• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#2 Arizona State vs #1 Arkansas (Vandy series, too)

Started by rsvl_hogfan4, April 07, 2009, 07:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rsvl_hogfan4

Father Guido

Quote from: RD™ on April 08, 2009, 09:57:34 pm
BAUM IS GOING NUTS!!!!!

Heck, RD, if I'd known you were there, we could have gotten together for a nice rousing rendition of "Down By the River!" or something. 

rsvl_hogfan4

April 09, 2009, 10:26:47 pm #102 Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 01:28:58 am by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 09, 2009, 06:35:45 pm
Quote from: Father Guido on April 09, 2009, 06:30:31 pm
Just reported on the Sports (40/29) that the crowd at Baum last night broke two NCAA records for a Midweek, Non-Conference game.  They did not say what two records.
Maybe most in attendance for a mid-week game, and most in attendance for a regular season non-conference game.
These were in fact the records that we broke last night.

B&GT

Quite Frankly

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 09, 2009, 10:26:47 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 09, 2009, 06:35:45 pm
Just reported on the Sports (40/29) that the crowd at Baum last night broke two NCAA records for a Midweek, Non-Conference game.  They did not say what two records.
Maybe most in attendance for a mid-week game, and most in attendance for a regular season non-conference game.
These were in fact the records that we broke last night.
Just as Father stated first post.

13minutes

rsvl_hogfan4

April 10, 2009, 11:59:40 am #108 Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:01:14 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Just reported on the Sports (40/29) that the crowd at Baum last night broke two NCAA records for a Midweek, Non-Conference game. They did not say what two records.
Quote from: QF© on April 10, 2009, 08:15:45 am<br />
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 09, 2009, 10:26:47 pm<br />
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 09, 2009, 06:35:45 pm<br />
Quote from: Father Guido on April 09, 2009, 06:30:31 pm<br />Just reported on the Sports (40/29) that the crowd at Baum last night broke two NCAA records for a Midweek, Non-Conference game.  They did not say what two records.<br />
Maybe most in attendance for a mid-week game, and most in attendance for a regular season non-conference game. <br />
These were in fact the records that we broke last night.<br />
<br />Just as Father stated first post.<br />

Actually here is the exact quote from Guido.

Notice how he said we broke attendance records, but they did not say what two records. I bolded for you so that you can read it clearly. That is indicating he was not sure what the exact records were. I threw a suggestion out there. When the news came on it confirmed what I said, so I got back on to post that those were the records.

Not that hard to understand really. It wasn't a record broken for a mid-week, non-conference game. The record that we broke was for a mid-week game, and for a non-conference game. All mid-week games are non-conference, so there isn't such a record for a mid-week non-conference attendance record. I guess you don't realize that, though.

The non-conference record includes weekend games, too.

Quite Frankly

I realize exactly.
Swtiching to the game, the residual from last nights storm is hanging around and it will be a little chilly at Baum tonight.  Colder than originally forecasted.

6:30 start for those going.

B&GT

Those records have to be for on campus games, or at least games played in the school's own stadium.  The record for the largest attendance to a mid-week and therefore also non-conference game is 40,106.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: B&GT on April 10, 2009, 01:12:44 pm
Those records have to be for on campus games, or at least games played in the school's own stadium.  The record for the largest attendance to a mid-week and therefore also non-conference game is 40,106.
You are right. However, just because it is a mid-week game record doesn't mean it is a non-conference game record, too. In this case, it happens to be, though.

AB™

Yeah, I think San Diego and San Diego State played in PETCO several years ago.

I also think Georgia and Georgia Tech played in Turner Field one year and the attendance was over 20,000.

B&GT

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 10, 2009, 01:14:15 pm
You are right. However, just because it is a mid-week game record doesn't mean it is a non-conference game record, too. In this case, it happens to be, though.

Well, because I knew it was, and the "therefore" is indicative that it was that rather than conference.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: B&GT on April 10, 2009, 01:28:38 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 10, 2009, 01:14:15 pm

Well, because I knew it was, and the "therefore" is indicative that it was that rather than conference.
I know. When you said it was a record for mid-week game, and  "therefore" a non-conference game too, I read that as you saying since it is a mid-week record it is also a non-conference game record, too. You must not have meant that. I was just saying.

Quite Frankly

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: QF© on April 10, 2009, 07:21:37 pm
Vandy 1 Hogs 0

Top of 3rd
Glad we got out of that 2nd inning. Vandy should have scored more than they did.

Quite Frankly

2-0 now.  Going to the 4th.  We are not getting clutch hits yet.  (duh)

rsvl_hogfan4

Vandy up 4-0.

Hogs having a bit of a let down after two big wins. Definitely not out of it, yet. This is one of the best pitchers the Hogs will face all season, though. Vandy isn't a great team, but they have a great pitcher. He is projected to be a first rounder, and possibly top 10. He is definitely a top pitcher in this league. Combine that with the fact that he is a lefty and we struggle against a LHP, and we may come up with very few hits until he gets out.

Quite Frankly

April 10, 2009, 08:01:52 pm #119 Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 08:03:39 pm by QF©
(QF turns and puts rally cap on and knew it was 7-0 at the time)

bulldogs1159

RHS

Was 8-0 when I got out of the car. Vandy was up 7-0 in the 8th and stole a base on us. Great sportsmanship.

I figured we'd lose after our mid-week success, but not get dominated. Need to win tomorrow before trying for a series win on Sunday.

AB™

I'm glad I didn't waste the gas to go sit through an 8-0 game in 45 degree windy weather. I'm still planning on going Sunday though.

RHS

Won't be up Sunday but maybe the series after that.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: AB™ on April 11, 2009, 02:55:07 am
I'm glad I didn't waste the gas to go sit through an 8-0 game in 45 degree windy weather. I'm still planning on going Sunday though.
Cool, I'll see you tomorrow. Oh and, find my game! Lol

Quite Frankly

rsvl_hogfan4

This team isn't mentally focused. They definitely aren't reacting the way we needed after those two mid-week wins. House just had an easy grounder to him in the outfield and it went right past him.

For some reason I thought this game was on at 6 today, and just turned it on about 15 minutes ago. My TV guide said softball so I wasn't even thinking. Should have known fox sports would have the guide wrong.

SMC

Fox Sports is an absolute joke. They never have the guide right, they pre-empt stuff randomly, and they put complete garbage on over good national programming.

SMC

Vandy is about to blow this open it looks like.

The Hogs pitcher can't throw strikes, but could have been out of the inning earlier if the infield had been played at double play depth. Bases loaded with one out, why would the infield be halfway in? Vandy guy hit a hard grounder right to the 2B, but he was playing in, instead of back for the DP, and it got by him.

rsvl_hogfan4

Vandy has scored 4 in the 5th, and they aren't done yet. The Hogs have committed 3 or 4 errors this game, and 2 in this inning. They committed 4 yesterday. Combine that with the fact they aren't scoring any runs, and it is getting ugly in this series. We better win tomorrow to avoid a series sweep or our top 10 ranking will drop dramatically.

Quite Frankly

AB™

I saw when they were showing the Hogs lineup on TV that the Hogs were 11th in the SEC in batting average and 11th in scored runs.  Is that really true?  I didn't know the offense was struggling that much.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB™ on April 11, 2009, 04:58:22 pm
I saw when they were showing the Hogs lineup on TV that the Hogs were 11th in the SEC in batting average and 11th in scored runs.  Is that really true?  I didn't know the offense was struggling that much.
Some games they have had are really bad. Other games they are really explosive. We average 7 runs a game, so our offense isn't bad. The SEC is just a good hitting conference.

Hogs didn't have a hit going into the 6th. We have hit 3 HRs in this inning. Hogs are down 11-4 going into the 7th inning. Too little, too late.

RD™

Hog fans need to realize you can't win EVERY SEC series.

We will spank the frick out of Vandy tomorrow.

rsvl_hogfan4

Yeah, Hogville is pretty funny right now. Some posters are saying this series could break the season. We are exposed now. All this stupid stuff. Vandy just beat a ranked Florida team in a series last week. They are hitting the ball well, too. The errors definitely are frustrating. Getting blown out in two games is not a good sign. However, sometimes it isn't going to be our weekend.

SMC

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 11, 2009, 05:23:43 pm
We average 7 runs a game, so our offense isn't bad. The SEC is just a good hitting conference.

Some things never change. Teams in the SEC can mash but don't have much in the way of pitching. Wonder if that will cause many of their teams to crash out in the postseason again.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: SMC on April 11, 2009, 05:42:42 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 11, 2009, 05:23:43 pm
We average 7 runs a game, so our offense isn't bad. The SEC is just a good hitting conference.

Some things never change. Teams in the SEC can mash but don't have much in the way of pitching. Wonder if that will cause many of their teams to crash out in the postseason again.
If you were a good pitching recruit it would be a tough decision to come pitch against all the SEC hitting talent.

B&GT

April 11, 2009, 09:33:36 pm #137 Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 10:08:10 pm by B&GT
I'm kind of worried about getting swept. Arkansas doesn't have a Sunday starter.

After today Arkansas still leads the West by one game and is tied with Georgia for the overall lead in the SEC.

RHS

RD™

rsvl_hogfan4

powerlifter90

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 11, 2009, 05:37:50 pm
Yeah, Hogville is pretty funny right now. Some posters are saying this series could break the season. We are exposed now. All this stupid stuff. Vandy just beat a ranked Florida team in a series last week. They are hitting the ball well, too. The errors definitely are frustrating. Getting blown out in two games is not a good sign. However, sometimes it isn't going to be our weekend.

OMG!!   exactly why I laugh at hogville.

this is NOT the end of the season or anything else.  "exposed"?!  haha...... yeah exposed they swept the #1 team in the nation in a mid week, they came in flat this weekend.  It happens, big freakin deal, the Hogs will be fine.  People need to remember that they were picked 4th in the West, enjoy the ride while its rolling and quit thinking the sky is falling. 

if anyone wants to copy and paste this on hogville please do.  geez people

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: BUGEATERS on April 12, 2009, 10:11:03 am
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 11, 2009, 05:37:50 pm

OMG!!   exactly why I laugh at hogville.

this is NOT the end of the season or anything else.  "exposed"?!  haha...... yeah exposed they swept the #1 team in the nation in a mid week, they came in flat this weekend.  It happens, big freakin deal, the Hogs will be fine.  People need to remember that they were picked 4th in the West, enjoy the ride while its rolling and quit thinking the sky is falling. 

if anyone wants to copy and paste this on hogville please do.  geez people
It would be no use. A few have said that and they just keep arguing. It is pretty funny. They are like all teams have to do is pitch a lefty junk ball pitcher and we won't win another game.

powerlifter90

true idiots............ wait and see if the football team "struggles" a little out of the gate.  They will go "Nutts" then..........

AB™

I was reading Hogville and some people are already claiming UGA will be an easy win based on their spring game. You know, because it's always good to judge how good or bad a team will be in September on a scrimmage in April.

B&GT

And just like that, Arkansas is in 2nd place in the SEC.  We play Georgia at their place next weekend.  A lot can happen.  Take the lead back, or get way behind.

bleudog

April 15, 2009, 10:43:08 am #146 Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:47:33 am by bleudog
This couldn't have been to good for morale:

CLICK HERE

13minutes

No Big Deal... non-conference games shouldn't get us all up tight.

But the Hogs really need to get a series win at Georgia.

bleudog

Quote from: 13minutes on April 15, 2009, 11:16:18 am

Guess that's what the Arizona State folks were saying too.;)

rsvl_hogfan4

April 15, 2009, 12:07:32 pm #149 Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:39:40 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: bleudog on April 15, 2009, 11:40:19 am
Quote from: 13minutes on April 15, 2009, 11:16:18 am

Guess that's what the Arizona State folks were saying too.;)
As long as we take the 2nd game we are fine. Losing a mid-week game isn't that bad. Getting swept by ULM would be bad, though. ULM has a pretty good record and beat MSU earlier this year. Not that MSU is good, but this happens in mid-week games. We lost to Centenary earlier in the year.

We will be in good shape if we win today and take 2 of 3 at UGA.

I just saw that we started 5 freshmen last night, and pitched basically our bull pen with no pitcher throwing more than 3 innings. We shouldn't lose to ULM, but we played a lot of inexperienced players in order to prepare for the series that counts.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas