• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#2 Arizona State vs #1 Arkansas (Vandy series, too)

Started by rsvl_hogfan4, April 07, 2009, 07:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AB™

This atmosphere is ridiculous. I love it!  College baseball is the sht.

AB™

rsvl_hogfan4

Carver gets a single to score 2 runs and put the Hogs up 8-7. He gets thrown out trying to stretch it into a double to end the inning. Hogs battle back once again to take the lead. Still early though.

rsvl_hogfan4

McCann has thrown out 5 base runners trying to steal on him in this series with ASU. He just threw one out. He had 3 or 4 yesterday.

AB™

Serious question. Any relation to Brian McCann?  Both are basically the same size and both are catchers.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB™ on April 08, 2009, 08:53:46 pm
Serious question. Any relation to Brian McCann?  Both are basically the same size and both are catchers.
I don't think so, but maybe. They aren't brothers, but maybe cousins.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

AB™

Pick_DA_EAGLES

so if we score a touchdown and extra point were tied?

AB™

No the Hogs are winning. And I meant 42-38. An ASU TD gives them the lead.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

holy crap come on defense!!!!!!!!!!!i would thank that are football team could score more 42 on there baseball team though, kinda disappointed!

rsvl_hogfan4

Pick_DA_EAGLES

rsvl_hogfan4

With runners on the corners, Murphy strikes out the ASU batter to end the top of the 8th! Huge strikeout there. 8-7 Hogs going into the bottom of the 8th. ASU has 3 more outs to try and extend this game.

stattracker

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 08, 2009, 09:29:03 pm
With runners on the corners, Murphy strikes out the ASU batter to end the top of the 8th! Huge strikeout there. 8-7 Hogs going into the bottom of the 8th. ASU has 3 more outs to try and extend this game.

That was a huge freaking K right there.

Hold on Hogs!!!!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

AB™

11,014 the announced attendance.

This game has the feel of a Regional or Super-Regional.

rsvl_hogfan4

9th inning pitching change for the Hogs. Richards is coming to the mound. ASU has 1 on and no outs. Richards walked the bases loaded last night, but had 3 strikes to end the game. Hopefully he does the same, but with less walks.

RD™

stattracker

1 out in the top of the 9th after a sacrifice. Tying run on 2nd.

RD™

RD™

RD™

SWING AND A MISS STRUCK HIM OUT!!!!!!!!

ONE OUT AWAY FROM BEING UNDISPUTED #1 IN THE COUNTRY

RD™

RD™

1 BALL 1 STRIKE (got him down around the knees)

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: RD™ on April 08, 2009, 09:57:34 pm
BAUM IS GOING NUTS!!!!!
It sounds amazing. I wish I could have made it up. I had plans to, but got sick and couldn't make the trip either days. 11k is amazing for a mid-week game.

RD™

1 BALL 2 STRIKES (curve ball)

HERE WE GO! ! ! ! !

ONE MORE STRIKE BABY UNDISPUTED #1

RD™

STRIKE 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNDISPUTED #1 FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsvl_hogfan4

Pick_DA_EAGLES

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

RD™

RD™

jbell96

Hey Josh, tell your boy Pedroia his boys at ASU can s*ck it! ;D

Father Guido

Great game!  Great Atmosphere.  11,000+ in the stands for a New All-Time Attendance Record at Baum...and it was rocking.

Darr is the Man!!

AB™

Man.  That was just sick.  That atmosphere.  The game.  Wow.  Just wow.  I honestly don't think there is any other college baseball stadium in the nation that can match the atmosphere of Baum.  Granted that was a two gamer against another top 5 team, but it was still a mid-week, mid-season, non-conferece series that had 11K, and the place was electric.  I've never been to a Regional or Super Regional at Baum but if they have one this year, I am there.  I'll sell blood and semen if I have to for the packet of tickets. 

To me, nothing tops experiencing a great baseball game in person.  I've been to a couple of very good MLB games in person and got very caught up in the euphoria of things even though neither one involved the Braves.  Tonight was the best college baseball game I've ever been to in person and it topped the atmosphere of the MLB games I've been to that came down to the last batter or went into extra innings.

B&GT

Quote from: RD™ on April 08, 2009, 12:49:41 am
That now puts arkansas at 6 and 1 against the pac-10. Sweeping Washington, getting 2 of 3 from cal and winning this one. Combined 16-3 against the supposed two best conferences in baseball.

I'm not sure anybody considers the Pac-10 one of the best conferences.  They've got ASU and then...meh.  The only teams in it that don't have at least 12 losses are Arizona State and Oregon State.  The other two teams Arkansas played in the Pac-10 are a combined 29-27 and 7-8 in conference.  Since it has ASU and OSU the Pac-10 has an argument for #5, maybe, but the ACC, SEC, Big-12, Big West, and Mountain West are definitely better.  C-USA and the West Coast Conference are just as good or right behind the Pac-10.  That takes nothing away from sweeping Arizona State, they are a very, very good team, clearly one of the best in college baseball.

I noticed this isn't the last time Baum will host a top team mid-week.  On the 28th OU comes to town, and they're ranked 11, 11, and 12 in the three major polls.  The weekend following that game is when we host LSU.  That will be a crazy week.

Unfortunately, it looks like the only game I'll see this weekend is on Sunday.  Vanderbilt is a tough team despite being 5-7 in conference.  They haven't been swept, and they took 2 of 3 from Florida last weekend at home.  Arkansas should take care of business, but nothing in the SEC is easy.  Well, this year Tennessee might be, but we do play them at their place, so probably not.

Quote from: AB™ on April 09, 2009, 01:21:50 am
I've never been to a Regional or Super Regional at Baum but if they have one this year, I am there.  I'll sell blood and semen if I have to for the packet of tickets. 

I've been to three regionals and a super regional at Baum, and you got a good taste of what it's like tonight.  That's it, though, a taste.  Tonight nothing was at stake, neither team used their top pitchers (except at the end), and, Arkansas at least, didn't have its weekend outfielders or catcher in the game.  In a regional, the whole season is on the line.  Teams throw the best they have at each other, coaches pull almost anything they can think of to win, and every single pitch is intense.  Add to that a rowdy hog crowd of 10,000+, Baum Stadium, and in the case of the super regional, ESPN being there, and it's something to behold.  That atmosphere is completely indescribable, it would be like trying to tell you what the color green looks like.  In 2004 when Toops hit the grand slam was absolute insanity.  Even Chuck completely lost it on the live radio broadcast.  If they host, sell your mother to see it.

13minutes

WOW. My dad and I made the trip up and it was well worth it. We picked up a $10 and $7 (student) dollar ticket located in the far left field corner. Well, we went down to the section above the home dugout to watch BP. It turns out that we sat 6 rows up above the dugout for $10 bucks. But yes, the atmosphere was maybe the best I've ever seen at Baum Statium (Maybe the Super Regional vs. Florida St) and I hope the Hog fans will continue to show up and show support for the home team.

I predict that if we win at least 2 of 3 against Vandy, we will be ranked in the top five of every poll.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: AB™ on April 09, 2009, 01:21:50 am
I'll sell blood and semen if I have to for the packet of tickets. 

Quoted for posterity.

RHS

I'll have my fotos and video oif the last strike up today sometime on FB.

bulldogs1159

Your sister and her BF are lucky we won They can come back again, lol.

Quite Frankly

Was there any  follow up to the stuff with the ASU left fielder?

bulldogs1159

Quote from: QF© on April 09, 2009, 01:49:40 pm
They put him in RF. So we assume he asked to not play in left to get away from us. :)

Quite Frankly

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on April 09, 2009, 01:52:01 pm
Quote from: QF© on April 09, 2009, 01:49:40 pm
They put him in RF. So we assume he asked to not play in left to get away from us. :)
You know that was it.  What a loser, stuck a teammate in his line of fire.

RHS

RHS

Here are my pics from the game. They start on page 2 (1st page is from Missouri State).

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2065436&id=73103430&l=96177604be

Video giving me problems but will be up later.

Father Guido

Just reported on the Sports (40/29) that the crowd at Baum last night broke two NCAA records for a Midweek, Non-Conference game.  They did not say what two records.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Father Guido on April 09, 2009, 06:30:31 pm
Just reported on the Sports (40/29) that the crowd at Baum last night broke two NCAA records for a Midweek, Non-Conference game.  They did not say what two records.
Maybe most in attendance for a mid-week game, and most in attendance for a regular season non-conference game.

Quite Frankly

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas