• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

High Voltage

We will surprise some people!

Three wins are gimme's.
Florida A&M
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
3-0

Games we are certainly the better team and will win.
TCU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Missouri
8-0

Games we are equal to our opponent.
South Carolina (They are still learning the new system we should win. Being it is at SC will make it interesting.)
Auburn (Gus is on the hot seat as well but we get the at DWRRS.)
LSU (At Death Valley makes this hard for us.)
10-1

Games we lose.
Alabama @ Alabama
10-2

beach bum

Quote from: High Voltage on August 31, 2017, 06:41:46 pm
We will surprise some people!

Three wins are gimme's.
Florida A&M
New Mexico State
Coastal Carolina
3-0

Games we are certainly the better team and will win.
TCU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Missouri
8-0

Games we are equal to our opponent.
South Carolina (They are still learning the new system we should win. Being it is at SC will make it interesting.)
Auburn (Gus is on the hot seat as well but we get the at DWRRS.)
LSU (At Death Valley makes this hard for us.)
10-1

Games we lose.
Alabama @ Alabama
10-2

I am pretty sure this is sarcasm right?

Romeo

Tells a lot about the future of a stadium when a high school game on Saturday might have more fans than a Razorback game.

beach bum

Quote from: Romeo on August 31, 2017, 07:18:41 pm
Tells a lot about the future of a stadium when a high school game on Saturday might have more fans than a Razorback game.

That is honestly embarrassing when it showed the totality of the crowd.... You can tell Allen is going to get crushed when we start playing real opponents. Florida A&M is getting pressure. I seriously feel bad for AA having to play behind that line.

WPWells

Defense good. Offense bad.

WPWells

Update (I know it's a bad team but still):

Defense really good. Offense good.

High Voltage

High Voltage

We will be fine. People need to quit scrutinizing everything.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 31, 2017, 05:07:22 pm
Last I saw we are a 48 point favorite in Vegas.... I knew Florida A&M is one of the worst teams even in FCS lately. But a 7 score favorite??

Gonna come close to covering it

beach bum

Quote from: High Voltage on August 31, 2017, 09:40:00 pm
We will be fine. People need to quit scrutinizing everything.

We are fans.... That is what we do. You need to take your homer glasses off. Allen is going to be running for his life again. It's plain as day. 8 wins would require us to win the majority of our close games we end up in. That is the ceiling of this team from what we saw tonight if that is what we are as a team.

WPWells

I don't know, beach bum... I was pretty impressed with our defense tonight.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 31, 2017, 09:55:02 pm
We are fans.... That is what we do. You need to take your homer glasses off. Allen is going to be running for his life again. It's plain as day. 8 wins would require us to win the majority of our close games we end up in. That is the ceiling of this team from what we saw tonight if that is what we are as a team.

Watched most of the 1st half.....Oline needs a bunch of work on pass protection......looked and sounds like our defense played as expected tonight...

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on August 31, 2017, 09:56:38 pm

I think this showed we will be much better against those spread teams and teams that don't use overpowering you as a means to win games. The teams I am still worried about are still the obvious power teams of LSU, Auburn, and Bama that are capable of lining up and running down hill on people. I think the defense will certainly fair better against the likes of Texas A&M, TCU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. I agree they looked like they may be better suited to cover those offenses.

WPWells

Definitely an improvement over last year any way you slice it

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on August 31, 2017, 07:18:41 pm

Give a stadium a shotty opponent on a Thursday night and that's the result.

Ready to just hand it over.

I want to remember tons of memories and great games at WMS instead of FAMU and Toledo.

LRRandy

Quote from: WPWells on August 31, 2017, 09:56:38 pm
hold that thought until you see how they do against a team with a pulse. If they look lie that against TCU then you are onto something. I watched Agim most of the night. He blew up many plays with penetration. He is a stud.

bleudog

September 01, 2017, 07:39:39 am #466 Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:41:58 am by bleudog
Quote from: WPWells on August 31, 2017, 09:16:20 pm
Update (I know it's a bad team but still):

Defense really good. Offense good.

It was a MEAC team.  I had told the folks I work with my prediction was 62-7.

Frank's gone, put UAPB on the schedule.

cuckoobird

urban legend2

From what I saw, the O-Line needs work, particularly in pass protection, because if they played like that against even decent teams, the Hogs would be in trouble. For most of the night, Allen looked uncomfortable whenever he dropped back. ... The RBs did what they were supposed to do against a highly inferior opponent. ... Hard to gauge the improvement of the defense because FAMU didn't attack downfield until the one drive late that they scored on, but the defensive line was very active. Overall, not a whole lot you can tell from this one, aside from the O-line needing some work.

AirWarren

Quote from: bleudog on September 01, 2017, 07:39:39 am
It was a MEAC team.  I had told the folks I work with my prediction was 62-7.

Frank's gone, put UAPB on the schedule.

Uapb. A state.

HorseFeathers

Redwolves8526

AirWarren

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 01, 2017, 12:53:12 pm
They scurred

We played an astate equivalent last night. Not scared.

urban legend2

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2017, 02:17:46 pm
FAMU is closer to being a UAPB equivolent than ASU...trust me.

LRRandy

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2017, 02:17:46 pm
FAMU plays at a much lower level than AState. Probably as equal a step down as from UofA to AState.

bleudog

September 01, 2017, 02:49:42 pm #475 Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:49:30 am by bleudog
FAMU is an FCS team that plays in the MEAC

Last year's WMS opponent was Alcorn.
Alcorn is an FCS team that plays in the SWAC

Neither the MEAC or the SWAC choose to participate in the FCS football playoff.  The champions from each conference play each other and it's billed as the HBCU National Championship.

UAPB is an FCS team that plays in the SWAC

My point was, if Arkansas is going to schedule MEAC or SWAC teams, they might as well schedule UAPB rather than funding the programs of UAPB's conference members.

gameoflife

Well, had to judge what success we will have from last nights game.   Offense didn't look impressive, OL needs work. 

cuckoobird

Austin will be running for his life in SEC play. After watching the performance by the offensive line, we may not win 5 games this year.

High Voltage

Quote from: beach bum on August 31, 2017, 09:55:02 pm
Give them some time to gell. We are going to smoke TCU.

cuckoobird

Quote from: High Voltage on September 01, 2017, 03:07:03 pm
Give them some time to gell. We are going to smoke TCU.
TCU will go vertical and when FAMU finally did that, they scored. We're in trouble unless something changes

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 01, 2017, 03:08:23 pm
TCU will go vertical and when FAMU finally did that, they scored. We're in trouble unless something changes

On the second/third team unit. From what radio stated.

bdubyab60

JMO. Still only the first game. But defensively we looked ok, or least somewhat improved from last year. Last year that team scores 20 plus on us. But TCU should be a good measuring stick.

Offensively I expected a slow start. Allen still holds on to the ball to long and is still staring down receivers. He has to improve or he will get himself killed, plus he will have a ton of INT's again. His decision making has got to get better.

The Oline looks to have the same problems as last year. Missing assignments and so on. To many free shots on our Allen isn't going to help him improve.

Running backs looked pretty good despite some poor blocking. I was really impressed with the Hayden kid.

Hard for the receivers to look good when your QB isn't making good throws and good decisions with his throws.

Nice to see us kicking it through the end zone and covering kicks well.

7 wins with a bowl win

WPWells

FAMU had <100 yards until the second/third team came in. Don't act like they had any success with anything on offense against our first team defense.

LRRandy

Quote from: WPWells on September 01, 2017, 11:21:50 pm
FAMU had <100 yards until the second/third team came in. Don't act like they had any success with anything on offense against our first team defense.
Glad you're okay with how they looked and not concerned

nuttinbuthogs

I hope the Hogs are not going to be disappointing! Again!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 02, 2017, 09:02:24 am
I hope the Hogs are not going to be disappointing! Again!!!
Me to but I think theirs a good chance they might. I hope not.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2017, 08:48:03 am
Uapb. A state.

We probably didn't want to play A State this year. They only lost by 7 to Nebraska last night. I almost didn't believe the score when I saw it.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 03, 2017, 10:14:44 am
We probably didn't want to play A State this year. They only lost by 7 to Nebraska last night. I almost didn't believe the score when I saw it.
Nebraska. Please. Wash ups. Haha

nuttinbuthogs

UA is not going to do anything that might benefit the in state colleges.  They will not risk playing them.

LRRandy

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 03, 2017, 05:54:46 pm
UA is not going to do anything that might benefit the in state colleges.  They will not risk playing them.
that's a shame too. A lot of big time programs across the college football landscape schedule in state programs.

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on September 03, 2017, 10:26:05 pm
that's a shame too. A lot of big time programs across the college football landscape schedule in state programs.

Exactly, we are scared and elitist when we have no basis to be elitist.

LRRandy

College Football news preview of TCU game.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/09/arkansas-tcu-prediction-game-preview

It is a toss up game. Hogs need to win this to climb the ladder on a good season.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: AirWarren on September 03, 2017, 04:21:25 pm
Nebraska. Please. Wash ups. Haha

ASU had every chance to win that game....all our problems could be solved if we played each other on the first playing date in Little Rock.

beach bum

bleudog

Massey moved Arkansas chance of winning from 58% to 59% and still has the score 31-28 Hogs.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=295489

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on September 05, 2017, 12:38:57 pm
TCU 38 Arkansas 24

I will always respect a mans opinion. But... no. 

cuckoobird

Proud Buckaroo

Not predicting any scores. Just don't think Arkansas loses.

nuttinbuthogs

Gosh, UA is hard to get excited about.  I think they will win but I could see them getting upset if TCU can score some points. Arkansas just doesn't look that good. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 08, 2017, 10:09:07 am
Gosh, UA is hard to get excited about.  I think they will win but I could see them getting upset if TCU can score some points. Arkansas just doesn't look that good. 

Hard to be upset when you aren't favored to wib

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas