a down Friday night.

elmerfudd

Quote from: dragbunt on November 30, 2013, 07:34:31 pm
Booneville has a good team with rich tradition I am just telling you dway is unlike any 4a team I have seen in state! Put it like this they run a 7 th grade offense yet so talented no one can stop them! Most of time you know what they are running before they snap the ball and still no one has stopped them all year

In all seriousness, the same can be said about Booneville. They have actually gone BACK to the dead-T, which is literally what we ran in 7th grade.

BEARCATSRULE

November 30, 2013, 07:41:11 pm #66 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:47:30 pm by BEARCATSRULE
Quote from: dragbunt on November 30, 2013, 07:22:00 pm
Yeah but first that 4.4 guy has to get through that d line!!!If its a passing game gotta have a qb that can get it rite in that 4.4 guys hands or ball will be snatched.Booneville is going to bring it! Most teams can only take a quarter of the pounding they put out ,then they fade gaps open ,mistakes happen and there is Bonneville in your face still chuggin like a steamtrain.

dragbunt

Well I wish both teams a great game and congrats on making it this far! I made a prediction and I will leave it at that! Hopefully for you guys getting upset with my prediction I am wrong but I think when you pull into south Arkansas and get ready to leave at 9 30 Friday night you will then understand my prediction

BEARCATSRULE

Quote from: dragbunt on November 30, 2013, 07:42:31 pm
Well I wish both teams a great game and congrats on making it this far! I made a prediction and I will leave it at that! Hopefully for you guys getting upset with my prediction I am wrong but I think when you pull into south Arkansas and get ready to leave at 9 30 Friday night you will then understand my prediction
Ok dragbutt

DWayAlumn2002

I'll say this. If booneville has big guys that gives them a chance. If they don't have speed on defense then they are in trouble. Can't hit what you can't catch. If you don't double Ento at WR, you're asking for a big play over the top. Going into the SC game Friday he was averaging 32yrd a catch.

1-Adam-12

FWIW, I just looked at a forecast. 

Rain, maybe turning to snow, for PB next Friday night. That might make it really fun. :o

rattlerfan17

paraloma

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 30, 2013, 07:36:08 pm
Awesome thing is we run a 6th grade offense.  We use hand signals.  1,2, or 3 fingers.  That's all we have.

Combine that with Dollarway and you have 10 fingers.

Wonderdog

honestly, i think Booneville will take this one, and for one reason. 1, the most important factor in this game, DISCIPLINE. usually Dollarway doesn't have the best discipline in the world. other than that, the game is wide open. those that read this please be sure and note that i wish nothing less than a cardinal victory. however, i am not stupid, discipline makes a HUGE difference. when you start off a series 1st and 20 or 1st and 15 it makes it a whole lot tougher when you are playing a team as disciplined as Booneville has been all season long. cardinals, please prove me wrong and march on to WMS. i truly want to see the birds in LR playing for a title.

Prof W.W. Wormwood

Dways best asset this year is discipline, in comparison to Coach Lee's previous years. Thanks to Coach Hardman's involvement. The cardinals have been consistent this year. Thanks to discipline! As Dway fans we see it clearly.

catdaddy

What field in Pine Bluff will this game be played on.

urban legend2

Not sure about the field yet. I think they may be leaning toward Golden Lion Stadium. But I'm not sure where the Booneville by 14, by 21 predictions are coming from. I think it'll be a good game, but that type of point spread must be based off die-hard Booneville fans who haven't seen Dollarway play this season. Watching Dollarway on film is like Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown when he's trying to kick it. Don't let that film fool you.

elmerfudd

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 01, 2013, 08:56:57 am
Not sure about the field yet. I think they may be leaning toward Golden Lion Stadium. But I'm not sure where the Booneville by 14, by 21 predictions are coming from. I think it'll be a good game, but that type of point spread must be based off die-hard Booneville fans who haven't seen Dollarway play this season. Watching Dollarway on film is like Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown when he's trying to kick it. Don't let that film fool you.

I'm sure you'll resize where those picks are coming from Friday night.

Da President

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on December 01, 2013, 04:23:13 am
honestly, i think Booneville will take this one, and for one reason. 1, the most important factor in this game, DISCIPLINE. usually Dollarway doesn't have the best discipline in the world. other than that, the game is wide open. those that read this please be sure and note that i wish nothing less than a cardinal victory. however, i am not stupid, discipline makes a HUGE difference. when you start off a series 1st and 20 or 1st and 15 it makes it a whole lot tougher when you are playing a team as disciplined as Booneville has been all season long. cardinals, please prove me wrong and march on to WMS. i truly want to see the birds in LR playing for a title.

Out of all the Dollarway teams I have seen in the past few years, this year's team is the less penalized team of them all. That has made a huge difference.

DoItToEm

DoItToEm

Ok I've had a chance to break down filmn of 3  games from Booneville.Their bread and butter play is  a counter sweep with the guard pulling and another lead blocker. Our defense Is suited for that type of offense. I will tell you know our defense will bend but It want break. It will be s long night for Booneville and they will be forced to throw.Mark my words on this one.

urban legend2

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 01, 2013, 09:07:28 am
Quote from: urban legend2 on December 01, 2013, 08:56:57 am

I'm sure you'll resize where those picks are coming from Friday night.
No dog in this fight whatsoever but don't count those eggs yet bro. At this point in the playoffs, any team can beat the other. No disrespect at all, but it's going to be hard for Booneville to beat Dollarway. I was actually at that '04 game at Cardinal Stadium and that was probably one of the harder fought games on both sides that I've ever seen. Expect the same Friday.

CounterPunch

Personally watched both teams play SC this year. There is no comparison. Dway by 14

rzrbacks123

Why would this game be played at UAPB?  Does dollarway not have a home field?  Or is their field not capable of being played on?

Soirem

Quote from: rzrbacks123 on December 01, 2013, 10:38:05 am
Why would this game be played at UAPB?  Does dollarway not have a home field?  Or is their field not capable of being played on?
That field has seen better days, definitely not playable for quite some time. Unless you like a grass-less field.

As for the game, Let's see a close one with dollarway pulling the final winning score in the end. Go cards!  ;D

BEARCATSRULE

Film ,film,film. Im telling you rite now if dway thinks "oh these fools from Booneville think they can ball"Got news for you we are not a star city or maumelle .mental strength will always dominate.Dont think either team will take this one without giving 100%and then some.

cuckoobird

Oldbadger

What's the deal with Dollarway's field not having grass.  I can see the field being torn up playing on it with all the rain and all.  But, what kind of shape was it in before? 

cuckoobird

Oldbadger

cuckoobird

No that stoped this yesr when they closed the street off behind visitor stands. No more contact highs

OLDSCHOOL82

Oldbadger

Nothing worse than a screwed up field for the playoffs.  Both teams need to be able to play at their best.  Good that it is getting moved.  I remembers years ago, in the stone age, teams in the playoffs would meet about halfway between schools and play.  That was good.  No home field advantage. 

urban legend2

Like some of the other natural grass fields, the rain that poured down during the second week of the playoffs literally tore the field up. I was at the Glen Rose-Lavaca game that night and the same thing could be said for their field, which is why the switched their game this past Friday to Benton Harmony Grove. I'm pretty sure both teams would prefer a field with good footing as opposed to one that is in bad shape.

DWayAlumn2002

As of right now forecast calls for snow Friday. You guys think this game will be rescheduled? Possibly played on Thursday? Things can change between now and then. I don't think it's worth the risk for booneville to travel so far in those conditions.

AirWarren

December 01, 2013, 05:30:28 pm #95 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:35:10 pm by AirWarren
Don't get scared.

Them mountain folks can handle the cold and snow. And know how to move around in it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on December 01, 2013, 05:27:14 pm
As of right now forecast calls for snow Friday. You guys think this game will be rescheduled? Possibly played on Thursday? Things can change between now and then. I don't think it's worth the risk for booneville to travel so far in those conditions.

The worse the conditions the better for us.  Most of us still drive 80s model Chevys with a roll bar and kc lights.  MERICA baby. 

AirWarren

DWayAlumn2002

Scared? Would you wanna drive a bus full of kids in the snow for a couple hrs?

elmerfudd

Not an issue. We're so tradition rich that we still travel by horse and wagon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas