• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigworm

Quote from: War Eagle on October 10, 2017, 09:14:41 pm
After the 2013 season, I remember Bo Mattingly saying that Bielema would be a more successful coach by year 4 than Gus Malzahn...

Should have hired ole gus and let HDN go way back when. But i rekon hine sight is always 20 20.

nastynice

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 10, 2017, 07:36:23 pm
Meanwhile he continues to throw players under the bus. While some criticism is probably earned he blamed them for not developing. Wouldn't that be his job to develop these players.

I think the coach doing this to his players is detrimental to the team and could be an issue as to why things are the way they are

He's definitely lost the attention of his players!

After the 2013 season, I remember Bo Mattingly saying that Bielema would be a more successful coach by year 4 than Gus Malzahn...

Bo knows nothing. Most annoying and consistently wrong voice on the radio. Package him with Long and Bert and drop em off on someone's doorstep!

AirWarren

Good thing no one cares what that pencil neck says. 

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 08:04:24 am
Good thing no one cares what that pencil neck says.
[/quote

lmbo......

High Voltage

Quote from: nastynice on October 11, 2017, 07:06:35 am
He's definitely lost the attention of his players!

Bo knows nothing. Most annoying and consistently wrong voice on the radio. Package him with Long and Bert and drop em off on someone's doorstep!
Bo Mattingly wouldn't know a football if it hit him in the face.

bdubyab60

I love sitting here listening to the major outlets cracking jokes on us as well.

We are a laughing stock.

bigworm

They will eat crow saturday when we only lose by 35!!

VHSCoach2

According to the ADG, Bielema's buyout at the end of the season will only be $5.9 million, not he $15 million that has been reported.

cuckoobird

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 12, 2017, 08:22:29 am
According to the ADG, Bielema's buyout at the end of the season will only be $5.9 million, not he $15 million that has been reported.

He gone...

bleudog

CLICK HERE

AirWarren

AirWarren

With that said.

I would beg my job to fire me for 5 million.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2017, 09:18:07 am
With that said.

By the numbers at 158K a month payments he would get those 158K a month for 3 years if the 5.9 million is accurate like the ADG is reporting.... Unbelievable.

bdubyab60

October 12, 2017, 10:57:36 am #914 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:06:53 am by bdubyab60
Misprint or no? Just read it. Jeff Long is the only one keeping him here if the contract language is correct.

nastynice

Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2017, 09:18:07 am
With that said.

Isn't that what Bert's doing with his performance? 

RZback

We just need a better program and in many cases that begins at the top, AD, HC.  If its broken there you cannot fix it until you correct it at the top.

AirWarren

nuttinbuthogs

If Arkansas gets a new coach who would be likely candidates? 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 13, 2017, 11:58:15 am
If Arkansas gets a new coach who would be likely candidates? 

Houston Nutt

RZback

Houston would be better.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RZback on October 13, 2017, 02:23:55 pm
Houston would be better.

Might even be competitive in a few games this season if he was here 8)

RZback

We need a good upcoming guy with experience and a good recruiter.  Maybe we can get someone like Mike Norvell or Scott Frost.  Even an older guy like Mike Leach.  Fans would like their style of play and they are all winners.  UA can offer them a good salary that may keep them for a good while.

VHSCoach2

Longfellow

AirWarren

bdubyab60

A friend sent the same thing to me on Facebook along with this a little later.

An 8 year old boy is in custody court, on the witness stand. He is being taken away from his parents because they beat him all the time. The judge tells him son to get you away from those beatings I'm going to award your grandparents custody. The boy starts to cry and begs the judge not to do that because the grandparents beat him as well.
The judge sits back and thinks for a minute. He asks the boy is there anyone you can stay with that won't beat you.

The boy wipes his tears away and says. I can stay with The Arkansas Razorbacks football team. They can't beat anyone

Longfellow

That's another classic. So on a serious note, what're Kelly's chances of coming out of this game alive?

bdubyab60

Better than Allens. Kelley will at least throw the ball away

Longfellow

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 14, 2017, 01:51:14 pm
Better than Allens. Kelley will at least throw the ball away
Makes sense, hadn't actually seen him play yet

RZback

Either way its gonna be ugly.

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2017, 09:46:40 am
By the numbers at 158K a month payments he would get those 158K a month for 3 years if the 5.9 million is accurate like the ADG is reporting.... Unbelievable.

Seriously, what do I have to do to be an SEC coach for a year? I bet I could even win a game or two.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Longfellow on October 14, 2017, 03:33:42 pm
Makes sense, hadn't actually seen him play yet
He did throw a pick 6 against SC but he did seem to go through progressions faster than AA. Whether that makes a difference in this game who knows

Trojanbird

How long can our defense keep it respectable?

Trojanbird

bdubyab60

The D has played fairly well. Just being out there to long against this team is to much

bdubyab60

Are we accepting moral victories tonight

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 14, 2017, 09:29:53 pm
Are we accepting moral victories tonight

We got on the scoreboard!!! Field goal city!

VHSCoach2

2007: 41-38
2008: 49-14
2009: 35-7
2010: 24-20
2011: 38-14
2012: 52-0
2013: 52-0
2014: 14-13
2015: 27-14
2016: 49-30
2017: 41-9

All of the losses to Alabama since Arkansas' last win against the Tide in the 2006 season.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2017, 09:35:37 pm
We got on the scoreboard!!! Field goal city!
And a TD whoopie. However I did like the effort after the shell shock of the first quarter.

CK needs to start the rest of the season. Better QB than AA already. A freshman going through what he did tonight and not folding is what we need, offense needs to pick up the pace.

We weren't winning this game, I think most reasonable folks knew this. While we saw slight improvement it's still not enough for me to say BB is the guy going forward

bigworm

CK has a ways to go though. Game was way too fast for him. He has a cannon for sure. He held the ball forever at times. AA hasnt had that luxury in any game. Im not sold on CK yet.

bdubyab60

Quote from: bigworm on October 14, 2017, 10:36:07 pm
CK has a ways to go though. Game was way too fast for him. He has a cannon for sure. He held the ball forever at times. AA hasnt had that luxury in any game. Im not sold on CK yet.
Might wanna go back and watch a some game film then. AA has taken a beating for sure. Mostly OL play the cause but also
A lot of it him holding on to the ball trying to make a play. This includes his injury. He had at least 8 seconds on that play and chose to hold it even though he saw the rush.

My opinion we have a goose egg if AA was the QB tonight. I can see a freshman making the mistakes CK did especially against the team that he played. AA has been making those same mistakes against lesser competition.

Plus seems like the team is more behind CK. He is never down no matter how things are going

RZback

I'm not sold that CK is the answer.  He delivered the same results we have been seeing, a loss.  Yes, Bama is way better than UA and we were gonna loose.  I'm not sure the outcome was different than we would have seen if AA was playing.  I'm not sold on him either but you helped make the case for keeping him without realizing it.  1. he's a senior with experience. 2. He has held the ball too long at times. (but you pointed out the OL hasn't given protection and he was waiting trying to make a play) 3. CK is a freshman and is going to make freshman mistakes. (I'm not sold on his being the guy to deliver wins, I'm not sure he is any better than AA.  4. How do you know the team is more behind CK?  (seems to me the team is responsible for part of the poor play, no OL protection, dropped passes, poor route running.) 
So I'm not sure CK is better or will deliver better outcomes.  The main problem lies with coaching, talent level, and overall effort.  Those things rest mostly with the HC.  If there is a way for BB to correct, I'm doubtful, then maybe he stays another year but that seems an extension in futility.  Cut the cord and go shopping for someone else, remove Long from the search or you get the same result.

bdubyab60

Quote from: RZback on October 15, 2017, 11:19:55 am
I'm not sold that CK is the answer.  He delivered the same results we have been seeing, a loss.  Yes, Bama is way better than UA and we were gonna loose.  I'm not sure the outcome was different than we would have seen if AA was playing.  I'm not sold on him either but you helped make the case for keeping him without realizing it.  1. he's a senior with experience. 2. He has held the ball too long at times. (but you pointed out the OL hasn't given protection and he was waiting trying to make a play) 3. CK is a freshman and is going to make freshman mistakes. (I'm not sold on his being the guy to deliver wins, I'm not sure he is any better than AA.  4. How do you know the team is more behind CK?  (seems to me the team is responsible for part of the poor play, no OL protection, dropped passes, poor route running.) 
So I'm not sure CK is better or will deliver better outcomes.  The main problem lies with coaching, talent level, and overall effort.  Those things rest mostly with the HC.  If there is a way for BB to correct, I'm doubtful, then maybe he stays another year but that seems an extension in futility.  Cut the cord and go shopping for someone else, remove Long from the search or you get the same result.
Truthfully there is not a QB on this team that will carry it. I want the best guy in there though. By what I've read AAis going to be out up to 4 weeks possibly. So CK will be the guy going forward. As a senior and a full year under his belt you would think AA wouldn't make the same mistakes as a freshman

The team did show a little different attitude with CK last night. AA demeanor after getting hit just like CK did last night is infectious to the team. It's JMO that if AA was in there we would have had less yardage and the outcome even worse. No matter how bad it is your leaders have to stay positive.

Just like B.B. Standing on the sideline looking lost most of the time. Teams tend to take on some attributes of its leaders.

VHSCoach2

Arkansas fan's GPS doesn't want him to go to the Alabama game:

bigworm

Neither AA or CK are goin to look worth a crap on this team. Last year AA did a pretty good job. Hes the same guy this year with freshman recievers and no protection. If we are going to continue with this staff we better get some cat back there that can run a 4.2 40 amd has a 3.9 shuttle time if he wants to survive and keep the O moving.

beach bum

Who would win and what would be the score if we played Arkansas State and #6 FCS ranked Central Arkansas right now? I would say if we played Arkansas State in Jonesboro we would lose right now by 7-10 points. The Hogs would win by 7-10 in Fayetteville. We would only beat UCA by about 17-24 points right now imo.... Maybe that is why Arkansas won't play those two schools? It's because of years like this.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: beach bum on October 15, 2017, 11:04:50 pm
Who would win and what would be the score if we played Arkansas State and #6 FCS ranked Central Arkansas right now? I would say if we played Arkansas State in Jonesboro we would lose right now by 7-10 points. The Hogs would win by 7-10 in Fayetteville. We would only beat UCA by about 17-24 points right now imo.... Maybe that is why Arkansas won't play those two schools? It's because of years like this.

Yeah, that's the reason.  lol

War Eagle

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 16, 2017, 10:07:26 am
Yeah, that's the reason.  lol

Out of curiousity, what is the actual reason Arkansas won't play other Arkansas schools (this isn't meant to start a heated debate)?

cuckoobird

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas