• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RZback

Quote from: bigworm on October 07, 2017, 08:06:17 pm
👎

Pathetic. Poor kids deserve better than they are getting.

Are you sure the poor kids are giving all they have? If they aren't then poor fans. If they are then poor recruiting.

bdubyab60

Is there enough talent. Yes there is to not look like a high school team. There is enough talent to be competitive. But not coached well enough to be. Bottom line.

Eventually the team takes on the personality of the coach. That's where we are at.

I believed after a couple years that CBB was gonna keep us mid to upper level of the SEC. We aren't even competitive with the bottom half.

Bama is gonna be epic  destruction. I WIlL NOT WATCH IT.

Auburn will not be nice either

PrivateLesson

Quote from: RZback on October 07, 2017, 08:44:59 pm
Are you sure the poor kids are giving all they have? If they aren't then poor fans. If they are then poor recruiting.
How was it poor recruiting when all that has been said by the majority is that they are 4* recruits?   What I do know is that Coach B has been thru 2 defensive coordinators and does not make any half time adjustments.  It is evident, he does not fit here and it's not fair to him. his family, players or the fans....IMO.  It's just a sad situation.  He's nice but it's not working.

beach bum

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 07, 2017, 09:23:24 pm
How was it poor recruiting when all that has been said by the majority is that they are 4* recruits?   What I do know is that Coach B has been thru 2 defensive coordinators and does not make any half time adjustments.  It is evident, he does not fit here and it's not fair to him. his family, players or the fans....IMO.  It's just a sad situation.  He's nice but it's not working.

No one should care about how his feelings fit into this equation.... Most people don't get an exit package worth 15 million that would set you up financially for the rest of your life for simply being fired.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: beach bum on October 07, 2017, 09:27:03 pm
No one should care about how his feelings fit into this equation.... Most people don't get an exit package worth 15 million that would set you up financially for the rest of your life for simply being fired.
I didn't mean it in terms of money......I meant he and his family having to continually hear and face the negativity by the press, fans and etc.  None of us should have to continue in this manner.   You are correct that it's just business and if any of us failed to do our job we would be fired....nice or not. 

RZback

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 07, 2017, 09:23:24 pm

LOL!!!!!  Unfortunately when you are hired to build a program, win games and are paid a fortune, when you don't get it done then changes are usually made.  As for those 4 star recruits, they are not producing 4 star results.  Gotta make you wonder.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: RZback on October 07, 2017, 09:32:20 pm
LOL!!!!!  Unfortunately when you are hired to build a program, win games and are paid a fortune, when you don't get it done then changes are usually made.  As for those 4 star recruits, they are not producing 4 star results.  Gotta make you wonder.
It doesn't make me wonder.  He's not able to Coach the 4* recruits...or utilize them enough in order to win.  I said, in the above post that we all would be fired if we didn't our job. 

bigworm

Quote from: RZback on October 07, 2017, 08:44:59 pm

Even more reason for a change. It's HC job to motivate and lead. If he can't get the most out of them how will we ever be any better? Its not year 2. It's year 5. I think we are worse now than year 1. Time fpr BB to head back to Iowa and buy some pigs. Bring on Norvell!

nastynice

Typical, Classic BB!.......If he were a big buck, he'd be easy to pattern that's for sure!

bleudog

October 08, 2017, 09:06:33 am #859 Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:44:39 am by bleudog
Quote from: bigworm on October 08, 2017, 12:51:48 am
Even more reason for a change. It's HC job to motivate and lead. If he can't get the most out of them how will we ever be any better? Its not year 2. It's year 5. I think we are worse now than year 1. Time fpr BB to head back to Iowa and buy some pigs. Bring on Norvell!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/look-former-arkansas-qb-matt-jones-seen-enough-bret-bielema-era-arkansas/

http://katv.com/sports/sully-says/sully-says-have-hogs-hit-rock-bottom

cuckoobird

I saw these on FB and I'm glad people who actually matter are finally catching on

High Voltage

Wow, that was bad. I have been a hog fan for a long time, but that was bad. This Saturday may be really bad. I just hope Austin Allen doesn't leave on a stretcher. I really hate to say this but it may be time to ask a big donor for buyout money, because like I have said in the past he is here for at least next year.

HorseFeathers

Arkansas opens as a 29 point underdog to Alabama....

The Future

Just 29??

Did we gain 14 5 star recruits and did Bobby Petrino come back while i was at church this morning??

beach bum

Yea I will take Alabama even starting -29 ...... Its going to be something like Alabama 52-7

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 07, 2017, 06:14:39 pm
WP I've been trying to tell you guys for a few years now he was terrible but i was called a troll. All apologies can be put here...
No apologies, but I guess that you weren't the only one that was right!

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on October 08, 2017, 08:23:23 pm
Yea I will take Alabama even starting -29 ...... Its going to be something like Alabama 52-7
You really think we will score

RZback

Doesn't matter if he scores, he needs to win and keep winning.  Anything less is not enough.

Jacketman65

I have a feeling that here in the next 2 weeks our defense will give up in excess of 100 points and our offense will score 20 or less. :'(

Valleysports

Quote from: beach bum on October 08, 2017, 08:23:23 pm

A&M was -27 point underdogs to Bama.  Final score was 19-27, with A&M throwing a Red Zone interception near the end. 
You really think Bama will score 52?

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on October 08, 2017, 09:49:48 pm
A&M was -27 point underdogs to Bama.  Final score was 19-27, with A&M throwing a Red Zone interception near the end. 
You really think Bama will score 52?

I think A&M did so well cause a few reasons.... A good scrambler QB can neutralize Alabama's stellar defense when plays break down and turn into scrambling situations. A&M has a few guys that can fly and that always helps with Bama. And you are seeing A&M may have some hope moving forward if this is the new look SEC we are living in then I could see A&M with all those young lineman and QB and other players really being solid in the SEC moving forward. We don't have any of those things except for the young players part and ours just stink.... And btw its about time we have a Valley sighting  ;D

High Voltage

RZback

I don't think Bama is concerned about how much it scores, just that it wins.  They are very content to eat clock, score and beat on you defensively.  Leading 24-3 in the third quarter, Bama players went into cruise control and let A&M back into a game when they should have been smelling blood in the water.  Saban is not happy and don't expect another lapse in this weeks game.

High Voltage

Bama was looking ahead to Arkansas. CBB always gives Saban headaches.

Arkansas - 23
Alabama - 22

RZback

Quote from: High Voltage on October 09, 2017, 09:48:57 am

Arkansas - 23
Alabama - 22

That's one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.
It's going to be really ugly.

Redwolves8526

Arkansas - 23
Alabama - 22

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever seen on FF

PrivateLesson

Arkansas - 23
Alabama - 22

Fantasy land has made it's way down here too?!?!   :o :-\ ;D

cuckoobird

I'm not going to say Alabama will hang 50 on us because they usually do let us stay in the game. Plus, nick doesn't want bert to lose his job knowing that's a win every year with him at the helm

PrivateLesson

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 09, 2017, 11:04:56 am
I'm not going to say Alabama will hang 50 on us because they usually do let us stay in the game. Plus, nick doesn't want bert to lose his job knowing that's a win every year with him at the helm
Did you really just post this?   LOL!!! 

nastynice

Arkansas - 23
Alabama - 22

I think someone slipped you a transformer and now you're running on Low Voltage 12v DC.

nastynice

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 09, 2017, 11:04:56 am

That's a good one! Job security!

cuckoobird

beach bum

If we wait until January 1st we only owe him 11.7 million is what I saw.... not the 15 million and change. They will just wait until the 2nd or 3rd day in January then BB will be gone.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on October 09, 2017, 05:40:40 pm
If we wait until January 1st we only owe him 11.7 million is what I saw.... not the 15 million and change. They will just wait until the 2nd or 3rd day in January then BB will be gone.
Usually by then all your available coaches are gone. We can't afford another JLS.

War Eagle

I remember when BB was hired at Arkansas, a friend of mine told me he would win a NC at Arkansas.  I have always thought BB was a mediocre coach and he came into the SEC running his mouth to other programs. On the other hand, I think Petrino could have at least gotten Arkansas close to a national championship.

After Bobby Petrino was fired, I heard a lot of AR fans say how Petrino didn't build the program in the right way and in a way that would bring sustained success. In reality, he built the AR program to be as strong as it has been in the past decade. Just my opinion though. I'm just an Auburn fan.

bigworm

Quote from: War Eagle on October 09, 2017, 08:25:34 pm
I remember when BB was hired at Arkansas, a friend of mine told me he would win a NC at Arkansas.  I have always thought BB was a mediocre coach and he came into the SEC running his mouth to other programs. On the other hand, I think Petrino could have at least gotten Arkansas close to a national championship.

After Bobby Petrino was fired, I heard a lot of AR fans say how Petrino didn't build the program in the right way and in a way that would bring sustained success. In reality, he built the AR program to be as strong as it has been in the past decade. Just my opinion though. I'm just an Auburn fan.

Mediocre would be nice right about now. Haha.

RZback

need a change.  And need to pick the right guy for a change.

High Voltage

I hear Houston Nutt is available!

beach bum

Quote from: High Voltage on October 10, 2017, 03:07:47 pm
I hear Houston Nutt is available!

That was a lot better and would sadly be better moving forward....

beach bum

cuckoobird

The lady that answered said, "Athletics, this is Leanne, how may I help you?"
  Idk if it was actually the university's athletic department but I told her i was replying to the craigslist post and would like to apply. Crickets click!!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 10, 2017, 04:40:02 pm
  Idk if it was actually the university's athletic department but I told her i was replying to the craigslist post and would like to apply. Crickets click!!!!!

I googled the number earlier...and it says it's Jeff Long's office LoL

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 10, 2017, 04:40:02 pm

You have got to be kidding me right??  ;D   ;D

cuckoobird

I'm serious! Give it a try. Well it's after 5 now so wait till morning if no one answers

bdubyab60

Meanwhile he continues to throw players under the bus. While some criticism is probably earned he blamed them for not developing. Wouldn't that be his job to develop these players.

I think the coach doing this to his players is detrimental to the team and could be an issue as to why things are the way they are

cuckoobird

He's not the guy everyone thought he was.

bigworm

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 10, 2017, 08:10:05 pm
He's not the guy everyone thought he was.

He's exactly who some of us thought he was.

cuckoobird

Well I thought it to when he was speaking out against HUNH being dangerous to players and causing more injuries when all scientific evidence was the opposite. Plus he was play players who were injured. RP and I went back and forth for a while over it

War Eagle

After the 2013 season, I remember Bo Mattingly saying that Bielema would be a more successful coach by year 4 than Gus Malzahn...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas