• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: High Voltage on September 17, 2017, 08:46:38 am
I have a really good vibe, we only lose one more game.

I will give you more realistic outlook than what you gave.... We will lose 4 more games minimum

Texas A&M- they're terrible too so we have a chance here
New Mexico State- If we lose to them how sad, we should win
@South Carolina- we won't be able to score much in this one, slight lean loss
@Alabama- loss bad
Auburn- Auburn's offense stinks, but their defense is great, 90% loss
@ Ole Miss- slight lean to loss here, a win would not surprise me though
Coastal Carolina- win
@LSU- too many athletes to shut down our bad offense, loss
Miss State- they look so improved its crazy, loss here
Missouri- this team might make us even look good on offense, win here to end the year

..... We are still looking at somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5..... If we finish 7-5 its because the rest of us can admit this is the worst we have all seen the SEC in forever. The bottom 6 or 7 teams in this conference look so bad and we should be thankful for that.

bdubyab60

At least we will look good in Dallas. I'm know where close to a Cowboys fan but the units look good

beach bum

Did anyone else see we are slotted to play at 11 in the morning Saturday?? As if two lackluster teams needed anything else for this to turn into an eye sore of an offensive game..... 20 points will win this game most likely.

bleudog

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 17, 2017, 05:38:26 pm
At least we will look good in Dallas. I'm know where close to a Cowboys fan but the units look good

TWSS

bdubyab60

Autocorrect is killing me lol

High Voltage

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 17, 2017, 09:12:12 am
That would be great. But whatever you are smoking taking or drinking I want some of it.
Positive vibes man! If we all send some positive vibes to the Razorbacks it would help instead of all of the negativity.

cuckoobird

High Voltage

cuckoobird

That it will help them win. Just about everyone was positive before the season started and look how that turned out. Maybe a little heat on the seat of the AD down is what they all need to get motivated

bleudog

High Voltage

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2017, 01:02:18 pm
That it will help them win. Just about everyone was positive before the season started and look how that turned out. Maybe a little heat on the seat of the AD down is what they all need to get motivated
I respect your decision to be negative, however I am going to continue to support Coach B and the hogs.

beach bum

September 18, 2017, 10:18:57 pm #611 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:27:20 pm by beach bum
Quote from: High Voltage on September 18, 2017, 05:13:15 pm
I respect your decision to be negative, however I am going to continue to support Coach B and the hogs.

Once the guy ran his mouth to about half of our competition and then couldn't even back it up I lost all support for him a long time ago... I want a guy that wins games and has a personality more like Mike Anderson's. I am not saying Mike Anderson is such a winning coach, but talking more in the sense I like his modest and more behind the scenes personality .... You don't see Mike Anderson kissing up to all his superiors and begging for a TV camera to be put in his face anytime he can. He just has the personality he wants to do his job and not be seen. That is why if Mike Anderson was to ever fail here I would feel bad for him and can't wait for BB to leave on the other hand.... I don't get the whole BB's a nice guy talk. He seems more like a cocky former frat boy who sucks up to all the right people and who can't back up anything he says.

bdubyab60

Quote from: High Voltage on September 18, 2017, 05:13:15 pm
Just because we are pointing out the negative things about our Hogs does not mean we do not support. Just because we may not think they can win this Saturday does not mean we do not want them to.

I think every Hog fan wants us to win and to be a good team.

Now not every fan wants CB to still be the coach, some didn't want him here in the first place. However when you are making 4 plus million dollars the team should at least look like it's played some football before. Right now there isn't much positive to look at.

You keep it positive. I'll keep pulling for them but I'm not gonna sugar coat anything And be all positive when there's not much to be positive about.

Seriously this game Saturday is like Cinderellas two ugly step sisters fighting over the glass slipper. No real winner cause the shoe ain't gonna fit.

Proud Buckaroo

soooooooooooooooooooooo....

Arkansas is a 2.5 point favorite...

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 19, 2017, 10:58:47 am
soooooooooooooooooooooo....

Arkansas is a 2.5 point favorite...

That is stinking funny.... Goes to show you how much they think of the Aggies and Kevin Sumlin  :D

cuckoobird

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 19, 2017, 11:14:03 am
And of the razorbacks

The SEC as a whole has so many bad teams right now.... Any other power 5 teams would love to schedule Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Texas A&M right now from the West. Ole Miss and Texas A&M can't even beat average to below average Pac 12 teams and Arkansas can't even score double digits on a Big 12 defense of a team that won't even sniff winning the Big 12.

High Voltage

Go Hogs! Coach B., some of us are behind you win or lose. Go get some Aggies this weekend. Time to rebound and get moving towards a SEC West Championship!

cuckoobird

Hahahahaha that's hilarious

beach bum

I am starting to think ricepig created a second account to fool us....

Proud Buckaroo

Speaking of: where is he?

cuckoobird

I guess he can't even make excuses for the mess Bert has us in

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 19, 2017, 02:19:36 pm
Speaking of: where is he?

He is too busy defending the "foundation" on hogville.

WPWells

You know it's bad when I'm not even defending him anymore

AirWarren

Quote from: WPWells on September 19, 2017, 06:20:01 pm
You know it's bad when I'm not even defending him anymore

I also have stopped defending him.

bdubyab60

Dan Wolkin wrote an article on the state of SEC coaching. I'll try and find post a link. Interesting read

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 19, 2017, 08:40:25 pm
Dan Wolkin wrote an article on the state of SEC coaching. I'll try and find post a link. Interesting read

Definitely do if you find it....Even a guy like McElwain has lost complete control at Florida. I saw where some more guys got in trouble with the law there. Right now, the only coaches who seem safe are Saban, Mason, and Mullen for a while. The rest don't have more than a couple years to ruin their welcome. If Derek Mason at Vanderbilt can somehow get to an 8-4 regular season record I can see him pulling a Franklin before him and landing at a program like Nebraska or even landing at another school in the SEC that can pay him more. I wish we had a coach like Mason. He gets fired up to his players and acts like he is having fun when things are going well. You can tell he genuinely loves what he is doing.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 19, 2017, 08:50:03 pm
Definitely do if you find it....Even a guy like McElwain has lost complete control at Florida. I saw where some more guys got in trouble with the law there. Right now, the only coaches who seem safe are Saban, Mason, and Mullen for a while. The rest don't have more than a couple years to ruin their welcome. If Derek Mason at Vanderbilt can somehow get to an 8-4 regular season record I can see him pulling a Franklin before him and landing at a program like Nebraska or even landing at another school in the SEC that can pay him more. I wish we had a coach like Mason. He gets fired up to his players and acts like he is having fun when things are going well. You can tell he genuinely loves what he is doing.
Unfortunately I couldn't find it. In a nutshell it covered the guys that would be staying. But called out Orgeron and muschamp for already having failed before at SEC schools. Then down through the hot seat guys. Then did a little summary of each hot seat guy, which wasn't from Wolken but from folks he had interviewed that keep tabs on coaching in the college ranks. Their take is that we are overreacting after the TCU loss. Basically barring a complete collapse the higher ups are still on CB side, that 15.4 looms large and he will get at least one more year.

I'll keep looking though.

bleudog

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 19, 2017, 08:40:25 pm

"3. Recent head coaching hires in the SEC have leveled the playing field: A decade ago in the SEC, you had Urban Meyer at Florida, Steve Spurrier at South Carolina, Bobby Petrino at Arkansas, Mark Richt at Georgia and Les Miles (still at the peak of his powers) at LSU. The only school that can even think they upgraded is Georgia, and that's still very much in question depending on how good of a game day coach Kirby Smart has. The SEC's string of uninspired coaching hires has made the league ordinary outside of Alabama, to the point where a classic rivalry like Florida-Tennessee is an unwatchable disaster (at least until the final few minutes). Which leads me to... "

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2017/09/16/college-football-week-3-florida-tennessee-sec-coaches-clemson/674568001/

bdubyab60

Quote from: bleudog on September 19, 2017, 09:12:23 pm
"3. Recent head coaching hires in the SEC have leveled the playing field: A decade ago in the SEC, you had Urban Meyer at Florida, Steve Spurrier at South Carolina, Bobby Petrino at Arkansas, Mark Richt at Georgia and Les Miles (still at the peak of his powers) at LSU. The only school that can even think they upgraded is Georgia, and that's still very much in question depending on how good of a game day coach Kirby Smart has. The SEC's string of uninspired coaching hires has made the league ordinary outside of Alabama, to the point where a classic rivalry like Florida-Tennessee is an unwatchable disaster (at least until the final few minutes). Which leads me to... "

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2017/09/16/college-football-week-3-florida-tennessee-sec-coaches-clemson/674568001/
Bleu this one was strictly about the dissatisfaction of SEC fans with their coaches.

bdubyab60

Outside of Alabama, dissatisfaction among SEC fans is rampant, and growing.

That's the headline, USA Today column but for some reason I can't get the link from my phone.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 20, 2017, 06:22:16 am

That's the headline, USA Today column but for some reason I can't get the link from my phone.

Gotta figure that Tennessee, LSU, Arkansas, Florida and A&M could all be in the market for a new coach this off-season...

High Voltage

Let's face hard facts folks, whether or not you like Coach B., and I do he will be here past this season. The 15m dollar buyout is too much to pay someone not working and then you have to hire a new coach in the same dollar range. It is just not fiscally feasible to do at this point. After the 2018/2019 season it drops to 8.9m I believe and that is in range.

One point I will agree on with you folks is this, Jeff Long should have never given Coach B. or any coach outside of Nick Saban a contract that long with that kind of buyout. If the blame game is played then Jeff Long is the culprit.

So let's set back, enjoy some hog football and hope for the best! Because complaining and calling for Coach B.'s head is pointless right now.

bleudog

September 20, 2017, 09:01:16 am #633 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:40:36 am by bleudog
Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 20, 2017, 06:22:16 am

Let me try again:

"Arkansas: While the program has not progressed as much as expected after Bielema's early splash, athletics director Jeff Long and other decision-makers are more realistic about the situation than Arkansas fans. Despite the howling following an ugly 28-7 loss at home to TCU, Bielema's hefty buyout ($15.4 million through 2017, dropping to $11.7 million on Jan. 1, 2018) plus uncertainty about the ability to upgrade likely will keep him in place at least another year."

CLICK HERE

High Voltage

Quote from: bleudog on September 20, 2017, 09:01:16 am
"Arkansas: While the program has not progressed as much as expected after Bielema's early splash, athletics director Jeff Long and other decision-makers are more realistic about the situation than Arkansas fans. Despite the howling following an ugly 28-7 loss at home to TCU, Bielema's hefty buyout ($15.4 million through 2017, dropping to $11.7 million on Jan. 1, 2018) plus uncertainty about the ability to upgrade likely will keep him in place at least another year."

CLICK HERE
See, we may even have to keep him another two years. Sit back and enjoy fellas. It's Jeff Long you should be screaming about!

bdubyab60

Trolling. Nothing to enjoy, yet anyways and don't see anything on the horizon either.

Also the "DECISION MAKERS" being more realistic just means they are worried about the buyout.

In the long run if things keep progressing/regressing like they are we will have a completely empty 75000 plus seat stadium every Saturday. Then that buyout will look like chump change compared to the money lost from not being able to fill those seats

cuckoobird

I've been calling for long and Bert's heads for a while now. .

beach bum

If everyone in the state would just pay $5 a piece then we could pay his buyout.... I'll do it now. I'll waste $5 anyway at some point this week.

High Voltage

Quote from: beach bum on September 20, 2017, 01:19:28 pm
If everyone in the state would just pay $5 a piece then we could pay his buyout.... I'll do it now. I'll waste $5 anyway at some point this week.
He doesn't deserve an extension, but he deserves two more years. Then evaluate! ;)

beach bum

September 20, 2017, 06:00:35 pm #639 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:05:52 pm by beach bum
Quote from: High Voltage on September 20, 2017, 05:39:02 pm
He doesn't deserve an extension, but he deserves two more years. Then evaluate! ;)

I hope you are not a boss or in any position of power at your job. Is that the expectations you would hold for employees? Have 14 bad shifts in a row then work 2 good ones so you give them a raise out of this world? Then the employee gets lazy and just settles for being good 30% of the time in meaningful moments? This is not high school football with district lines that limits player options and where you can not recruit your own players you want. College football coaches making millions of dollars don't deserve more than 4 or 5 years to prove they can have at least one or two decent years in that time frame. We all knew this was a train wreck after last year. His teams have gotten worse from his 2nd and 3rd years and those years were just so so anyway.

bdubyab60

He has 10 more games to show that he can make a difference. If there is no improvement and I'm talking about us looking like a competent football program then beach has my $5 possibly 10.

As it is now I have to make the decision to go watch a 3rd grade flag football game or watch the Hogs. Something tells me I could probably get the same quality of football on the peewee field as the game being played in Jerry world.

It's probably DVR and tracking the score and watching these kids viciously rip these flags away from each other. The best thing will be the screaming parents I bet.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 17, 2017, 09:12:12 am
That would be great. But whatever you are smoking taking or drinking I want some of it.

Second in that line.

bdubyab60

Now supposedly we have two players get in a fight. One hasn't touched the field and the other starter. The starter out with a broken jaw

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 21, 2017, 12:11:42 pm
Now supposedly we have two players get in a fight. One hasn't touched the field and the other starter. The starter out with a broken jaw

Is this rumor or true? Heard it's confirmed on pay sites but it's ok hogville. And hogville is a joke.

Proud Buckaroo

It was on 103.7 buzz. Devwah got punched by Brandon Martin. He broke his jaw..

bdubyab60

That's the reason I said supposedly. But now looking like it has been confirmed.

JMO here. But we have been told we are to be UNCOMMON. But now not only the play on the field but we have the Sprinkle incident, Morgans spit and now this.

This is one thing that CBB handles pretty well though and I'm sure he will this time. It's just dang can we get to playing good football. This stuff is a lot easier to take when that happens.

Proud Buckaroo

Apparently it's a rumor... because Devwah has posted on twitter that he is set to travel with the team and take on Texas a&m in his home state.

bdubyab60

Good we need that guy to turn in to what we think he can be

VHSCoach2

Rumors swirling on Hogville that Devwah Whaley will not play against the Aggies on Saturday after suffering a broken jaw due to a locker room altercation with a teammate.

bdubyab60

Guess we will find out soon enough.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas