• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

None, if you remember way back, drew Morgan didn't step on the field either 3 years ago until he had too because of injuries. Idk if he made all sec the last two years but he definitely was our best hard nosed make a play guy we had.

RZback

One of the worst college football teams in America right now.  Only thing to make it worse would be kneeling during the anthem.

RZback

We need new coaches, players, athletic administration.  There is no reason to nearly loose to Coastal.  Frank would have handed him his papers as he left the field.

beach bum

Who else has thought about two things where the Coastal Carolina coach won us the game.... First, when he does not go for 2 points when they scored their last TD. I seriously went "what are you doing" cause he needed the lead at 14 points and not 13.... Then when he does not go for it on 4th and inches I said to myself "Well you just lost the upset"...... This is literally two weeks in a row the other team has handed us a 1 point miracle.

bdubyab60

Better lucky than good I guess. We continue to make high school mistakes. That is what bothers me most. Simple plays like on the fumble they scored on. No block at all like the receiver didn't know the play.

How can he not see that Hammonds is the best back we have and not play him. How can he see these kids every day and not play them. Makes no sense, none and zero.

It's cost him his job that he can't see these simple things. It's like it's in purpose to drive this program into the ground

bigworm

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 04, 2017, 10:27:59 pm
Better lucky than good I guess. We continue to make high school mistakes. That is what bothers me most. Simple plays like on the fumble they scored on. No block at all like the receiver didn't know the play.

How can he not see that Hammonds is the best back we have and not play him. How can he see these kids every day and not play them. Makes no sense, none and zero.

It's cost him his job that he can't see these simple things. It's like it's in purpose to drive this program into the ground

Bielema has his little babies. Cantrell is one of them for whatever reason. Much like Brandon, Austin, "Brooksie" Ellis. It gets annoying.

I laughed the entire second half when I finally sat down to watch.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on November 05, 2017, 05:35:16 am
Bielema has his little babies. Cantrell is one of them for whatever reason. Much like Brandon, Austin, "Brooksie" Ellis. It gets annoying.

I laughed the entire second half when I finally sat down to watch.

I swear Cantrell runs a 5.2 forty lol.... And he still keeps getting the ball.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on November 05, 2017, 07:56:41 am
I swear Cantrell runs a 5.2 forty lol.... And he still keeps getting the ball.
I mean we have a 4 star fullback that makes a play the one time he touches the ball each game. If he gets in. Cantrell misses a ton of blocks as well, I'm talking complete wiffs

nuttinbuthogs

Wasn't there a fumble on the one?  take that out and ?

bdubyab60

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on November 05, 2017, 10:55:03 am
Wasn't there a fumble on the one?  take that out and ?
Yes and we just happened to have an OL to be Johnny on the spot or it was game over man, in Bill Paxton voice

bleudog

With the reference to Newton's and Winston's comments over the weekend, it was ironic this showed up in a Facebook memory page.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Bolt/Bret-Bielema-says-hes-looking-forward-to-hopping-on-his-wife-40893789

Valleysports

So what's the reason in Arkansas State dominating Coastal, vs Univ of Arkansas getting dominated by Coastal?  Is it Arkansas State's 4-5 star athletes?  Coastal is the worst team in the NCAA Division I FBS – Sun Belt - yet playing on the same level as an SEC West School.  Univ of Arkansas needs to reset - think about what it's going to take to get an SEC worthy program.

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on November 07, 2017, 10:26:19 am
So what's the reason in Arkansas State dominating Coastal, vs Univ of Arkansas getting dominated by Coastal?  Is it Arkansas State's 4-5 star athletes?  Coastal is the worst team in the NCAA Division I FBS – Sun Belt - yet playing on the same level as an SEC West School.  Univ of Arkansas needs to reset - think about what it's going to take to get an SEC worthy program.

+1,000,000,000

RZback

Not much to say that hasn't been said already. Very frustrating. It's in the hands of the AD.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on November 07, 2017, 03:14:49 pm
Not much to say that hasn't been said already. Very frustrating. It's in the hands of the AD.

I have a feeling he is gone after this season as well....

bdubyab60

We hear and read so many things these days. No telling. People say we shouldn't let things like a football upset us. It's very hard when it's something you are passionate about to not get upset when you know it could and should be better.

No matter what happens I will continue to watch. No matter how hard that will be

bigworm

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 07, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
We hear and read so many things these days. No telling. People say we shouldn't let things like a football upset us. It's very hard when it's something you are passionate about to not get upset when you know it could and should be better.

No matter what happens I will continue to watch. No matter how hard that will be

Me too. I just cant help it. haha

RZback

When you see so much money being poured into it, it's natural you expect big results.  Anybody can get beat for 4.2 million.  You pay big money for a championship caliber team, so you expect what you pay for.  Seems reasonable.

bdubyab60

Big fat zero coming out of that meeting. When the clock strikes zero after the mizzou game we will know something. Unless someone can't keep their mouth shut.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: High Voltage on November 09, 2017, 09:29:52 am
https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2017/11/08/tenure-and-maybe-football-on-the-agenda-for-ua-board-of-trustees

BOT meets today.
They did meet but by the reports I have read...it doesn't seem as if Coach B or Jeff Long were on the agenda but I guess, they still could have been discussed.  One would hope.

High Voltage

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 09, 2017, 02:33:36 pm
They did meet but by the reports I have read...it doesn't seem as if Coach B or Jeff Long were on the agenda but I guess, they still could have been discussed.  One would hope.
According to Pig Trail Nation Jeff Long was called in for over two hours.

bigworm

Something is gonna happen. I can assure you they want them seats full. We just have to be patient and let it happen.

bleudog

November 09, 2017, 08:56:13 pm #1174 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:05:50 pm by bleudog

bleudog

Sat 2017-11-11
   at   LSU
   10 %
   20   37   

Sat 2017-11-18
   Mississippi St
   12 %
   27   42   

Fri 2017-11-24
   Missouri
   38 %
   39   42

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=295489

bigworm

Domt get me wrong. I never wanted beilema. Thought he was the wrong guy from the beginning. If i had it my way he would be gone 5 years ago. Im juat saying they probably arent firing him until after season so we may as well be patient about it. Im also saying i dont see how they could come to the conclusion that it is best for BB to remain the HC.

Trojanbird

Once again it looks like the rout is on! :-\

beach bum

Quote from: Trojanbird on November 11, 2017, 01:34:04 pm
Once again it looks like the rout is on! :-\

4-6 now... 1-5 in the SEC

bdubyab60

I started to post at halftime that at least we were keeping it close. Was listening on the radio. We can never get a complete game for whatever reason. Defense keeps us in the first half then give up big plays in the second. The offense sputters pretty much all day or shoots itself in the foot. LSU had a hand in keeping us in there but again we can never capitalize on it.

Hammonds again 3 touchs? I know they didn't produce but how about using him as a decoy or something. But hey I don't get paid 4mil to coach either.

At any rate 4-8 is looking like the most likely outcome. Guess that's better than the 2-10 we were staring at

sportsguy80

Changes have to be made. This is embarrassing.

beach bum

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 11, 2017, 03:25:32 pm
Changes have to be made. This is embarrassing.

"Bret's our guy and we believe in him"

-Jeff Long

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on November 11, 2017, 03:27:56 pm

-Jeff Long
Bret's our guy and I need a beer

- everyone else

beach bum

sportsguy80

Quote from: Longfellow on November 11, 2017, 03:38:44 pm

- everyone else
Now that's funny but it's probably true

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on November 11, 2017, 03:27:56 pm

-Jeff Long
Well I was already drinking so a little more should wash this statement away. Lol

VHSCoach2

November 11, 2017, 05:58:34 pm #1186 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:14:04 pm by VHSCoach2
Fitting that LSU got The Boot since it seems neither Long nor Bielema will...

gameoflife

BB is just lucky the Coastal coach and he Ole Miss coach made some big errors or it would be 2-10.  If he stays I'm moving to Canada.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on November 11, 2017, 03:38:44 pm

- everyone else

Bret's our guy, and I need something stronger than Beer

-HF

Romeo

Cole Kelley was arrested for DWI and reckless driving last night.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Romeo on November 12, 2017, 09:45:30 am
Wow...

nastynice

beach bum

Quote from: Romeo on November 12, 2017, 09:45:30 am

You have to be kidding me.... WOW, just wow.

beach bum

Looked it up online, and wow it shows he was booked at 8:47 in the morning. So literally stays up all night and then probably about 7 am thinks he is going to drive home. I seriously hope this is not something that becomes a pattern with him. Hopefully he learns a life long lesson from this cause boy is this humbling for him.

beach bum

It is showing careless driving and not wreckless driving which in legality terms is a huge difference. And he refused the test too. I am by no means supporting him cause he was obviously probably drunk and a should have never been driving and out partying until the sun came up  ???...., but strictly speaking in legal terms a good lawyer may get him out of this if the lawyer can prove the initial stop was not justified. A cop can literally pull you over for anything and call it "careless"... I have a hunch he may get out of this or have reduced charges possibly. If having your face plastered all over the internet as a college QB does not humble him I don't know what will. That is not a good look for him as the future QB of the program.

bdubyab60

He's not the first and won't be the last. Hopefully he learns from it

WPWells

Wonder if a certain #ARPreps quarterback will move up to QB2

bdubyab60

At this point does it matter which QB plays

bleudog

RZback

Arkansas is just a joke right now.  Kelly is a joke as well.  It's not like he's that good to think he should get away with this.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas