• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changes at Booneville

Started by WPWells, April 30, 2015, 11:48:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Just saw on Twitter that Ricky May is accepting the Waldron job

Coach Booneville

If there is anyone that can turn Waldron around, it's Ricky May. I really hate to see him go but excited for him at the same time. Nobody deserves this more.

AirWarren

WPWells

He was defensive coordinator at Booneville

Longfellow

adaptedtigerfan

I heard that you were taking it, Longfellow

TakeItDeep🏉

Quote from: Coach Booneville on April 30, 2015, 11:53:54 am
If there is anyone that can turn Waldron around, it's Ricky May. I really hate to see him go but excited for him at the same time. Nobody deserves this more.

Absolutely.  Looking forward to seeing him do well.   Congrats Coach May.

Longfellow

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 30, 2015, 01:10:07 pm
I heard that you were taking it, Longfellow
I've got about 3 years before I'm officially Coach Longfellow

Purple and Gold Bearcat82

Congrats to Coach May on getting the job. Hate to see him go but he so deserves this. The people in Waldron better get behind him and what he is going to do he is a great coach and a great man of God. I was honored to be able to play for him in Jr and Sr high. Good luck coach I'll be rooten for you.

Coach Booneville

May 01, 2015, 08:54:10 am #9 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:20:41 am by Coach Booneville
Quote from: Longfellow on April 30, 2015, 01:01:40 pm
Who is taking the DC job?
I figure they will hire within for the DC job.  I'm hoping they hire on the student coach they have had there this year.  He has always worked around the community and does a good job with the kids.  Works hard and the kids like him. 

nastynice

Quote from: Longfellow on April 30, 2015, 01:01:40 pm
Who is taking the DC job?
It will depend on who all goes with May to Waldron. His co-workers love him as much as the kids do.

adaptedtigerfan

I'm guessing oldschool will be in Orange n black next season....   Unless I can talk him into being a winner & wearin BLACK & GOLD.

Coach Jones

Coach Walker is also going.

Was the O-Line Coach, and my understanding is that he was the weight program guy. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on May 01, 2015, 01:23:02 pm
I'm guessing oldschool will be in Orange n black next season....   Unless I can talk him into being a winner & wearin BLACK & GOLD.

Negative ghost rider! Purple and gold all the way baby!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Coach Jones on May 01, 2015, 01:58:56 pm

Was the O-Line Coach, and my understanding is that he was the weight program guy.

They were after another coach as well.  Put in a good offer for a ground crew man as well.

Mr.Fridaynight11

After Hyatt leaves or retires, I hope that May will come and take the Job. He is an excellent Coach, and His departure from Booneville will have a huge impact. 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on May 01, 2015, 02:10:18 pm
Quote from: Coach Jones on May 01, 2015, 01:58:56 pm

They were after another coach as well.  Put in a good offer for a ground crew man as well.

Never under estimate the power of a good grounds keeper either....(~:

Longfellow

What about Mark Smith? Is he still at booneville?

nastynice

Longfellow

He is one of the funniest guys I have ever met. Definitely one of my favorite coaches

nastynice

Quote from: Longfellow on May 02, 2015, 09:23:15 am
He is one of the funniest guys I have ever met. Definitely one of my favorite coaches
He IS the funniest guy I've ever met. He keeps OLDSCHOOL and I entertained all the time.

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: nastynice on May 02, 2015, 12:23:46 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on May 02, 2015, 09:23:15 am
He IS the funniest guy I've ever met. He keeps OLDSCHOOL and I entertained all the time.
Agreed. He was my JR high coach, Sr high coach, and my youth pastor when I was growing up. Probably one of the most Entertaining people I have ever met.

Longfellow

He's a good man that's for sure. When he left at the end of my junior year, a lot of guys on the team were really torn up about it. Hated to see him leave but he's in a better position now

adaptedtigerfan

So is nastynice the assistant AD?

nastynice

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on May 03, 2015, 11:47:55 am
So is nastynice the assistant AD?
I'm more like an ADHD type of guy!

Jimbo Morphis

other changes will be moving back to 4a after next season.

OLDSCHOOL82

TakeItDeep🏉

It's my understanding Coach Walker will also be an Assist Principal.  Any confirmation?

WPWells

Quote from: TakeItDeep🏉 on May 08, 2015, 07:22:45 pm
It's my understanding Coach Walker will also be an Assist Principal.  Any confirmation?

You know the ball in your name is a rugby ball, not a football, right?

TakeItDeep🏉

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 08, 2015, 07:27:48 pm
Quote from: TakeItDeep🏉 on May 08, 2015, 07:22:45 pm

You know the ball in your name is a rugby ball, not a football, right?

Yes I do.  I made the account.  Do you have something against a world sport?   Play on!  Works for both, yes?

WPWells

No problem with it. Just curious on your thoughts on this upcoming high school rugby season

beach bum

College rugby only gets on national TV once a year for their NCAA tournament.... isn't that this time of year actually? I know the Ivy League schools and west coast schools have good teams.

Longfellow

Rugby is a fun sport to watch. Even played it once. And I'll tell you this much, football players are a bunch of sissies. We should've been playing rugby

WPWells

Clara Allen

Wow- congrats to Coach May.  I've gotten to know him through track this spring and he is the nicest guy.  Good luck at Waldron!

OLDSCHOOL82

Yes, walker will be an assistant principal.

ChucktownTiger

Heard Bville is after or already hired a Charleston Alum. They know where the talents at! ;)

Has there been any word on wether or not Ctown and Bville will
Continue to play after Bville moves up to 4a?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on May 12, 2015, 03:50:47 pm
Heard Bville is after or already hired a Charleston Alum. They know where the talents at! ;)

Chucktown said no.  The profit is too great for that game not to take place.  You boys need to work on the chucktown side and get them to play it!

we_hate_the_band

He's been to the holy land, climbed to the top of the mountain... He must be a simmering hot commodity.

Jabali

Not happening from what I hear. Booneville administration refusing to sell fix-A-flat at concession stand or consider a inflatable sheep as a service animal.

fbisgreat

I heard he might be @ Lavaca next year as the head baseball coach and assistant football coach.

adaptedtigerfan

I heard Bret B was talking to him about being the new special teams coach for 2021.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas