• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Campbell

Started by Uncle Ivan, June 20, 2011, 07:55:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

Coach Campbell, I have been trying to research the diamond t for sometime now and there is such very information on it out there. Do you have any old playbooks, DVDs, or information on it that I could borrow from you?

27 Trap

Quote from: fann07 on August 02, 2011, 08:50:15 pm
Coach Campbell, I have been trying to research the diamond t for sometime now and there is such very information on it out there. Do you have any old playbooks, DVDs, or information on it that I could borrow from you?

Did not have a playbook but I may be able to get one from a former player who is now coaching.......Do have some DVD's I can get to you.....just send me your address......live at 6 Weatherton Drive, Vilonia, 72173

NWA Hawg

Coach my address is 271 east main street Sparkman, Ar 71763. I would really appreciate any kind of information you could send me and I thank you for takeimg the time to reply to my message.

whippersnapper

Quote from: 27 Trap on August 02, 2011, 11:13:04 pm

Did not have a playbook but I may be able to get one from a former player who is now coaching.......Do have some DVD's I can get to you.....just send me your address......live at 6 Weatherton Drive, Vilonia, 72173
Coach I know you have said that you could send me some dvds on my topic for the diamond t and was wondering if you got my p.m. with my address?

27 Trap

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on August 03, 2011, 05:34:10 pm

Coach I know you have said that you could send me some dvds on my topic for the diamond t and was wondering if you got my p.m. with my address?

Am making some DVD's now, will mail them tomorrow if I get finished, sorry for the delay......Did not get a good report from my last Pet Scan, have been dealing with that .......

whippersnapper

Coach I figured that was it, hate to hear that's the reason for the delay. Will put you in my prayers. Hope everything goes good

NWA Hawg

Hate to hear that coach, we will defiantly be praying for you and again thanks for the info and I look forward to watching those DVDs.

bleudog

Quote from: 27 Trap on August 03, 2011, 08:45:43 pm
Am making some DVD's now, will mail them tomorrow if I get finished, sorry for the delay......Did not get a good report from my last Pet Scan, have been dealing with that .......

Prayers and best wishes.

Hogskin

General Campbell, I know you have been around alot of coaches and coaching styles throughout the years, is there a particular coach you have admired ? Have you been around any younger coaches recently who you think one day will be great head coaches based on your experiances?

whippersnapper

August 08, 2011, 12:15:21 pm #109 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:01:43 pm by bearcatwhippersnapper

Coach just got the dvds, thank you very much once again!!! And you will be in my prayers still.

Got the dvds Coach thank you again very much. Quick question though how big are the splits on the line? They didn't look very big

27 Trap

Quote from: Hogskin on August 08, 2011, 10:07:56 am
General Campbell, I know you have been around alot of coaches and coaching styles throughout the years, is there a particular coach you have admired ? Have you been around any younger coaches recently who you think one day will be great head coaches based on your experiances?

Hate to mention one or two , would leave out some good ones, one on the neat things about coaching is developing relationships with other coaches all over the state......
Just say I have been blessed over the years and have a lot of "coaching friends" all over , some retired and some still at it...

Uncle Ivan

Coach had surgery early this week, he's still in the hospital in Conway for now.  Hopefully it'll work out.

bleudog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 19, 2011, 04:37:00 am
Coach had surgery early this week, he's still in the hospital in Conway for now.  Hopefully it'll work out.

Prayers and best wishes.

OC

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on August 08, 2011, 12:15:21 pm

Coach just got the dvds, thank you very much once again!!! And you will be in my prayers still.

Got the dvds Coach thank you again very much. Quick question though how big are the splits on the line? They didn't look very big

If I remember correctly they are 1 to 2 foot splits between the tackles, then 3 to 3.5 foot splits between tackle and end.

perviseagle

Was with Coach at hospital today from 12 till 4  hes  sick and nauseated but hanging in there. He is still tuff told me he wanted to get up and walk, and he did. Prayers for Coach Campbell.

fhc

The splits are 2 foot, 2 foot, 3 foot.

Center to Guards is 2 foot, Guard to Tackle is 2 foot, and Tackle to End is 3 Foot

FD4

Never played, but, the key to the Diamond T, Super Quickness, not speed, Quickness and absolutely perfect timing.

Rzback4Life

Update on Coach Campbell?

perviseagle

He went home last Sunday still a little weak but much better.

Rzback4Life

Outstanding news.  He will be in  my prayers.

Uncle Ivan

When he's well enough to get back on here, I'd like to see him tell how he came up with the 25 (I think) sweep and then sprung it on Vilonia back in 04.

I remember most of the story, but it's pretty interesting: "I could see it in my head".

True Believer

Saying prayers for you Coach.

True Believer

27 Trap

Quote from: True Believer on August 27, 2011, 08:30:10 pm
Thanks so much for your prayers, am home but still awful weak, getting a little better but its real slow, don't eat much, just don't feel like it......Would love to attend games this week but right now I don't think I am strong enough......Best of luck to coaches and teams, wish you the best, nothing like high school football...

Big Fan

Quote from: 27 Trap on August 28, 2011, 09:05:05 pm
Quote from: True Believer on August 27, 2011, 08:30:10 pm
Thanks so much for your prayers, am home but still awful weak, getting a little better but its real slow, don't eat much, just don't feel like it......Would love to attend games this week but right now I don't think I am strong enough......Best of luck to coaches and teams, wish you the best, nothing like high school football...
Glad you are home coach!

fhc

The play he came up with in '04 was called 27-39 quick pitch.

27 Trap

Quote from: fhc on August 29, 2011, 08:45:12 am
Yes, you are correct, on the other side it was 43/31 Pitch, we scored on the first time we ran in that night, was a good play for us, we faked the trap with the dive back and pull the guard, look just like the trap but the guard keep going and the backs took a jab step and we pitched to the FB........you got to keep people honest.... I sure loved that part  of the game , always trying to look for new things to do off the old basic  plays we had......

Eddie Goodson

I am being totally serious when I say this is best thread on the 5A board I can ever remember. The only other thread that would hold a candle to it was the thread where Vilonia football players were searching the school for the fictitious ViloniatoWMS.

I would love to Coach Campbell and a couple other old school coaches sit down with a video camera and just talk football.

Rzback4Life

I would love to Coach Campbell and a couple other old school coaches sit down with a video camera and just talk football.

Well said!

27 Trap

The reason this play worked was because we could run 27 & 43 Trap, always believed you must be able to do something well and we  could run the Trap, spend a lot of time on this play, you would not believe how much time a we spent on these plays, had lots  of ways to block them and our kids believed in them , sometimes we would tell the defense to line up anyway you want to and call they trap , our kids knew who to block and our runner knew where he was supposed to run.......The amount of reps we got would blow your  mind but that's what made it work.....Would rather do three our four things well than try to do a lot of things and not develop the confidence you need in order to execute the play correctly.....

InYoGrill

Quote from: 27 Trap on August 29, 2011, 09:28:36 pm
The reason this play worked was because we could run 27 & 43 Trap, always believed you must be able to do something well and we  could run the Trap, spend a lot of time on this play, you would not believe how much time a we spent on these plays, had lots  of ways to block them and our kids believed in them , sometimes we would tell the defense to line up anyway you want to and call they trap , our kids knew who to block and our runner knew where he was supposed to run.......The amount of reps we got would blow your  mind but that's what made it work.....Would rather do three our four things well than try to do a lot of things and not develop the confidence you need in order to execute the play correctly.....

Coach, can not be said any better than how you just put it. +1.  Hope your health improves this year.

Father Guido

Prayer's for ya, Coach.  Truly enjoy your insight.  Repetion is the ONLY way.  When I was in school the 52 pitch was our offense' bread and butter.  Coach use to pull the Sophmore defensive ends and corner backs over for the Varsity to practice their blocking, over and over and over and over and over....

Jacket dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on August 29, 2011, 09:43:37 pm

Coach, can not be said any better than how you just put it. +1.  Hope your health improves this year.

I always knew your secret, all those reps on those specific plays caused your players to understand those plays and their roles in each. They didn't just run plays, they understood them. That is missing on so many teams these days.
Just want you to know that Mr. Phill, Yarnold, and Hill are always thinking about you and praying for the best!

DEBO64ETOWN

Glad to hear you are doing better coach! God has picked a great General to get his troops together! I agree totally with your comments about execution. You don't see many coaches doing a good job at that any more and the kids are not as active as they should be now a days. Most of the dominant teams a run oriented teams, look at Southside, Harbor and B'ville all power run teams that can pass the ball. All three have dominant defense. 4a & 5a (some not all) are the only 2 conferences I've seen lately that makes the comment about a pretty good defense and a great offense, but on almost every level it's the defense and a great one at that who takes home the hardware! JMIO

27 Trap

Quote from: Jacket dad on August 31, 2011, 02:35:57 am
Quote from: InYoGrill on August 29, 2011, 09:43:37 pm

I always knew your secret, all those reps on those specific plays caused your players to understand those plays and their roles in each. They didn't just run plays, they understood them. That is missing on so many teams these days.
Just want you to know that Mr. Phill, Yarnold, and Hill are always thinking about you and praying for the best!

Thanks so much, always great to hear from my "great friends" at Wynne, you will always hold a "special place" in my heart......

FD4

Hey there ole Trappy, good your gettin around.  You may remember me, I work for the fire department, talked to you several times, about Gus and the pass thing at U of A, my old mentor Joe Hart, well anyway, just wanted you to know that in my book you rate right up there with Kurt King, and Ole Pappa Bear Frank McClellan, in fact they should call it the Kurtis Frank Campbell award.  Men like yourself made men out of boys.  Example, My brothers both played football in 58 to 60.  To this very day, they can talke to someone else from Augusta that played against them at McCrory and talke about their coach, games and life.  You have heard it all I know, but being from Wynne, I know you understand that passion we had for your game.  I feel we should name a stadium after you or at least, some sort of field house or something.  May God continue to see fit to keep you in this world to make a change in someone else Coach,  Good luck and God Bless, Fred D. Heath, Wynne FD4.

AB™

September 07, 2011, 12:20:03 am #136 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:21:46 am by AB™
I know this goes off the current topic but I just read through the thread and was intrigued by the "defense wins championships" conversation.  I saw two Wynne teams play and remember two things:  1.)  Watching them on offense was frustrating as could be because they were so effective and also methodical and 2.)  They had some very stout defense. 

One game in particular that stands out Coach Campbell that I'm sure you remember much better than me is the 2004 state semi-finals.  I didn't play but was a senior at Alma that year and we drove across the state to watch the game.  I remember all year reading on here and hearing on the radio about Alma and Wynne and who the best team in AAAA was that year.  Both teams, of course, ran their variation of highly effective clock-killing ground games but, better yet, both teams were known for their incredible defenses.  I remember hearing about two monsters Wynne had on their defensive line, Cord Gray and L.T. Walker, and we had two of our own in Ryan Evans and DeShun Whitby.  It seemed we were destined to play Wynne at some point that year and, fortunately (and a bit unfortunately) after we beat Greenwood in the last game of the year to claim the AAAA West crown we knew it was going to be at Wynne in the state semi-finals.  Defense definitely ruled the day.  All I had heard about was the defensive line of Wynne and how great it was (one of the best this state has probably ever seen) and aside from Gray and Walker, you had two other big boys up front that were more than impressive.  And of all things, it was your secondary that made perhaps the biggest play of the game with a pick-six (I think, but could be wrong).  The only other touchdown we allowed was set-up after a long punt return that gave your offense a short field on which they capitalized for a touchdown.  We were only able to sustain two drives but only got points from one of them.  The other, of course, was the legendary goal-line stand you guys had to seal the 14-7 victory.  While I think Alma fans will always question the play-calls on those four plays from the one yard line, you had to tip your cap to the Wynne defense for standing strong in that situation.  I left that game disappointed and feeling that the two teams could play 10 times on a neutral field and both teams would win five games apiece.  I still maintain the two best teams from the 2004 season played that Friday night in Wynne, Arkansas, and not in War Memorial the following week.  Sorry Greenwood fans.  8) 

It's a game I'll never forget for several reasons and it leads me to my only question.  I grew up in Alma where we, much like in Wynne, breathed, ate, and slept high school football.  That game in particular pitted two of the best AAAA (now 5A) teams of this generation and, better yet, pitted two of the greatest coaches in Arkansas High School Football history against each other.  Growing up in Alma throughout the 90's and early to mid 2000's, I knew of two coaches:  Frank Vines (obviously) and Don Campbell.  The Dean and The General.  I know Coach Vines primarily ran the option out of the I-Formation, and your offense - despite also being very run heavy - was quite a bit different than his, but how well did and do you know Coach Vines?  I know Alma and Wynne had a few battles over the years (not sure which ones other than the 2004 game were during your Wynne tenure) 

Someone mentioned they'd like to sit down some of the legendary coaches from Arkansas down in front of a video camera and just let them talk high school football, and the two that instantly came to mind were yourself and Coach Vines.  I've always been very curious as whether you two talked much over the years? 

27 Trap

Quote from: AB™ on September 07, 2011, 12:20:03 am
I know this goes off the current topic but I just read through the thread and was intrigued by the "defense wins championships" conversation.  I saw two Wynne teams play and remember two things:  1.)  Watching them on offense was frustrating as could be because they were so effective and also methodical and 2.)  They had some very stout defense. 

One game in particular that stands out Coach Campbell that I'm sure you remember much better than me is the 2004 state semi-finals.  I didn't play but was a senior at Alma that year and we drove across the state to watch the game.  I remember all year reading on here and hearing on the radio about Alma and Wynne and who the best team in AAAA was that year.  Both teams, of course, ran their variation of highly effective clock-killing ground games but, better yet, both teams were known for their incredible defenses.  I remember hearing about two monsters Wynne had on their defensive line, Cord Gray and L.T. Walker, and we had two of our own in Ryan Evans and DeShun Whitby.  It seemed we were destined to play Wynne at some point that year and, fortunately (and a bit unfortunately) after we beat Greenwood in the last game of the year to claim the AAAA West crown we knew it was going to be at Wynne in the state semi-finals.  Defense definitely ruled the day.  All I had heard about was the defensive line of Wynne and how great it was (one of the best this state has probably ever seen) and aside from Gray and Walker, you had two other big boys up front that were more than impressive.  And of all things, it was your secondary that made perhaps the biggest play of the game with a pick-six (I think, but could be wrong).  The only other touchdown we allowed was set-up after a long punt return that gave your offense a short field on which they capitalized for a touchdown.  We were only able to sustain two drives but only got points from one of them.  The other, of course, was the legendary goal-line stand you guys had to seal the 14-7 victory.  While I think Alma fans will always question the play-calls on those four plays from the one yard line, you had to tip your cap to the Wynne defense for standing strong in that situation.  I left that game disappointed and feeling that the two teams could play 10 times on a neutral field and both teams would win five games apiece.  I still maintain the two best teams from the 2004 season played that Friday night in Wynne, Arkansas, and not in War Memorial the following week.  Sorry Greenwood fans.  8) 

It's a game I'll never forget for several reasons and it leads me to my only question.  I grew up in Alma where we, much like in Wynne, breathed, ate, and slept high school football.  That game in particular pitted two of the best AAAA (now 5A) teams of this generation and, better yet, pitted two of the greatest coaches in Arkansas High School Football history against each other.  Growing up in Alma throughout the 90's and early to mid 2000's, I knew of two coaches:  Frank Vines (obviously) and Don Campbell.  The Dean and The General.  I know Coach Vines primarily ran the option out of the I-Formation, and your offense - despite also being very run heavy - was quite a bit different than his, but how well did and do you know Coach Vines?  I know Alma and Wynne had a few battles over the years (not sure which ones other than the 2004 game were during your Wynne tenure) 

Someone mentioned they'd like to sit down some of the legendary coaches from Arkansas down in front of a video camera and just let them talk high school football, and the two that instantly came to mind were yourself and Coach Vines.  I've always been very curious as whether you two talked much over the years? 

Frankie Vines was one of the greatest coaches in the State, always had the greatest respect for him, know your defense better be able to cover all phases of the option or else he would pick you apart, he really got a lot from his kids, would make them play better  than they thought they could.....  A GREAT COACH, COACHES LIKE HIM DON'T COME AROUND OFTEN........
Remember the 04 game, a great game, we intercepted a pass and ran it back for a 14-7 victory, the wind played a part in that game , when the QB threw threw the ball with the wind it caused it to go over their receiver and our DB picked it off and ran it back......Also remember the stand in the four quarter, knew he was going to run the option on the fourth down play, our kids played it tough and stopped them, then we had to punt out of our end zone, our soph. punter did a great job and got it off and we held them to finish out the game.....It was a classic and we were fortunate to come out with a win, Alma was always tough to play because they were so well coached....

They beat us in 1999 in overtime 10-7, next year we won 15-7 , and then we had 2004 game, all great games, ones you will always remember....

AB™

Quote from: 27 Trap on September 07, 2011, 03:28:22 pm
Frankie Vines was one of the greatest coaches in the State, always had the greatest respect for him, know your defense better be able to cover all phases of the option or else he would pick you apart, he really got a lot from his kids, would make them play better  than they thought they could.....  A GREAT COACH, COACHES LIKE HIM DON'T COME AROUND OFTEN........
Remember the 04 game, a great game, we intercepted a pass and ran it back for a 14-7 victory, the wind played a part in that game , when the QB threw threw the ball with the wind it caused it to go over their receiver and our DB picked it off and ran it back......Also remember the stand in the four quarter, knew he was going to run the option on the fourth down play, our kids played it tough and stopped them, then we had to punt out of our end zone, our soph. punter did a great job and got it off and we held them to finish out the game.....It was a classic and we were fortunate to come out with a win, Alma was always tough to play because they were so well coached....

They beat us in 1999 in overtime 10-7, next year we won 15-7 , and then we had 2004 game, all great games, ones you will always remember....

I really appreciate the response coach.  I knew there was a time in the late 90's into the early 2000's when Alma and Wynne both had some great teams and I thought our paths had crossed sometime during those years. 

I could be wrong, but did we not run some sort of option on all four downs during that goal-line stand?  There may have been a straight toss or something but I'm thinking all four plays were run plays to the outside.  Either way, y'all defended all four plays beautifully.  I remember that pick-six vividly.  Our guy was open and I just remember the pass sailing (didn't think it was the wind at the time) and your defensive back taking it to the house.   

Coach Vines' option attack won him a ton of ballgames.  Excuse my ignorance (I'm a basketball guy) but are the differences between an option ground attack and running a bunch of traps and sweeps night and day?  Or are there some similarities?

One thing I remember about the Coach Vines era at Alma is that 21-0 or even 14-0 was sometimes considered a blowout in his clock-control defensive oriented scheme.  I remember seeing quite a few quarter-long drives.  I'm sure you had your share of those type of "blow-outs" and offensive drives yourself. 

My thoughts and prayers also go out to you and your health. 

27 Trap

Quote from: Rzback4Life on August 26, 2011, 04:47:40 pm
Update on Coach Campbell?

Got a great report from the CT Scan I took about a week ago, no visible sign of cancer...PTL........Am finally feeling better......ready for some football.....plan on going to the Vilonia / Beebe game tonight, both teams like to run the football,  should be a good game....Let me encourage fans to go out and support your local high school team tonight, nothing like High School Football.....

Lions84

PTL is right Coach we have been praying for YOU!  You and Pappa Frank at Barton are Coaching Legends.

PS I saw a HS team on the News last week down here in TX that was running your offense the Inverted Wishbone.  I was stunned because I had not seen it in years.

27 Trap

Quote from: Lions84 on September 16, 2011, 12:23:01 pm
PTL is right Coach we have been praying for YOU!  You and Pappa Frank at Barton are Coaching Legends.

PS I saw a HS team on the News last week down here in TX that was running your offense the Inverted Wishbone.  I was stunned because I had not seen it in years.

Just was watching Oklahoma vs Texas on ESPN  classic in late-sixties, Texas was running the wishbone  and Oklahoma had a Diamond T look with three backs  with FB lined up deep, had young man named Steve Owens back there and he was tough, their backs were line up a little deeper than what we did in the Diamond T.....I was a Jr. High Coach in Corning then and I know the head coach and I went out there the next year to see what all they did and they changed coaches and schemes, think they went to split back and had some great backs, think was was Greg Pruitt, and he could fly, they had a great year.....
I was watching some of the spread teams on TV a few weeks ago and one of them had three backs like the Diamond T, though they were deeper, couldn't believe it, things just keep changing.....They are always looking for better ways to attack the defense.......Know when I was running the Trap, always looked for different ways to block for the trap and things we could develop off the Trap......Great game,....Have a great weekend watching High School and College Football.......

WTD

Quote from: 27 Trap on October 07, 2011, 12:20:36 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on September 16, 2011, 12:23:01 pm

Just was watching Oklahoma vs Texas on ESPN  classic in late-sixties, Texas was running the wishbone  and Oklahoma had a Diamond T look with three backs  with FB lined up deep, had young man named Steve Owens back there and he was tough, their backs were line up a little deeper than what we did in the Diamond T.....I was a Jr. High Coach in Corning then and I know the head coach and I went out there the next year to see what all they did and they changed coaches and schemes, think they went to split back and had some great backs, think was was Greg Pruitt, and he could fly, they had a great year.....
I was watching some of the spread teams on TV a few weeks ago and one of them had three backs like the Diamond T, though they were deeper, couldn't believe it, things just keep changing.....They are always looking for better ways to attack the defense.......Know when I was running the Trap, always looked for different ways to block for the trap and things we could develop off the Trap......Great game,....Have a great weekend watching High School and College Football.......

I've seen pro teams line up in the diamond, their backs are a little deeper like you said. I believe the 2 and 4 backs are probably 3 to 3 1/2 off the ball vs. being 2 yards off the ball, and the 3 back is around 5 yards deep. I've seen the Falcons and the Packers line up in it. I also seen a "spread look" so you could say to the diamond out of the pistol formation. I call it the diamond pistol :). Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. run this formation. I watch a lot of Oregon Duck games and I know they trap block out of the gun.

27 Trap

Quote from: Father Guido on June 21, 2011, 08:36:33 am
Good stuff.  Love the stuff about winning becoming a habit.  True.  There's a big difference between stepping on the field and "thinking you CAN win", and "knowing you are GOING TO win".

Last night at half time of the Georgia / Vanderbilt game one of the TV reporters asked Coach Mark Richt why this particular person was not playing in the first half, Coach Richt said it was because he "loved him", that really got me, what he was saying is that he cared about this young man and evidently he was trying to teach him a lesson  or perhaps to stress a point about something.....We teach more that football out there, we teach "life", there are lessons to be learned out there on that field that you cannot  learn in a classroom, the importance of being a team mate and learning the responsibility that goes with that, the lesson of what you can do to make this a better team, what about your work habits, attitude, and the list can go on....Always said that the things in " life that mean to the most to us are the things that we work the hardest for", if things come easy this it has no value but when you put it on the line in the fourth quarter and give your best and overcome obstacles to become a "Champion", there is not greater feeling and something you will never forget......Football  is a great game but there are a lot  lessons to be learned out there and we need be thankful of "Coaches" are are teaching our young men what life is all about....

BHS

Quote from: 27 Trap on October 16, 2011, 08:53:15 pm
Quote from: Father Guido on June 21, 2011, 08:36:33 am
Good stuff.  Love the stuff about winning becoming a habit.  True.  There's a big difference between stepping on the field and "thinking you CAN win", and "knowing you are GOING TO win".

Last night at half time of the Georgia / Vanderbilt game one of the TV reporters asked Coach Mark Richt why this particular person was not playing in the first half, Coach Richt said it was because he "loved him", that really got me, what he was saying is that he cared about this young man and evidently he was trying to teach him a lesson  or perhaps to stress a point about something.....We teach more that football out there, we teach "life", there are lessons to be learned out there on that field that you cannot  learn in a classroom, the importance of being a team mate and learning the responsibility that goes with that, the lesson of what you can do to make this a better team, what about your work habits, attitude, and the list can go on....Always said that the things in " life that mean to the most to us are the things that we work the hardest for", if things come easy this it has no value but when you put it on the line in the fourth quarter and give your best and overcome obstacles to become a "Champion", there is not greater feeling and something you will never forget......Football  is a great game but there are a lot  lessons to be learned out there and we need be thankful of "Coaches" are are teaching our young men what life is all about....

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2011/05/25/mark-richt-says-decision-to-sell-lake-hartwell-property-was-christian-motivated/

Mark Richt is a class act.  Favorite coach in the country (besides Petrino, before any psycho arkansas fans say anything). 

Mr.FCHS2005

I just made this account but I've been following this topic for quite a while and just had to make an account for this topic. this topic hasn't been anything less than fantastic and such a learning experience. I can just imagine how it was to be an assistant coach under you. I remember those big boys gray and walker i had to block them from 03-05 LOL when we first started high school games as sophmores. I really hope this topic keeps going because I'm looking for further insight into the mind of a great coach. Also, you are in my prayers hope you get well soon COACH.

MR. FCHS2005

RD™

Coach it was great to hear you on the air again. I wish you nothing but the best and prayers for your recovery

Rzback4Life

Quote from: PC™ on November 03, 2011, 09:03:44 pm
Coach it was great to hear you on the air again. I wish you nothing but the best and prayers for your recovery
Well said.

InYoGrill

Saw coach at halftime in the box as he was visiting friends. He was joyous with the way V had played that first half.

27 Trap

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 03, 2011, 10:57:49 pm
Saw coach at halftime in the box as he was visiting friends. He was joyous with the way V had played that first half.

Really happy for all the Vilonia players and Coaches, it was a great way to end the season.....Congratulations on a outstanding win over a very good football team..........Hope the QB a Greenbrier will be all right, he can really throw the ball, wish them the best in the playoffs.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas