• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle at Charleston

Started by thatoneguy, August 18, 2016, 09:17:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Longfellow

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 23, 2016, 09:18:14 pm
Because 7pm is just to generic
Hold on there, Horse. It's 2016. Generic is a trigger word

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on August 23, 2016, 09:19:26 pm
Hold on there, Horse. It's 2016. Generic is a trigger word

I guess I'm behind the times?

The Dynasty

Quote from: Lineman on August 23, 2016, 06:38:09 pm
I know they used to play back in the 70s, but IDK what year was the last meeting. Those boys can be in the backfield all night long because our offense will have the ball downfield in a heartbeat. Bring the house & Jack will hit Shawn or Mason on a quick slant or Phil across the middle. If you stay back to cover the pass then Ketter will slice & dice for 20yds. It's going to be a long week.

Lineman just breaking it down from a fundamental standpoint!!!!

Lineman

tiger2016

ChucktownTiger

My prediction Charleston 35-21 The Sand Lizards with a late score.

As long as the O line gets the blocks and gives Jack time in the pocket, we're gonna score. We have way to many offensive weapons not to. I'm excited to see how we use Ketter, he's a football player!!!!!

I couldn't make it Monday night but I heard our D looked improved. I heard it looked like a whole new team compared to last year. They were wrapping up and making good form tackles. Something we didn't do last year. Heard the D ends and D backs were impressive. With a couple players on their third year and several on their second we shouldn't see the fundamental mistakes we saw last year. We have experience and that should help a lot this year.

Tuesday night can't get here fast enough. Also taking volunteers to dump chickens. Getting birds back Tuesday, for some reason Ok doesn't seem to understand there's a Tiger football game that day. No pay just a great experience. Lol
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Wonderdog

Will this game have a live stream or a radio broadcast? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

GBattack

If it is broadcast on radio I'd try KDYN which is 92.7 for us here.

The Dynasty

If the Tigers can hold their own against D'nelle offensive line we should be in good shape. This will be a great earl test for the Tigers.

BAMA#16

The kids are really jacked up for this game.

The Ghost of Stephen Wood

I figure the Sand Lizards are going to find out what the 3A is all about tomorrow night. The Tigers looked much better on D with Stewart taking over at DC in the scrimmage. With the skilled kids Kendrick has to work with on offense this year the Tiger offense should be scary good. I think the Tigers wear down the Lizards and leave with a 2 TD victory. At that point I will light my fat as a dolphin Cuban victory Cigar and think about how fun it will be mercy ruling Episcopal U on their home turf next week. Later haters!

ChucktownTiger

This can't be the real Steve Wood. He would smoke a much more expensive cigar:

Proud Buckaroo

I just cannot believe ECS only has 15 players.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 29, 2016, 04:40:05 pm
I just cannot believe ECS only has 15 players.

I was talking to a friend from Booneville today. He thought I was lying when I told him that. I'm sure they'll be talented but, that's pretty bad. Bville plays pea ridge either this week or next and said they had 80 players.

dropthemic

I still like Charleston, I got to watch them play twice last year. I think they will have reloaded at most positions. Could always be wrong though.

BAMA#16

I wish we played Hector or Booneville in non conference this year, instead of ECS. I could be wrong, they may come out with guns a blazing, but 15 players, wow!!

Lineman

Quote from: dropthemic on August 29, 2016, 05:16:13 pm
I still like Charleston, I got to watch them play twice last year. I think they will have reloaded at most positions. Could always be wrong though.
Could be, but your not!!

GBattack

Sharing from Facebook.

"Tiger fans tomorrow night is the first game of the season.  Before the game starts please join us for a prayer behind the east end zone in front of the field house.  Please share this post and invite the Dardanelle fans to join us as we pray for our coaches, our student athletes and the community as a whole. A very special tradition that makes a difference."

BAMA#16

Should be a different Tiger team this year.

The Dynasty

I fed one tonight that is FIRED UP and ready!!!!

Lineman

It's game day, baby!!  Time to get this party started & to "rock steady". GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

macadoshis

Make room for some Lamar folk.  A bunch of us are gonna load up and make the trip over tonight. 

adaptedtigerfan

I think you are doing a fine job in my absence. Mr. Lineman. 

Lineman

Quote from: macadoshis on August 30, 2016, 03:44:47 am
Make room for some Lamar folk.  A bunch of us are gonna load up and make the trip over tonight.
We'll have the VIP section roped off. Be sure to wear something black & gold, you just might enjoy it.

Proud Buckaroo

What's the radio station this will be on??

GBattack

I'm not positive PB but typically it would be KDYN/KLYR out of Ozark.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: GBattack on August 30, 2016, 08:02:08 am
I'm not positive PB but typically it would be KDYN/KLYR out of Ozark.

Thanks. 😉

BAMA#16

The only radio link I could find was KWXT 1490 AM, some of the Tiger faithful could probably tell you.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 29, 2016, 04:52:12 pm
I was talking to a friend from Booneville today. He thought I was lying when I told him that. I'm sure they'll be talented but, that's pretty bad. Bville plays pea ridge either this week or next and said they had 80 players.

You don't have any friends in Booneville.

BAMA#16

The station I found was Dardanelle, I believe.

The Dynasty

I'm pretty confident that the Tiger passing game will give D'nelle's secondary fits. If we can hold our own along the defensive line we win this game.

BAMA#16

Yeah, I also believe if the front four can disrupt Dardy's line, our linebackers will be able to fly to the ball.

Gray lizard

Good luck to the Tigers.  It should be a great game.  I hope I can make it.  Let me tell you something though.  There is a football team coming to Charleston and it will be a great measuring stick for both programs.

The Dynasty

Quote from: BAMA#16 on August 30, 2016, 09:04:47 am
Yeah, I also believe if the front four can disrupt Dardy's line, our linebackers will be able to fly to the ball.

Agreed. If we can hang in there until the second half I think we will wear them down.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 30, 2016, 09:18:35 am
Good luck to the Tigers.  It should be a great game.  I hope I can make it.  Let me tell you something though.  There is a football team coming to Charleston and it will be a great measuring stick for both programs.

This is a true statement. This should be one of the best non conference games of the week if not the year. Safe travels and hopefully you can make it down.

Longfellow

Two games in Yell County tonight and I have to be in attendance at the other one. To make matters worse, it's at the place that shall not be named

BAMA#16

Gray Lizard, I agree, this should be a good measuring stick for both squads, it will just be a plus for the winner, can't go wrong playing this game, it will give insight on what both teams need to work on for conference.

BAMA#16

Dynasty, I think the heat coming off the turf will be a factor in the second half, my son said it may wear the big boys down. I see a lot of cramping in this one.

CapnObvious

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 30, 2016, 08:06:24 am
You don't have any friends in Booneville.
[/quote
Would you be his friend if he bought you a cheese dip Old School ? 😃

The Dynasty

Quote from: BAMA#16 on August 30, 2016, 09:47:57 am
Dynasty, I think the heat coming off the turf will be a factor in the second half, my son said it may wear the big boys down. I see a lot of cramping in this one.

I agree. I was hoping for a little rain around 4:00 like yesterday but it doesn't look like that will happen. It was 79 degrees at 7 last night in Chucktown.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: The Ghost of Stephen Wood on August 29, 2016, 03:48:46 pm
I figure the Sand Lizards are going to find out what the 3A is all about tomorrow night. The Tigers looked much better on D with Stewart taking over at DC in the scrimmage. With the skilled kids Kendrick has to work with on offense this year the Tiger offense should be scary good. I think the Tigers wear down the Lizards and leave with a 2 TD victory. At that point I will light my fat as a dolphin Cuban victory Cigar and think about how fun it will be mercy ruling Episcopal U on their home turf next week. Later haters!
Will be a good game, but Dardanelle won't wear down, probably one of the best conditioned teams in 4A.

CapnObvious

Should be a battle of conditioning then because Chucktown is in pretty good shape ..

Lacerta agilis

If the game comes down to the wire and the deciding factor is conditioning, I like our chances a lot. Depth could be an issue, but conditioning will not be.

Lineman

The turf is a lot warmer than natural grass, especially the black endzones, sand lizards may want to stay out of those. It could be a deciding factor.

Longfellow

I didn't realize this game was at Charleston. Now I won't be able to sneak away from Danville

Sigmund Sauer

August 30, 2016, 01:27:58 pm #95 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:39:09 pm by Sigmund Sauer

If it's close it may come down to a field goal. Dardanelle's Temo Martinez is "consistent" from 50 yards.

WPWells

Won't be close enough for that to matter

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Lineman on August 30, 2016, 12:46:47 pm
The turf is a lot warmer than natural grass, especially the black endzones, sand lizards may want to stay out of those. It could be a deciding factor.

If the end zones are warmer, Sand Lizards gravitate toward heat. I just hope it's in the right direction.  ;D

The Ghost of Stephen Wood

Tigers playing for Hambre tonight.

Jack1990

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas