• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sean Taylor makes Pro Bowl posthumously

Started by onegearruss, December 18, 2007, 06:51:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Truth

A great honor... and he really deserves it.

Throwback1

Quote from: The Truth on December 18, 2007, 07:05:42 pm
A great honor... and he really deserves it.
How does he deserve it?  He had been out due to injury.  Nice sentimental gesture, but not sure how he "deserved" it for limited duty this year?  If he hadn't been tragically killed he wouldn't have made it for that reason, so how did he "deserve" it?  Just wondering.

love_suicide03

bulldogs1159

Throwback1

Quote from: love_suicide03 on December 18, 2007, 07:28:31 pm
Wow are you a heartless person?
NO, not at all.   It was a senseless tragedy that saddened us all and I think the NFL did the exact right thing naming him to the Pro Bowl.  I just took issue with the word "deserved".  If you took that to mean somehow that I was diminishing the tragedy of his death, then I apologize.

evoIX15

He desrved it by having a league high 5 interceptions at the time of his death.

Throwback1

Quote from: evoIX15 on December 18, 2007, 09:37:26 pm
He desrved it by having a league high 5 interceptions at the time of his death.
That would be a valid reason.

Ken Griffey Jr.

On another note, 4 players with Arkansas ties made the pro bowl.  Ken Hamlin of Dallas, Sean Andrews of Philadelphia, and Jason Peters of Buffalo were all former Hogs that made the list,  Kevin Williams, from Fordyce(played college at Oklahoma St. I believe) plays DT for Minnesota and he got on the list as well.

Throwback1

Quote from: Ken Griffey Jr. on December 18, 2007, 09:51:06 pm
On another note, 4 players with Arkansas ties made the pro bowl.  Ken Hamlin of Dallas, Sean Andrews of Philadelphia, and Jason Peters of Buffalo were all former Hogs that made the list,  Kevin Williams, from Fordyce(played college at Oklahoma St. I believe) plays DT for Minnesota and he got on the list as well.
Andrews out of CF.

WBF †

gwoodbballplaya12

jason peters? like our ex tight end jason peters?

Ken Griffey Jr.

Yes, that jason Peters.  He plays Left Tackle for the Bills now.

gwoodbballplaya12

WBF †

Arkansas, the school where the players' talent isn't maximized by their position.

gwoodbballplaya12

RHS

Quote from: Ken Griffey Jr. on December 18, 2007, 09:51:06 pm

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=75943.0

SandLizard04

Also, one of the Bills' safeties is former Razorback WR George Wilson.

Romeo

He definitely deserves to make the pro bowl. This is not just a postumous honor because he died. With the stats he had before his untimely death he would have made the pro bowl.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas