• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 players from each region next year BOYS and GIRLS

Started by BeastieBoy13, April 29, 2016, 02:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BeastieBoy13

dreamweaver68

Warhawkpa80

ErnestTBass

Boys-- 1st and 2nd team at Greers Ferry until they lost to Edgemont in the finals of Scotland's team camp

ErnestTBass

I got it!! Starting four at Enola!! That one boy that likes shoot way out there from Shrliy! The clock keeper and bookkeeper from Nemo. Athletic director from Quitman!! That tall boy from Bradfurd. Damon Teas from Guy. Best ten hands down

ErnestTBass

I got scoop and news coming down the pike from none other than the greatest and most understood coach of all time. It seems after Greers Ferry finished the summer season a mere 69-1 and was 69-naught at one time but got sniped by the Edgemont Edgers that THE COACH of all coaches has seen it for to come up with some noises I mean strategies! They are top secret. None of the top seeds will have to be of use to them. Edgemont Prim Drasco Scotland and Beverage Town won't be allowed because they are all top seeds anyway!! Enola Naylor Bay the Thunderbirds and other lower seeds cannot and will not be tolerated to use these technekes! Higher seeds only. Top secret A's and B's cause Rog at Enola-Naylor high school has plumb ran us out of x and o's and there ain't no more to use!! I'm excited to be the message man on this! I'd be Doin pelvic pops over it but when the Boss told me about it I must of pulled something around back! Might not be Doin many regular style but I did try a few layin crosswise instead of the sidestraddlin variety. Boss gave it top seed approval!! But he said you others were free and clear to do all the pelvic pops you wanted over the new strategy and materials! Just remember lower seeds only

Moonshiner

I'm beginning to wonder if a serious discussion can be had in the Class A board.  Every thread gets hijacked by nonsense.

ErnestTBass

The Boss or His Bossness to all the lower seeded programs is very serious about the new strategies!! It's top secret tonight but won't be tomorrow. It's gonna spread its wings like the 83 bunch did! It's forthright and fourthcoming for homecoming ! Wait till those finishing moves come about! All you naysayers will want some then but some wont

J.D.

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 15, 2016, 07:45:39 pm
I'm beginning to wonder if a serious discussion can be had in the Class A board.  Every thread gets hijacked by nonsense.

It's actually sad. 

ErnestTBass

This board literally does an agonizing death every summer!! There's a few of us that still have a sense of humor and keep it light! No harm intended! When the lights come on Ernest T will be here in all seriousness! In the meantime be looking for the 7 corner delay game where you put a player in all 7 corners if you like methemetrics - we got that from the Germans-- and the Polock Pow Wow where you put a hatchet man with old Woodrow's broom under the basket and he gives em the old 1-2 and a 1-2-3 upside the head. Guaranteed to work in tandem or solitaire! There it is the 7 corner delay and the Polock Pow Wow the Boss brought back from the Co-rean war. Boom

ErnestTBass

I have a most serious question. After 1 day of practice who looked like a state champion yesterday 🤔.

Real deal

Amen!!

Warhawkpa80

No joke! I just want to hear about Bay and everything they do. Is that too much to ask?

ErnestTBass

Dang it me too. Would everybody just cool it please!

yesteryearman

I hope this doesn't get classified as nonsense, but how can 2016-2017 Class A be anything but Bay #1 and Guy #2....re-classifications, blended schedules or not, who else has the players or coaching to compete with Bay or Guy when it comes tournament time?

ballmember

class a has turned into what school has the most transfers in.  notice i did not say recruiting because no one does that.    has taken away from what class a once represented.   not sour grapes just is what is going on with approval from triple a   so it must be ok.     would like for whatever school i am for to have a lot of transfers in.       

ballmember

how many starters on your class a team have been in school there since the 7th grade???   

Warhawkpa80

All of MVE been here since 7th grade. Got a coach I would put up against anybody. Including Brannamon and hitchcraft.

ballmember

I actually think he would beat Brannon and Hutchcraft if he had the same transfers in.   A good coach.   Some are just good handling transfers.    Some can actually coach transfers also.

lineman76

All of ours have been here since 7th grade all but one since kindergarten

Real deal

August 29, 2016, 10:14:56 am #20 Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:18:22 am by Real deal
Bay 15-16 1-15 k-12 at Bay one player was 8-12
Bay 16-17 1-8 k-12 at Bay if we go further than that there may be a non-lifer

MVE has a great coach, Coach Brannen would tell you the same.  Hutchcraft doesn't belong in conversation with those 2 IMO.  Brannen has not had one team at Bay with as much talent as Guy 2009-10, 2010-11 or Guy 2015-16, what do all those years have in common?  Bay beat Guy, Hutchcraft only win over Brannen, October of 2015 and I think we all know what happened in the semi's in 2016.  Brannen 5 Hutch 1.  If you were a great coach and you had what Guy had coming back, wouldn't you be itching to play Bay?  I think you all probably know that wont happen regular season and I'm sure you know why.  Bay will play MVE this year, of course we will go there first, but I am confident MVE will return the trip in 17-18 unlike some other guarantees that weren't kept in the past.  Why will MVE?  Great coach,  Oh and man for man this year no one has as much talent as Guy.

ballmember

I thought last year that Guy had more talent than Bay.   However, Bay is well coached and they sure had a couple young men that were awful good ball players.  I know one of them graduated.   Enjoyed watching them play.   Hope some teams come around and give Guy trouble come state tournament time.  Also may be important where state tourney is located this year.   And ideas who will bid??     Getting ready !!!

ErnestTBass

Say what you want about Guy and Hcraft as long as you include something about unparalleled success! If we are going to be okay with schools up north getting transfers and move ins to win then we gotta acknowledge the Tbirds. Not a fan of the program or their methods and shenanigans but it is what it is. 4 decades of success when Class B and A was hard to win in. They aren't some recent version of watered down success. And this is all hard for me to say!! Sooooo there's your serious argument and conversation you people were crowing for a couple weeks ago. AND Greers Ferry will bid state cause the Bossman and ErnestT said so. Go Edgemont Edgers!!!

Real deal

Quote from: ErnestTBass on August 29, 2016, 07:50:09 pm
Say what you want about Guy and Hcraft as long as you include something about unparalleled success! If we are going to be okay with schools up north getting transfers and move ins to win then we gotta acknowledge the Tbirds. Not a fan of the program or their methods and shenanigans but it is what it is. 4 decades of success when Class B and A was hard to win in. They aren't some recent version of watered down success. And this is all hard for me to say!! Sooooo there's your serious argument and conversation you people were crowing for a couple weeks ago. AND Greers Ferry will bid state cause the Bossman and ErnestT said so. Go Edgemont Edgers!!!

First of all I hope WSGF gets state.  I'm not following some of the rest of this here.  I will say Guy is a storied program, no doubt and their coach deserves credit for that and again if his players are legal I don't care anything about that.  Now I think you seem to be implying that Guy had success when Class A and B were tougher?  OK, I don't know if this is what we are doing or not, but since it kind of sounds like it, I'll take it on.  If we are again somehow comparing GUY and BAY there is no comparison.  All this success by bay in your "watered down" Class A, ok lets say I agree but has GUY not been class A during all those watered down years?  Scoreboard reads GUY state champs 2009 Bays first year in Class A.  Bay 11, 13, 15, and 16 champs and 10 Runner-up.  So what I'm saying is wasn't guy in Class A in 11,13,15, and 16? Yes they were and they haven't won it, in two of those years directly because of Bay.  So I would make the argument I guess that when Guy was winning their state championships bay was in the old A now AA.  In which they were finalists in 92,93, and 98 and were really good in a lot of years between that and around that.  You name guys championship years in A, I'll go out on a limb and say Bay would have handled themselves fine against Guy.  When we are talking about Boys basketball not real sure that GUY success is unparalleled anymore, you throw in the girls then ok GUY coach gets extra bonus pts for sure.  Bay's boys can't help that. I will say again, GUY will be by far the most talented team this year in Class A with a great shot to win a state title.  I guess without trying to be biased at all BAY BOYS program is ahead of GUYS but both are really really good.  Two of the best in the state regardless of classification.  Oh and no one ever said anything about transfers or move ins being OK in the north and not in GUY as far as I've seen on here from Bay anyway.

Backboard Shattered

I just wish the team that Im gonna be a super fan of has great move ins in the school.  Wait a sec......they do!   How many titles does Hutch have?  How many does Brand?  I played Guy back in the day it was glorious in the 80s.  Watched a lot of balls in 90s.  a lot in 2000s.  If you can win titles in all of those I give you props.  Prob helped there was a few "move ins"  but all the good teams do that right?  Wait a sec no they dont just the ones that keep being in contention.  LOL.  I know a coach that if he would have moved in 40 kids prob would won 33 titles in a row now. 

Real deal

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on August 30, 2016, 11:48:27 am
I just wish the team that Im gonna be a super fan of has great move ins in the school.  Wait a sec......they do!   How many titles does Hutch have?  How many does Brand?  I played Guy back in the day it was glorious in the 80s.  Watched a lot of balls in 90s.  a lot in 2000s.  If you can win titles in all of those I give you props.  Prob helped there was a few "move ins"  but all the good teams do that right?  Wait a sec no they dont just the ones that keep being in contention.  LOL.  I know a coach that if he would have moved in 40 kids prob would won 33 titles in a row now.

How many does Hutch have? I always hear 9 between boys and girls but never have heard how it was split?

Backboard Shattered

No idea that's why I was asking.  How many does Brand have?

Real deal

yesteryearman

Quote from: BeastieBoy13 on April 29, 2016, 02:32:35 pm
Lets hear it.

Who has the best program, who has had the best program, who is the best coach...all good topics for discussion.  However, as far as 2016-2017 is concerned, Bay has proven that they are #1 until somebody beats them in the state tournament.  I'm not up on who has or hasn't moved in or out for 2016/2017, but I believe that Guy will have 4 starters back, and Bay will have three.  Just looks to me that, on paper, Guy will have more talent on the floor than Bay, but there is no way I would bet against Bay not coming in with three-peat.  This is just the way I see it, and I don't really see anybody else challenging either of them come tournament time.

ErnestTBass

Coach Bradley at Bay is a good coach and smarter man I suppose and I'll leave it at that!! However I agree with Backboard that given the same "talent" that there are a bunch of fellas in our area around the greatest lake of all time that could hoist trophies and beat their chest too!! And count my supervisor and mentor as one of em! Jack Hutchcraft has been the gold standard for success in ClassB and A basketball since arriving at Guy like it or not. His two best teams didn't win it because Class B had about 40 worthy teams not like today's version where there might be 5. Anybody remember having to get to your district finals to get to the regional and regional finals to get to state and draw Wabbaseka or Parkdale or Gould or should I go on. Yes today's teams are watered down. I'll take a dash of seriousness with my comedy please. Y'all just too young to remember

Real deal

Quote from: ErnestTBass on August 30, 2016, 05:01:06 pm
Coach Bradley at Bay is a good coach and smarter man I suppose and I'll leave it at that!! However I agree with Backboard that given the same "talent" that there are a bunch of fellas in our area around the greatest lake of all time that could hoist trophies and beat their chest too!! And count my supervisor and mentor as one of em! Jack Hutchcraft has been the gold standard for success in ClassB and A basketball since arriving at Guy like it or not. His two best teams didn't win it because Class B had about 40 worthy teams not like today's version where there might be 5. Anybody remember having to get to your district finals to get to the regional and regional finals to get to state and draw Wabbaseka or Parkdale or Gould or should I go on. Yes today's teams are watered down. I'll take a dash of seriousness with my comedy please. Y'all just too young to remember

Point taken, I remember all of them, now what years did Guy win it in boys?  Brannen doesn't beat his chest, I will give to the fact that some us do that for him, he most humble coach I know for someone who is 460-132 in 15 yrs and 336-86 at bay with 4 state championships in his 10 yrs at Bay.  So your talking about coaches around Lake Norfork?

Backboard Shattered

Ernest great post.  Hutch has done what every other Coach strives for.  Won 9 titles!  Well we know that some kids moved in there but still he has 9.  Brady just told me if he had all the school openings Bay and Guy have he would have the best lunches and the cleanest floors ever and 33 straight titles.  He then stone cold stunnered me and said get outta my face Im the best ever.  I lost 4 of my 9 teeth but I agree with him

ErnestTBass

Best to not ever disagree!! I'm not Hutch publicist cause I work for the best and that ain't him or Bradley at Bay. But I do know the success attained these days at Class A schools comes with an asterisk as in move ins and transfers as opposed to back in my day when everybody and everything was homegrown!  Y'all not homegrown up there in the flatlands and cotton country. We breathe the clean air here around Greers Ferry. It keeps our minds clean and egos in check! Quick math adds up to more than the maximum number of games allowed which is illegal but who cares about that or bad methemetrics one! Clean living and following the rules will get ha every time old Woodrow used to tell us! I believed him

jacketman

"We breathe the clean air here around Greers Ferry. It keeps our minds clean and egos in check! "

Holy shenanigans!.........LOL!

ErnestTBass

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Real deal on August 31, 2016, 10:06:43 am
Point taken, I remember all of them, now what years did Guy win it in boys?  Brannen doesn't beat his chest, I will give to the fact that some us do that for him, he most humble coach I know for someone who is 460-132 in 15 yrs and 336-86 at bay with 4 state championships in his 10 yrs at Bay.  So your talking about coaches around Lake Norfork?

Hutch has been at Guy, since 1979 I believe....

Championships
5 in Girls...1982, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005(School had one pre Hutchcraft in 1972)
4 in Boys...1997, 2005, 2006, 2009

Hutchcrafts style of Coaching doesn't tend to match up well with equally talented teams, that play a disciplined style of basketball...

ErnestTBass

Where did you get your information please?? I want to check some facts!!

HorseFeathers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arkansas_state_high_school_basketball_champions

Has a link to the record book in the sources at the bottom...I've cross referenced it to make sure before...

ErnestTBass

I want to see the trend of forced school consolidation down south and east and how many state championships were won north of I-40. Very few and I can only think of one!! Any guesses?? That's right The 1983 State Champions THE GREERS FERRY WESTSIDE EAgLES. Coach Brady at the helm. Woodrow cleaning the gym and bus and Eddie Hipp growling about how the girls didn't get any breaks. Conway St Joseph to make two and that's all folks!!

HorseFeathers

Conway st joe won class b? in 1986....violet hill win in 1983....

ErnestTBass

Heck I don't know!! I'm still confused as to how many fearless posters were out of diapers in 83. LOL! Where's Violet Hill? If it ain't within bike riding distance of Higden then I don't know. I just know it's a loooong bike ride from the Narrows Bridge to Andrews Liquor in Center Ridge but a much easier ride back. Cause it's downhill

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ErnestTBass on August 31, 2016, 07:19:37 pm
Heck I don't know!! I'm still confused as to how many fearless posters were out of diapers in 83. LOL! Where's Violet Hill? If it ain't within bike riding distance of Higden then I don't know. I just know it's a loooong bike ride from the Narrows Bridge to Andrews Liquor in Center Ridge but a much easier ride back. Cause it's downhill

Part of icc now

ErnestTBass

Was state held there that year?? Used to be a real home court advantage back then! Finals were played on site and then AAA greed and politics took over

OwlFan4

What happened to the original question from this thread?  What does the discussion of Bay & Guy have to do with the top 10 players from each region?  Name their players that would make this year's list.  Also, according to the AAA's website Bay is the largest class A school with an average attendance in high school of 125 for determining their classification for 2016-2018.  That's larger than 13 of the class AA schools, I don't understand why they are still in class A.  Guy's average student count was 85.67 which makes them the 25th smallest school in class A.  Emerson, who lost the last 2 state finals to Bay, had an average of 61 students, and are the 19th smallest school in class A.
Here's a vote for Jeff Jefferson from Emerson as one of the top 2 or 3 players from his region.  I hear the Ballard kid from Guy is one of the top players for them.  Also, I think Bay only graduated 1, maybe 2 players from last year's state championship team.  They probably have a player or 2 that ought to be on this list.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OwlFan4 on September 01, 2016, 02:27:48 pm
What happened to the original question from this thread?  What does the discussion of Bay & Guy have to do with the top 10 players from each region?  Name their players that would make this year's list.  Also, according to the AAA's website Bay is the largest class A school with an average attendance in high school of 125 for determining their classification for 2016-2018.  That's larger than 13 of the class AA schools, I don't understand why they are still in class A.  Guy's average student count was 85.67 which makes them the 25th smallest school in class A.  Emerson, who lost the last 2 state finals to Bay, had an average of 61 students, and are the 19th smallest school in class A.
Here's a vote for Jeff Jefferson from Emerson as one of the top 2 or 3 players from his region.  I hear the Ballard kid from Guy is one of the top players for them.  Also, I think Bay only graduated 1, maybe 2 players from last year's state championship team.  They probably have a player or 2 that ought to be on this list.

region 4....Kirby has a guard that deserve a mention....

yesteryearman

Quote from: OwlFan4 on September 01, 2016, 02:27:48 pm

Ok, back to the original discussion.........I agree on Jefferson from  Emerson and would add the coaches son from Kirby.  I agree on Ballard from Guy and Layne is probably the best clutch 3pt shooter in class A, McFadden with his size will be very tough to handle inside.  Not really that up to date on the other regions and districts, but year in and year out County Line will have a very good player.  And not sure about the former AA schools that moved into Class A

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on September 01, 2016, 03:18:13 pm
Ok, back to the original discussion.........I agree on Jefferson from  Emerson and would add the coaches son from Kirby.  I agree on Ballard from Guy and Layne is probably the best clutch 3pt shooter in class A, McFadden with his size will be very tough to handle inside.  Not really that up to date on the other regions and districts, but year in and year out County Line will have a very good player.  And not sure about the former AA schools that moved into Class A

Fairly certain that county line has another gattis....
MVE has a couple players that have a chance of being good as well..

ErnestTBass

I already mentioned mine earlier! I stand by mine but I'm pulling Damon Teas out for failure to order a playbook!

Real deal

So finally, some descent conversation.  First of all, thanks for the info on GUY HF.  So in boys its Hutch 4, Brannen 4 and while they have been in same classification 4-1 Brannen with a 5-1 record over Guy.  Second, there's no way you work for anyone smarter than Brad Brannen Ernest T.  Third, I covered all the numbers and all that earlier when ET started throwing non supported facts out there, its just that ET didn't acknowledge the facts I gave.  I particularly liked how he overlooked the facts about Bay's roster.  This is the FIRST cycle where Bay has been listed as the largest 1A school since they have been in 1A. The reason for there being 12 schools not as large listed as AA is because they petitioned to stay up because of travel or other reasons that are better for their district I'm sure.  You can petition to stay up but not petition to go down, been that way for years. Emerson is small, they are consolidated with two other districts, so Taylor and Bradley have a number to, they could choose to play together at anytime and form one team and be a higher number Class A or smaller AA school.  Also, players move around between the schools, especially in baseball, and that is the way it should be.   

Bay has played where they have been assigned, I will admit that didn't bode well for many but its not Bay's fault and Bay is no metropolis.  In Craighead county, arguably the best basketball county in the state and no doubt the best basketball conference and region when you throw in Poinsett, Mississippi county etc.  There is not another school that Bay is within 200 students of in enrollment and that is starting with BIC and Riverside (who is now AAA) EPC, Marked Tree etc.  Difference, Bay plays them, competes with them, often beats them and the ET's of the world don't like it.  Move ins, transfers, give me a break!  Students are going to move, its the new way of the world, the system is set up that way by the federal government and the ADE.  You go to any forum on this board and someone is talking about players moving, or will we get this guy or that girl, most of it like its common place.  I'm not saying I agree, and I can't help it WSGF never gets any new athletes apparently, but it is a beautiful place to live, Greers Ferry lake in no way rivals Lake Norfork but its OK.  I'm done posting again for awhile,  thank you to yesteryearman and those like him for being objective, its good to know there are still some objective people out there. Good luck to everyone!!

Backboard Shattered

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas