• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nuttinbuthogs

It sure gets old wondering if UA is going to win again and by how much they will loose to SEC competition.

nuttinbuthogs

I don't care if UA wins every non-conference game it plays, to be 2 to 1 in losses in SEC play is not acceptable.

urban legend2

With Ole Miss' QB going down for the rest of the year, you'd think it'd give the Hogs a good chance to win. You'd think it would, but....

RZback

Seeing people get up and walk out so soon in the game is disheartening for the program, but I can't say I blame em.

beach bum

Quote from: urban legend2 on October 23, 2017, 12:08:07 pm
With Ole Miss' QB going down for the rest of the year, you'd think it'd give the Hogs a good chance to win. You'd think it would, but....

Frank Ragnow is now out for the season with an ankle injury... I bet it isn't that bad and he is protecting his draft stock. I kind of understand that how bad the rest of his four lineman counterparts are. And the Ole Miss back up honestly looks like he has some athleticism.

bdubyab60

At this point does it matter who the other teams QB is. He will look good against us.

bigworm

Listening to BB on drive time. If he says uh or uuhm once he says it a gazillion times during an interview.

bdubyab60

Chase Hayden out as well.

A friend of mine bought me a ticket to oxford this weekend. I'm going to start drinking about Wednesday to blur my vision so I don't go blind from watching these two horrible teams

Ctucker

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 23, 2017, 07:18:51 pm

A friend of mine bought me a ticket to oxford this weekend. I'm going to start drinking about Wednesday to blur my vision so I don't go blind from watching these two horrible teams
BDub I've never meet you but I like you!

bigworm

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 23, 2017, 07:18:51 pm

May wanna start right now.

bdubyab60

Quote from: bigworm on October 23, 2017, 09:40:52 pm
May wanna start right now.
I thought about it but I do have to work some this week. Stay thirsty my friends and drink responsibly.

cuckoobird

Redwolves8526

You have to admit, that was pretty funny.

AirWarren

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 25, 2017, 09:29:17 am
You have to admit, that was pretty funny.

I laughed.

Bazz said it best though. If you don't like the trash talk:
1. Start winning.
2. Play them and beat them.

If not....quit whining.

That's coming from a big time hog supporter and former player. And I agree!!!

cuckoobird

Not playing the red wolves is going to hurt the program more than playing them ever could when their coach publicly makes fun of the university and nothing can be said to defend them. I thought it was funny too!

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 25, 2017, 10:02:20 am
Not playing the red wolves is going to hurt the program more than playing them ever could when their coach publicly makes fun of the university and nothing can be said to defend them. I thought it was funny too!

Exactly...

OB11

I'm glad you guys can see the humor in it and aren't offended by it. I've seen some people on social media losing their minds over this and it's crazy.

AirWarren

Quote from: OB11 on October 25, 2017, 12:55:16 pm
I'm glad you guys can see the humor in it and aren't offended by it. I've seen some people on social media losing their minds over this and it's crazy.

Social media is gasoline for retard fire.

urban legend2

cuckoobird

Aw I finally gave in and have fb and instagram now but i don't get into those heated social media debates. It's quite comical though

bigworm

Quote from: urban legend2 on October 25, 2017, 03:40:04 pm
+1...lol!!

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Anderson just told it like it was.

gameoflife

I see why Arkansas doesn't want to play in state schools, it would be bad for PA, Fayetteville, Greenwood and a few more to beat them on Saturday.
Really, they had nothing to gain, loose fans, loose recruits, loose boosters if they lost. However, now?  They need to play everyone because their fan base is bailing  and another bad game or so and it will be as bad as you can imagine.  Last week the mass exit during the 3rd was embarrassing. I think they left to get an early start on the Tennessee game they taped.  It's just that bad.

bdubyab60

Now we have a couple articles out full of excuses. One saying you have to throw out the first year and the puts us slightly above .500 I think and 10-18 in SEC I think. Can't remember the numbers off the top of my head cause I didn't pay much attention to cause that's really not my whole issue with it. They actually had the marbles to say that's not that bad is it. Then today I read one where they are blaming injuries now. As far as I know we had one to start the season. A major one at that with RW3 having to retire. Lost one starter first game and the rest have come here recently. I don't think we were winning any of these upcoming games with those players much less without them.

I'm not gonna recap the entire season but there were issues from the get go. Even before the last to games of last year this issues were evident even in winning some games. The regression was there all season. Like most I held out hope for this season that there would be improvement. There is very little if any to find.

After JLS we showed improvement and at least looked competitive in most games. We are on an obvious down turn to say the least. We are squarely looking at another year in the very bottom of the SEC with the real likelihood of 0-9 in conference again. Well unless you take out that first year.

This is basically a rant because it looks more and more like this will continue next year and under the same leadership. I'm not sure if the folks that pay the bills understand or even care what happens. I read this board, some others and just from talking to folks around town and this is going to get bad if he stays.

I'm still going Saturday. I'm Hog fan, the ticket was cheap and Oxford is closer than Fayetteville. I'm not expecting much but hope we can pull out a win.

beach bum

After Auburn loses a close game to Georgia and gets bullied by Alabama then they will fire Malzahn..... Then you will see the Gus bus arrive in Fayetteville one week later.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on October 26, 2017, 06:38:22 pm
After Auburn loses a close game to Georgia and gets bullied by Alabama then they will fire Malzahn..... Then you will see the Gus bus arrive in Fayetteville one week later.
Im not opposed to it but man sure seems like that guy hates us.

bleudog

Another facebook pic:

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 25, 2017, 08:00:11 pm
Aw I finally gave in and have fb and instagram now but i don't get into those heated social media debates. It's quite comical though
Staying true.

Facebook free since 2009.

Never had twitter or Instagram. 

bleudog

October 26, 2017, 09:23:55 pm #1078 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:56:00 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 26, 2017, 06:28:47 pm
Now we have a couple articles out full of excuses. One saying you have to throw out the first year and the puts us slightly above .500 I think and 10-18 in SEC I think. Can't remember the numbers off the top of my head cause I didn't pay much attention to cause that's really not my whole issue with it. They actually had the marbles to say that's not that bad is it. Then today I read one where they are blaming injuries now. As far as I know we had one to start the season. A major one at that with RW3 having to retire. Lost one starter first game and the rest have come here recently. I don't think we were winning any of these upcoming games with those players much less without them.

I'm not gonna recap the entire season but there were issues from the get go. Even before the last to games of last year this issues were evident even in winning some games. The regression was there all season. Like most I held out hope for this season that there would be improvement. There is very little if any to find.

After JLS we showed improvement and at least looked competitive in most games. We are on an obvious down turn to say the least. We are squarely looking at another year in the very bottom of the SEC with the real likelihood of 0-9 in conference again. Well unless you take out that first year.

This is basically a rant because it looks more and more like this will continue next year and under the same leadership. I'm not sure if the folks that pay the bills understand or even care what happens. I read this board, some others and just from talking to folks around town and this is going to get bad if he stays.

I'm still going Saturday. I'm Hog fan, the ticket was cheap and Oxford is closer than Fayetteville. I'm not expecting much but hope we can pull out a win.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-and-jeff-long-may-keep-bret-bielema-on-as-coach-another-year

bigworm

Ok. So we take out the first year? What kind of sense does that make? Houston nutts first year we started 8 0 and were in top 10 when we headed to Tennessee. And without the miracle fumble we very well could have played in natl title game. Do we throw that one out too? Program was in terroble shape when he got here too. But id say he had a great first year. Beilema was never a fit and never will be. Prepare for another year of losing hog fans. I cant see them getting rid of him. But noone from outside the state wants us to. Why would they. I assume that sec country stuff isnt written by an arky.

beach bum

Quote from: bigworm on October 26, 2017, 10:39:51 pm
Ok. So we take out the first year? What kind of sense does that make? Houston nutts first year we started 8 0 and were in top 10 when we headed to Tennessee. And without the miracle fumble we very well could have played in natl title game. Do we throw that one out too? Program was in terroble shape when he got here too. But id say he had a great first year. Beilema was never a fit and never will be. Prepare for another year of losing hog fans. I cant see them getting rid of him. But noone from outside the state wants us to. Why would they. I assume that sec country stuff isnt written by an arky.

Exactly.... BB literally lost to both Mississippi schools, Rutgers, and then he lost to South Carolina by 45 at home. There is no excuse for all that even in year one. Miss State was awful that year too. Our game with them in Little Rock that year might have been the worst SEC game ever. Our game with Mizzou this year might break that record though.

gameoflife

I don't think Gus is gone this year. besides if Auburn runs him off why do you want him if he is not winning there?

War Eagle

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 11:22:59 pm
I don't think Gus is gone this year. besides if Auburn runs him off why do you want him if he is not winning there?

Gus does win games. I think there are 2 main reasons why Auburn people are losing faith in Malzahn

1.) Over the past couple of years, the playcalling seems to be getting predicactable. All offseason, we were told Chip Lindsey would bring a new offense. However, the offense has looked almost the exact same as it did in previous years. People have speculated that Malzahn is still tampering with the offense (and then barred the coordinators from talking to the media to supposedly keep them from expressing frustration).

2.) Nick Saban and Alabama are in the heads of Auburn fans. Auburn fans so badly want to be competitive with Alabama that the expectations have shot through the roof.  They need to take a step back and appreciate a good season even if we aren't better than Alabama.  Otherwise, we will be cycling through coaches until Alabama takes a dip again.

Jacketman65

Jeff Long wants the pigs to be everyones homecoming opponent, more exposure for the program!

bleudog

RZback

Interesting story shared with me a few weeks back.  Gus laid blame for his offensive woes on someone else, of course that's what you do if you are HC, and all the while he was calling the shots.  That person is gone now.  Sort of what Gus complained about with Houston Nutt.  I guess he learned a lesson.

gameoflife

Greatest high school coach to ever recruit.

RZback

beach bum

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 27, 2017, 09:06:04 am
Jeff Long wants the pigs to be everyones homecoming opponent, more exposure for the program!

Lol...

PrivateLesson

Razorbacks and the "Ole Miss" 

I don't understand the wait on finding a New HC but Go Hogs!

BrianfromCarlisle

Wonder if they can make a coaching change mid quarter?

PrivateLesson

64 yard TD by Ole Miss on the 2nd play of the game didn't look promising, now did it?    Goodness. 

BrianfromCarlisle

bdubyab60

Seeing it in person is worse

bdubyab60

If he isn't gone by the time I get to the truck. IM DONE

VHSCoach2

What is Bret's buyout cost at halftime of this game?

bleudog

BrianfromCarlisle

Last TD should've been a touchback for Ole Miss. dodged one there

cuckoobird

Wow. I've been driving to LR and not listening. Just wow

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas