• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's going on in Go-Devil Land

Started by BigBob, August 14, 2017, 09:47:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBob

Gurdon's best player transfers to Prescott. This should add some heat to that  rivalrly. Has Gurdon really fell that far off to where they can't keep their star players at home?!

Proud Buckaroo

Transfers during school year... He will have to either sit out a year or... did he do this befor school? Must be done by legit move and 2 weeks or more before school year. If I'm not mistaken.

BigBob

Think it's just happened, officially. Don't think he has started fall camp
With them.

Proud Buckaroo

Pretty sure by AAA rule he cannot participate in the same sport for one calendar year.

SR30

Only way he can play thus year is if he made a legit move into the Prescott school district or gurdon gave him an out right release.

dawgpound

His family would have to move that includes cutting off all utilities and getting all new utilities in Prescott. I think he has 10 days after school starts to make the move, but that timeline could be wrong. I did learn a lot about this sort of stuff last year tho

bigman5570

Quote from: BigBob on August 14, 2017, 09:47:49 pm
Gurdon's best player transfers to Prescott. This should add some heat to that  rivalrly. Has Gurdon really fell that far off to where they can't keep their star players at home?!

I'd wager to say there is more to it than that.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bigman5570 on August 15, 2017, 11:55:18 am
I'd wager to say there is more to it than that.

"Hey buddy. Come on down here and we'll guarantee you a starting spot."

BigBob

He was gurdons bread and butter though.. he isn't a scrub. P-town coaches are ecstatic to have him too.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dawgpound on August 15, 2017, 11:35:57 am
His family would have to move that includes cutting off all utilities and getting all new utilities in Prescott. I think he has 10 days after school starts to make the move, but that timeline could be wrong. I did learn a lot about this sort of stuff last year tho
Proof of a legitimate move as in Parent's or legal guardian's utilities is correct.

dawgpound

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dawgpound on August 15, 2017, 02:23:59 pm
How good was gurden last year?

Muldrow was the best thing they had last year. 1300+ yards passing and 900+ yards rushing.

ghoti

moved to his fathers house in prescott started first day of school. thats all a know

dawgpound

If his dad is the one with legal custody it's fine if not the mom better start moving

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dawgpound on August 15, 2017, 09:45:06 pm
If his dad is the one with legal custody it's fine if not the mom better start moving
Yea because if they don't the AAA will ???Not do a thing. Are the wolves becoming Nashville of 3a?

KOJACK

Quote from: Oldman on August 16, 2017, 06:18:28 am
Yea because if they don't the AAA will ???Not do a thing. Are the wolves becoming Nashville of 3a?
We're trying...hired a recruit coordinator this summer.

Jimbo Morphis

KOJACK

It's about time the south finally started doing what the north and central have been doing for years...

bigman5570

Quote from: ghoti on August 15, 2017, 05:23:43 pm
moved to his fathers house in prescott started first day of school. thats all a know

I assume that means his father has a home in the district then.

bigman5570

Quote from: KOJACK on August 16, 2017, 10:33:58 am
It's about time the south finally started doing what the north and central have been doing for years...

:o

GrindTime

Gurdon kicked him off like 2 weeks before school & he has too much talent not to be playing ball his sr year ..

old.dole

bigman5570

Quote from: GrindTime on August 16, 2017, 06:21:23 pm
Gurdon kicked him off like 2 weeks before school & he has too much talent not to be playing ball his sr year ..

I have pretty reliable resources that refute that claim. He quit the team in Gurdon. Not sure on the specifics as to why.

GrindTime

Quote from: bigman5570 on August 16, 2017, 08:22:35 pm
I have pretty reliable resources that refute that claim. He quit the team in Gurdon. Not sure on the specifics as to why.

Well maybe Gurdon should have put their pride to the side and got him back you don't let your best player leave the team especially TOWN for some petty reason.

bigman5570

Quote from: GrindTime on August 16, 2017, 08:41:45 pm
Well maybe Gurdon should have put their pride to the side and got him back you don't let your best player leave the team especially TOWN for some petty reason.

Don't know all the details, but from what I've heard, I wouldn't consider it a petty reason. Who knows! Best of luck to him!

Beaver Fever

Heard he was living with a prescott FB coach.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 17, 2017, 11:03:35 am
Use lighter line and smaller bait.

AmSycho

Jimbo Morphis

NWA Hawg

Quote from: GrindTime on August 16, 2017, 08:41:45 pm

So what was the reason?

dawgpound

I heard he was a punk.  don't roast me that's what I heard I don't know the kid

southarkdaddy

After last year, do we really think the AAA cares about their own player transfer eligibility rules?  They threw that out the window and it probably cost hermitage their football program in the long run. 

dawgpound

They wasn't going to have a team they just prolonged it to try to make Hampton look bad for the kids moving

Dr. Defense

KOJACK

That was last year...he graduated  ;D

old.dole

Haha wasn't with the coach it was one the family's rent houses. Haha

GrindTime

Quote from: dawgpound on August 17, 2017, 01:31:10 pm
4.42 40 , 5'11, 193 pounds that's a good "punk" to have on your football team.

Skip Baymore

Wow.  Definitely lots of rumors on this one.  I have a buddy at GR who said he had a relative there and was thinking about a move in.  He said GR didn't want it because the attention might reveal that GR should actually be playing in 4A but has been fudging its numbers for years?   Interesting stuff.

Rida4Life

Hampton fans giving advice on transfer rules! 
The beauty of Fearless Friday!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: GrindTime on August 17, 2017, 09:37:06 pm
4.42 40 , 5'11, 193 pounds that's a good "punk" to have on your football team.

No PUNK is a good one to have on the team. This is the problem with today's youth. kids are allowed to be punks because because in this case he is a good football player. 

KOJACK

Quote from: fann07 on August 18, 2017, 10:42:51 am
No PUNK is a good one to have on the team. This is the problem with today's youth. kids are allowed to be punks because because in this case he is a good football player.
I doubt the kids folks would care for him being called a punk. I've heard nothing but good things about the kid...

NWA Hawg

Quote from: KOJACK on August 18, 2017, 11:22:16 am
I doubt the kids folks would care for him being called a punk. I've heard nothing but good things about the kid...

I'm not saying he's a punk at all. I don't know the kid. I'm just saying if that is the case then just because a kid can play football doesn't mean he can act like a punk.

way2go

Quote from: dawgpound on August 17, 2017, 01:31:10 pm

This is how rumors get started. I don't "know," but I "heard." If you read after this post, people just took the baton and ran with it.

birddawg1986

Oh how Gurdon fans wish they still had John Pace. Kept the program a top tier program for many years.

RabidWolf

Get what ya pay for with Kyle Jackson. Know him well, went to school with him for a shoRT time. The guy can sure coach, but not sure how many fans he has.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: birddawg1986 on August 20, 2017, 07:18:04 pm
Oh how Gurdon fans wish they still had John Pace. Kept the program a top tier program for many years.
I wouldn't accuse them of ever being top tier lol

The_Devils_Advocate

The_Devil_Himself yawns. Says it's been awhile.

The_Devils_Advocate

The_Devil_Himself appreciates the acknowledgement of the greatness of Coach Pace, does not appreciate the undue criticism of Coach Jackson. His greatness will reveal itself soon enough.

The_Devil_Himself has conducted an independent investigation and has concluded that the young man departed on his own. Left the team on his own accord, thus trading his soul for the opportunity to wear maroon and a P upside his head.

The_Devil_Himself will now return to his slumber and advises you to stay in your own lane, squirrelly wolf...........and beware of devils presenting themselves as gifts.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: The_Devils_Advocate on August 21, 2017, 12:46:22 pm
The_Devil_Himself appreciates the acknowledgement of the greatness of Coach Pace, does not appreciate the undue criticism of Coach Jackson. His greatness will reveal itself soon enough.

The_Devil_Himself has conducted an independent investigation and has concluded that the young man departed on his own. Left the team on his own accord, thus trading his soul for the opportunity to wear maroon and a P upside his head.

The_Devil_Himself will now return to his slumber and advises you to stay in your own lane, squirrelly wolf...........and beware of devils presenting themselves as gifts.
Great post!!!!

Proud Buckaroo

How many does Gurdon have now that they lost two players over summer?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas