• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gameoflife

They need a new Head Coach. 

RZback

For sure need a change and a big one.  If not a new head coach then something else very major.

Longfellow

Quote from: WPWells on September 27, 2017, 08:28:04 pm
"Arkansas needs a special teams coach"

Really? Is that the conclusion you've reached this season?
I mean, the special teams has been pretty bad this year

High Voltage

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 27, 2017, 06:04:33 pm
Which are?     

Arkansas needs a special teams coach, that's evident to all.  I don't know the solution but my opinion is leaning more towards that Coach B simply can't get it done.   He has already been thru 2 Defensive Coordinators...idk....but hoping they win this week by a lot.
Would his scheme work in college? I don't think it would which would make me happy!

The Future

So score predictions or any other predictions for this game??

I'm picking the hogs to get a win. Won't be a huge celebrated powerhouse victory but a win nonetheless can do wonders for the morale of the team. And the good lord knows we could use some morale boosting. New Mexico State won't be a pushover by any means. But after two ballbusting losses and a week of improving, I think Beliema and company will have us ready to play and get the win.

I'm seeing along the lines of maybe 38-17 or 42-21. If we can give Allen time to throw, I would love to see him get 200 passing yards and a few scores to give him something to be proud of and give him some more confidence going into the season. Wanna see some great runs from our RBs. Hard quick runs. No dancing. WRs will need to step up so Allen can have them yards of course. Catch the catchable balls. Run routes smoothly.
Defense same as every week. Wrap up your man. Use your arms. You might not get him down but you'll definitely slow him down til help arrives. So tired of seeing all these opponents WRs and RBs bouncing off all our guys on a huge run cause everybodys gotta try to lay some big shoulder hit.

High Voltage

Big week for the hogs!

Hogs 52
NMST 3

Maynard G Krebs

I predict CBB will dress a little nicer this game

High Voltage

We play like this, we can play with the Tide!

The Future

Very strong start for sure!
Keep it up Hogs!

bdubyab60

nuttinbuthogs

this should be an easy, easy, easy win

cuckoobird

Comparing NMS to Alabama shows how out of touch with reality you are high voltage

bdubyab60

I see why the end zone addition costs so much. 10 workers in there on OT sitting in chairs watching the game

The Future

42-24 final

Pretty close to my predictions

High Voltage

Big, Big win for Coach B.!

Proud Buckaroo

LSU now becomes a winnable game...

If we beat SC...

I say... we beat SC, LSU, Ole miss and Mizzou.

Winnable SEC game: Miss State.

Loses: auburn and Bama.

Worst case scenario: 3-6 in SEC play.

High Voltage

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 30, 2017, 10:32:15 pm
LSU now becomes a winnable game...

If we beat SC...

I say... we beat SC, LSU, Ole miss and Mizzou.

Winnable SEC game: Miss State.

Loses: auburn and Bama.

Worst case scenario: 3-6 in SEC play.
They are all winnable.

bleudog

nastynice

Quote from: High Voltage on September 30, 2017, 10:05:43 pm
Big, Big win for Coach B.!
It's never a "big win" when you beat your token cupcake on the schedule. And if you think it was, then our program really is in bad shape!......."Big win", give me a break.

bdubyab60

We aren't beating Bama or Auburn.

I'll admit after the way some of the other teams have performed that we have some winnable games.

They would be even more winnable if we would quit letting the other teams QB sit back and just pick us apart.

High Voltage

Quote from: nastynice on October 01, 2017, 06:24:05 am
It's never a "big win" when you beat your token cupcake on the schedule. And if you think it was, then our program really is in bad shape!......."Big win", give me a break.
No matter how you slice it we won. Every win is big. USC will be big but when we beat the Tide, everyone's head will turn!

cuckoobird

Bless your poor misguided little heart. Reality well set back in when we play another sec opponent

RZback

Quote from: nastynice on October 01, 2017, 06:24:05 am

You fail to understand!  It was a BIG WIN for BB and this team! 

RZback

Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2017, 11:02:57 am
No matter how you slice it we won. Every win is big. USC will be big but when we beat the Tide, everyone's head will turn!

You my friend are disillusioned.  I don't see us beating either of those teams and Bama will destroy us.   

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 30, 2017, 01:21:19 pm
Comparing NMS to Alabama shows how out of touch with reality you are high voltage
way out of touch

HorseFeathers

Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2017, 11:02:57 am

Did you really just predict a win over Alabama?

bdubyab60

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 01, 2017, 06:29:47 pm
Did you really just predict a win over Alabama?
Its a troll.  Most of us might consider scoring a TD on them a victory. Their first two SEC games they have outscored their opponents 125-3 and only given up something like 300 total yards.

High Voltage

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 01, 2017, 08:38:26 pm
Its a troll.  Most of us might consider scoring a TD on them a victory. Their first two SEC games they have outscored their opponents 125-3 and only given up something like 300 total yards.
Nope, FAITH, we will beat USC then beat the Tide is a huge upset!

cuckoobird

The only person upset will be you when we go Ofer in sec play

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 02, 2017, 01:36:56 pm
The only person upset will be you when we go Ofer in sec play

I don't know if we will go 0-8 in SEC play.... I think 4-4 is more likely than 0-8 because this is the worst we have seen the middle and bottom of the SEC in decades. South Carolina, Ole Miss, LSU, and even Miss State seems like it could be possible to win. Tough, but possible.... Then if we can't beat Mizzou that is horrible. That might just be the worst defense in SEC history. BB better thank the league softness for a potential bowl game appearance. That 5 to 10 year ago span this Hog team would have went 3-9 for sure and 0-8 in SEC. BB should be fired simply for not winning 7 or 8 games in his 5th year in this pathetic version of the SEC.

RZback

Part of the reason he can't win in the SEC is he hasn't built a team capable of doing it over his going on 5 years here.  Is it coaching, is it talent level, is it scheme?  Yes! all of the above.  It doesn't look like its changing. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: High Voltage on October 02, 2017, 01:30:28 pm
Nope, FAITH, we will beat USC then beat the Tide is a huge upset!
It would be the biggest upset in the past decade of college football. Hope your faith includes a lot of prayer. Cause we will need it.

SC is winnable

The Future

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 03, 2017, 06:29:49 am
It would be the biggest upset in the past decade of college football. Hope your faith includes a lot of prayer. Cause we will need it.

SC is winnable

This is what is so frustrating. With the exception of Bama and probably Auburn, our whole schedule is winnable. It is very very possible we could be sitting at 4-0 right now. Every single preseason we look at the schedule and are like yea I can see 8 wins here. We just don't.

High Voltage

We will see how many band wagon jumpers we have after we Roll the Tide! ;)

beach bum

Quote from: High Voltage on October 03, 2017, 09:51:33 am
We will see how many band wagon jumpers we have after we Roll the Tide! ;)

I think a more realistic expectation going into the Alabama game is celebrating as long as our quarterback comes out of the game healthy..... That's a win in my book.

cuckoobird

I think it's time for an intervention. You're definitely on something

PrivateLesson

Alabama is going to Roll us like Thunder.

nuttinbuthogs

Faith is a great thing.  Doesn't God help those who help themselves?   Thinking we have winnable games and actually putting in place an organization to get that done are two different things.  I don't think UA is the easiest place to recruit and for sure we don't have the type talent you see with some of our opponents.  However, there is something more missing, if I knew exactly what it was I'd bottle the cure and sell it, but I'm tired of loosing games we ought to be winning, tired of hearing players say we have a great team and great players and then play terribly.  Is it laziness, is it poor coaching, is it lack of mental discipline?   It's something or its all those things.  We need a drastic fix.  New coach and staff or a strong wake up call to those folks and the players that if theycannot fix it there will be lots of changes.  I saw where Austin Allen made the comment that the team just listens to the coaches, (good thing they listen) but they don't pay attention to what the fans are saying.  That's not good given the fact that the team is not playing well and loosing the fan base will be terrible for the program.  You might better listen to the opinion of the fans and get busy impressing us.

High Voltage

Actually while the Tide has better players our coaching staff as a whole is better.

bdubyab60

Now we know you are off your rocker lol

OB11

I literally LOL'd at that.

cuckoobird

October 03, 2017, 11:58:48 am #791 Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:00:23 pm by cuckoobird
Bless your heart. I'm pretty sure you are either jeff long or bert bulimia now

bdubyab60

Quote from: The Future on October 03, 2017, 08:10:13 am
This is what is so frustrating. With the exception of Bama and probably Auburn, our whole schedule is winnable. It is very very possible we could be sitting at 4-0 right now. Every single preseason we look at the schedule and are like yea I can see 8 wins here. We just don't.
Well my expectations were 2-2 at this point especially after our first game. It should have been clearly evident even in victory that there were still the same issues lingering from the end of last season. TCU did everything it could to give us that game. A&M is not very good or at least not consistently good for the talent they have and once again we fail to step on their throats and put them away early.

Were there some improvements? Sure. But are they the kind that are going to lead to victories. The SEC is bad this year outside of 3 teams. The real frustration is that we look just as bad as the rest.

My personal frustration is not that we have lost games. Losses happen. But it's just the way we have looked while doing it. Giving up yards and points in historically bad fashion a lot of times and just finding ways to choke away games. This should not be the image and progress in year 5 of building a program

nastynice

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 03, 2017, 10:50:20 am
Faith is a great thing.  Doesn't God help those who help themselves?   Thinking we have winnable games and actually putting in place an organization to get that done are two different things.  I don't think UA is the easiest place to recruit and for sure we don't have the type talent you see with some of our opponents.  However, there is something more missing, if I knew exactly what it was I'd bottle the cure and sell it, but I'm tired of loosing games we ought to be winning, tired of hearing players say we have a great team and great players and then play terribly.  Is it laziness, is it poor coaching, is it lack of mental discipline?   It's something or its all those things.  We need a drastic fix.  New coach and staff or a strong wake up call to those folks and the players that if theycannot fix it there will be lots of changes.  I saw where Austin Allen made the comment that the team just listens to the coaches, (good thing they listen) but they don't pay attention to what the fans are saying.  That's not good given the fact that the team is not playing well and loosing the fan base will be terrible for the program.  You might better listen to the opinion of the fans and get busy impressing us.

I see what you're saying but if Houston Nutt and Petrino can win ball games here, then Bert should be able to also.....Bert is a bad recruiter and horrible coach. He is though, one great con artist!

nastynice

Anybody got Chip Kelleys cell number?

AirWarren

Statewide division makes me laugh.

PrivateLesson

LRRandy

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 03, 2017, 10:50:20 am
it's fake news. They are told they are great so they buy it. Great compared to what? How many seasons have started with this coaching staff selling  the fans that the defense is much improved. The Oline is going to be a strength. Player ______ is all American caliber. There is a talent disparity that these coaches can't overcome. Some coaches down through time have been able to coach the Razorback players up and overachieve, this staff has not been able to do so. In leui of that they sell hog nation the emperors new clothes. Expecting all to buy in until it is just painfully obvious that it is not what is was said it would be. Bielema wil always be this way.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: nastynice on October 03, 2017, 12:08:32 pm
I see what you're saying but if Houston Nutt and Petrino can win ball games here, then Bert should be able to also.....Bert is a bad recruiter and horrible coach. He is though, one great con artist!

Pretty much my point! 

Redwolves8526

Quote from: nastynice on October 03, 2017, 12:33:38 pm
Anybody got Chip Kelleys cell number?

Why would he come to Arkansas? Lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas