• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#21 Pine Bluff Zebras vs. #2 Hot Springs

Started by itsslim, January 04, 2016, 08:18:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

itsslim

How do u c these two matching up. multiple d1 players for hot springs. game is at hot springs

sportsguy80

Should be a good one. Hot Springs is on a roll right now while PB will be in a very HOSTILE environment tomorrow. I can't recall the last time they lost at home... The Trojans feed off of turnovers and a very fast pace. I haven't seen PB this year but I saw them play several games last year including the finals. They like to play at a more controlled pace while attacking the rim. The guard matchups will be key. The Zs will need a good start and keep #23Lennox and #21Christon in check throughout the game. They both are go to threats at ALL times. Also, the Zs may have a size advantage so crashing the boards and getting tip-ins will help.

zebradynasty

Quote from: sportsguy80 on January 04, 2016, 08:48:57 pm
Should be a good one. Hot Springs is on a roll right now while PB will be in a very HOSTILE environment tomorrow. I can't recall the last time they lost at home... The Trojans feed off of turnovers and a very fast pace. I haven't seen PB this year but I saw them play several games last year including the finals. They like to play at a more controlled pace while attacking the rim. The guard matchups will be key. The Zs will need a good start and keep #23Lennox and #21Christon in check throughout the game. They both are go to threats at ALL times. Also, the Zs may have a size advantage so crashing the boards and getting tip-ins will help.

Except for the Chapel game I don't think PB has truly played in hostile environment this year. If I remember PB defeated Hot Springs last year in PB. Even though it's practically the same team...There is no comparison from last year. We were more inside oriented last year and this year it's all about the guards. We should be able to get up and down the court with most teams just not sure about the defense just yet but got some depth Skelton (All State QB in Football) has been impressive. Wish I could be there but if the Z's outside shooting is on....they can score and can get to the rim to pull out a road win.

itsslim

zebras beat Marion and west Memphis in west Memphis in December, it was hostile for the west Memphis game, and 2.5 hours away. zs did beat the Trojans last year. run n gun style team this year with more depth. how do the Trojans play?

itsslim

no size advantage for the zs, they are more uptempo now. defense is solid, just ran into.Forrest city who score a lot of points. they average nearly 90 points a game, has to be near the top in the state. game will also be streaming online.

sportsguy80

Hot Springs is very uptempo but tend to slow it down and play halfcourt when they need to. They usually play about 10 guys and press a lot. The Trojans shoot lights out at home if they aren't contested. Against the Zs, they may not be so aggressive on defense unless the Zs can't handle their pressure. I don't know if any guys are injured or out from their 6 game tourney in TX. Is the starting big man from last year still at PB or graduated? He played well against Jonesboro in the finals. I remember some of the other players like Thomas, Tate, Dilworth, and both Smiths. I'm anxious to see Skelton vs Lennox. Both are about the same size and extremely athletic.
Here is a link that Paris High School(TX) shared on their website about the Trojans:
https://t.co/JuHOMptxla
http://phs.parisisd.net/index.php?siteID=168&pageID=17344_2

itsslim

yea I read that article over the weekend. the big man is gone. looks like it will be a good one. pb is coming off a loss and usually responds well the game after

itsslim

iM SEEING FEBRUARY 2013 WAS THE LAST HOME LOSS FOR HOT SPRINGS. IMPRESSIVE

sportsguy80

Quote from: itsslim on January 05, 2016, 10:22:11 am
iM SEEING FEBRUARY 2013 WAS THE LAST HOME LOSS FOR HOT SPRINGS. IMPRESSIVE
Do you know to who?

itsslim

itsslim

PINE BLUFF-HOT SPRINGS PREVIEW 1/5/16 7:00 PM: THE DEFENDING 6A STATE CHAMPS, THE ZEBRAS TRAVEL TO BILL CLINTON'S BIRTH PLACE OF HOT SPRINGS TO TAKE ON THE #1 RANKED TROJANS. PB CURRENTLY HAS A 7-3 RECORD AND RANKED 24TH, WINNING THE NORTH PULASKI TOURNAMENT AND FINISHING 2ND IN THE ZEBRA HOLIDAY CLASSIC. HS CURRENTLY HAS A 11-2 RECORD WINNING THE PARIS, TEXAS HOLIDAY TOURNAMENT. THE TROJANS HAVEN'T LOST A HOME GAME SINCE 2013 TO NONE OTHER THAN PINE BLUFF'S WATSON CHAPEL WILDCATS. SR G #3 MARCUS THOMAS 6'3" RANKED #19 IN ARKANSAS, LEADS THE ZEBRAS WITH 20 PPG AND 5.2 RPG, THOMAS HOLDS OFFERS FROM HOLMES COLLEGE AND ITAWAMBA COLLEGE WITH INTEREST FROM WESTERN KENTUCKY. HOT SPRINGS IS LED BY JR #21 EXAVIAN CHRISTON 6'4" 180 LBS RANKED #18 IN ARKANSAS, 18 PPG, CHRISTON HAS AN OFFER FROM QUACHITA UNIVERSITY, WITH INTEREST FROM SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI, ARKANSAS, AND UALR. CHRISTON IS THE COUSIN OF PHOENIX MERCURY WNBA PLAYER AND FORMER ARKANSAS LADY RAZORBACK SHAMEKA CHRISTON. MARCELL GOINS A GRADUATE OF WATSON CHAPEL HIGH SCHOOL IS AN ASSISTANT COACH OF THE TROJANS. LIVE STREAM: WWW.NFHSNETWORK.COM/SCHOOLS/PINE-BLUFF-HIGH-SCHOOL-PINE-BLUFF-AR

WPWells

itsslim

sportsguy80

itsslim

Exavian Christon is the truth, was very impressed. someone needs to sign this kid, he could score more, but the hot springs team is loaded, and this kid has all the tools. I posted a few plays of his on my Twitter page @arnfhsnetwork. was a very good game, ppb got out rebounded and wasn't physical at all. zebras woke up to late to complete the comeback. hot springs will compete for the 5a title

godeep

Itsslim who would win Hot Springs or FC after watching both? Both should be deep in tourney

itsslim

I believe hot springs would win, they have a deeper bench, and are more athletic. I would pay to see that hot springs team play. team had 4 dunks and 2 missed dunked attempts. just a fun team to watch. glasper is the main threat for Forrest city. HS has about 4-5 guys u have to honestly try to contain

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas